Mickey's Inferno

Nice dubs. Still won't heal me, though.

>Goofy and Donald get hidden special worlds to unlock their final weapons
>Final battle for Goofy
>youtube.com/watch?v=gOWFbYRGjz8

How would you react

YOU DON'T HEAR ME SAY

Are these games any good?

Gameplay-wise yeah pretty decent if you stick to mainline titles. There's an obvious spike then degradation but still enjoyable titles.

Your mileage may vary on the story.

Will I understand the plot if I've never played a FF game?

I thought they were just making Sora, is Bandai really making that many this early on?

Easily plot is wholey OC and Disney movie set pieces

Oh the FF games have little to do with the plot. The FF characters are mostly far removed their respective games outside of references here and there that aren't intrusive.

The plot of KH is largely it's own thing

I might check it out on PS4 then, since I'm such a huge Disney fan. I have not played any JRPGs and video game wise I'm pretty limited to Mario and Pac-Man.

I wish kingdom hearts never had Disney characters, I try to take the cutscenes seriously but it's impossible with these characters.

You won't understand the plot even if you played every single FF game.

KH1 has aged poorly, KH2 has good gameplay but will be pretty incomprehensible if you jump right into it. I would say start from the beginning but don't expect too much.

>aged poorly
It hold up better than KH2, what are you even talking about. It feels closer to a timeless Zelda title you could just pick up and play than any of the other games in the series.

Play Dissidia then. The whole point of Kingdom Hearts was to be a massive Disney crossover.

The Final Fantasy characters were just there to be weeb bait for teenagers too cool to play a Disney game. Also, Disney owns all the original content produced for the Kingdom Hearts franchise.

Why the fuck are you trying to take it seriously.

PLEASE, OH BABY, DONT GO

>Not wanting Mickey to reveal that he was the evil mastermind all along

What? KH1 has aged amazingly well. It works as a standalone story which the other games don't.

Plus, the villains were actual threats and the story in each world fit into the narrative.

The platforming controls are clunky as hell, most of the worlds are sparse and boring, and it doesn't pick up until towards the end. I had a lot of nostalgia for it but when I replayed it as an adult, literally the first 75% of it was wishing to get to the next world already because all the early worlds are so unfun. Hollow Bastion was good though.

The disney princesses of heart shit wasn't any less lame than the organization of tryhards, and I'm not sure why people think otherwise. And whether it worked as a standalone or not the story was by no means good so even if you consider it the best one that's kind of empty praise.

Why does Sup Forums have better Kingdom Hearts threads than Sup Forums or /vg/?

The Princesses of Heart were just a Disney flavored version of a "Find the Seven Whatevers" JRPG trope that fit in well with the original game's overall "A Disney movie through the lens of a Square RPG" vibe. The first game is a fun little story about a boy on a journey with funny sidekicks to a dark castle to rescue a princess from an incredibly hammy and entertaining villain while helping redeem a friend who fell down a dark path.

Organization 13 was the start of them getting overly obsessed with convoluted anime plotting and loosely pieced together cosmology.

Good.

SIMPLE AND CLEAN IS THE WAY THAT YOU'RE MAKING ME FEEL TONIGHT

The gameplay has aged HORRIBLY. I say this as a tremendous mark for KH.

Maybe on PS2, but it's great in the Final Mix.

>kh3 isn't coming until ps5

it fucking hurts...i'm not buying a ps4 this gen anyways.

I hate final fantasy because normalfags call JRPGs final fantasy.

the plot makes perfect sense if you've played the games.

it's just super convoluted, but it makes perfect sense if you've played them.

But then you'll be missing out on playing the other objectively superior JRPG series

May as well ask, but about 14 year old Sora. Does anyone else simply NOT believe that given his design, clothing attire, and KH1 voice that he's 14 years old?

Honestly everything about 14 year old Sora screams....he's like 10-11 years old. Bonus if you take into account how unnaturally short he is (check the scene from Days where you see a height comparison and Xion is taller than 14 year old Sora). Also do take a look at Sora's room in KH1, that is the room of a pre-teen, what teenager has puppet smiley toys or shirts with smileys or learning blocks? Compare that with Roxas' room in KH2 which has none of those child like objects.

It always felt like Sora was meant to be younger, but Nomura said "Oh he's 14 by the way."

Because Sup Forums actually talks about the Disney Fanfare. Sup Forums only talks about little miss overrated Blue Haired Fighting Boobs.

Japs

Teens look younger than you think, but he does act a bit younger maybe, if only because that's around the age most kids start trying way too hard to distance themselves from kiddy stuff in an effort to be taken seriously. If it was realistic, Sora would be going through his edgy phase.

unless he has ps3

I can already see it
>instrumental because copyright issues
>no crowd
>no secondary characters
>we fight some OC Hearthless behind the curtain while the dancing happens offscreen
>sequence happens while Sora awkwardly stands in the background

>KH1 has aged poorly

Wrong

top kek
I'm a huge kingdom heartsfag so I'll tell you yes.

IT'S HARD TO LET IT GO

Hey hey hey! I'm the keyblade master!

Take off your nostalgia goggles.

You know, I've never really thought about this, but I'm starting to think KH Goofy is one of the stronger Kingdom Hearts designs.

>It successfully calls back to his typical design
>It doesn't go overboard with the belts and zippers
>Simple and effective, as befitting of Goofy

goofy

No, no, no.
You're supposed to say SORA, Donald and Goofy.
With that exact wording in that exact order.

bump

It's called final fantasy.

The only games that are particularly bad are Days and Coded.
BBS and 3D are alright.

KH1 has by FAR the better plot, it's a pretty relatable story about friendship and teenage angst, anyone can relate to it.

KH2 is the better action game, the actual combat gameplay is far superior. But the story is such a fucking mess that you need a flowchart to follow it.

Don't you mean simple and clean

I have the opposite problem. I wish the games focused more on the Disney characters and less on the FF and OC characters with their dumb incomprehensible plots.

How can anyone consider the plot of KH2 "complex" or a mess?
>When a strong person becomes a heartless a nobody is created
>Ansem was actually Ansem's apprentice, while the real Ansem is a good guy
>The aforementioned fake Ansem's nobody is the leader of the bad guys organization
>Sora and Kairi have nobodies too, but because of the strange way they were created they have a few differences from the others

It's 358/2 Days or 3D that have a convoluted plot, not KH2

The only thing I dislike is that, when you kill a heartless and a nobody, they are reborn as their past selves. It sort of makes the whole thing redundant. What's to stop somebody from just repeating the cycle over and over? It's functional immortality.

Best villains and OTP coming through.

Yes and no.

Story wise: There's a ton of games in the series and the storyline is ridiculously convoluted. Like more convoluted than any other game I've ever played. Just as soon as you think you've figured it out a new game comes out and makes things way more convoluted. I think the fanbase has just developed stockholm syndrome from being abused so much by the writer.

Gameplay wise: This varies across games. Some games have drastically different gameplay but the main series is overall fairly consistent and fun (also can get pretty difficult). Newer Final Fantasy games have a battle system based on the main KH series and KH III will likely be the epitome of the series as far as gameplay is concerned.

If you do play them, you should play the high definition compilation/remasters on PS4. They are called
Kingdom Hearts HD 1.5 Remix
en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Kingdom_Hearts_HD_1.5_Remix
Kingdom Hearts HD 2.5 Remix
en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Kingdom_Hearts_HD_2.5_Remix
Kingdom Hearts HD 2.8 Final Chapter Prologue
en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Kingdom_Hearts_HD_2.8_Final_Chapter_Prologue

By the way, the characters in the Kingdom Hearts universe(s) and worlds aren't exactly the same characters as the Disney and Final Fantasy characters you are familiar with. In some ways they are but there's all this Kingdom Hearts stuff mixed in. It's kind of weird seeing these old stories altered in that way and I don't really know how I feel about it but I guess it's what I should have expected.

Also, it's mostly recently popular franchises that you'll see, so no Darkwing Duck, unfortunately.

Because those boards are full of retards who spend all their time playing online games.

The Heartless seems to be reborn at the same place the person lost their heart at, but the Nobody can be reborn anywhere else, in any other world. You'd have to find the Nobody, which really isn't that easy, since not everyone can freely travel between worlds. Even Ansem's initial research was entirely done within Hollow Bastion, and he only discovered the other worlds because King Mickey visited Hollow Bastion.

That dude means that:

>Person splits into heartless + nobody
>nobody is killed
>heartless is killed
>Original person is reborn

By continuing to split an individual can keep from ever truly being killed.

Also complicated

>Nobody over time can develop its own heart, separate from it's original.

It's unclear what that means exactly. Though as a result, Sora right now is carrying a bunch of different hearts inside of him and he's carried more in the past.

Same boat with you. I hope they make the Disney villains more threatening, the Julius fight in DDD was hype.

Sora has three currently. Roxas, Ventus, and Xion.

Two of those are parts of his own heart, that manifested to become their own people. Ventus is the only "hanger on".

It's possible that a portion of Master Xehanort is in his heart now, due to DDD. We're not 100% sure.

>What's to stop somebody from just repeating the cycle over and over?
you have no way of telling how long it'll take for someone to come along and take out both your heartless and your nobody. what if one of the two end up stuck in a ravine somewhere for millions of years? whatever you were hoping to accomplish is no longer even slightly relevant. and very few people have a strong enough force of personality that their nobody isn't just another mindless grunt so you can't rely on him to get anything done

Vanitus is in there two, inside Ventus's heart as a 'part of his own heart that manifest to become his own person'.

Also while not inside his heart, he still has a very strong connection to Namine inside Kairi's heart

Not that guy but I thought Vanitas was destroyed and hence why Ventus' heart is broken and incomplete?

Vanitas was destroyed and his body was re-absorbed into Ventus' heart which is why Ventus' Heart Station was recompleted right before he falling into a comma. His heart is complete yes, but in a weakened state.

i only played the second one and birth by sleep
The games are fun if anything for the gimmick of being set in disney while being final fantasy games.
However they are unpolished as fuck and its clear the story has 0 direction
the combat is ok tho, nice mix of real combat with the use of real time menus, more games should do that

Forgot to add.

Art wise - Visually the art could be better. There is a lot of variety in costumes and shaders between different worlds but it's overall a little too cartoony for my taste. Tetsuya Nomura is the director, concept designer, base story writer, and character designer for Kingdom Hearts. The dude was the character designer for many of the 3D Final Fantasy games starting at Final Fantasy VII so you can be sure to expect a lot of unnecessary belts and straps.

Music wise - The music is top notch. It's all composed by Yoko Shimomura. She has composed music for a bunch of games including the Legend of Mana series and Final Fantasy XV. Here is some of her work:
youtube.com/watch?v=vtEtwXjfb2k
youtube.com/watch?v=rQCjtWp1eHQ
youtube.com/watch?v=w9oBX7iZKSE
youtube.com/watch?v=uyo3ojuhyVk

There is also the issue that Heartless are never truly killed unless they are felled by the Keyblade
If they are defeated in any other way they would just return to the Darkness and respawn some time later, and there are less than 10 Keyblade Wielder in the whole universe

am i the only one who doesn't want Xion and Roxas to come back.

SORA WHE'RE STUCK IN UNDERTALE

Will 3 feature a new hit single by Utada Hikaru?

Why not? They're team Axel.

The real question is whether Axel will come back as a separate character from Lea.

Holy shit this. I've been saying it for years

there's seven on the good guys side, one of which is in a coma, another is possessed, and the third is trapped in another dimension. on the bad guy's side they have three Xenahorts who can use them but two of those were sucked back to the time period they came from. so as of the end of Dream Drop there's only five active keyblade users in the present time

>Sora
>Mickey
>Riku
>Yen Sid
>Aqua
>Ventus
>Terra
>Kairi
>Lea

>Xehanort (a ton of versions of him, including time traveling versions from both the future and the past,
I won't try to sort out this mess myself)
>Vanitas
I think you forgot a few. These are the ones I'm counting.

The music is the one thing I'm sure everyone agrees is exceptional.

Neither of the games have a good plot, therefore it falls on the one with better gameplay.

Sora sees a shade of Vanitas in 3D, and he specifically taunts Sora for making his heart into a prison. He's definitely still in there somewhere.

I'll be the lone dissenter then, I think it's pretty crap except for CoM. But I also have a strong distaste for most film score style music, so.