ITT: Disturbing Episodes

ITT: Disturbing Episodes

When you really sit down and think about the whole thing, No More Cookies was really messed up

Other urls found in this thread:

articles.latimes.com/1994-08-10/news/ls-25573_1_discipline
youtube.com/watch?v=kp3iPwca7Xk
youtube.com/watch?v=ADrojCw6amM
youtube.com/watch?v=U_eO98ynJTU
twitter.com/NSFWRedditGif

>That episode where Spongebob and Mr Krabs think they killed someone and try to hide the body so they won't be arrested

>Squidward has a fucking mental breakdown and runs to work naked
>Everyone getting stranded on the moon after being kidnapped

Do you expect people to know the name's and plots of Rugrat episodes off hand?
Explain what happened and why it was messed up.

The name of the episode is literally No More Cookies. Watch it yourself and you'll see why

lrn2google

>The Halloween episode where Spongebob gets horribly mutilated
>The episode where a serial killer tries to murder Spongebob for calling the police on him

>tfw I think of this episode every time I have a hangover

>That episode where Jimmy's dad gets possessed by a demonic puppet and becomes the dummy.

This show had so many fucked up episodes looking back at it.

I looked up the synopsis and I still have no idea.

Then you're a fucking idiot.

I've seen it, so I know the connection he's making. Look at and and think about what these allude to.

All there is was some parallels to drug addiction and if you think that was disturbing then you are a weak limped dick faggot.

Speed Demon

>Everyone insane, zombielike, or hollow
>Mayor dead
>HIM finally deciding to stop fucking around since he basically had already "won" by doing nothing and give the girls a smackdown

Nah, I think you're just a pedophile reading too much into the episode.

it was an allusion to alcohol abuse while also poking fun at people who would say "I'll never drink again." even though they love to drink.

Angelica eats a whole jar of cookies and gets violently ill, has to be taken into the doctor's. While recovering she tells the babies what happened and makes them promise to never let her eat cookies again. The babies go to extremes to stop her from eating cookies, even hiding the cookies she has. Angelica constantly tries to trick them into giving her cookies and when she finally finds out where they're hidden she violently tries to take them. Eventually the cookies are dropped into a washing machine and soaked in detergent, but she still eats the lot and becomes violently ill again. The episode ends with her making the babies promise not to let her eat cookies again.

It's a thinly veiled analogy for the behavior of extreme addicts. If you've ever known a serious alcoholic, nicotine addict, etc it's a disturbingly accurate portrayal. The binging, the bargaining, tearing apart a house looking for hidden fixes, and so on.

That fucking episode of Rugrats where Angelica takes her parents to court. It's terrifying because it was a thing that was actually happening in the early 90s.

articles.latimes.com/1994-08-10/news/ls-25573_1_discipline

Mr Meaty
youtube.com/watch?v=kp3iPwca7Xk
Also this isn't an episode from a cartoon but Roger Rabbit is Sup Forums enough.
youtube.com/watch?v=ADrojCw6amM
The Rugrats episode that always scarred me was when Angelica's parents were thinking about having another child.

i remember this episode and only this episode by name
This one ens with anglica eating soap cookies

Most of the series was pretty fucked up in a Batman Beyond sort of way... but this was probably peak fucked up-ness

>NOW YOU'RE NUM NUMS!!!

Crispy hand isn't even that bad, go watch flings flonga

This episode always reminds me of my friend when we tried to get him off cocaine

I loved this show so much. WHY DID DISNEY HAVE TO CANCEL IT AHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHH

Even as a kid I knew it was fucked

>That episode with the dust bunnies
>I'M NOT TOMMY/STU
>That episode where Chuckie sees nightmare tier abominations without his glasses
>That episode where Phil and Lil competed for attention
>That episode where Chuckie associated potty training to execution via the electric chair
>That episode where Chuckie experiences the typical "its a wonderful life" plotline. In adulthood you realize that there is a lot of truth in that episode for what would happen to Chaz.
Rugrats could get pretty dark/heavy.

>Eventually the cookies are dropped into a washing machine and soaked in detergent, but she still eats the lot and becomes violently ill again.
I'm surprised that didn't kill her.

>>That episode where Chuckie experiences the typical "its a wonderful life" plotline. In adulthood you realize that there is a lot of truth in that episode for what would happen to Chaz
The only thing I remember about Chaz's segment is that his house is filled with stacks upon stacks of something, but I don't remember what they were at all.

Rugrats in general is kinda fucked up if you take a moment to think about it

>that episode where the babies manage to sell all of their parents worldly possessions
>that episode where two babies are locked inside a store the entire night
>that episode where tommy gets kidnapped

Stacks of pizza boxes. Also he has become unkempt and watches a bunch of cspan
>"Socky I wish you were real"
>"Me too"

>that episode where the babies manage to sell all of their parents worldly possessions
But they can't even talk

There's no such things as monsters.
There's no such things as monsters.
There's no such things as-

I forgot to add that the sock puppet seems to have female hair. I honestly think they may be making some implications that the sock is supposed to represent Chuckie's dead mom and that he uses the sock for masturbation.

>It's a thinly veiled analogy for the behavior of extreme addicts. If you've ever known a serious alcoholic, nicotine addict, etc it's a disturbingly accurate portrayal. The binging, the bargaining, tearing apart a house looking for hidden fixes, and so on.

It was pretty funny though.

it was a garage sale and the parents didn't bother to cross-check with each other to see if they were cool with selling literally everything they owned.

>that episode where two babies are locked inside a store the entire night

>they were chased by a giant robot that they got rid of by putting it into a fucking real time machine

GORG HUNGRY! GORG WANT EAT!

>tfw you realize that that episode potentially altered all of history

>>that episode where two babies are locked inside a store the entire night

Wasn't this one about Drew and Stu? Where they watched tv and bounced on trampolines?
Didn't they have a fucking blast with it?
I remember I did.

>THE LAND WITHOUT SMILES

THE LAND WITHOUT BRAINS IS MORE LIKE IT

How has nobody mentioned the episode of Hey Arnold with a fucking school shooting?

>that episode that's completely flowers for algernon but with allergies

>[spolier]chaz's heartbreak coming to terms that his son will always be uncomfortable and miss out[/spoiler]

Man Hey Arnold could get really fucking real at times but I don't remember a goddamn school shooting.

>The episode ends with her making the babies promise not to let her eat cookies again.

This I don't remember. I've only seen the episode end with Angelica burping out bubbles. Unless I'm remembering the episode wrong, did Nick cut the last part out?

>"Lil, can I ask you a question?"

It wasn't a real school shooting, it was when Curly took all the dodgeballs and holed up in the principal's office.

>*Angelic starts to get sick
>Ohhhh, uggghh, Tommy, come closer, closer, DON'T EVER EVER LET ME EAT COOKIES AGAIN!
>*burps bubbles
It's only like 5 seconds right at the end of the episode.

And then Lou winds up weeping over the pathos in the film.

I thought that was more of a 'Hey Arnold' does 'Heart of Darkness' kind of thing.

I thought it was the gym but the plot was exactly a school shooting. It just used dodge balls as an analogy. I'm pretty sure kids even left in stretchers, and ambulances

>tfw now you're thinking of the last chapter of Flowers for Algernon

Dish detergents rarely have bleach or lye or any of that nasty stuff. They're usually fairly mild soaps. They'll give you nasty dysentery and completely fuck over your gut fauna, but with access to modern medical facilities and IV drips there's not much chance for even a little kid to die from it.

>if you abuse your child like a retarded fucking monkey then you might face serious consequences.

Yeah. Really terrifying stuff there. Try not being a shitty parent.

>when Charlie goes back to class

My heart was not ready.

>the moment when he degenerates past where he was at the very beginning of the story
>"Gee I gues I'm beeing a real Charlie Gordon huh"

But that's the whole thing, Drew and Charlotte aren't abusive at all. If anything they're overindulgent and spoil the shit out of Angelica, which is part of what makes her such a monster in Rugrats. All they wanted her to do was eat her vegetables, it's just that in addition to being an awful little shit Angelica is extremely smart and competent, so she was able to take them to court.

And of course even that's bullshit since it was all a nightmare by Drew.

>That chapter when Gumball kidnap the parents of one of his friends because he was a good person and always happy

>tfw felt awkward watching that episode as a kid
>rugrats gave me a goddamn vore fetish

Rugrats pretty strongly contributed to my fat fetish. The It's A Wonderful Life episode was fantastic with that huge hog Angelica greedily dumping whole bags of sugar into her maw.

no it was Tommy and Chucky, there was an episode with Drew and Stu as babies but it was set just in their own house

REMEMBER ME EDDIE

chills

name a more iconic line, you can not.

Hot. What's that from?

The worst mr meaty was the one about the monkey shit

>implying that only one Angelica episode is fucked up
That brat is that animated embodiment of all the seven deadly sins. Don't believe me re-watch all of season 1-3 and then talk to me again

Little Rock of Horrors is quite morbid when you think about it. It’s an episode with in which mass murder takes place. Men, women and children are literally killed on screen.

The meteor in Little Rock of Horrors eats brains. Throughout the episode the Billy leads the unfortunate citizens of Endsville to the meteor who then proceeds to suck their brains out, digest them and grow larger. The victim's of the meteor have their eyes turn green and they become mindless zombies, oblivious to the slaughter around them.

As far as neuroscience in concerned, consciousness is the product of a living brain. ‘You’ as a conscious entity with awareness and sense of self is contained in the fleshy grey matter in your skull. Damaging your brain via physical or chemical means impairs your brain function and greatly affects your consciousness. Destroy your brain and ‘you’ are destroyed as well.

The meteor does not harm the body of its victims, but it does kill them. When it eats the brain of its victim it destroys the brain and thus kills its victim. Everyone who has their brain sucked out in the episode is dead and becomes a marionette copse that dances along to the carnage.

Voltaire made that episode amazing

I loved that episode as a kid, but I always found it frustrating how grim never did anything.

it was only a silly take on the Goosebumps story

you must LOVE this Episode then.

R&S generally has some pretty fucked up shit in it, but this Episode (with Retardo-Ren being the main culprit of disturbingness for my younger self) and the "Hermit Ren" - Episode (featuring a slow descent into madness with trippy shit) were among the worst for me.

I'm starting to think they refenced fucking Mad Max with that ep of them with the giant vehicles in the desert

ARE YOU FUCKING SERIOUS? THEY DARED TO PUT THIS ON A CHILDREN'S CARTOON OH MY GOD THEY ARE SO FUCKING EDGY!

youtube.com/watch?v=U_eO98ynJTU

moar

I was a pretty fucked up little kid, and so it killed me eve harder than the other episodes. just the way Mr Krabs worded it still destroys my sides

>why... that must be the most diabolical krabby patty ever SPAWNED

>If someone tougher tells you to do something, you have to do it
>No matter what it is
>No MATTER what it is! You have to do it...

Wow and the prison guys slobbering all over the kids, they're really referencing and warning kids about prison rape without stating it explicitly

The episode of rugrats where they're afraid of the drain.
Just a scary episode to me. Freaked me the heck out. Probably due to the angles.

I love when people can't come up with an argument and go on to make asinine excuses instead. (You) earned this.

Whats so bad about flinga flonga? Just watched it, I mean it was kind of creepy, but not very.

SO WHY DON'TCHA BE A PAL
AND BRING ME SOME BRRRAINS

I thought it was based on a Twilight Zone episode?

BRAINS BRAINS I WONT LIE
ILL EAT THERE BRAINS TILL THERE ZOMBIEFIED
SURE THEY MIGHT THING THAT ITS DERANGED
WELL THEY WONT GIVE IT MUCH THOUGHT AFTER IVE EATEN THERE BRAINS

That puppet traumatized me. The early cg and the end of the episode made it too unnerving.

There was an apisode where Chuckie had a nightmare and he walked around Tommy's house, but there were some really weird pics of Tommy and the twins in the wall, with arms coming out of his eyes. What episode was this?

Even as a kid I knew that plot was too ridiculous to be anything other than a dream sequence and never took it seriously.

But then, that might be my memory fucking with me because I watched reruns so many times I honestly can't recall my first reaction anymore.

Rugrats is one of those shows that I don't think I ever particularly liked, but since I spent all day every day watching Nickelodeon so much and they reran it so often, I probably learned whole episodes by heart. I can't believe how much time as a child I spent rewatching things that were never that good to begin with. I can only imagine what kids today are like now that children's networks play the same two or three shows 24/7. At least they have internet now.

Two Twilight Zone episodes and some goosebumps stuff have used evil talking ventriloquist dummies. BTAS too. It's kind of just a common spooky monster story now, so I don't think it's worth saying it's based on any one thing in particular. Like werewolves.

MISTER FIEND