I don't understand...

I don't understand. If she didn't have special parents or a special past then how come she was able to become so powerful in literally the span on two days?

The Force willed it. And the Force is female and has the power to fuck logic in favour of gender politics.

the magic of lazy writing and needing to please share holders

You're a sexist.

Everyone can use the force now breh. That's what the last scene with the kid implies.

The force is female sweetie and doesn't need to explain itself to the likes of you
Get over it

The force aka God made her powerful so she can balance out evil.

I think it's like in The Legend of Korra when the spirit world made new Air Benders, every once in a while God needs to step in a get things back on track

The kid is force sensitive but not everyone has the same potential ( not equivalent to realized power ).

female

Even if everyone can use the force now, shouldn't it require months of training at least to be able to beat Kylo Ren in a mental tug of war over a light saber? Or is Kylo Ren not really that strong in the first place? They keep mentioning him as if he's a scary presence in the galaxy but Rey kicks his ass very easily.

>needing to please share holders
>share holders
is that code for jews, now?

they lost a billion dollars

Rey's birth name was Mary Sue.

Turn ur brain off bro

It's literally said in the movie as Kylo Ren gets stronger so does she because they bring balance to the force.

I will never tell

>everyone can use the force now
This is the main point of the nuwars commie snowflake agenda... everyone is special

Innate talent, hard work, dedication... it's irrelevant

We're all the same

so again, kylo is an interesting character and rey is just part of his story

Girl power, shitlord.

>Even if everyone can use the force now
not only that, they can fly star fighters and fix mechanical issues too

>genuine criticism is invalid when it even remotely suggests something negative about a female
the absolute state of western society

Because the force awakened and the force is female, making Rey the embodiment of the force, leading to her super duper powers. I don't like it, but there it is.

because star wars is now like all the other capeshit out there where superheroes are just granted their powers just like that and are ready to go.

>was literally a junk diver on some desert planet
>2 days later is somehow skilled enough in combat to defeat multiple Elite Praetorian Guards while taking relatively no damage whatsoever

100% this, but mentioning it triggers so many...

do you think the concept is like jet lees movie?
every time a Jedi dies, the one that is alive get more powerful?

now im worried the jews will get to the incredibles 2

Rey's real home planet was LV-426.

And when everyone is super...

According to Snoke, since Kylo went to the dark side, the light side would get a counterbalance because of how the force works.

So basically Rey won the Force Lottery. That's it. She lucked out and was handed something she didn't earn, much like how being born into a powerful Force user bloodline works.

How's that for subversion?

BECAUSE SHES A WOMAN REEEEEE

That's bad story telling. That would be like Daniel getting super good at karate just because the Cobras are and Miyagi being useless.

How?

Who was the natural born counter to the emperor then since Luke was obviously not the one as he had to undergo training to get gud?

I guess it would have to be Leia.

The one good thing about TLJ is putting an end to all the stupid fan theories about her parents. They were literally nothing more than worthless junkies who sold her and abandoned her.

Just because Kylo said it doesn't mean it has to be true. They can still twist it in ep IX.

Her parents were quite literal "literal-who's". It meant to support that:
1: She is a prodigy, like Anakin was in episode 1 (also a powerful force user with a literal-who as parent)
2: That powerful force users can come from any place and potentially be anyone, not necessarily by inheritance like the Skywalker family.

This part is one of the few good bits about TLJ.

That's Snoke's theory.

its a way to indirectly address the jew without actually naming him

Kind of like how you may have another word you use for niggers in public that most normies wont care about, its all in the context of how you use it

So if one of them trains hard to improve the other could just stay at home and eat cheezy puffs and would automatically become just as powerful? That's the dumbest shit ever

Tell me fags.
>force powers are getting inherited by your parents
>jedis didn't fuck
So how are there even force users in this universe? Shit makes no sense

Yeah, but the fact that Anakin was supposed to be a prophesied 'chosen one', an exceedingly rare occurrence, only to have Rey, who meets or exceeds Anakin's prowess, show up less than 50 years later really cheapens myth of the force.

Force sensitivity is mostly random unless concerning the Chosen One/descendants. Anakin >> Kylo

Kylo could have lied. She can still have very important parents.

Cont. That means the force always was like they imply in the new movies. Rey is basically a muggleborn. The medicloriens just floated around and decided to sit on her.

But that would be even worse storytelling.

Maybe. I don't see why that would be bad though. Kylo has every reason to withhold that information, and less reasons to lay all his cards on the table to just "R-rey blease join me we can rule the galaxy with love blease!".

EXPLAIN! THE JEDI ORDER STOOD FOR THOUSAND OF GENERATIONS AND THEY DIDN'T PROCREATE BC
>love
>lost
>anger
>hate
>dark side
HOW DOES THIS WORK

The jedi are a monastic order. They just find force sensitive kids and bring them in and train them

Buddhist monks m8

And who where the parents of those force sensitive kids. Normal people maybe even junk tradera? Shit makes no sense.
Either the force only gets inherited like the Skywalker family but then the JEDI ORDER doesn't make sense because they don't fuck.
Or muggles can get force powers but then rey is perfectly fine.

>they bring balance to the force.
So if one of them dies another, just as powerful, being will be born to replace them? Is the only solution a double suicide?

Indeed, If they made her backstory of being a force wonder child make more sense, they should have shown her as a leader chief or queen of a small realm on that desert planet she was on. Because with her fighting abilities, mind power abilities, mechanical knowledge, super charisma and overall wonderness, sandpeople would have joined her as underlings and she would rule a nice little country by the time this movie starts

The Skywalker bloodline is important for the sole reason that it's supposed to inherit the potential of the Chosen One. It's basically like a Jesus lineage or something.
Technically everyone can be force sensitive, people were speculating that Rey was a Skywalker only because she is so overpowered. Normally in order to be able to do anything with the force you'd need years of training.
Luke and Anakin were incredibly strong with the force and that is why they learned a lot faster than others. Being a Skywalker would have explained why Rey is able to do what she does without being a Mary Sue

Because she is a textbook Mary Sue. There is no logical explanation to ponder over.

dude its make-believe. who cares lol why are you gettin all bent out of shape because someone wants to have pretend-time

How come her, Finn and Poe care about each other? They've known each other for literally less than a week and their adventures were all fractured so its no like theres shared adversity there.

Anyone have that compilation of Rey's goofy expressions?

The Last Jedi becomes an unintentional comedy & drinking game when you know Rey is a Mary Sue.

Drink and laugh everytime a situation goes in Rey's favour (e.g. defeating Kylo Ren/Luke) despite her lack of experience, or when she happens to understand and picks up a new talent (flying the millennium falcon for the first time, super powerful force user with little to no training)

Does anyone have the BBC staff picture?

Who were Obi-Wan's parents?

Yoda was still alive

>Luke loses a hand, symbolic of his destroyed mental state after his revelation with Vader.
>Rey bruises her shoulder, fighting red not-emperors guards.
Such sacrifice.

Rey is the worst developed character I've seen in about 15 years.

Oh fuck off, it's the natural result of generations of "You are the Chosen One." being thrown at people to get them to identify via infantile narcissism. I thought Neo from The Matrix was some kind of wall with that shit but it's just a new normal.
There can't be adventures anymore, extremely important people, outwardly humble in appearance, must be revealed as central to all things as they noisily shoot stuff to save the entire multiverse.
It's been building for decades, money speaks and stories turn to wildly, absurdly overblown ego-strokes to catch that dollar's attention.

>Technically everyone can be force sensitive
The wild-west-shootout state of affairs is what culls the less force sensitive. Supersonic drag racing and interstellar smuggling? Of course.
I think that was the joke when Han said he'd travelled the galaxy and never seen anything like the Force, without it he'd probably have been picked off or smeared against an asteroid long before then.
Even droids that, without being periodically wiped, like R2, become force sensitive. Look at the shit he pulls off on the reg, the way he bumped Luke's hand in ESB, to stop him turning a corner and running into a patrol in Bespin.
That and lazy writing, yeah.

No, she is a balancing of the force, brought on by the rise of Kylo Ren. She has become incredibly strong with the force, because it wanted her to be.

That's the literal in-universe explanation, and it is stupid as fuck.

its not like you have to have force sensitive parents to have latent strength in the force. Because of the size of the galaxy the Jedi were able to maintain their population despite the rarity of such abilities.

Force sensitivity isn't necessarily heredity.

Muggle born can get sensitivity, the problem with rey is the ease and the extent she transforms this sensitivity into actual power with no training whatsoever

>they should have shown her as a leader chief or queen of a small realm on that desert planet she was on.
Obi-Wan's voice in her vision straight up said "These are your first steps". She didn't start becoming in tune with her force potential until she touched Luke's lightsaber, which is why she was selling scraps and subsisting off of the space equivalent of instant ramen at the beginning of the story.

>We're all the same
But Rey is specifically shown to be exceptional.

That's just lazy writing. The force has ceased to be a powerful mystery and is now cheap deus ex machina.

case in point

IT'S NOT ABOUT ABILITY OR TRAINING OR REAL STRUGGLE.
IT'S ABOUT EQUALITY AND GETTING STUFF BECAUSE YOU DESERVE IT FOR BEING YOU

So if one jedi kills all the others does he become super powerful since apparently both light and dark side need to have equal combined powerlevel?

The force really is female now, it makes perfect sense

Except Anakin actually had to train for many years under a master, and faced set backs and adversity (arms sliced off by Dooku because he didn't listen to Obi, not being allowed on the Jedi Council, tricked and betrayed by Sheev). Rey doesn't train, she gets powerful because Kylo is powerful. She's the most uncompelling character introduced to the Star Wars saga

The only example of that is Luke, and the reason he had force powers was that his father was literally created by the Force.

I'm a white dude when do I start getting free stuff because I'm me?

The Jedi don't procreate, and are fairly monastic, which should have lead to their rapid downfall at the hands of the Sith. Fortunately for the Jedi, the Sith live by a philosophy that ensures their own downfall virtually constantly.

More like catholic church

vagina
>Holdo has a vagina
>suddenly can hyperspace ram
>Leia has a vagina
>can use force as if she was trained
>Shrek (can't remember actual name) has a vagina
>can accelerate to catch up to finn out of the blue

>OMG, CUZ SHE SUPER STRONK AND HE IS SUPPER WEEK TEEHEE.

1 900 000 000 000 = 1 300 000 000 000 ???

>Shrek
Kek

>1 900 000 000 000 = 1 300 000 000 000 ???
Disney: "Yeah we don't mind an opportunity cost of $600,000,000,000"

Paid shill: "$600,000,000,000 isn't a lot of money, the film is still a GREAT SUCCESS"

The guy in the pic wrote that script. He's dumber than a stick. Trying to make sense out of this is pointless.

$1,900,000,000.00
$1,300,000,000.00
$600,000,000.00
>fucking idiot lol

who cares?
its a kids movie.
you're reading too much into it.
just kick back and let the special effects blast some dopamine into your system

that's not how balance works

I don't care that she is a nobody (although I think it's far less interesting), but I do care about how she is so ridiculously good at things she has no experience with whatsoever. Since when did The Force make somebody an instant expert with a lightsaber?

Same deal with this guy.

Maybe her hillbilly mom fucked the force