Wonder Woman discussion

Please refrain from company war/RT shitposting

Other urls found in this thread:

villagevoice.com/2017/05/30/despite-some-appealing-misandry-wonder-woman-cant-avoid-a-mansplaining/
myredditvideos.com/
twitter.com/NSFWRedditImage

It just keeps dropping!

What's it at now?

Sup Forums kept telling me Ares is a cloud like Galactus was. Is that true?
94%
Fresh: 113
Rotten: 7

It's a shame that all anyone's focused in is the feminism aspects of it. That's nice and all, but is it a good movie? That's all I care about.

When does it come out for public consumption?

theres a critic or 2 giving it rotten scores because it wasn't third wave feminism enough.

June 2nd

94%. It has about 120 reviews thus far, but will probably end up with close to 300 total so the score will probably settle at 92% or so.

Saw it today.

For real. There's one that says the movie fails to "sustain it's misandry" despite her hopes. On the other hand, good movie or not, there are people too focused of Diaba's vagina, like a woman that says the movie set a new bar that "the boys" should challenge themselves to reach

What's the average rating now? The mobile version is retarded and doesn't show it

It starts showing 7 pm Thursday here.

Average Rating: 7.6/10

Personally i think the standards are so low for WW that people aren't going to judge it harshly as they would Bats and Supes who have a rich history of movies versus Wondy who never had one until now.

>Ares is a cloud like Galactus was. Is that true?

People who've seen the movie say Ares looks like pic related, I didn't hear anything about him being a cloud.

Is it what fills me with hope. It's not "Feminist" like Ghostbusters was or the kind Sup Forums hates. It sounds like Wonder Woman is acting like Wonder Woman and critics think this is something new and brilliant

Ares isn't a cloud. Kiwifag here who saw it this morning

is the email shit true?

The cloud rumours are most likely insiders confusing Dr Poison experiments' for Ares himself

That one is true

>That's nice and all, but is it a good movie? That's all I care about.
Like TFA and somewhat GB2016, that's not what the critics are going to focus on to avoid being shouted out by insane internet users. Critics don't want to be on the wrong side of a fandom or social issue when identity politics is crammed into everything now.

TFA turned out to be pretty meh. Too much nostalgia and no character development. GB2016 was a total Paul Feig movie, which in my book means it completely sucked. Freaks and Geeks is the only decent thing he's been connected to.

I remembered the Ares toy having a animal head. Last minute changes?

The toy head is pretty accurate.

Cool, the Ares' helmet looks metal as fuck

I guess, yeah. Because some reviews the movie never feels particularly brilliant, and there's many complaints like boring CHI villain, too many boring moments, some didn't like the acting and whatnot

But like another user explained yesterday, this is probably like what happened with Iron Man, where nobody expected it to be good and when they saw ot was they treated it like the second coming of Kal-el

There was one review i found particularly funny that said "would you look at that, this time they made something that looks like a movie!". Made a pic

No.

She writes a mail at the end of the movie and thanks bruce for getting her the original picture back.

Its not.

At all.

It doesnt have the skull. That was to hide the identity of the villian

>tfw they will join you in the sun.

pretty much

Diana talks and does things the way Diana is supposed to. It's quite refreshing really.

So she's actually compassionate and doesn't go around neck snapping left and right while calling mortals weak like shitty writes have her do?

in this day and age that is new for many people

No, he very much shows up looking pretty close to classic post Crisis Ares.

The most surprising part is Geoff Johns helped write the movie and his Wonder Woman was a notoriously awful warrior bitch.

> stronk female lead
> female director
> not feminist

Riiiiiiiight *wink*

Did Snyder really helped patty to direct some scenes?

That's not feminism. Feminism today is just man-bashing, which is what Ghostbusters was. The studio, actors and director all antagonized the fanbase of the franchise for being FUCKING WHITE MALES and the movie bombed because of it. Wonder Woman is apparently just a good action movie starring a woman.

It's not like we know what modifications he made or suggested. Plus he's got the whole "Let's be hopeful :D" gimmick going on right now

Did he? I think his only involvement should be the story he supposedly came up with before the movie even had a director

He only 'helped' write the movie by throwing in his shitty canon ideas, like having her tell the ice cream vendor he should be proud of 'ice cream' as if the salesman made it himself, hur hur because of course Wondy is too stupid and isolated to realize that someone selling something doesn't actually make it, as if whomever fed her or clothed her (and the other Amazons) were the only persons involved in coming up with the food, clothes, etc.

What you should credit is that Berg, Jenkins and the actual screenplay writer (Allan Heinberg) deleted his impulses to having her wave a sword in his face or to demand the ice cream at the point of a sword, like no one kept him from doing in the Justice League or the shitty adaptation he forced WB Animation as COO to adapt into their shittier DC movie Justice League War of his craptastic New 52 trade

So why does Wondy sit out for a 100 years and how does it not reflect badly on her?

His involvement was literally one escene... The ice cream. Fuck Johns

> Feminism is whatever Goalpost I move it to and not what it's been defined at its core for ages

Enjoy your subtle fenimism user while your gf is pegging you and jamal is fucking her

See the sequel to find out!

Some if the action, specially in the village is probably Snyder helping, the final fight sadly doesn't have any Snyder influence and it shows.

The movie ignores the question and Jenkins implied there was "a journey" between WW and BvS

Nope, and it's a shame. They should just use Hiroshima or something and scrap the 100 years thing.

>what it's been defined at its core for ages

I bet you can't even define it. Modern day feminism is nothing more than blaming the patriarchy for everything.

>cuckposting

Nice projecting

I have super low expectation for this movie.

What a load of bullshit. Granted it was Snyders fault to begin with what with the universe he established, but ignoring it seems just as retarded.

Maybe they'll make a more adventurous fantasy movie set on Themyscira/Olympus in the sequel then. Show the squabbling Greek Gods.

We'll have to deal with that for a good while. The disastrous events of MoS and BvS makes it almost impossible to justify the presence of other super dudes. I mean, fuck, Zod gave the planet a 24 hours warning before fucking Metropolis and we're led to believe Bruce had no idea what was happening and comes so late to the party he couldn't even wear the suit?

It really is better to just forget it

I think Snyder wanted to make wondy a more complex character, in the movie they cut a big piece of the Irish man and the friends of Steve story. The Indian family was killed by murrikans, the Berber was victim of imperialism racism, and the Irishman had his family killed by the brits, they cut out that last thing and never Finnish the Irish guy arc, he never recovers the confidence, they literally avoid that, I'm only guessing but I think the Irish was cut to make the brits the good guys, but over and over again we hear the Germans are not truly evil, so it's possible Snyder wanted Diana to stop ares and the war to continue, having the imperial brits being as bad as their enemies and men just keep killing themselves but at some point that changed. I really really want to have league of one as the sequel, but this time just have her in the past against the dragon and I don't know give her visiona about Hiroshima and shit like that

He looks like a math teacher outside of his armor

MORE LIKE

A DEFENSE AGAINST THE DARK ARTS TEACHER

XD

Do they ever address how weird it is that the Amazons basically worship Zeus?

He's about as patriarchal a figure as it gets, and his track record with women isn't exactly great.

He has a dumb mustache and he looks lame

We have a Batman that kills anyone who gets in his way and sentences criminals to death in prison. And somehpow the Joker is still alive. Snyder's idea are better left out of the continuity.

This Zeus created humanity and all. He's barely a Zeus in the first place

At this point Im hoping in Justice League Flash runs back in time to save Superman and it leads to countless other unforeseeable retcons, namely the last 3 movies being completely ignored

Why does Geoff Johns think Diana lacks social skills and is an out-of-touch savage? Wasn't she meant to be an ambassador for her people?

I get it that she would unfamiliar to man's world and its customs but Johns dials it up to eleven and makes her out to be a womanchild.

Because for subtlety you'd need a good writer

Just shut up and don't ruin the thread with your shitty Bait

They basically turned Zeus into Odin and used the Amazons as his Valkryies.

In other words they did what Disney's Hercules did. They took everything that made Zeus what he is and stripped it away to make a kindly Father figure.

I fucking hate it when they "clean up" the Gods to make them palatable. The Greek gods were DICKS. That's the whole point, they're a reflection of us.

If you take away the raping, the petty revenge, and the attempted child murder, Zeus isn't Zeus anymore.

>We have a Batman that kills anyone who gets in his way and sentences criminals to death in prison.
You just contradicted yourself. He either kills everyone who gets in his way or he sentences them to death in prison. Which one is it?

It's okay, they rebuilt Metropolis in a week and I'm sure only 40 people died.

At least in Hercules he was still a goliardic buffoon. It's not like you can get such heavy themes in a children's movie

I'm surprised feminists haven't pitched a fit about the Amazons' serving as Zeus' cheer squad.

Shame, I would have liked it if WW went on a vendetta against Zeus, her daddy, for being a dick and leaving her.

Kindly father figure Zeus seems like a waste of a potentially interesting character, narrowed down into just a cliche

Don't forget Superman returning from the dead despite Clark Kent's death being published in the Daily Planet.

To be perfectly, almost EVERY movie I've seen with Greek Gods does this.

Remember the awful Clash of the Titans reboots?

Jimmy Olsen being a CIA agent that Clark couldn't give less of a fuck about saving from a bullet to the temple

He was under witness protection, Lex wanted to kill him. Blah blah blah

Amazons in Cheerleader uniforms when?

Superman literally turned that African dude into mush by thrusting his body through multiple walls at super speed. That whole scene was fucked up.

He could've melted the gun with heat vision, stole the gun at super speed, etc but he chose the messiest solution possible.

The whole bit with her marching out in public with a sward is cringy.

His fleshtoy wsa in danger.

I honestly couldn't tell you. This Batman has doesn't have any serious qualms killing people. He sometimes kills and sometimes just brands them for death in prison. I have no clue how he decides what to do.

How is it bait? I feel it's a fair question. Why hasn't Batman killed the Joker if this Batman is willing to kill?

>tfw you thought you left the DCEU after BvS but WW pulls you back in

I'm glad the movie's good but I hate dealing with Snyder's damage to the characters like WW being absent for 100 years, Clark Kent being dead, the entire characterization of Luthor etc.

They're just going to retcon all that

Do you really want to have this discussion again? You're just being intentionally obtuse.

I have a feeling the Flash is going back in time in Justice League to stop Superman from dying or something.

Because that was at the beginning of the New 52 and Jim Lee was ghostwriting Justice League. Geoff Johns kind of wised up in the past couple years about Wonder Woman, she was much better towards the end of his run.

Let's hope so, I don't think I can sit through another depressing as Superman movie.

I've never had this discussion before, but it sounds like you have, so go for it.

I don't know what makes you think I'm being intentionally obtuse.

I hope Patty Jenkins is going to be given more decision power in the DCEU from now on. She should take Snyder's role in the franchise, to consult with the other directors and craft the vision of the DCEU going forward so to speak.

Right he actually does her justice later on in the run such as when she fights Amazo.

>Jenkins is apparently competent and can makes things not shitty
>Johns helps supervise the faithfulness to comics

Sounds like a win-win, especially since critics would love the move to put a woman in charge.

Meanwhile Marvel had to hire a co-director for their female director because they have such little faith in Carol.

>math teacher outside of his armor
I'm glad they started giving armor to math teachers. It's a tough job.

So, it's legit good or what?

Luckily Snyder stepped up and stopped him from ruining the movie. As usual.

One of the rotten reviews says that Wonder Woman sucks because she didn't hate men enough.
villagevoice.com/2017/05/30/despite-some-appealing-misandry-wonder-woman-cant-avoid-a-mansplaining/
>But when the separatist compound must accommodate an interloper — Steve Trevor, fished out of the sea by Diana after his plane goes down — any hopes that Wonder Woman will sustain its appealing misandry are soon dashed.
>appealing misandry

Top critic. Right.

Those two always work in pair, shitposter

She complains about how Diana has to be "mansplained" everything from Steve, lol

>feminists actually hate wonder woman
Sup Forums will never recover

Eh, it's relative, there are definitely people praising the feminist aspects

The general consensus is that the movie is good.

They're just latching on to something. The movie doesn't try to push an agenda or anything and try to alienate men for being men like Ghostbusters did. It's just a well made movie that tells the story of Wonder Woman. I think people are more praising it for the fact that it exists, where a female superhero is given the spotlight for once. Chris Pine is great, but the movie is definitely not about him.

Oh, i know, just saying

Honestly, Ares being a cloud would have been better than the shit we got. Professor Lupin does not make for an intimidating villain, plus his fight is literally every Magneto fight seen in X-men films before.

Great movie otherwise though

Ok so the movie was fun. I liked it better than GotG2 (although that one was great), not as much as Logan. Pretty good year for capemovies so far

Ausfag, Kiwifag? I saw it earlier and I enjoyed it. Add Lego Batman to your list and It's been a great year for capes so far. I hope homecoming doesn't fuck it up

It's pretty good. Not 97/100 good, but pretty good. The final showdown feels a bit rushed, but the rest of the movie was good. Solid 7/10 if 5 is an average movie.