Why did the 90s objectively have the greatest toys ever?

Why did the 90s objectively have the greatest toys ever?

Other urls found in this thread:

youtu.be/1kthtkKM0oQ
twitter.com/SFWRedditVideos

Kids have ipads now. Any artistry and care people who made non-specialty toys had is gone.

i had both of these as a kid. had heaps of alien/predator toys and a few street sharks. those nostalgia feels. my family was poor so every toy meant a lot.

youtu.be/1kthtkKM0oQ

Because you're a le 90's reddit kid which means you were a child in the 90's and had fun with toys.
You're basically a fucking moron.

Because they made lots of really cool looking toys for movies you technically weren't old enough to see.

BEEEEEEEEAST WAAAAAARRRRRS

>"KIDS HAVING FUN WITH TOYS, REDDIT FAGGOTS, EM I RIGHT GUY HEH.......guys?"
Projecting this hard. Found the guy who everyone thought was a faggot in highschool and turned out to be a faggot grown up as well. Feelsbadman.jpeg

>be 7
>watch robocop on hbo
>shit traumatizes you and keeps you up that night
>goto toys r us the next day
>see pic related
>moooooooom

nah. 80s had better.
classic Transformers, and
classic G.I.Joes (with moving joints where it matters) i still got the left one somewhere

No, you're reddit for fellating yourself over le 90's, you fucking spastic.

Even the cartoon was amazing for it's time.

Modern 3rd party toys are objectively better.

I got this for eating potato chips. They released an altered one for general sale years later

>RoboCop
>"Ages 4 and up"

Based generation.

>polly pocket for boys

I saved mine perfect until I didn't. This is my single greatest regret in life

Keep projecting faggot. We can see your autism in your writing style and its not the good kind but the everyone hates this faggot type of autism. Did you not take your required dose of Ritalin today or something?

80s were way better. 92 is still sorta 80s, every action figure after was pure garbage.

very late 70s- 80s - early 90s

>star wars
>he-man
>transformers
>g.i. joe
>real ghostbusters
>mask
>tmnt
>thundercats

for the girls

>gabbage patch dolls
>my little pony
>carebears

Post 92, what the everloving fuck matched those in popularity in pop culture?

ITT: reddit calls each other reddit

>get it wrong
>double down
>write "we" like anyone even cares about the fact you were born in le 90's
moron

fuck yeah bitch

there was a comic book shop near me when i was a kid that sold all those macfarlane toys and marvel figures and i'd be like 6-9 getting my parents to buy me toys that were definitely not meant to be played with as toys but for nerds to collect and the comic guy would hate selling me them. my dog ended up chewing half of them

Not the guy you're sperging out to, but *we* weren't all born in the 90s. I was born in the 80s, so I got to experience both 80s and 90s.

I feel sorry for you post-9/11 babies having such shitty, empty childhoods. What do you look back on with nostalgia?

BWHUAHAHAHA I can tell that ritalin comment cut deep. Or are you on adderall, both of which are faggot detectors irl. Dont be too mean to your faggot, she loves you even though she thinks youre a piece of shit.

Yeah, this is why you don't see any lovingly made remakes of 90 pop culture or shows set in the 90s. Because it fucking sucked.

The 80s ruled because everyone was trying to get that Star Wars action figure money. SO there's literally like 30 different action figure brands that were based off of some sci-fi or fantasy idea (like star wars). By the 90s action figures and toys were pretty much dead and video games has taken over.

>Skeleton Warriors
>Gargoyles
>Captain Simian and the Space Monkeys

I want to go back to that time.

>BWHUAHAHAHA
freshie

must've been a fun version of toystory happening at your house
>what's the matter ash?
>i dunno blair monster, kids dog chewed me up, then he pissed on me and buried me in the yard, anyone seen brundlefly and michael myers?

#metoo

The emptiest and lamest pop culture or culture in general of the past 100 years were 90s-today, and maybe the early 70s as well, truly disgusting clothes and popular color choices back then.

I watched a kid who was like this born 2000 so just before 9/11, his parents never bought him toys, the most insufferable faggot in existence. You couldn't have a conversation with him because you were wrong about something and he would have to correct you. He also wore a fedora and used a briefcase instead of a backpack in highschool. I tried my best to teach him common social behavior but I'm afraid hes going to eat shit at community college this year.

This thread is ironic, right?

i remember one of the street sharks had this knob on the back that made its tongue dance seductively. that shit was weird as fuck.
REALISTIC TONGUE ACTION!!!

>BWHUAHAHAHA

>Because it fucking sucked

No, it's because movie-making today has gotten objectively terrible in general, which is why you don't even see good remakes of 80s movies or TV shows anymore. Even Stranger Things and It were overrated.

>RoboCop remake
>Total Recall remake
>Terminator frachise
>Predator remakes/reboots

>gotten objectively terrible in general
How old are you?

>Alien
>Preditor
>Robocop
>Terminator
And that was just Kenner.

Moby Lick? I had that one.

At least we have a culture, kid. I genuinely do pity you. No-one's ever going to make nostalgia threads for your boring generation, and no-one's ever going to have a post-2000's fancy dress party. Why? Because there's literally nothing iconic or memorable about it.

Anyway, I came here to indulge in fun nostalgia, not to argue with you and your dull, life-draining banality.

>macfarlane toys

i used to get my spawn figurines from toy-r-us.

and they even were designed and manufactured in oldstyle, harder way than the ones today, with CAD softwares and 3D printer prototypes

What brought up the fact they aren't good. NOTHING from 90s pop culture is even worth revisiting or remaking in the first place. You could say that Independence Day had some pop culture cache but even that was just a ripoff the the 80s tv mini-series V.

There is literally no mainstream blockbuster pop culture toy, film, tv show from the 90s that has any relevance today. Or that would have any kind of success if rebooted today.

90s blockbusters were retarded no plot/no characterization disaster or invasion films, or sequels to things that had already existed in pop culture beforehand.

I think you responded to the wrong guy or you are a moron. i'm older than you.

and the car toys were made of hard plastic or had diecast metal in them so they had some weight. amazing times.

>ITT: my childhood was better than urs

me too and kb toys but the comic book shop had cooler ones i couldn't find anywhere else

Meijer master-race, it's like Wal Mart for upper middle class

>There is literally no mainstream blockbuster pop culture toy, film, tv show from the 90s that has any relevance today.

what about pokemon

yep.

maybe it was an intentional thing in the 90s, to build the nerd/geek culture we have now: average toys for kids got shittier quality toys, and with the above mentioned macfarlane toys quality they started to build them to collectors/geeks with better details and quality

How come 70's kids and 80's kids and 00's kids aren't a thing?

Why is it always le 90's kids who act like spergs online?

>Talks about culture
>Responds by talking about culture

Try to follow along, kiddo.

>We were in this bar in Saigon and this kid comes up, this kid carrying a shoe-shine box. And he says "Shine, please, shine!" I said no. He kept askin', yeah, and Joey said "Yeah." And I went to get a couple of beers, and the box was wired, and he opened up the box, fucking blew his body all over the place. And he's laying there, he's fucking screaming. There's pieces of him all over me, just...

Imagine being this much of retarded subhuman (who should kill themselves)

lel where are they now?

most faggy shit ever. if i rarely watched it it was because x-men tas or spiderman tas started after that

JDF had them all. ALL!!! He turned Yost gay by expanding his cheerio three sizes. He got Thuy Trang so hard she was driving side to side and went over the edge. ALL!!!!

I had the first one

>goes off in the middle of the night

I loved it when my Mom would just randomly buy me toys like this out of nowhere. I hadn't even heard of Spawn before, so it's not like I begged her for it. She just casually came into my room and said "Here you go."

Based 90s Mom.

Forgot pic.

>ALL!!!!

nice.

>Based 90s Mom.
parents have been buying their children toys for centuries and this is not unique to just the 1990's

>goes off in the middle of the night

only when theyre possessed by satan.

I have a question regarding Peanut Butter Rabbit? Why does the man in Peanut Butter Rabbit become hurled across the screen so violently. I have seen Seth Rogen propelled towards the ceiling in a similar fashion. It looks unnatural and is quite jarring. Why should humans move as cartoons? Even in Star Wars: Episode VIII - The Last Jedi, a man is hurled unnaturally against the wall

my immersion has been ruined

please answer

i used to get toys by accumulating good boy points. i loved spawn comics and toys as a kid and as a teenager the spawn movie soundtrack was one of my favourite albums. i would like to see a new spawn movie. wonder if anyone could pull it off and not make it complete trash.

and it was awesome
no need to be fowl about it

>Even in Star Wars: Episode VIII - The Last Jedi, a man is hurled unnaturally against the wall

thats just Space Magic.

Why is it that everything in the past is always better then the present

What toyline do you want them to cover?

there was a very clever little western power-loader mech suit toy I enjoyed. It was well designed and I cannot remember. I must search

Kenner's Aliens vs Predator

yeah it was my 4 year old nephews birthday today and i was shopping for a present for him and all the toys looked shitty. i ended up giving him 20$ so his mother could take him out on an outing. he got heaps of shitty toys on christmas anyway.

I still have the last one
REAGANOMICS!

>fowl

found it, it was Exo Squad, very detailed and well made

Exo Squad?

the GOATS

no raep, jdf! no means no!

way to take the bait, le 90's kid

My friend had that one

The character reminds me of the Kinder mascot back then.

thank you regardless, these were cool, never watched it, but yeah it was that. Had a cool little clear microchip in the back

my body is willing, though

Stuff for my 11 year old cousin's kid looks shitty for me too

I dom't think it is just nostalgia goggles either.

I think the 90s collector market kinda ruined toys so you now have overpriced adult collectibles or almost bootleg quality kids toys.

Plus all this Funko Pop cancer everywhere.

but this is from 2001

shut the fuck up

fite me faget

Funko pop is literally dogshit. Not sure why people like those black soulless eyes.

bow before GOJULAS

Nigger is that Zoids?

>le 90's kid

i was born in the 80s.

>anglo chink ware
Plebs. Lego is where it was at and the old sets were GOAT

Yeah it is. I love zoids.

>my body is willing, though

NO MEANS NO!

#metoo

I like the 90s for the absurdity and the search for its own defining identity. Some really great aesthetics and fun stuff came out during those days.

Muh dick

Watched Zoids on Sky One in Ireland before school every morning, I remember little about it except the rival's/villain's dinosaur zoid had that mouth laser that wrecked shit and that the Deathsaurer had an even stronger one. Also the wolf zoid was cool. Should rewatch it, thanks for making me remember, user.