You are tasked to craft a reboot of a dead Cartoon Network series. You can take as many liberties as you want...

You are tasked to craft a reboot of a dead Cartoon Network series. You can take as many liberties as you want, as long as you keep the name of the series (a la Tangent Comics).

What is your pitch?

Other urls found in this thread:

youtube.com/watch?v=mNR4kR1uC-w
twitter.com/NSFWRedditImage

Dexters lab
A comedy horror show about the great grandson of mengola who, besides keeping his daily routine of experimenting on hapless civilians in a JTHM style basement dungeon, must protect the world from the cosmic horrors unleashed by his great grandfather after a nazi funded summoning of yog sottoth. One thing i want this show to acheive is to be at any moment both hilarious yet suddenly switch to genuingly frightening. Use of lighting, unnerving sound effects, and psychological and body horror themes would be a must. The show would be very thematic, especially one that also uses a good deal of comedy. Dexter would be about sixteen, be described at most as havinng an almost sexual love of science and his creations, and his premts already know about his lab because his father was in the same business before his soul was digested by a spawn of dagon. Dee dee will be his horney sister where she is constantly tryingn to seduce her brother, but to no avail.

A blind white supremacist is sent to prison for multiple hate crimes. Unrepentant yet okay with prison life, he finds companionship in a fellow prisoner. The first episode features them eating lunch together, talking about their lives and desire futures, they even play sports together. But just as they win against the opposing team, this man regains his vision, and the title of the show is what he utters when he looks at his friend for the first time.

>My Gym Partner's a Monkey

Dexters Lab Oreimo

????
Too much harem animes my dude

Robot Jones. I'd go with the creator's orignal idea and make it a "what went wrong" flashback story told during an apocalyptic future where Robot Jones has taken over the world. It's told from the perspective of people who went to school and/or knew Robot Jones. It would have more of a plotline and story leading up to Robot Jone's rebellion/takeover of the world, rather than several unrelated stories. It would cumulate various people's wrongdoings to Jones, like maybe him getting cucked at senior prom or something.

I wouldn't want to hamfist a message, but the "moral" would kind of end up being: "Watch out who you pick on."

And I'd also try to keep the 80s feel by replicating the old animation style (it would still be set in the 80s). But it may be a little bit more "mature", like how Regular Show handled 80s references/aesthetics.

>I'd go with the creator's orignal idea and make it a "what went wrong" flashback story
Wait, is that really the creators original vison?

No, the joke is that these outright moral disregarding people do alot of fucked up shit, for dexter its experimenting on people, for dee dee its a love of incest and incest fanfiction. Theyre descendants of nazis for fuckssake

Yeah. He said so in an interview. Just copy-paste this without the () after facebook and "dot com" with a slash: OperationRobotJones (/) posts(/) 555286887825999

>I had been toying with an idea about a robot baby who grows up to take over mankind (terminator style). I thought it should be done like 'the wonder years' as a kind of look back at what led up to the robot eventually wanting to destroy mankind.
so I took a week, did a couple scribbles and pitched them "whatever happened to robot baby?" (the original title). my selling points were: "a lead character with a speak&spell voice and a punk music soundtrack"

Also, Robot Jones was supposed to have a speech synthesized (Stephen Hawking) voice, but cartoon network re-dubbed it with a normal kid's voice. You can still find uploads with the original voice on youtube, but they're rare.

GOAT

Ed Edd, n' Eddy: Scamming across America

Riding in the junkyard van (modified by Double-D) the Eds take one heck of a road trip, meeting new people (and with a few cameos by old "friends") and scamming them

Mandys a depressed goth stripper down on her luck. In her angst, she summons a dumb but powerful demonic imp named billy, who introduces her to the grim reaper. Thanks to an illful limbo competition, she wins his undead soul. Now after she hunted down her boss and the other strippers who called her creepy, she plots to take over the world, but the soros funded evil con carne among others has a few things to say about that

Billy and Mandy, write myself in as Mandy's love interest.

Kek

Bring back Megas XLR and SWAT Kats.

Original cast and crew.

Replace all the TTG slots for them.

That's it.

Rewrite the series finale for Samurai Jack where it DOESN'T copy Gurren Lagann.

Making Jashi canon just to piss off Sup Forums

>Bring back Megas XLR and SWAT Kats
Government property fampai

Pretty sure the government doesn't own Swat Kats, and at any rate, it's not impossible for the rights to be regained. There'd be a fair pile of paperwork involved for one thing, but it's not beyond possibility. It's not terribly likely either, but technically possible.

I kinda see SWAT Kats being used by the Air Force for recruiting kids and getting them to enlist after high school

And to counter North Korea's furry propaganda

>And to counter North Korea's furry propaganda
W-what?

Look it up

>Also, Robot Jones was supposed to have a speech synthesized (Stephen Hawking) voice, but cartoon network re-dubbed it with a normal kid's voice. You can still find uploads with the original voice on youtube, but they're rare.
that's because the synthesizer they used they didn't have the license to do so

yeah only reason CN hasn't done so already for Megas is apparently someone else snapped up the rights and no one has been able to find out just who acquired them

I had read it was because CN decided the voice was "not kid friendly", so they chose a child voice actor to make Robot Jones more relatable.

Well that might be one way for Tremblay to fuel the series revival he's pulling for.

youtube.com/watch?v=mNR4kR1uC-w

>I had been toying with an idea about a robot baby who grows up to take over mankind (terminator style). I thought it should be done like 'the wonder years' as a kind of look back at what led up to the robot eventually wanting to destroy mankind.
That sounds so much better than what we got