As a marvelfag I heavily rejoice Wonder Woman apparently being capekino...

As a marvelfag I heavily rejoice Wonder Woman apparently being capekino. The last couple MCU entries have been getting stale and that was because there was no competition. The champ loses his touch without a proper challenge. If the DCEU gets it shut together then the MCU will try harder.

Competition always benefits the consumer.

Not if the only reason they're getting their reviews is by copying the marvel formula

You mean the Hero's Journey formula?

And all they had to do was rip off Captain America

This DC is ducking pathetic

Why won't they let her have shoulder straps in the comics?

I realize it's a cartoon so she doesn't really need them, but it goes a long way to making it look like an actual outfit, and not a weird cup onesie that she jumped into like an overgrown baby

>As a marvelfag
>last couple MCU entries have been getting stale
DCfags are pathetic.

The DCEU gets alot of shit but I really like its aesthetic design. Alot of effort is put into the costumes and actual look of the movie(despite it being drowned out in dark colors). I'm sick of Marvel filming all their movies on a sound stage in Atlanta, CGing everything else, and calling it a day.

It's probably the shock from a DCEU getting good reviews, but it seems like people are expecting another Logan or something, while they will simply get a DC First Avenger or Ant-Man. A prime case of "10/10 it's okay"

Were Doctor Strange and Guardians 2 not retreads of older MCU movies that feel made by committee and focus tested to hell? Yes or No?

There is a difference between being a fan and a fanboy.

Doctor Strange felt like Iron Man if he was a bigger asshole, the visuals where outstanding though

Guardians of the Galaxy 2 didn't feel like a retread, I can't think of anything in the MCU which feels like it

Don't forget Iron Flop.

>"Yeah Doctor Strange is basically Iron Man BUT LOOK AT THE VISUALS!"

You sound like a Snydercuck

Guardians 2 is literally Guardians dialed up to 11 and flanderized . You're a damn fanboy.

I mean, I enjoy the films, they're a good time and kill a couple hours. better than I can say for any DCEU film up to now

it's not even going to be that good

it's a combination of it being the first DC movie that's sort of watchable and the Ghostbusters effect

Do you really think WW is gonna be all that different than your average, well-made origin story? But I guess blue filters and slo-mo is something special.

Visuals are important in a visual medium.

Visuals are not a substitute for substance Snyderfag.
Have you seen the movie?

>Calling people snyderfags
>religiously defending WW

Are you autistic?

So why is your opinion so special it deserves its own thread instead of just being in one of the dozen other Wonder Woman threads?

I'm a capefag. I like Marvel and DC. I don't have a favorite.

I wanted BVS and Suicide Squad to succeed. I wanted an arms race of better and better movies.

But DC has been a joke for too long. A good movie is overdue. I will shit a brick if Wonder Woman loses to a Thor sequel.

Go back.

I also considered a successful we movie cause for celebration. Maybe marvel will now consider making a few more movies not staring a handsom man named Chris

Admittedly, CW only happened because BvS was happening and they knew they had to step it up so this has some mettle of truth to it.

What if the Thor sequel's actually good though? What if it's exactly like OP says and Marvel knew they had to get their shit together? I mean, everybody else already thinks so given the reaction to the trailer alone

Whether or not it's good is irrelevant. It's the principal of it. Even us Marvelfags don't like Thor.

Acting wise
Pine >>>>> Evans >>>> Hemsworth >>>>>> Pratt

Capt America Invented WWI apparently. MCU fags remind me of dumbfuck Sony fanboys who think God of War invented ancient Greece and that the Tin Tin movie was inspired by Uncharted

>shut
Dumb phoneposter.

>retreads
i still enjoyed them greatly, its not the story, but how you tell them

and i thought it did pretty good job at that

Captain America was WW2 dipshit, doesn't change the fact that this is basically the exact same film with a female lead

I don't like Thor's movies, just the direction they took his films. I like Thor as a character and how he's been handled. Also the problem with the movies before was too much earth shit and too much Portman, both of which have been rectified

You need to learn what the word "fact" means before using it in a sentence.. Also being set in a similar time period does not make it the same film, or are we going to claim that Capt America and Saving Private Ryan are the same movie because WWII, dumbfuck

Well MUC fags eat it up so why put in any effort. At least the GOTG movies look great and even the Thor movie looks a lot better than the first two so it gives me hope.

>the Ghostbusters effect
Ghostbusters flopped, kiddo. There was no effect.

Dumb fucking fanboy kids, i swear

Yeah, fuck visuals, who cares about anything but plot in an audiovisual medium. You're not allowed to think there's anything positive in a movie that has issues.
Faggot.

I saw a clip of it with WW training with some other Amazons. And one were there was a chase/fight with Nazis through what I assume was a little French town. It honestly looked like gobshite to me, and I like a lot of crap.

Is the film actually good?

Considering CW was in no way one of Marvel's best I'm not seeing how that follows

Tone is the same, trying to be light hearted, incredibly shit villain, with the main character being taken out of their environment by a wish to do good or some shite like that

He means in terms of critics, obviously.

Did they set it in WW1 because it was already such a shameful Captain America ripoff that using the same war would have made even the dumbest normie realize it?

They made the movie seeing WB had the balls to put their characters against each other and then they come out and turns it WB/Snyder pussied out for the sake of dumb CG monster while the Russos went through with it

It's perfectly fitting

>ghostbusters effect
what does that mean exactly

Yeah I get that but OP's argument isn't just that it would influence MCU movies, but that it would force them to make better movies.

People giving a movie praise solely on the grounds of it having female leads in a context of male lead movies.
Ghostbusters was females replacing a male cast, WW is the first female lead cape movie since the mainstream cares about them.

You sure they're not just being forced by 'polite society' to not actually be harsh like they're suppose to be because she's a woman? Being accused of being a misogynist is now worse than being accused of being a fucking serial killer.

>that was because there was no competition. The champ loses his touch without a proper challenge.

This attitude is what fucked up enjoyable comic books to begin with.

Well, it could encourage them to. Successes always influence other stuff. Guardians made SS happen. Deadpool encouraged Fox to stop restraining Wolverine and give Logan an R rating

>drowned in dark colors

heck, even in your shot, half of it is light blue. I'm tired of people seeing any kind of contrast or darkness at all and being like GAAAH ITS SO DARK AND WASHED OUT!!

>Being accused of being a misogynist is now worse than being accused of being a fucking serial killer

That's a special kind of stupid thing to say user

Hell, the MCU made the DCEU finally happen after a decade of trashed attempts. Rough start tho

What's the point of the whole dream sequence outside of advertsing Darkside?

Doesn't make it any less true. Threats of being called misogynist and in the age of social media it doesn't take long for it to snowball out of control and damage your career

There's no "competing" in films unless movies open against one another, what other studios do are irrelevant to Marvel when they're clearly the front-runners in the whole cinematic universe shit and that isn't gonna change. They also probably have shit planned for a decade already.

There are literally critics reviewing this rotten because it's not male bashing enough tho.

Yes plot is important you fucktard. Visuals mean nothing if the story and characters are trash.

Nice blogpost.

Well, the story and a couple of characters where good

>First female capeshit

Just stop this meme.

>Did they set it in WW1 because it was already such a shameful Captain America ripoff that using the same war would have made even the dumbest normie realize it?

Probably. Also it was now 100 years ago which is a nice round number.

That doesn't disprove anything, just because the movie supposedly doesn't go for the cheap shots at garnering goodfeels doesn't mean that the critics aren't holding back out of fear of backlash from people if they're harsh on this movie, and rubberstamp a positive review, because if they don't then they'll bitch and bitch and bitch and drag the poor bastard's career until his weak kneed bosses cut him for rocking the boat by daring to do his fucking job.

When did your parents realize you were retarded?

I'm talking about mainstream perception, not facts.

That's just not true.

If a film is shot incomprehensibly no amount of good writing is gonna be able to overcome that. Cinematography is a science that you clearly know nothing about.

Men being forced to pull punches, physical or verbal, has been a sad fact in modern society for a long time and it resulted in the entire sex being completely unable to deal with criticism, failure, or even basic pressure, they're children, effectively.

it showed what would happen if Batman succeeded at killing Superman. D-side would revive him as an obedient servant, and everything would go to absolute shit. That's the sequence of events Flash was trying to prevent.

The problem is its so obtusely presented you need someone else to explain it to you or you need to have sufficient knowledge of DC, AND notice the omega symbol, AND know what that means, AND know the full extent of what Darkseid is capable of.

Hell I'd been shown in a screencap where the omega symbol was and by the time it reached that point of the movie I almost missed it anyway because that shot is only a few seconds long.

If you don't already heavily associate Flash with time travel you might not even put two and two together and realize the dream was a future vision caused by Flash's attempted time travel.

Part of the reason there's so much debate over the movie is how much it relies on subtext and meta-context. The people who know more than enough about DC manage to catch the meaning behind this stuff and praise the movie for not treating them like idiots. Others either don't have that knowledge, or just failed to make the right associations fast enough, or just plain didn't notice the blink & miss it cue and underlying meaning of certain lines and found the whole thing an incoherent mess.

What it comes down to is arguably a lack of empathy on Snyder's part with the audience. He went over the script again and again and again over the course of what, three? four years? He knew the thing back to front, knew what everything meant, knew where you were meant to look in each shot to find the hidden mickey so to speak, and projected his own intimate knowledge of the movie onto an audience seeing it for the first time. the movie is designed under the assumption that people will identify all the cues but most people barely catch half of them, of no fault of their own because they don't know what they're supposed to be looking for or when

Stop being a faggot.

>There's no "competing" in films unless movies open against one another,
I mean, you're right but it doesn't help when people on the movie do things like say "Fuck Marvel" and when interviewers ask, the actors say "Well we're clearly winning"

>The last couple MCU entries have been getting stale
What?
I'll admit I didn't love Doctor Strange, but GotG 2 and Civil War were both awesome.

I'm happy DC finally has a good movie though.

>but GotG 2 and Civil War were both awesome.

You have to be over 18 to post here.

And you have to have a pair of working balls to post here, I don't know jack shit about those films, but I know anyone who unironically likes Wonder Woman is likely not deserving of his own dick.

the word kino needs to die

Wish wonderwoman would do the same.

It's not actually that great, it's around the same level as the mid-tier Marvel films.

Civil war was shit

How?

What?

I'm saying you're a numale if you like Wonderwoman.

So many shook Disney drones

Insecure faggot.

Sex traitor.
What does a woman know about heroism anyway? Nothing, that's what, they're a selfish creature of an already rather self-centered species.

dude, that's the best way to look at it.

yeah great marvel movie you got there DC

good to know marvel mouses can scream sjw conspiracy just as good as the rest of them.

>it's a superhero like marvel movies therefore you copied marvel
fascinating.

Oh here we fucking go, Say something bad about a DC film, get called a mouse. I have had an ax to grind against female superheroes and against wonderwoman in particular for awhile, you can piss off with your little company war, my beef doesn't concern your little fanboyism. You can sure as hell expect me to be here when that "Captain" Marvel garbage shows up.

wew

WWI is seen as being a lot more morally gray and ugly unlike WWII which helps the underlying points of the movie.

HAHAHAHAHAHAHA

DC BTFO

LOL sex traitor? Kill yourself idiot.

Describes you perfectly.

I'm sorry did I offend you? Get over it.

Nah, I kinda agree with you, im just laughing at how actually retarded you sound

Also, the characters and motivation were all over the place. It was painfully bad on the writing front.

Subtext and subtle nods are fine. If it'd been in a better movie the dream sequence would have been a confusing bit for fans to pick apart and people to speculate about and nobody would have minded because it wasn't integral to the plot.

But as it was it was a messy, incoherent sequence in the middle of a messy, incoherent film with unlikable characters, clunky dialogue and a plot that made little to no sense.

Film was bad. It was just bad.

user, being accused of being a serial killer will get you a fun trial. Being accused of being a misogynist means you have a pretty good shot at the White House.

All you faggots are thinking wayyy too much about this movie.

lmao when no one falls for this bait