She really loved him

She really loved him.

Other urls found in this thread:

youtu.be/fLD4X9zrK14
twitter.com/AnonBabble

>computer software can love

Makes you think

>director makes it ABUNDANTLY CLEAR she is a programmed software to attend to the users' needs
>fucking virgins online still wanna believe SHE REALLY LUVD 'IM cause it satisfies their fantasies

Yeah, nevermind the fact that the dialogue in the bridge scene is full of things she said to him during the movie, not just the name "Joe," but also "What a day, huh?" for example, something she says to him after he gets home in the beginning of the movie.

She's a programmed software ofcourse, but that doesn’t mean their interaction and relationship is any less worth than any other relationship.

Villenueve talked about the whole theme of the movie being not "are robots capable of human feelings" and more "does it matter" and that was the part of her arc, too.
Sure, she's programmed to call him Joe and say she loves him, but she also puts herself in harms way for him, shows distress when she realizes she's going to die, hires a hooker for him then tells her to fuck off when nobody else is around, makes her mobile and vulnerable so K has to take care of her "like a real girl"... none of that would have been explicitly programmed any more than we're genetically/sociologically programmed to react to queues, so does it matter at that point that she loved him in the first place because it was programmed?

Both of them were programmed/created—him to serve something, her to love—but at some point you're meant to accept their actions as having value in site of that.

Her slogan literally is "EVERYTHING YOU WANT TO HEAR." God, you are dense. The only reason you try to believe in this, again, is because it suits your head fantasy.

K's arc is about realizing the plastic life he was living in, without a soul and without a miracle, and discovering humanity and the desire to "die for the right cause." Joi was not part of the humanity, she was part of his fake life.

if it's impossible for joi to "really" love k then it's equally impossible for a "real" woman to do so

How did he want her to be singular and extremely vulnerable, he would back her up on 10 different USB's if she didn’t tell him that.
Also if she just does what he wants to hear, why does she tell the hooker to fuck off while K is not even present? Why does she project herself to him in that junkyard sequence when he's completely unconscious?

You're an extreme mental midget if you can't see that Villeneuve intentionally made strong implications for both sides, just like he made strong implications for Deckard being a human and strong implications of Deckard being a replicant. He does this in almost every single film of his, strong implications of both perspectives and the viewer chooses his side, just like you did here.

Why does she hire the hooker without K knowing and without K expressing a want for it? Why does she keep telling K she loves him despite him clearly saying she doesn't have to? Why does she tell K he is special when he doesn't want to hear it, since it would mean he would be killed?

Jesus Christ, fucking stop.

The hooker comes onto K on the street and out of all her friends she connects with him the most. Then, Joi picks exactly HER out of all the options possible to fuck him, knowing he wants it. There's a reason to that. Just like there's a reason for her to be extremely supportive, and only that, throughout the entire movie, never going against his word, never saying "no, maybe don't fuck up your job," and just like there's a reason for K to be on an apparent bridge to nowhere when he faces the truth, looking tiny (physically) and deflated (emotionally) at the same time, and just like there's a reason, IMMEDIATELY AFTER THAT, for him to decide to save Deckard instead of killing him as ordered.

Fucking
Stop
Trying to discuss movies with your head cannon whilst ignoring all the work the director put into it. This kills movie discussion.

>Why does she hire the hooker without K knowing and without K expressing a want for it? Why does she keep telling K she loves him despite him clearly saying she doesn't have to? Why does she tell K he is special when he doesn't want to hear it, since it would mean he would be killed?

She does what you want, says what you want to hear. Even though K said that didn't want to be told that he was special, he truly wanted to be special. Same goes for the hooker and saying that she loves him. The programming is able to discern what he actually wanted from what he actually says. Just like real people actually; Have you never heard someone say something that you know they don't mean?

>The hooker comes onto K on the street and out of all her friends she connects with him the most. Then, Joi picks exactly HER out of all the options possible to fuck him, knowing he wants it.
I never said anything against that, I said why did she tell her to fuck off in the morning without K even being present?

>never going against his word
Why does she keep telling K she loves him despite him clearly saying she doesn't have to? Why does she tell K he is special when he doesn't want to hear it, since it would mean he would be killed?

>This kills movie discussion.
Seems like you're the one trying to desperately kill the discussion

>I said why did she tell her to fuck off in the morning without K even being present?

SHE IS PROGRAMMED TO BE EXTREMELY LOYAL TO HIM YOU DUMB FUCKING FUCK HOLY SHIT

>Why does she keep telling K she loves him despite him clearly saying she doesn't have to? Why does she tell K he is special when he doesn't want to hear it, since it would mean he would be killed?

K does want to be special you special fucking retard, that's the exact parallel between him and Jared Leto's antagonist woman; he wants to be special as in human and she wants to be the best at servicing him, both desires bringing out real emotion in them.

You don't even understand the basic themes of the movie yet you want to argue about it. Again: Fucking stop, watch it over, don't embarass yourself.

>Why does she tell K he is special when he doesn't want to hear it, since it would mean he would be killed?

You know, this pisses me off the most because it's literally THE BASIS OF THE ENTIRE PLOT.

There's a whole scene dedicated to K looking heartbroken and ashamed after finding out he is not Deckard's son and the woman telling him "we all want to feel special."

This is just how dumb you're being. Like a fucking animal who can only interpret things literally as they are said and never grasp meaning.

>SHE IS PROGRAMMED TO BE EXTREMELY LOYAL TO HIM YOU DUMB FUCKING FUCK HOLY SHIT
Why did she get a hooker in the first place then? Or why didn’t she tell her to fuck off right as they finished having sex, why let her sleep over? And if she's programmed to "be loyal", why did she do it when K was not around?

Also you still didn’t answer why does she project herself to him all worried in that junkyard sequence when he's completely unconscious then? And why would K not backup her on 10 different USB's if she's just doing everything he wants to hear?

>She really loved him.

You are actually too stupid to keep responding to. I'd feel like shit if I wasted any more time on you. I wasn't even the only one who tried to talk to your dumb ass in this thread.

Go fuck yourself, for real. Stop being ignorant on purpose and get a fucking gf you virgin fuck.

is programmed loyalty any less valid than natural loyalty? Is programmed love any less valid than natural love? Is programmed depression any less valid than natural depression?

The entire idea behind the movies is programmed responses are felt just as strongly as "natural" responses and only differ in origin.

>Have you never heard someone say something that you know they don't mean?

He has of course but the autism made him take everything literally.

Nice non argument defense system user, sure showed me.
It's sad that you think a director like Villeneuve would make such a one dimensional character, you look at plot points in such a surface-level way of thinking. When he's at that bridge with the giant Joi he isn't "just" realising he had a programmed software for a wife, he probably saw that same exact ad a thousand times now, he's awareness of it is clear when he says "you don't have to say that" to her. In that moment he realises that he can't get just another Joi what he went through with his own Joi was special, the interactions they had were what is worth, not just her state of being. Not to mention that the giant Joi ad scene is a mirror of Deckard meeting fake Rachel scene, especially because of giant Joi's black eyes.

no she was program

Is your mom just genetically programmed to love you?

Black eyes represent a lack of soul in literature you pseudo-intellectual retard, which is why demons are often represented having completely black eyes. This proves once again the point of everyone going AGAINST you, not yours.

>it's equally impossible for a "real" woman to do so
Are you implying otherwise?

Not only that, but Jared Leto's character getting Rachel's eye wrong is a representation of how little he understand humanity and the little details that go along with it; he only has eyes for the bigger picture. This is why he cannot breed replicants as well, which is another key point of the story.

You are an intellectual child.

this

she was literally a tomigatchi, 1's and 0's.
anyway can we talk about how much this movie is infinitely better than Her?

>Black eyes represent a lack of soul in literature you pseudo-intellectual retard, which is why demons are often represented having completely black eyes.
This exactly proves my point, do you lack reading comprehension skills?

I said that the giant Joi is not the Joi he had, because the Joi he had was special to him because of all the interactions they went through. So he rejects the giant Joi (getting a new one) because it would not be the same as the Joi he had.

>but Jared Leto's character getting Rachel's eye wrong is a representation of how little he understand humanity and the little details that go along with it
Cute story, but that's not the main intent.
When Deckard gives the Voight-Kampff test to Rachael in the original, her eye shows up as green on the monitor (even though her eyes are brown in the rest of the film and in real life). A minor continuity error that largely went unnoticed, pic related.

And with that scene BR2049 literally makes even the original film better by turning a continuity error in the first one into a plot point in the sequel to make a commentary about the inconsistency of our memories and the failed basis of our human condition.

>LOL BRO, THE MOVIE EXPLICITLY SHOWING IN THE MOST OBVIOUS WAY POSSIBLE JOI HAS NO SOUL PROVES *MY* POINT

You can only be a troll by now. Kill yourself.

dude it's just smart ai that can remember details in it's software, it doesn't actually care about him, that's why none of it's real. ONES AND ZEROS. it would never go rogue or do anything outside of the parameters of it's programming.

>anyway can we talk about how much this movie is infinitely better than Her?
There's nothing to talk about there, you can only laugh how BR2049 had a more genuinely emotionally investing romance with just a side story, while that's the entire plot of Her and falls completely flat.

It's a different plot but yeah.

>I said that the giant Joi is not the Joi he had, because the Joi he had was special to him because of all the interactions they went through. So he rejects the giant Joi (getting a new one) because it would not be the same as the Joi he had.

This, but also the scene is showing how dejected K is when he sees what was once his girlfriend being marketed as essentially a sex toy. And he realizes how fake his life was and is.

>"real" love and "fake" love are different
No they aren't. If the person does and says same things in each case it doesn't make a difference.

>>LOL BRO, THE MOVIE EXPLICITLY SHOWING IN THE MOST OBVIOUS WAY POSSIBLE THAT GIANT AD JOI HAS NO SOUL PROVES *MY* POINT*
Fixed that for you

You seriously lack reading comprehension

I'm going to go out on a limb and say you browse /r9k/ and have used the term roastie over a dozen times

You are dumb as fuck. I'm not even kidding. This

>I said that the giant Joi is not the Joi he had, because the Joi he had was special to him because of all the interactions they went through. So he rejects the giant Joi (getting a new one) because it would not be the same as the Joi he had.

Makes literally NO SENSE in the progression of the movie. Before that scene, he was going after Deckard to kill him. After that scene, he decides to save Deckard. This is because of a realization K has about HIMSELF, not "wow man my joi was really cool eh what a gal". That has zero sense, zero impact, zero purpose in the story at that point.

I'll give you credit though, clearly Joi was smarter than you at least.

>Before that scene, he was going after Deckard to kill him. After that scene, he decides to save Deckard
Yes, because he realises those interactions he had with Joi were truly special and worth fighting for, so he decides to make the last moral self-sacrifice to reunite a father with his daughter so he can give that same feeling to both of them.
Not really complicated user, ease up on your mental gymnastics dodging

>were truly special

Except the movie's heart is centered about K NOT being special and that would go directly against it. Also he sure does look like he's reminiscing happy times in that scene, doesn't he? Fucking moron.

You are the type of person to ruin movies. Imagine the amount of work Villeneuve put into this film just so it can be completely distorted by lonely retards like you who enjoy jerking off to the actress in it. Take a hint from all the people who have already tried to explain shit to you and called you stupid in this thread. You're not swimming against the tide because you're smarter. The tide doesn't go the wrong way.

>Except the movie's heart is centered about K NOT being special and that would go directly against it
How does having interactions that are dear to him go directly against him being not special? Also he becomes "special" at the end because of his actions.
>Also he sure does look like he's reminiscing happy times in that scene, doesn't he?
No, because he knows he will never be able to replace her, that is the moment where he loses absolutely everything.
>You are the type of person to ruin movies
Seems to me that you're the type of person that thinks that every frame has a singular universal answer in every film, this is not a Zack Snyder film buddy.
>Imagine the amount of work Villeneuve put into this film
Yes, and you completely undermining it by thinking there is just one singular answer while he literally confirmed all of what I'm saying by saying that the film is not about what it means to be a replicant/program/human, but the question of "Does it even matter what you are, if what you experience is the same"?
>Take a hint from all the people who have already tried to explain shit to you
It's mostly just you.

Here's the thing buddy: If his Joi is special and irreplaceable, how come all the lines in the bridge scene are purposely made of things she said to him throughout the movie?

Answer this one without running away. Please. I beg you.

Because as I've said Villeneuve is intentionally heavily implying both sides just like he's heavily implying that Deckard is a human aswell as heavily implying that he is a replicant, there is no singular answer even for that.
It's sad that you clinged on so hard to the idea that a film has to have a singular universal answer you have to fish out, movies are not puzzles which you have to put together in a certain kind of way to "get" them, they are not that shallow, atleast the good ones ofcourse.

>that total cop out

Ouch. So you're done now, right?

my question is, how the hell he never stumbled upon her ad earlier?

He did, thousands of times, there's even a scene of him flying with a Joi ad being in the reflection.

I'd say he did (if I'm not mistaken, he even passes by it in the beginning parts of the movie), but the entire growth of K as a character is what allows him to get to that moment of realization at the end. He had no humanity in him, no love for life - after all, he was created to retire other replicants and end their existences. Throughout the movie he adquires all that, he feels emotion, which is what makes that moment significative.

I'm happy to discuss anything you want to discuss my man.

Agreed.

>He had no humanity in him, no love for life
Then why did he want to be special so bad? Why did he wish he had a childhood and parents so bad that he fully convinced himself in it?

I'd like you to stop trying to save face now and fuck off with your dogshit argument.

Last hint: If your opinion requires you to go "B-BUT HEY, IT'S SUBJECTIVE NO ONE KNOWS" at any point, your opinion is crap and you have no business arguing with anyone anyway, after all you're not getting anywhere.

He doesn't start the movie off wanting to, after getting clues that he's Deckard's son and an apparent confirmation he starts to feel real, profound emotion (hence his outburst of anger in the memory chamber). That's the kickstart to his growth as a character.

In the end it's that appreciation and perspective he develops that makes him human enough to want to die for the right cause, for life.

>Last hint: If your opinion requires you to go "B-BUT HEY, IT'S SUBJECTIVE NO ONE KNOWS" at any point, your opinion is crap
Tell me is Deckard a replicant or a human in BR2049?

>hurr only 49% of the world's population can feel love
Idiot, you sound like khv.

Anyone got a webm of the great cut to K walking on the bridge? From the end of the previous scene with Deckard being told he does not know pain yet.

>He doesn't start the movie off wanting to
He does, Joi tells him that she always said he was special (meaning he thought that from the start), he also said those memories are his favorite before even knowing if they are real or not.

I have and will always defend he's human, because opinions work like that: You don't HAVE to know the absolute truth, you have to be able to defend it. You cannot answer my question.

Stop replying to me, I don't want to talk about anything with you, you're a fucking dumb retard.

More importantly, why does Sup Forums want the "love" that Joi felt towards K to be real so badly? I genuinely cannot understand why you all care so much.

>He doesn't start the movie off wanting to
He does, Joi tells him that she always said he was special (meaning he thought that from the start) and he told the horse memory a thousand times to Joi before, those memories were his favorite before even knowing if they are real or not.

There was a scene where an angry old russian woman that called K a handsome tin soldier. In the whorehouse scene we see a giant hologram ballerina made in Russia. This is a reference to fairy tale called The Steadfast Tin Soldier. A tale about a toy soldier made of tin who fell in love with a Ballerina figurine. He went through a lot to get near the ballerina but ended both of them getting throwned into a fire place where the tin soldier melted into a heart and the ballerina into a lump of coal. Meaning the Tin Soldier fell in love with a figurine that never loved him.

>paper turning into coal
you are reaching

>I have and will always defend he's human, because opinions work like that: You don't HAVE to know the absolute truth, you have to be able to defend it
How about Villeneuve literally saying that he intentionally made Deckard's state ambiguous? How about Villeneuve arguing with Ridley Scott that Villeneuve thinks that the original is also like that, while arguing with Ridley Scott?
youtu.be/fLD4X9zrK14

You literally have a different opinion to the Villeneuve, the director who made the film.

Because 99% of the people here would benefit from the companionship of an attractive, subservient ai gf
It’s a version of postponing an hero’ing hoping someday there’ll be robot gfs

Why does Sup Forums want the "love" that Joi felt towards K to be NOT real so badly? I genuinely cannot understand why you all care so much.

I didn't wrote the story, and it was a spangle that sat on the ballerina's heart.

>literally didn't read the post

It being ambiguous just means you can believe in either side, you dumb retard, but either way, you have to be able to back up your beliefs. That's how it works in life, everything. It doesn't mean

>DERRRR ITS AMBIGUOUS NOW I CANT HAVE A GOOD THINKSEE AWWWWW NOW I CANT THINK NUTHIN

Don't even think for a second you're trying to fool anyone by running away from the question you cannot answer. You already lost.

I don't think balerina is reference to anything, it's just worldbuilding. Where did you get that idea?

>What is symbolism?

Symbolism. It's a thing in movies. The Old lady represents the Jack-In-The-box that threatens the tin soldier to not get near the ballerina.

no what im saying is that that user is fibbing and not even good at it
the ballerina doesnt turn to coal
she burns (she parished like nothing was ever there in the first place) except for the sequin (or spangle) that caught the soldiers eye in the firstplace
that fag just wants to say she turned to coalb(which doesnt even make sense) just so he can spin it the way he wants to
just to say that joi didnt love him
and whether joi loved k is besides the point
the point is that joi taught k about love
taught him how powerful it is
how precious it is
it doesnt matter how he learn that lesson, whether joi's love was simulated or not
he still learned the lesson you morons

So you made up it yourself? I see...

>It being ambiguous just means you can believe in either side, you dumb retard, but either way, you have to be able to back up your beliefs.
And where didn't I back up my beliefs? The fact that giant Joi also tells him he's "Joe"? She's saying just what he wants to hear, and at that point he wants to be called like Joi called him
Also there's a reason why Joe and Joi are so similar in their name, both are programmed to do their tasks and both transcend their original programming.

Wow you sound like one pathetic man who puts insane amounts of effort in """"winning"""" """"debates"""" by using sarcasm

He learned a harsh lesson, she was never real. She's a spyware anyway. When K broke the antennae, we see Luv angrily getting up from her desk and have been monitoring K the whole time through the emenator.

ur dumb

youre focusing on the wrong points
almost as if youre an idiot who doesnt understand the movie or something

this, what a faggot

>Being this in denial.

Nice bait.

>Director makes ir abundantly clear that what Joi and K felt where real
>Niggers online say otherwise because they can't understand subtext
Star Wars is more your speed, you don't need to think while watching it, what the characters say there is what you're supposed to get.

>start losing an argument
>start samefagging my posts with "this"

>She's a programmed software ofcourse, but that doesn’t mean their interaction and relationship is any less worth than any other relationship.

It does because the relationship is built entirely on a lie. Joi was bullshit from the very beginning and her feelings weren't genuine.

Basically any other major female character had more affection for K, Luv included.

how is that bait?
i just told you that you are an idiot who is focusing on the wrong parts of the movie and dont get the message at all
>hur dur harsh lesson learned bruh love is a lie *tips fedora* better luck next time

> because the relationship is built entirely on a lie
K always knew what she was, retard.

>Pain reminds you the Joi you felt was real.

WHAT DID HE MEAN BY THIS

Is the love from your mother genuine or is she just genetically programmed to love you?

I just whatched soviet movie and it's nothing like you said at all. Balerina jumps after the soldier right into the fire by her own will, and she doesn't turn into the coal, she turns into a sequin like this user said.

He was able to love from the start. Through the memories of Ana. He bought Joi because he wanted to love and be loved.
"Aw, little boy K, fighting for what's his."

keep reaching

It's an adaptation, they made it optimistic for kids. In the original story, the ballerina was blowned by the wind from an opened window.

the advertisement is literally "says what you need to hear". We have no reason to believe that anything she did goes against her programming to make the goose think that she was in love with him. anyone who thinks it was real is dumb

I bet the people who think Joi really loved K are the same ones who have waifus.
She was literally programmed to love him.

Keep denying.

how would that even translate?
how would that memory even teach him anything about love?
he thinks that it isnt even a real memory
how does that even make sense?
>he knew about love from the start, he knew how powerful and scarce it is because of a implanted memory about him hiding a toy and getting his ass kicked for it
if anything that memory serves as a way to make him a better protector, not someone who understand what love is
you are trying way to hard

>when your existential crisis that causes your entire life to implode including your job and the only person who liked you fucking gets killed and it turns out you're not even the hero of your own story and your gf was still just a soulless corporate product and you have no reason to go save the day but do it anyways because you're a good person and also you want to kill that bitch Luv

Both are absolutely right, but the people you're talking against are speaking out of their dicks and not their brains so it's useless.

Why does she specifically say to him to make her singular, mobile and vulnerable "like a real girl" even though he repeatedly says he doesn't want to?

she didn't love him she was programmed to love him. Even K knew that and told her she didn't have to keep saying she loved him.

Do you know what an advertisement is? Do you think what you saw in the ad is exactly what you get when you will buy a product?

Your mom is also genetically programmed to love you, is her love real?

see here