Either I'm too autistic or too stupid, but how is this scene a "fuck you" to the fans?

Either I'm too autistic or too stupid, but how is this scene a "fuck you" to the fans?

youtu.be/T6ukHQ5TscY

Other urls found in this thread:

youtu.be/TUiIdtwP4WM
youtu.be/xCTcUUYCoBk?t=692
twitter.com/NSFWRedditVideo

Beats me. Maybe the fans don't want to be reminded more of how much they want the other show back?
Still tame compared to the redub of the pilot.

It's a gag series, it's supposed to poke fun at everything and everyone. Some people can't take a joke, unless it's a jab at something they don't like.

the show itself is a fuck you to the fans

It isn't.

Sup Forums is just easily triggered by TTG, so when it references the original show in any way, without even watching it, they interpret it as a personal attack on them.

Even though usually when it's brought up, they knowingly joke about the fact that the original show still overshadows them.

Control Freak tells the Titans he "rebooted" them into their Go forms, and the Titans act like it's the WORST CRIME EVER.

They do an episode about them meeting Their Only Fan, and he STILL prefers the original.
youtu.be/TUiIdtwP4WM
"Yeah I don't blame him. I mean, animation-wise there's really no comparison."

This. TTG knows what it is

You're not autistic. Sup Forums is. TTG knows the original was better.

>If they say they suck, that automatically makes it funny!
The writers should get a job at Gearbox or something.

Never took the show seriously, but walked away after right after they started relying on toilet humor.

>But it was nice to hear Starfire and Raven's V.A again.

That was pretty funny, I have to admit.

Oh wow, people are actually saying that. I thought you were having a giggle

That is some pathetic shit

And you lot keep forgetting that this happened?

Post pic of Cy beating his meat

I don't give a fuck
I enjoy the humor of the show

dees

Only thing I didn't get about the joke is that if the people who want to blow you up with rockets already know you're location and where you live, why would they wait until he removes the mask to shoot it at Robin?

>As if pointing it out absolves them of their hacky douche sins

>I enjoy the humor of the show
You will immediately cease and not continue to access the site if you are under the age of 18.

Being under age for what, enjoy something instead of being bitter over it?

Learn how to take a joke instead of being a butt hurt bitch.

Not really, lots of callbacks and references. However, the show does occasionally make fun of the people that hate it simply for the fact that it's not the 2003 cartoon.

>Being under age for what, enjoy something instead of being bitter over it?
No, for actually finding the show funny.

As a comedy, it's intermittently amusing. As a show about superheroes it fails on pretty much every conceivable level.

>"the show says it's shitty, so it's okay that it's shitty"
relying on that type of comedy can only get you so far before it starts to get annoying

People call everything this show does a fuck you to the fans, this especially show because apparently using old footage is flipping people off. Many shows are allowed meta humor and poking fun of themselves but anytime this show does it people get riled up and act as if they were personally targeted. Sometimes the biggest joke is watching people bend over backwards to explain how this or that episode is shitting on all they believed pure. Don't question it and move on with your life, this is the internet so "starting a dialogue" on this is useless.

Well yeah I dont think it should ever even be thought of as a show about superheroes since from episode one you can see it is just about people on their off time with them shown stopping crime once for every 6 or so episodes.

The difference here is that there's a right way and a wrong way to do it. As with everything.
TTG is shit because it's a comedic reboot of a well loved serious show that is overly obnoxious. This would be fine if it would shut up about the original and stop addressing it's audience directly. It's had several episodes regarding it's critics and it's hurting the show more than helping and saying that the people complaining is autistic is no better a argument than saying all the people who like it are autistic.

No yeah it never pretends to be a superhero show. But the thing is all the characters are established superheros that have been around for a while, and making a story about beloved characters that have been around for a while means you (arguably) have a responsibility to do those characters justice. Not that you shouldn't interpret them in your own way or deviate from how they've been portrayed in the past, but you should at least pretend to give a crap about the fanbase you're inheriting.

Maybe the autists shouldn't make themselves such easy targets by complaining that a children's cartoon doesn't cater to them for four years

You know comic fans gave the 2003 cartoon a lot of shit for not respecting the source, right?

I was actually hoping someone would bring that up. The difference is that the TT03 just interpreted the titans in a way a lot of people didn't like- and honestly, a lot of the complaints about that show were legit. TTG interpreted the titans in a way a lot of people didn't like, then became actively antagonistic towards detractors when they complained TTG didn't respect the source. It's kinda like a shitty youtuber, vs. a shitty youtuber that's always posting long rants about how the haters can fuck off- they both suck, but one of them is trying their best, and the other willfully refuses to improve

I was actually hoping someone would bring that up. The difference is that the TT03 just interpreted the titans in a way a lot of people didn't like- and honestly, a lot of the complaints about that show were legit. TTG interpreted the titans in a way a lot of people didn't like, then became actively antagonistic towards detractors when they complained TTG didn't respect the source. It's kinda like a shitty youtuber, vs. a shitty youtuber that's always posting long rants about how the haters can fuck off- they both suck, but one of them is trying their best, and the other willfully refuses to improve.

Knowing you're shit and playing off of it is better than not knowing you're shit and continuing as normal while being shit, key reason why TTG >>> TTweeb.

I realized it wasn't a superhero show two years ago when I watched it out of boredom and was pleasantly surprised at how good it was. The problem with the 2003 cartoon was that it tried to be both a comedy and a superhero show instead of focusing on one element. TTG focuses on silliness and comedy and while it can be hit-or-miss at times, it's appealing in its own right.

Treat it like a self-aware parody and enjoy it.

>TTG interpreted the titans in a way a lot of people didn't like, then became actively antagonistic towards detractors when they complained TTG didn't respect the source.
When the detractors act like the show shot their dog instead treating as it as the goofy shit it's clearly trying to be and moving on, they deserve those shots

It's like getting mad at The Super Hero Squad Show for not being like the comics

Yeah, not even gonna act like 2003 Teen Titans didn't pretty much always fail at being funny.

They point that out in the very clip this happens in. The joke is that him removing his mask or even having a secret identity is ludicrous because his location is common anyway, yet it STILL comes to bite him when he pointlessly removes the mask.

Yeah, they go overboard and take that shit way too personally, but that's also kind of every fandom ever? I'm not saying they aren't faggots about it, I'm just saying their frustration is understandable.

Not really. I used to watch the 2003 cartoon all the time and my reaction was pretty much "Oh they're bringing back as a gag show? Alright, I guess."

The amount of fucks being given when they can still watch the old cartoon whenever is baffling

>The amount of fucks being given when they can still watch the old cartoon whenever is baffling

>TTG
>PPG reboot
>SamJack S5
>Star Wars Prequels
>literally any other reboot/remake ever
It's the same story to varying degrees

youtu.be/xCTcUUYCoBk?t=692

I just find the show boring as fuck and that the worst anything can be

This makes it sound like nuPPGs was made specifically to push Political Correct politics on small children.

..Honestly that makes a lot of sense.

Not really.

Now the one where they jokingly "resolve" every last plot thread from the old show, offscreen and in vague detail, that was probably a big "fuck you" to fans.

>like a shitty youtuber, vs. a shitty youtuber that's always posting long rants about how the haters can fuck off
You mean like pan and that edgy kid who was "killing" him and the original PPG?

That got a chuckle out of me actually. The "fans" taking it to seriously are the autistic ones.

The joke is that Robin over exaggerates and blows it way out of proportion. There isn't much to get, it's just a joke.