What happened, Sup Forums?

We improved.

fpwp

Only one of those shows was genuinely really good.

Teen Titans was a mediocre show with a pair of god tier waifus. The Batman and TMNT were just straight up mediocre all around.

>What happened?

>Avatar The Last Airbender
Ended.
>The Batman
Kids WB shut down, so it ended and was replaced internally with Brave & the Bold.
>Teen Titans
Ended.
>Teenage Mutant Ninja Turtles 2003
Rights were sold off to Viacom, so it ended with the anniversary movie.

If I were ranking them I'd put Avatar last for sure. (Of course, it's like saying you found the shittiest pile of gold - guess what, you still found gold.)
I'm not even gonna dignify this with a separate reply.

>I'd put Avatar last

ok

Really? Not even gonna argue or ask why? I guess the only appropriate response to that BS is:
>ok

why do i care? He's obviously wrong

Nah, every show from these franchises that came after these shows were remarkably worse. Especially in the case of Avatar where every PRODUCT related to the franchise after it was garbage, the movie, the comics, the sequel, all of it was shit.

B:TBAB was much better, and Korra had a greatly reduced writing staff and budget, but godly animation, even compared to the original.

I'll give you Avatar and Teen Titans, but Brave and the Bold and Beware were much better than The Batman, and 2012 TMNT is around the same quality as 2003, just with different strengths and weaknesses.

>implying that's not me
This. So much this.

2012 TMNT is nowhere near 2003 quality. It's like a dumbed down version for kids, even though the original was obviously already for kids (in theory).

I'll be honest with you guys, I brainfarted and completely forgot about BatB. You're right, it WAS better than TB. The Batman was still better than Beware though and 2003 was miles above 2012. Well except for Fast Forward and Back to the Sewers. Those should have stayed in the sewers.

Man, I remember coming to Sup Forums back when these shows were still current. TT and The Batman were primarily despised because they were viewed as the 'replacement' for the recently-ended DCAU. Avatar was a very slow burn. The show was written off here as a wanna-be anime series and got basically no notice until S2 started. The old Turtles show,... it had its fans, but no one really cared about it. It was just... there. Later seasons got more attention, but other than the finale, it was just forgotten for the most part

Im still pissed about the Green Lantern TAS fiasco

You could argue The Batman ended as well. They were clearly running out of ideas by the fifth season and it reached syndication numbers by that point.

That's because we didn't know the era of Western animation had peaked back then. If we did, we would have valued that period a LOT more.

>They were clearly running out of ideas by the fifth season and it reached syndication numbers by that point.
Funny, that's exactly the same thing people say about TT.

BATB is not remotely comparable with TB. It's a completely different genre, and in many people's opinions a deeply overused one.

What fiasco?

it got cancelled

There were those of us who'd tell people that we hadn't had it that good in years and who knows when we'd have it again. Lo and behold.

ATLA>TT>TB>>>>TMNT

Prove me wrong but all 4 of those shows were pretty great i'd admit

The entire DC Nation line-up got nuked save for TTGo!

At least YJ is coming back and Lauren Faust might bring her SBFF magic with her new show.

It got canned because it couldn't move merchandise. Mostly because the GL movie had flopped so hard beforehand

ATLA>TMNT>TB>TT

>The Batman was still better than Beware

To be fair, one show got the chance to actually grow, improve, and even get stale by the end, while the other one got smothered with a pillow in its infacy.

TT>>>TMNT>>TB>ATLA
The only correct way to rank these shows. The decreasing number of arrows is not stylistic, BTW.

And I'm sure you were one of them, right user?

TMNT 2K3 is the best animated adaptation of the turtles. Anyone who says otherwise is either a 2K12 kiddie or a delusional 80sfag who doesn't get that the toy commercials they grew up with were shit.

I actually haven't seen a serious 80s TMNT defender in years I think. It's always delusional 2012fags now.

sure

>Really? Not even gonna argue or ask why? I guess the only appropriate response to that BS is:
>ok

essentially

>Nah, every show from these franchises that came after these shows were remarkably worse

>thinking that the batman was better than brave and the bold

Read the thread

I was always a fan of Avatar and TT, so... not sure what you're getting at here, user.
People only ever talk about the 80s show in terms of nostalgia. TMNT 2K3 took a while to find its fanbase. People always seemed to be arguing that it didn't have its own identity, usually arguing that it was 'too anime-influenced'. I never paid much attention to it though.

True.
The thing is that 2012 keeps relying on 80s cartoon just to make oldfag's panties drop. As a result, they do a few goofy episodes with toliet humor and then one dark episode.

>not sure what you're getting at here
I'm saying you seem to be engaging in shameless self-promotion, which conveniently for you can't be verified.

I'm posting anonymously on an anonymous image board. Who the fuck am I going to impress?

That's the question, isn't it?