tfa 3rd ? Do i smell.... soy?

Return of the Jedi is kinda flawed af
>Ewoks beating a legion of stormtroopers
>boba Fett dying like a bitch
>death star 2 is one of the stupidest concepts ever
kinda unforgivable sins, luckily it’s still OT and has the same magic

ESB>ANH>ROTS>ROTJ>TPM>TLJ>AOC>TFA

this but rots ironically

Attack of the clones is one of the most literal garbage dumpster fire movies to ever exist how in gods name is it better than TFA

>have an amazingly impressive and effective space weapon
>want to make another one
Wow, so stupid... That's like saying the second atomic bomb was the stupidest thing ever because they already made the first.

I agree with the other 2 though. Teddy bears with sticks winning against the empire and the whole Boba Abbott and Han Costello shit ruined the movie

hershlags midriff thats why you utter pleb, mary sue looks like a fucking man

>boba Fett dying like a bitch
Because he was a bitch?

ESB
ROTJ
ROTS
ANH
TPM
AOTC

not listed: non canon flicks and cartoons

Except the first one was a disgusting waste of resources with a flawed self destruct button. It’s like the emperor was switched out with Dr. Doofenshmirtz
Also narratively it’s incredibly boring and trite, it’s like “wow lemme guess they blow it up again”

ESB>ROTJ>ANH>R1>ROTS>TPM>TFA>AOTC>Ewok movie>Star Wars a Holiday Special>TLJ

>OP makes bait thread

ESB > ANH > ROTS > ROTJ > R1 > TPM > AOC >>>> TFA >>>shit >>>TLJ

Because TFA is just a significantly worse rehash cash grab with SJW shit gumming up the works, and it started everything that is going to be wrong with the Soy trilogy.

Padme is the only thing that draws my attention for that 2 hour sludge fest of grey monotony
Also Riddley is kinda qt 3.14 (Portman is still superior)
This still doesn’t save this boring fucking movie

>implying they started building the second one only AFTER the first one was so easily blown up

ANH
ESB
RTS
ROTJ (had some good stuff, and a lot of dumb shit)
RO (2nd part was pretty good)
TPM
AOTC
Ewoks
Clone Wars movie
TFA
Holiday Special
Jar Jar's Bizzare Adventure
TLJ

ye its a shame padme started dressing like a fucking nun in ep 3, biggest boner killer

>Implying the entire prequel triology wasn’t designed as a cash grab to sell toys
At least TFA has great practical effects and an interesting concept

>implying the OT wasn't just a cash grab to sell toys
>TFA
>interesting concept
Which would be?

This would actually make sense EXCPET THEY NEVER FUCKING SAY THIS
but if true, totally fixes my head cannon

interesting concept?? did you watch the movie or are you baiting like a cunt. the whole thing was a rehash of ANH with worse characters and a Mary Sue instead of luke skywalker. The only remotely interesting character was kylo and he was a little bitch

Death star 3 is even worse

>even acknowledging Disney flicks

No the Ewoks in ROTJ were cash grab but that’s the extent of it in the OT
There were some interesting concepts and characters in TFA one of which was Kylo Ren.

3>5>4>6>2>1

>rehash and homage are the same thing
The movie wasn’t perfect but this is literally a fucking retarded point

It’s not tho
At least a few decades have past and you could argue that they may not be directly aware of the exact mistakes of Palpatine who literally makes the same one back to back.

It's flawed, yeah, but the closing to the Skywalkers conflict was great. It's the worst of OT but still better than any PT/sequel films.

I agree on this

Objective ranking coming through

5>4>6>3>1>2

Disney Wars is not canon

I almost agree, but there’s no way the sequels are worse than the prequels

Kylo Rens character, while the only saving grace of the nu trilogy for me, is still just "I want to be Darth Vader soooo bad, fuck my parents" which is just a rehash.

And even when making ANH Lucas saw more money potentially in the toy and merchandise lines than the actual movie.

It has the best space battle of the OT though

Don't worry, you will understand this with time, and the next Disney flick being even worst than TLJ

>ESB over ANH

this is how to spot a pleb

homage would have meant taking influence from as opposed to the literal same plot points happening you utter fucking imbecile, fuck off mouse.

>rehash
Rehash of what? What star wars character in cannon movies has gone “grrr I wanna be Darth Vader so bad fuck my parents” I think he’s conflicted character differentiates him from typical sith who are just evil for evils sake
Also I’m gonna need a source on that new hope nonsense, because Lucas had no idea his film would be a success much less a merchandising monster

>Not appreciating Sheev kino

I found your lack of patrician taste disturbing

The prequels have a right to exist, Disney shit doesn't.

this

Hence I said it has a lot of saving graces and why it’s still an amazing movie
>sheev is evil af and it’s great
>awesome space battle
>it’s a trap
>Jabba in general
>amazing Luke vs Vader duel pt 2

If the entire characters purpose and goal is to be like another character, it's a rehash. The internal struggle, the easily manipulated mind, the overwhelming love for his mother, the entire cast reflecting on how lost you are to the dark side, the desire to turn on your master, it's all "let's totally make a dorkier Darth Vader" while having his own fucking ambitions be "I want to be Darth Vader" so it's rehashing without at least the decency to write a good story around it.
Unironically "the toys that made us" which is a documentary show about toys from the 50s-80s. The first episode is about star wars toys.

Wtf does this mean user

I’ve seen it on Netflix I’ll give it a watch
But what you just described to me sounds exactly like an original concept. Taking something old and changing with new ideas is an homage, not a rehash.

luke vs vader in rotj is fucking absolute kino. What do you guys prefer, lukes battle with vader in ESB or ROTJ? for me its ROTJ

No human holds this opinion

Personally it’s ESB, mainly because they explore a lot of locations and I think it has just as much if not more emotional weight. Plus we get some nice force throwing scenes. Still I’m not sure there’s a right answer here.

>taking old ideas and giving them a new emotional tone and perspective isn’t a homage
Gas yourself nigger

>TLJ better than any star wars movie

Wow you are shit at this

Honestly it wasn’t worse than any prequel movie. It had some really great scenes. And it had some disgustingly bad scenes.

literally not even adressing my point, nice strawman faggot, you havent fucking watched the movie have you. They use exactly the same plot points, big death star blows planet up, orphan kid on a desert planet is really powerful with the force and beats the space nazis. Also
>taking old ideas and giving them a new emotional tone and perspective isn’t a homage
Even if they did this it must have been a really shit attempt because the movie is utter shite, disney shill

>TLJ better than Sheevkino

no

>dumb fucking nigger is too stupid to read what I said
>oooo ungabunga movie had same story
Say the movie was bad all you want, but they took the same plot points and gave them a different tone hence it is an homage. I know you are a dumb ape man, but homage is a literary device. You’re supposed to figure out that the plot is the same.

Nothing wrong with ewoks. If you even get knocked out on a battlefield, you could easily get shot or only wake up after.

How the fuck do you reply to a Star Wars thread without having watched empire you shit for brained mongoloid

How exactly does it being a 'homage' have any intrinsic value though? You're talking like that makes it automatically good or that people should accept this as an objectively good premise. Please also provide me with the exact criteria of what is needed for it to be a homage because its seems awfully like your talking shit about what sounds like entirely subjective terms

ESB
ANH
ROTJ
TLJ
TFA
RO
ROTS
TPM
AOTC

But they still lost. There’s no way that a clan of midget tree niggers would beat an imperial army

ESB > ANH > ROTS > ROTJ > RO > TPM > TFA > AOTC > TLJ

That tracking shot is my favourite of the whole saga

me too kino in its purest form

Homage doesn’t have any intrinsic value, it’s what they do with the literary device. Hence using something like personification isn’t an intrinsically good thing. But you argued that the movie is a rehash like that’s a negative thing when that isn’t the case.
Ex: Rey and Luke are both orphans from a desert planet
Except Luke was a starry eyed kid who wanted to see the galaxy and be a hero. Rey is just a dirty scavenger who needs to fight for her day to day scraps and for her own survival. Same concept, different perspective. It’s a homage.

1. ESB
2. ANH
3. R1
4. ROTJ
5. ROTS
6. TPM
7. TFA
8. AOTC
9. TLJ

>TPM and AOTC are better than the sequel movies.
>Jar Jar is more interesting than Kylo Ren
I’m sorry but this is just retarded

ye fair enough. I retract my rehash statement. Still shit movie tho

I’m interested to know why? I mostly enjoyed it but I hated TLJ.
One criticism i have with TFA is that Rey and Finn are completely fucking boring. Poe is the only interesting character and he’s in it for all of five minutes.
I think TLJ fixes these mistakes (except Finn) but nosedives I’m literally every other regard

prequel world building was fucking amazing
lucas was overambitious but his ideas are clearly visible
if you really prefer soy wars over the prequels then r*ddit might be a more suitable place for you

I like all movies equally, to be honest. I'd rate Disney wars lower tho.

ESB TLJ RotJ ANH RotS TFA TPM TCW

Fight me

Except those worlds are all fake as shit and literally everything about the movie is just a fucking green screen
It visually looks like garbage when you see human actors standing next to it.

>not even acknowledging AotC
This is how you do it.
Your only flaw is putting a rat shit movie like TLJ so high

The highlights for me were that Kylo had an interesting arc and I thought the lightsaber battle at the end was quite good, Kylo seems to have an interesting character, its a nice contrast from Vader to have an insecure villian who doesnt really know his place in the world. Some of the humour was alright but it was hit and miss. Overall the action was good it just lacked any of the emotional sentiment that even the prequels had in some aspects. Agree with you that TLJ fixes some of it, they fleshed out Kylo a bit and i kind of like his arc, Rey I still think has fuck all depth as a character despite people overmemeing the mary sue shit. Finn started off well in the movie, seeing him doubt himself at the start of TLJ was cool but then he basically wasnt in the movie for the rest of it. Dont even want to acknowledge what they did with Luke. Fucking travesty. TLJ was a fucking souless cunt of a movie but the cinematography was aight

>those worlds are all fake
so what? Sci-fi worlds are all fake.

>everything about the movie is just a fucking green screen
stop spamming leddit memes
quite a lot of the backgrounds were miniatures, there's more practical effects in the prequels than you'd think

>Coruscant... the entire planet is one big city.
>Tatooine... the entire planet is one big desert.
>Endor... the entire planet is one big forest.
>Crait... the entire planet is one big chunk of salt.
>Hoth... the entire planet is one big snow ball.
>Scarif... the entire planet is one big beach.
>Death Star... the entire planet is one big space station.
>Jakku... the entire planet is one big desert.

>all these plebs

ESB
ANH
ROTS
RO
ROTJ
TLJ
TPM
TFA
AOTC
I'm correct.

Right but the OT had cool and interesting real looking sets and characters. Not to mention stand up really well over time
Prequels had shitty cgi rendering and awful looking characters. It looks fucking dated and they aren’t even older than 15 years at most

>ROTS and RO better than ROTJ
Are you just a brainless nignog that thinks the awesome Vader scene automatically makes it the movie of the year?

ROTJ's only important story line involves Luke on the Death Star II. Everything with Han, Leia, and the gang is pointless.

Except literally the entire movie was shot on green screen. It gets pretty distracting

True but I can’t help but think back to all the awful shit in ROTS

ROTS has:
>less pointless shit
>Prime Clone War shit
>Sheev
>Rise of the Empire
It's a better movie overall.

>no!
great argument nigger

He-man episode is kino

would new star wars movies be better if they should jar jar as a sith?

I can’t tell you that the CGI looks disgusting and terrible and is incredibly overused, because that’s subjective. What isn’t subjective is the robotic dialogue and boring plots.

ROTJ has as mentioned earlier:
>Sheev
>awesome space battles
>it’s a trap
>Luke vs Vader Duel pt 2
Not to mention is just better in film standards

ESB
ROTS
TPM
R1
TFA
ANH
ROTJ
AOTC
TLJ

How the fuck do you defend this?

>Sheev
>Luke vs Vader P2
Only important parts. Everything else is just tact on.

Hard to argue this. But cinematography wise I just think it’s better.

>doesn't understand the meaning of subjective
it's time to stop posting

i'm defending prequels > soy wars
i'm not defending every flaw in the prequels you fucking mong

>boy have been used to the pod racing, then he was helped by the force
Now explain how Rey knows how to pilot a Millenium Falcon, learnt to Wookie and how to swim in desert planet in more reasonable way that this

In parts. In other parts ROTS is better. If ROTS were shot with miniatures or whatever instead of cheap CGI it would be 100% better.
youtube.com/watch?v=ZZq53GloUhw

I understand this, and I also argue that scene alone is worse than any in the soy wars

Just because it’s explained in universe doesn’t make it any less cheap kiddy garbage. That entire scene is awful and that child actor should’ve been shot alongside the casting director

>*its a hologram*
I disagree

ESB > ANH > ROTJ > R1 > TLJ > TPM > ROTS > A Garbage Fire > TFA > AOTC

You mean Snoke portraying himself as a giant hologram?