So any likelihood for this getting rebooted is dead right?

So any likelihood for this getting rebooted is dead right?

Other urls found in this thread:

wired.com/2012/10/hotel-transylvania-genndy-tartakovsky/
twitter.com/AnonBabble

Good riddance, I say.

Nah, they're higher than ever.

That being said, if it is being brought back, Ilana and Lance are definitely staying friends due to the mixed reactions Jack and Ashi got.

There was literally 0 chance of them staying friends. (Unlike Jack and Ashi, by the way.)

Isn't this one of those situations where it was written off as a loss for taxes and so the rights for it are tied up in legal redtape and practically impossible to recover?

Pretty sure the red tape is really about the money.

Except for the fact that Genndy had an episode planned for Ilana where she fell in love, with someone who wasn't Lance. The two weren't going to shack together.

Hard to say. The show was written off to the government so the network could recoup its losses, making it impossible for SBT to return without certain changes. If I'm not mistaken, they'd have to change the name of the show, and the original season would not be able to run on any network. However, it could be put onto a service like Netflix or Hulu.

>Except for the fact that Genndy had an episode planned for Ilana where she fell in love, with someone who wasn't Lance.
No source, I call bullshit.
>making it impossible for SBT to return without certain changes
I'm almost certain they could buy it back, but of course the question is if they'd want to spend that much money recovering a failed series.

Not like you have any sources to prove Lance and Ilana were going to get together yourself.

None are needed for that.

Except it is, otherwise you're just assuming things for no reason. Nothing in the show even indicated that the two were interested in one another romantically whatsoever.

You mean besides the massive hints like every other episode?

There weren't any hints at all.

There were hints up to and including them SHARING A ROMANTIC DANCE TOGETHER. If that's not a flashing red beacon for "future relationship", I don't know what is.

Idk why people want it back so bad, it had a average story and the CG animation was fugly and weird.

It had a horrific story, actually. It should never have been permitted on TV, let alone kids' TV.

Prove it then, which episodes had the hints? And the dance was them just deciding to have some fun after they missed the big dance because they had to save the city. Christ mate, are you even trying or just making assumptions for no reason?

How so? The story was an homage to giant robot shows and did it pretty well while throwing in some cheesy teen flick drama that knew not to take itself all that seriously.

see

Wtf werent they brothers in the cover up they had? In the end thats how fans saw them, If they hooked up it would just feel weird...

Oh, your autistic shit again. Sorry, but shitty and wrong opinions don't count.

Not to mention they were clearly building something with Lance and that goth chick who could take him on in martial arts.

fpbp

I feel like had the show continued into it's 2nd Season and if they were hinting at romantic aspect, it would have played out like SvTFoE's 2nd Season...... Ilana getting cucked to the Nth degree as Lance develops a closer relationship with that goth chick. Unlike Star, they're not feeling she can act on cause of their cover.

Though I highly doubt it.

Not entirely. The Megas people said they explored the option of buying back the rights and got straight up refused too.

Didn't they get refused by CN itself? Not the government?

Who knows. I like the idea of them not getting together because so few works seem to commit to the "they're just friends" thing all the way through. Often times they have that angle, but then the two pair up after a bunch of "will they/won't they" shit.

That was a funny thread. I never seen that much autism on Sup Forums before.

The OP was scrapper levels of deluded.

The thing is, cartoons with opposite sex leads are usually written with romantic chemistry in mind. In other words, they're literally made for each other.

Depends on the kind of show, though. Comedic ones usually don't bother with romance given there's little continuity in such shows. Even then, plenty of action cartoons have been made without really getting all that caught up in romance. Mighty Max implied the one girl who occasionally tagged along with Max was into him, but they never made it a serious plot point.

Not always, Wander and Sylvia stayed friends.

I was talking about the setup. Not the result. Learn to read, anons.

You... you do realize that's me, right? Why else would I link to it, especially so soon?

I read it just fine, jackass.

No, how would I? People link threads all the time for various reasons, doesn't always mean they had a hand in them.

Better a jackass than a dumbass like you guys.

Well, your compatriot here seems to be smarter than you, might wanna ask him about it:

Nothing of what I said was remotely dumb. But please, keep acting like a retarded guppy because you think you've outsmarted people in a CARTOON discussion.

I was responding to you imbecile. How about YOU learn to read conversations.

*fpwp

>I was responding to
So? Doesn't affect my point.

Except it does because unless you were that user as well, I had no way of knowing. Christ almighty you are dense.

I hope it comes back. I liked it.

>due to the mixed reactions Jack and Ashi got.

The only people who were upset were retard Tumblrites who thought Jack should be gay for absolutely no reason other than that it was what they wanted.

And people with higher standards for writing in general.

Megas still doesn't have a continuation yet...... feels bad man.

Did you pay attention to the dance episode? Ilana made the theme of the homecoming dance based on Galaluna's harvest festival, and at the festival she used to have a dance with her father. At the end of the episode she says "Well dad, we almost had our dance" right before Lance shows up, wearing the exact same hat as her dad, and asks her to dance.

Lance is literally taking the place of Ilana's father during that dance, there is nothing romantic about it.

But Samurai Jack ending was the best ending in all of television history.
Anyone who disagrees with this is either from tumblr or reddit, or possibly both.

To be fair, the relationship with Ashi could have been done better. It was far from perfect.

And before anyone says "Look at his face, he's embarrassed!", Lance was made to be clearly socially inept from being an outcast in the academy and being an overall moody little shit because of his dad seemingly dying. Nigga barely knows how to act around others more than Jack did, who was only socially awkward because he didn't meet enough civilized people who weren't strange looking creatures or waiting to attack him.

It's one of the unproduced scripts. It was a 70s style musical episode where Ilana falls in love.
Granted, that doesn't mean it would be a new recurring character or anything more than a one-off.

wired.com/2012/10/hotel-transylvania-genndy-tartakovsky/

Shipping is cancer. I'm perfectly content with Lance and Illana staying plutonic and having a siblingy relationship.

>Ilana and Lance
>caring about inferior romance

I imagine it was that twiggy boy who had been seen hanging with her in some episodes.

*platonic

Gesundheit

Genndy would

1.) Have to want to do it (he doesn't talk about this like he used to with Jack).

2.) Have to convince Adult Swim THEY wanted to do it (Jack was fairly pricey and risky, and a SBT resurrection would definitely be more risky, it was never as well-liked as Jack).

3.) Have to sort out ownership entanglements (whatever those are).

I'm not calling it impossible, but I think it's very unlikely. It'd probably be easier to just take the core ideas and have a "do over" of a sort. But I have no idea what Genndy wants to do next, and he hasn't said.

>Have to want to do it
He's said he'd like to continue it, if someone wants to foot the bill.

He did have a lot of stuff written out from the sound of it, so I wouldn't put it past him to just leave it unless the ownership details prove to be too cumbersome. But yea, the second point is probably the most concerning. Williams Street probably wouldn't go for a traditionally animated show, not unless Jack's success proves big enough to warrant the risk in cost.

If we're having this thread again then at the first sign we see of that infernal retard OP from the last thread, immediately tel him to fuck off.

Kimmy is best girl.

Man, I loved this one. Made me feel like a little kid again. I really hope they bring it back; I don't mind if its a reboot as long as it keeps its characters and the same animation.

Genndy has definitely expressed interest.

SBT was pretty highly rated on AS at the time, though I don't really keep up with AS anymore so I don't know how current ratings compare. But I could see AS having interest.

Point 3 is what probably kills it though. I don't understand how this weird tax write off thing works, but it seems like a snarl that's pretty difficult to untangle.

Have to wonder how things were going to play out once she learned Newton was a robot. Can only wonder if they'd go the typical "I feel betrayed" route or maybe surprise people with her being totally okay about it.

From what I've heard in previous threads discussing shows that got written off to the government; it's quite costly to reacquire the rights, and the IP can't be distributed on regular channels or some such, but digital services are apparently exempt from the rule.

I imagine though that Genndy would then probably write up the second season to be the end and just aim for another 20 episode deal so he could cover the shit he wanted to get done most.

It'd probably take a few episodes, but I think she'd come around.

Always wondered if they'd do an evil titan team consisting of Kimmy and maybe two people Lance and Ilana cared for. It would certainly fit with the giant robot/super sentai shows the series was paying homage to.

I wish I had more cute KimmyOctus pics.

>reboot
OP, revival's the real word
Reboot means new continuity that's separated from the old one
This is like when people misuse the word "literally"

Billy and Mandy would like to have a word with you.

Geez, with fingers like that, he'd have to be careful sticking even one up her as.

That's not cute, that's just fucking sad.

It would probably a little cute hearing Octus justify himself, Brien Posehn would no doubt make the scene somewhat amusing as the humanlike robot explained himself.

He's literally a transformer, so she'll be fine.

But what if she wants one of those fat sausage fingers in her ass?

But the true question is, which 80's romantic comedy will the scene be spoofing?

>that CW parody in the pilot episode
I CAN'T READ!!

How would Kimmy have reacted if he saw Octus like that?

How would Kimmy have reacted if she saw Octus like that?

Why did Jack and Ashi look like Lance and Ilana at points anyway?

I swear I thought I was looking at an adult Lance at points in the finale.

Could have sworn she did see him like that.

Jack and Lance being similar, you say? Let's see... Dark hair, bedroom eyes, moody demeanor. I totally get it.

Then what would Ilana think of Jack?

Probably a very noble and courageous man, like everyone else who had met him.

Hell, Lance and Ilana are very much like the alien prince and princess from that one episode, except being able to put up a serious fight.

Don't people say that Genndy just took that episode and made it into Titan?

To be fair, the prince and princess were unable to fight back due to the high gravity of Earth. Once they countered that they were pretty badass warriors.
I can actually see her falling for Jack. He's attractive, courageous, kind, dutiful, and even royalty. He's older than her, so it could be a one sided teen crush. It'd certainly be cute as fuck.

He obviously liked that premise. Maybe it was subconscious or maybe not. Anyway, Octus was way better than the C3-P0 ripoff of that episode.

T. faggot who got triggered over best post

Considering Jack fell for the Japanese Daughter of Aku version of her, I doubt it'd be completely one sided.

Ilana is too young for Jack; unlike Ashi who is an adult. Also, Ashi has done more for Jack than anyone ever did.

I barely remember the C-3PO knockoff so you're right about that.

Ashi never seemed like an adult to me, and that's not including the age difference caused by Jack's time in the future.

I dunno user, Ilana could probably bring back his hope the same way Ashi did.

Genndy said he just has a new project and Adult Swim wants him to do another show.

A SBT resurrection could be beneficial if they end up rerunning Season 1 to build up hype.

I remember the way he got killed. It was so sporadic it actually caught me off guard. I was both laughing and shocked.

She' around her 20, late 10s at least. Ilana was in highschool age.

Could have sworn they mentioned Ilana being at least 16 or so. Which probably would make sense as they were probably going to be in the school for a while before having to move on once graduation became a plot point.

While her optimism, determination and kindness could carry Jack through, I think one of the most important reasons why Jack was able to recuperate his hope thanks to Ashi was not only because of her actions towards him, but for what she represented. She was a human isolated to the point of becoming a relentless killing machine who only lived to see Jack death. She was a perfect representation of corrupted innocence under Aku's influence, much like the world had been. However, by showing her disposition to change and even help Jack fight back she made Jack realize that there was till something worth fighting for in that "forsaken time" as he'd refereed to it.

She's 17.

Alright, that's a good point.