Which one should I watch? Apologies for the horrible paintjob

Which one should I watch? Apologies for the horrible paintjob.

anything but Lady BIRD

Why do you say that?

>living legend's swan song
>edgy high school girl starring literal who
hmm tough call

Holy shit this, you should be ashamed OP.

if you watched edge of seventeen you already watched lady bird

Neither, watch a good film.

Lucky

Alright, alright, I get it. Thanks for setting me straight, lads.
This is obviously a low-effort shitpost, but I'm open to recs if you have 'em.

>living legend
user, I...

Have seen lucky
But ladybird had some good parts my complaints are it's a pretty clichéd look at an American teenage girl and the ending was lackluster, in that the movie just sort of stops it feels unfinished

Neither, watch BR2049.

Watch Lucky.
I walked out of the theater during it and just left.

Watch something by Mizoguchi instead of trash films. Sansho maybe.

Have not*

Seen it 3x, user.
I haven't seen Lady Bird and would strongly prefer no spoilers, but the "truncated" feel is often a deliberate choice for emotional or coming-of-age movies. A great example of this from last year would be Manchester by the Sea.

I've seen Sansho and Chrysanthemums. I can't take you seriously if you're going to call the two I listed trash given all the LCD superhero movies and other franchises there are floating out there. In fact, it's hard to take anyone who only speaks in black-and-white when it comes to art seriously. There's a monumental spectrum between "good" and "trash."

t. moron

t. aspie with no self-esteem

t. pseud

lol right

>I can't take you seriously if you're going to call the two I listed trash given all the LCD superhero movies and other franchises there are floating out there.

>if it's not a superhero blockbuster it can't be trash
wow!

Obviously neither Lady Bird nor Lucky are trash and your autism/bitterness/need to be contrarian/cries for attention aren't going to change that. People much more qualified than any of you will ever be are raving about both. No matter what you say, it will have no effect on the prevailing narrative of these two movies in the eyes of the educated thinktank or in the history books. Keep being miserable, though.

the pseud reveals himself!

>it good bcuz da cwitics say so!
lmao

solid buzzword
>it's bad because some retard on Sup Forums says so
Yeah, I'll take the overwhelming majority of qualified reviewers and stellar public reception in this situation.

hahahahaha holy fuck the absolute state of reddit

>Yeah, I'll take the overwhelming majority of qualified reviewers and stellar public reception in this situation.
Yet you hate all these superhero movies? you're a dumb fuck hypocrite.

t. embittered sperg
>in this situation
You lack fundamental critical reading skills, yet I should take your opinion on movies into account. Hard pass, my guy.

>it's fine in this situation because otherwise it would make me a hypocrite
oh you prick

I see where you're coming from as to how coming of age movies have truncated endings, considering that it still felt unfinished to me. It might just be that because I'm a man I couldn't relate to the protagonists experience

>doesn't understand context or nuance
>can't read
I repeat: Hard pass on entertaining your thoughts.

no hate here, just amusement

>moron thinks there's any difference between trash like capeshit and trash like lady bird and that there are two different groups of critics lauding them both
oh wow!

>capeshit
>lady bird
>lucky
>literally (l i t e r a l l y) all the same
hard pass bruv

you are this dumb!

I'll be sure to take your thoughts on me into deep consideration. Thanks, user.