New Art From Dark Days: The Forge and The Casting

Art from preluses to Dark Nights: Metal featuring the Hawks,Green Latern and of course fan favorite Duke

Other urls found in this thread:

previewsworld.com/Article/195227-Look-Inside-Dark-Days-The-Casting--The-Forge-From-DC-Comics
bleedingcool.com/2017/05/29/happens-teen-titans-september/
twitter.com/NSFWRedditVideo

Variant cover for Dark Nights: The Casting

black and white page from the casting

Source btw

previewsworld.com/Article/195227-Look-Inside-Dark-Days-The-Casting--The-Forge-From-DC-Comics

Actual color art from the forge out in 2 weeks

WE HAWK AGAIN BOIS
Really surprised he didn't get any kind of redesign

I hope Capullo draws him at some point, he seems like the kind of character he'd enjoy

last page, thoughts? Excited for this at all?

>Hawkman
>Mr Terrific

JSA Reunion here we come

When are they going to kill this guy?

I don't know if I'm a fan of Hal being the go to GL for this as opposed to Simon and Jessica, it really weakens their place in the JL.

I think Dark Days will probably be meh to shit, Metal will be decent on its own, with Capullo carrying the fuck out of the book and Dark Nights September will be a mix since its every creator doing a dark future issue for their book. Hopefully some cool designs though

Not until Snyder is long gone, he'll keep him alive no matter what

They tried but then HEAT wouldn't leave them alone

>Out in 2 weeks

Didn't the solicits come out like, yesterday? Time really does fly by.

That was Metal

kek

The jacket's back.

I'm a little confused by the whole thing. Is it like a full event?

Yeah.

>2 preludes one shots

>6 issue event with art by Capullo

>bunch of a spinoff books launching out if it starting in September about the dark universe or something

Dark Days/Nights is the full event
It goes
Dark Days: The Casting > Dark Days: The Forge > Dark Nights: Metal(6 issue mini) + (this is speculation based on trade info)Dark Nights one shots for every Rebirth book in September > Dark Universe spin-off

We don't know if there's an end book or if Metal wraps everything up

>6 issue event with art by Capullo

well, at least it isn't Secret Empire's fucking ten

is it double shipping?

So what is gonna be their origin now?

It looks like reincarnation and ancient Egypt

Thanagarian Space Cops who keep reincarnating since something happened in ancient egypt

This is going to suck

Wait so basically what JLU did?

Kick his yellow ass Hal. Do it for Thal.

dark night one shots in september, wut?

He's guessing, we don't know for certain. The mainline books might tie into Metal.

That was just the TT vol 2 speculation right? Was there another trade that hinted as much?

Oh I get why Hals important to this now

>Dark Nights
>In Blackest Night

Bleeding Cunt blah blah blah
>The Amazon listing for Teen Titans Vol 2, after the DC Rebirth, is an intriguing one.

>The listing states,

>The newest era of one of DC’s greatest super-teams continues in TEEN TITANS VOL. 2! Written by Benjamin Percy (GREEN ARROW) with stunning art by Khoi Pham. Collects #6-7, #9-11 and #13.
>#8 is part of the Lazarus Contract crossover currently burning through Titans, Teen Titans and Deathstroke.

>So can we presume #12 will also be part of a crossover? And for one so soon after Lazarus Contract, a line-wide crossover?

>Metal?

>Could September be a… rather heavy month?

September has also always been DC gimmick month since New52 started

I haven't checked personally but that's what I'm basing it off. Will any other trade be that far ahead by then?
TT was a real late launching book

I mean, I can kinda see it since DC always does something in September(except last year I guess, because of Rebirth still being launched)

Source, sorry
bleedingcool.com/2017/05/29/happens-teen-titans-september/

>preflashpoint costumes

HAHAHAH YES

So can I, I'm not saying it won't happen. We just won't know for certain until the Sept solicitations

>I don't know if I'm a fan of Hal being the go to GL for this as opposed to Simon and Jessica
I don't buy books with Simon appearances so it's a smart move on DC's behalf

Silver age hawks with golden age past and johns reincarnation thing.

Manhawks there.

That sounds an awful lot like Future's End

Lmao this is Frank Miller tier

Is there gonna be some Future's end shit

Duke again.
I'm bored of him. I'm not against him, but come on, there are a fucking ton of supporting batfamily characters.

ASBAR

The main writer of this is Snyder, did you expect any less?

I guess not. Still, you can have your created pets as characters of your story and other characters besides those. This is really tiresome at this point, to be honest. It's like out of the Blue Bruce has driven away all his kids.

I think Snyder is still pretending that DotF actually had an effect outside of his own books

Heh, that may be. But honestly, it's been a while, and readers like me get a bit tired at this point.

Wonderbat?

>all those middle age characters.
Fucking Post-Crisis continuity is back baybeeeeee!!!
Fucking finally, now my copy of The History of the DCU is actually worth for something again again.
WW2 being started after Hitler got the Spear of Destiny from Vandal Savage when?

>I don't know if I'm a fan of Hal being the go to GL for this as opposed to Simon and Jessica, it really weakens their place in the JL.
I'm desperate for non-Venditti Hal stuff so it works out for me

The fuck you on about?

Has Andy ever drawn Hawkman? His dad Joe illustrated many awesome Hawkman stories, of course

Why is the God damned BATNIG still around?