Bruce Wayne is the mask. Batman is the person

>Bruce Wayne is the mask. Batman is the person.

Is this the ultimate way to determine that someone is a casual? If Bruce Wayne is the mask, then why does Batman care about his parents so much?

>Is this the ultimate way to determine that someone is a casual?
No, that's giving a shit about Batman.

Batman and Bruce Wayne are the same person.

Unironically this. Can't wait for the same tired Batman vs Joker shit where Batman questions if he and the Joker aren't so different.

For the same reason you and I can both like tacos but not be the same person, OP.

Playboy party bruce is the mask.
The donations and charities are the real bruce, as is the vengence and batman.

I think people are just lazy when they say that and they actually mean the day to day Bruce Wayne playboy persona. Of course that is a mask, but obviously being Bruce Wayne matters to the actual guy.

Why would Batman care so much more SPECIFICALLY about Bruce Wayne's parents than any other regular old person?

Same with the whole "Clark Kent is Superman's disguise" shit.

Batman is Bruce Wayne's want to help people and stop anyone from feeling the kind of pain he did. His billionare playboy shtick is his cover story. Bruce Wayne himself is the man behind the masks, which only Alfred and a select few really see.

>implying Batman's entire purpose isn't to avoid thinking about Bruce Wayne's parents

This. Billionaire playboy Bruce is a mask, Batman is a mask. The real persona is the one seen by people like Alfred, Dick, maybe Clark. A medium between the two.

Batman and Bruce Wayne are both masks worn by a spends every day trying to stop two bullets that he never can.

>worn by a scared little boy that spends...

>implying Sup Forums reads comics

Clark as Kal-El's disguise was pretty much canon for like 40 years of the character's history though

It's a plagiarized idea anyways.

They're still Batman's parents, user.

Ennis wrote the Shadow? Was it filled with ultra violence and rape?

Batman is just a poor little boy in a playsuit crying for mommy and daddy.

Some versions of Bruce probably do think of themselves more as Batman than Bruce, but the "Dark Knight" persona that he presents to most people is just as false as the billionaire playboy one. Batman is all about theatrics after all, he wants people to see him as a symbol not a man.

It's the Shadow, so there was some in the backstory.

It wasn't very good. He left the book and then there were some good issues and some shit ones, then it got cancelled. I think Masks kept the character alive until Year One came out and it was actually good.

It'd be funny if it weren't so pathetic.

They've literally done the "Batman is the person" bit in the WW Annual that was published yesterday user.
I'm getting really tired of this casual filter shit.

>why does Batman care about his parents so much?
Because they're Batman's parents, duh.

Batman's dad once told him that his real name was batman at one point and died before he cleared it up.

The Bruce the public sees is the mask
The Bruce that helps the citizens with anonymous donations and foundations is the real Bruce. Bruce/Batman has never been the same since he was in that alley. The Bruce with the foundation and charity is Batman in the light, the Batman that goes out every night to make sure another child doesn't have to witness what he did is Batman in the night. (going with the 70s idea of Batman, because I hate the idea that Batman goes out and sees Joe Chill in the face of every criminal)

Bruce, and Batman are both masks. The 'detective' is his true identity.

No. That's Goku is Kakarot's disguise levels of stupid. Clark was raised by the Kents, on Earth, as their son. Kal-El was an infant who only learned of his birth parents by being told if them.

Clark is Superman. Clark is Kal-El. Clark is the man in Superman.

Maybe I'm an idiot or casual or whatever, but I like this concept actually.