Super hero fatigue

Suppose superhero movies become not viable after 2022.
Which missed opportunities would make you mad? Which characters, in your opinion, MUST be in movies?

Other urls found in this thread:

en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Western_(genre)
twitter.com/SFWRedditVideos

None of them need to be in movies. They are still best in comics. The pacing, long plotting, visuals, etc just can't be replicated elsewhere.

Honestly none really. DC has a huge library of potential shit to go for, but I doubt the current direction of DC will allow for any of it to come to pass. Same with FOX and X-Men. Marvel'd try it but make it bland as shit.

I'd rather see comics, all comics, razed to the ground with the inevitable capeshit movie bubble burst. Let Marvel and DC rebuild with a new look, a new sound, new creators from fucking anywhere (yes, even YA books), new ideas that aren't just lazy crosspromotional bullshittings.

At this point I don't know what it'd take to pop the boner corporate entertainment has over reboots and nostalgia cash grabs, but they really need to fucking tone it down. Get hooked on another fucking meme already, it's been like 10 years already.

I honestly just wanted to see Thanos Quest and Infinity Gauntlet played straight, I've checked out expectation wise for any adaptations ever since the rumored alterations with the Black Order and other such nonsense secondary to the original's central psychological and philosophical focus.

There were admittedly some surprises from the MCU like the efforts taken for Winter Soldier to be self-contained and yet wide-spanning, and trying to rationalize a Superhero Civil War in a setting too early for it to really work, but it seems in the end regardless of these chance occurrences movies will never quite dice roll like comics do due to the much costlier risks, shorter time to work with and stricter management.

I'm sure most people who've made this sort of thing their life one way or another will make a big fuss, but I think like when Batman and Superman films originally petered out I'll have already just lost interest.

But they can gain new life with movies or animated series. New aspects, new characters, more fans.

Batman got Harley with BATS
Iron Man rose up because of the movies.
Guardians of the Galaxy havefuture as a publication because of the movies.
Superman 1978 influenced Superman so much that Richard Donner wrote comics.

IT is a pendulum movement

>implying it'll ever be fatigued

Only idiots under 30 say this. Superhero media has been around longer than you've been alive kiddo. It's not going anywhere.

We've had far more than we deserve. I remember back when pulling all these movies together as the Avengers was a fever dream.

Not necessarily a movie, but I desperately want Netflix shows for Moon Knight and She-Hulk.

Fatigued as in no more blockbusters that get media attention

It's already started, Inhumans got bumbed from big screen to small.

That's less fatigue and more nobody at Marvel entertainment wanting to humor Ike's pet project.

They also dropped the Flash and Cyborg movies

That is just internal politics and budget. They still have the first few episodes on Imax.

Visually? Having a scene like this would be amazing.

Flash isn't dropped, just having difficulties keeping a director. And Cyborg is most likely being re-tooled into a Titans movie. And those are most likely due to the incredibly poor reception of Batman v Superman.

Marvel movies still get great reception, and now thankfully Wonder Woman looks like it's going to be really good too. People aren't tired of superhero movies as a concept, but I think they're getting more discerning. It'll probably be harder to sell a mediocre movie going forward.

I'm optimistic that this will mean better cape flicks from both companies.

it would be amazing!

Kek again, that has been happening longer than you've been alive. Superhero movies aren't going anywhere. Get over it.

RED HULK

Humanoid Galactus
Plastic Man.
Superman's traditional rogues gallery.

This whole sequence looks 100x shittier looking back. This is a gorririon dollar movie from 20-fucking-12, it looks so cheap.

That's how I feel about pretty much anything at 60 FPS for film. It works for gaming, but, fuck, it looks weird on film.

>Suppose superhero movies become not viable after 2022.

Well, then I have a reason to live until then so I can see a world free of that plague.

This man knows.

As someone that just turned 30, most of you idiots have no idea how good you've got it right now. I remember when you were lucky to get some shitty wanna be Burton-esque adaptation of a literally who comic and thats ALL you got for years.

1997 gave us Batman & Robin, Spawn and Steel. 2017 is giving us Wonder Woman (which is somehow good?), Justice League, Guardians V2, the SIXTH Spidey movie and Thor 3.

In the last couple of years, we've gotten genuinely great movies out of Winter Soldier, Civil War, DoFP and Logan. Like, not good for a comic book movie, but just genuinely good. You what the only genuinely good capeshit of my childhood was? Batman Returns and if you're being generous, Lois & Clark.

Fuck you all.

Nothing good lasts forever.

for decades Cowboy movies ruled the cinemas. where are they now?

Let's just hope all of our favorite characters appear before it all ends (or changes).

I believe that the first counter-measure won't be ending superhero movies, but adapting good stories with many characters without caring about introducing each one's origins and particularities.

>Where are they now?

Are you dumb or do you just not watch movies? Hateful 8, 3:10 to Yuma, True Grit, Cowboy movies didn't go anywhere. Neither will cape movies. You just sound young and naive.

I think he meant where are they now in the sense of where is their standing in revered cinema compared to that peak.

Sure cape movies will slow down but they aren't going anywhere. One will be released at least every 3 years from now until the end of time. Sup Forums needs to get over it.

The 90s Flash TV show was pretty good too. Short, but good.

Oh god, so many.
Pic related, Blue & Gold, Moon Knight, Fantastic Four, Final Crisis and its red cover, Brainiac, so much more.

>The peak year for television Westerns was 1959, with 26 such shows airing during primetime. en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Western_(genre)

If Shazam, for example, doesn't appear in film until 2020, he won't appear at all. We will get a great adptation "Kraven's Last Hunt" and we will love it, but we won't see the Big Red Cheese.

Something peaking and something becoming not viable are two totally different statements.

Also Shazam will get his own movie. Maybe not with this generation but in the next 30-50 years for sure.

Important to remember that there are still westerns that come out sometimes.

Oh sure, it'll burst eventually, but god knows when.

Ten years ago, before the MCU ever existed, people were saying the capeshit fad was ending soon.

So who the fuck knows when it'll be over.

But characters like Spider-man, X-men, the Trinity, the truly big names, they'll always get movies no matter what the trends turn to.

Gif related, they're that level of trend-proof at this point.

People think it'll be like what happened to Westerns.

I just want to see a Superman film (or trilogy) that will be adored by critics, fans, and casual film-goers. One that is not only a visual masterpiece, but a feast for the soul, as well. One that will go down as not only one of the greatest films of all time, but one of the greatest works of art ever created.

Barring that, an adaptation of Grant Morrison's run on Animal Man.

Or crisis on infinite earths.

>Moon Knight
I'd rather a Netflix series with a generous budget for Konshu.

Isn't Netflix budget worse than CW?

Well less, rather worse, but I would assume so as CW needs a bigger budget for all their effects whereas Netflix doesn't.

Multiple citations in this thread:

1 - Brainiac, 2 - Moon Knight, 3 - DC Crisis events (final or infinite Earths), 4 - Infinity Gauntlet with visuals.

I want to see Atomic Robo or Next Wave get a movie. Something that needs a big budget but is still outlandish as fuck. But in general like average Cape stuff, I'm kind of burnt out already.

>I need validation of my taste

Fucking idiot.

MoS was fine. Stop trying to get validation from the jews in the media and normies

>but one of the greatest works of art ever created.
You're delusional.