Why the fuck there hasn't been an ambitious western CGI film that's not just "aimed for children" ?

Why the fuck there hasn't been an ambitious western CGI film that's not just "aimed for children" ?

I mean we could totally do that, most of the gaming studios have really decent CGI teams and it's already been done in the east several times (With the Appleseed or Final Fantasy Movies) so what's our excuse ?

Other urls found in this thread:

youtube.com/watch?v=gi3wV8ebogQ
youtu.be/cFdDle4BzRM
twitter.com/SFWRedditVideos

Because studio executives would have a stroke if anybody made a non-child, non-comedy animated film.

Transformers

Are you retarded?

You know that's not what OP meant.

Its flashy, but expensive, so goddam expesive and complicated, time consuming. Rendering the whole thing would be a nightmare. Your favorite cinematics are 3 minutes long tops, probably took weeks to render... 20 minute long episodes would take MONTHS to render, maybe a year. Seriously not worth it.

But I would do it if I had the chanse.

Avatar is basically what he meant.

Are you all retarded or do you purposely misinterpret what I say to prove a point ?

Do you even know what a fucking CGI feature is ? because if you think these examples are relevant then very fucking movie since 2008 would be considered pure CGI

Pic related is shit but is the kind of movie I'm talking about

The only worthwhile thing to come out of this film was the Thriller video.
youtube.com/watch?v=gi3wV8ebogQ

Beowulf literally is 100% CGI you boob.

Beowulf is a CGI film for adults, dumbass. Just because it wasn't any good doesn't mean it doesn't count.

Does this count?

I imagine there's usually cold feet about making a "cartoon movie" aimed at an older demographic without making it explicitly mature, like Sausage Party.

I still think they should have CG'd the humans to be slightly smaller than the orcs.

Well kind of, Literally only the human actors are really live action.

Beowulf is 100% CGI

what is the hobbit?

memes aside beowulf is the only one i remember
and those FF ones

No, unfortunately. Though the Orc bits were really good.

As much as it'd have been even longer to make, it'd would've been visually better if they made it 100% CG. The Human bits threw it off.

And it's kinda retarded because a lot of the 'real' scenes for the Humans looked fake (I'm looking at you, skirmish in Elwynn Forest scene). They would've looked a little better if some or all of the outdoors scenes were actually done on location instead of a soundstage.

>what is the hobbit?

Live action. Just because based-Azog was 100% CG doesn't mean the whole movie was.

>based-Azog
Is this a meme or something?

everything was cgi on that movie

>based-Azog
nicely memed

The cinematic in your pic took over a year to make and a shitload of money.

>Blizzard will never make a full CGI movie with a proper director and writer

Dumbass

Fucking idiot.

as a huge FF fag that's a bad movie to use as an example at least go with Advent Children or Kingsglaive. The CGI Resident Evil movies are great though, better than the live action ones

>everything was cgi on that movie

Everything except for the big battle scenes, Bolg, Azog, Beorn in bear form, the Goblins, Worgs and Eagles were live action.

Your image doesn't prove your point. Bag-end was an actual set. They just greenscreened McKellen in on a smaller set because he needed to look twice the size as everyone else.

>based-Azog
>nicely memed

>Implying he didn't steal every scene he was in.
CG or no, he was entertaining as fuck to watch.

Beowulf, OP.

well we got that cartoon about hotdogs trying to get high and fuck things

>or do you purposely misinterpret what I say to prove a point ?

This is Sup Forums, so yeah.

I don't know dude, I'd say it's probably because the lack of actual studios who would do this. Like the individual talent doesn't exist in it's own independent form. You said it yourself, these games have great GCI but they're part of a large studio that is running things for them.

So someone's basically going to have to make the production company first and get the talent and then get a good project worthy of investment going.

Either that or segway into it by being a studio and doing someone else's franchise's work. I'd love to see a 100% CGI super hero film from DC or Marvel or Image. Just to let the creators be as creative as possible without restrictions traditional filmmaking would come with.

Yeah that's my complaint with CGI, they've become so reliant on it that it makes everything around it look obviously faked.

>they've become so reliant on it that it makes everything around it look obviously faked.

But it was obviously fake around the Human actors as well. It looked so well before the Orcs even stepped in.

Because they always do badly, and get tons of parents complaining that the cartoon wasn't kid friendly enough, since the west generally still considers them as children's stuff. Kids also generally don't like them either, so there's no audience to be had.

youtu.be/cFdDle4BzRM

>this never got any funding from studios because "there's no audience for cartoony horror or an old man and young girl protagonist

>not even a year later the telltale walking dead games make a gorillion dollars

Why are vidya companies so much more open to good ideas than animated film companies?

At least there's still The Goon, right?