So, hey. I'm going to my first ever comic convention this weekend

So, hey. I'm going to my first ever comic convention this weekend.

Are there like, any rules I should keep in mind? Any thing I should do, or maybe not do? Uncharted territory for me here.

Don't touch anything or anyone.

You´re gonna regret this so FUCKING HARD

don’t steal shit
don’t loiter
don’t stalk cosplayers or con guests
take a bath and wear deodorant
also this

wizard world philly?

make sure you bring money.
don't be creepy to cosplayers (follow them around, make sexual comments, take pictures without asking).
if you walk up to an artists' booth acknowledge them in some way, even if you don't buy anything, don't just look at what they have and then walk away.

make sure you bring money, these things essentially are just giant stores, if you're not planning on buying, you'll get bored quick.

Out of curiosity, how different are comic cons and gaming cons? I've only ever been to the latter and they're a mindblowingly good time.

Yes, actually.

Don't be you, Boco.

Don't bother. Sup Forums can't help you.

There's the boring part and the terrible part.

The boring part is the actual "con". Oh boy there is some overpriced shit for sale. Oh boy some asshole talks for 30 minutes about nothing. Who fucking cares.

Then there's the terrible part, where you drink alcohol in someone's hotel party and wake up next to a girl with more than two hair colors, more than two identified genders, and more than two STDs.

Boring or terrible, it's your call.

nice, its the only one I've been to.

they don't have much in the way of programming (panels and such) outside of some q&a with actors, so its really whatever is happening on the showfloor is what there is.

Do they have toys?

yea.

the floor is divided into 3 sections really.

1/3 is all booths selling toys and comics and related merchandise.

1/3 is "artist;s alley", which has maybe a dozen professional artists (Art Adams, JG Jones, Dean Haspiel, Ben Templesmith, Rob Liefeld, and the guy who created The Crow will be there this year) and then a bunch of fan artists'

last section is all the celebrities and the photo op area.

I hope Art Adams is there when I go. His Godzilla covers are legendary.

pretty sure hes there all weekend.
generally its just the celebrities who are only there specific days.

I always go to meet famous people but then I drop my spaghetti when I meet them and feel dumb afterwards. I gotta write down questions to ask them next time so I'll have something prepared beforehand. Last one I went to though I met Tom King and he was super cool, he asked what I did and was super easy to talk to. Also if they have any panels by comic creators I always find those way more fun than just going around shopping or watching cosplayers ham it up.

Boco in public...

Someone find him. Free us.

This. And remember to shut the fuck up, Boco.

1. BATHE
2. DON'T TOUCH ANYONE
3. NO SERIOUSLY, KEEP YOUR HANDS OFF OTHER PEOPLE. IT SEEMS OBVIOUS BUT NERDS DO NEED TO BE TOLD THIS
4. KEEP EBAY AVAILABLE ON YOUR PHONE TO PRICE CHECK THINGS YOU WANT TO BUY
5. IF YOU SEE MIKE MIGNOLA, TELL HIM I SAID "SORRY"
6. COSPLAYERS LOVE IF YOU TAKE PICTURES, BUT DO NOT FUCKING TOUCH THEM

Please, just wear deodorant. That's all I ask of convention goers.

Save your cash and head to the artist gallery. Look for unknown but great artists, get some good art out it.