What did Sup Forums think of RWBY Volume 4?

What did Sup Forums think of RWBY Volume 4?

Filler: the season
"There was a fucking train?!"- loyal fans

Monty is dead, and this show should have gone with him.

Not enough Neo
Too much Blake

Best boy Jaune finally embraces his Dark Souls destiny.

MISERY AND PAIN FOR ALL.

Blake is worst girl

Too much Juane/10

a trash cake topper on 4 layers of more trash cake

Awful, volume 5 better be worth it.

Only redeeming part of V4

Jaune's got a solid core. Must've worked in his arms too. And his glutes.
You are now picturing Jaune looking backwards into a mirrors while flexing his ass.

catmilf was the best part

Gave up after the 4th episode... That's because a certain magi-girl (about to get cucked 'til kingdom come) is around the corner.

What's his endgame?

To continue to be delightful.

it was fine but not as bad as others make it out to be

Jacques and Whitley get usurped by Winter and Weiss.
Klein retires to an island in Menagerie.
Hires bankrupt Jacques to be his servant.

took too fucking long to get one episode plot done

pretty harsh for Whitley, he is just a kid

Hit me with your craziest theories

Adam is the son of Salem and Qrow.

Ruby is Qrow's father

Whitley is young.
He's got tons of time to find his place in the world.

Everyone will die like how the character they're based off die, and I mean everyone.

Whatever.

Make with the cute lesbians already.

Okay Satan

Klein is Satan confirmed

>White Rose
The worst taste, absolute garbage.

He'll find Jaune and they'll get happily married.

He IS going to be the gay, isn't he?

I bet he is.

Would love it if he did turn out to be the gay one

What happens if you try to snort dust?

Depends on the dust I'd assume

Gravity dust must really fuck you up

Too much going on

I love shittykitty

Ozpin is the true evil antagonist.

Current Ruby is summer after a traumatic brain injury she received in an accident that killed the original ruby. Summer now thinks she is ruby and everyone goes along with it.

Speaking of Summer, when will we actually find out anything about her? She's the only member of team STRQ we know fuck all about.

Ruby is the daughter of Qrow and Taiyang

Who knows, I vaguely remember Monty mentioned something about how Summer literally just exists to fill the grave.

>Qrow and Taiyang
But how

Because Taiyang, that's how.

Underwhelming. Especially after Volume 3. Not without merits though. The Nora and Ren backstory was good, definitely the high point of the Volume.

Unfortunately, the fights are still suffering without Monty's absolute mad man tendencies. But beyond that, the story is a messing. Pacing issues all over the place. Yang's recovery arc is, to be frank, an insult to both her as a character and the audience. For one of the main four characters, she did not get nearly enough screentime to make that work.

As a more personal gripe, I hate that the Volume 4 confirmed Weiss' mother was alive and then did nothing with her. They didn't even give her a name for crying out loud. Even when Weiss was learning how to summon, she didn't show up. Despite knowing how to summon according to Winter. What was even the point? And they modeled even cruddier Neptune instead. Who served practically no purpose and will probably never show up again.

Also, even though Qrow's semblance is feeding into my pet theory of S+Q=R, it's still freaking stupid compared to how we've seen semblances work in the past.

Monty hadn't decided who was in the grave in Red Trailer. It's Jeff Williams, the composer/songwriter for the show, who suggested the grave contain Ruby's mother

>Qrow's semblance is feeding into my pet theory of S+Q=R
Eh I feel this volume pretty well knocked that theory away, mostly with how Qrow talked to Raven over Yang. I feel he may in some way just be connected to Summers death.

I'm kind of banking on the broken pedestal kind of hypocrite angle with Qrow, for the theory to work to be honest. (Although it's mostly because the bad luck charm thing gives me a reason for why there'd be distancing to begin with)

Of course, I'm only behind the theory out of spite and the thought of STRQ going full soap opera amusing me. So no big loss there either way.

I wouldn't doubt that Qrow was involved in Summer getting killed. Either through working for the person who ordered her to her death (Ozpin) or being on the mission with her or whatever.

Wish they'd use the shitty animated adventure animation in the show again

I feel as if using it too much would kill the gag.

Yeah but it was only used once

True.

Why does everyone hate us

Because we're a haven for funposting, fetishposting, off-topic discussion, and other stupidity?

no

Because the show looks like anime but belongs on Sup Forums and is incredibly popular despite being so mediocre

It's true though. That Post Volume 2 hiatus was real, man.

Also, this.

>Introduce terrifying new grim
>Give it an unsettling appearance and mannerisms
>Give it freaky powers
>Have it destroy one of the main character's hometowns and kill his family
>Have the same main character kill it an episode after it is introduced without it killing or seriously hurting anyone

I like the fight scenes in RWBY but I wish the Grimm didn't job to even the weakest hunters/huntresses. It completely sucks the tension out of the series.

It was the same with that finale when the White Fang let a bunch of em into the city. They cleaned all the Grim up with no trouble at all. Glinda wasn't even scared or upset - she looked more irritated than anything else.

It was so obviously them trying to get away from the shitheap of Monty;s ideas it's not even funny.

The only interesting thing to pop out of it is the gay shit with Jaune suddenly picking up due to the hug and him being revealed to be a hardbody.

You just described Sup Forums and Sup Forums in one sentence

Probably not

Haven would imply it's majorly approved, I'll give you shitposting and general stupidity but off-topic shit isn't taken well and fetishposting is only really tolerated in /trash/

I don't mind that the Nuck managed to go out without killing any of them. Personally, I'm more bothered by it being Wacky Waveable Arm Flailing Tube Grimm and sucking out all the menace it presented as a result.

>Glinda wasn't even scared or upset - she looked more irritated than anything else.

To be fair, Glynda seems pretty OP. She goes up against half maiden Cinder and holds her own easily.

>tfw Glynda will probably never show up again on account of RT and Kathleen's continuing feuds

Feels bad, man.

Anything that gets a general is shat on, nobody likes generals. People disliking RWBY is a cherry on top of that.

I'd argue there's been times where both of those were fairly common, but I suppose those days might be behind us. So, I'll concede the point.

Then why is gravity falls still on here. There supposed to send shows that are done or in hiatus to /trash/

Mpreg is a hell of a drug

The wacky arms would have been awesome if it had actually used them.

>tfw not grabbing Jaune at a distance and swinging him around in a vertical arc while simultaneously shortening the arm, accelerating the swing and ultimately whipping him into the ground at break-neck speeds.

I hate how weak the Grimm really are, we are told to treat them like some major threat to all of humanity, but we see them go down pretty goddamn fast, same shit with how Roman got eaten by a grimm, to really beat it in how much of a threat the grimm are, only for that same grimm to get One-shot killed and blown up by Ruby five seconds later.

The treatment the Nuckelavee got was absolute bullshit, it existed for over ten years in that area, destroyed countless lives, and nobody thought to kill it, not a single experience trained huntsman or team of graduated huntsman were brought out to kill that damn thing.

Instead it goes down to a team of barely trained second year huntsman within a day, maybe even within an hour, and all of them come out of that without a scratch, without looking like they just fought a rare grimm for their lives.

The Nuckelavee deserved better than this shit.

Yeah. Most of the time it just stood there. You kind of get the impression it can't get the horse parts and the rider parts to work at the same time or something. So, no sick Super Skrull supers here. Most unfortunate.

The gay shit with Jaune is the best thing to come out of the fourth volume.

>I hate how weak the Grimm really are, we are told to treat them like some major threat to all of humanity,
From the beginning of the show they were glorified cannon fodder for Monty to have fun with.

That hug launched so much goddamn homolust for Jaune, it's wonderful.

>Encouraging more self-insert faggotry
>in any way a good thing

I'm going to start censoring the pictures from the /y/ thread so they can be posted on worksafe boards.

The train will keep on rolling.

Yes I want more gay shit with Jaune, cry about it some more.

You don't jerk it to homoshit?

Don't care jerking it.

I know they were just fodder for Monty to have fun with, it's just annoying that we're supposed to treat them as threats when they are so much *not* given threatening treatment in canon.

This argument is just going to keep repeating when the general comes back in the Fall, I can already tell.

Raven is cute, but she had no business in this Volume. She deserved better than to have her first canon appearance be vague foreshadowing.

Doing Gods work.

No, you misunderstand. I don't give a shit about you being a cock-hungry gay.

The faggotry here is being a self-inserting faggot, not being a homosexual one. The latter is whatever. The former is fucking cancer.

>t's just annoying that we're supposed to treat them as threats
You're the one making yourself treat them that way.

Despite them being the barrier to the world being so small, at no point in the series are grimm ever the actual threat.

They're always used as an indication of the actual threat getting the upper hand.

Her first canon appearance in Volume 2 was also vague foreshadowing though.

But she is QT, yes.

He understands perfectly well, it's just that unlike the straightfags, the gayfags don't care what people think of them.

Kinda makes sense when you think about it. Straights haven't had the lifetime of undeserved hatred to get over that gays typically have.

At this point are you just falseflagging to get the gay posting going?

The gay posting isn't like Greatcows shitty commisions. Pointing out some flaw in them doesn't discourage it. It just encourages it if anything.

I like Greatcow's commissions...

But them being the barrier keeping the world so small would imply they are a threat of some kind, yes?

>All the gay smut has been always caused by someone shitting on it.
>Do the shitting anyway.
Are you retarded or do you want more gay stuff?

Because that'll get not banned on /trash/ so start there.

>But them being the barrier keeping the world so small would imply they are a threat of some kind, yes?
The way the rocky mountains are a threat.

Are you retarded or did you just feel the need to voice an unrelated opinion?

Will there ever be a quality RWBY game, or is Grimm Eclipse going to be all we get?

rocky mountains dont attack in packs and flocks that want you fucking dead because you felt really depressed that day

How is it unrelated? He called them shitty, I felt the need to point out that some people feel otherwise.

You just described the rocky mountains.

The Rocky Mountains don't actively try to wipe out humanity.

there's that cute mobile game that got team RWBY, Pyrrha and Nora in it, I think it's past the point you can get them though