I'm just gonna leave this here

I'm just gonna leave this here

Who are these characters for? Kids don't read comics

People who miss childhood I guess

My 11 year old nephew was obsessed with Seinfeld for awhile and watched all of the episodes in Hulu I think.

This would be such a great goddamn lineup if Mark Waid hadn't gone insane.

Libraries

They should just give the comic to Loveness and have Pichelli draw it.

Kidclops?
How are they gonna fuck him over?
I missed this

This comic, man, this comic is as big of a mess as Ridley Scott's Alien: Covenant.

Wow how modern are the O5 X-men. Weren't they pulled form the 60s? I don't read marvel.

More like pulled from the 90s it seems. Turns out they weren't pulled from the past, but were pulled from the past of an alternate reality.

Isn't Cho much older than them by now.

Sliding timescale baby, it's an official aspect of their universe.

Yeah but lol continuity.

he's 19

They arrived from September 10th, 2001.

It makes perfect sense to have grown up watching Seinfeld, given that timeline.

Huh wow they are modern, or maybe i'm just getting old

They were pulled from 1963 in Bendis' run. But capeshit refuses to age out characters so in steps sliding continuity.

You know, with all the crazy science and magic going on in the Marvel Universe, they could just bump up the average life span from mid-70s to easily around 100+ years.

I mean shit, the Altmer in ES live for hundreds of years simply because some God told them to take shorter strides when they walk.

>They were pulled from 1963 in Bendis' run.

Some of the art alluded to that idea, but nothing stated in the comic itself ever explicitly made that clear. To do so would be to invite the discussion of why the characters are now eighty years old in the modern timeframe, which of course they would never do.

Just one of the many incomprehensible inconsistencies of that story.

How many teams of "new generation of heroes" have there been at this point?

>Seinfeld

You know Waid... There's no shortage of sitcoms from the 1960s that would've made this joke land harder

Seems to me like they were just setting up a LOL 9/11 joke here

I think Beast said "the sixties" once

Good going Ms. Party-pooper

I'm 24 and whenever I tell people one of my favorite shows is Seinfeld they give me the same look as well

Christ, I'm only 19 and I still grew up watching a shit-ton of Seinfeld reruns. So did all of my friends who are two years younger than me.
Waid is so out of touch that his attempt to make a character seem out of touch just makes him look even more out of touch.

I think its very much an east coast thing for Seinfeld, everyone I know in the west coast has never even seen a single episode

How come Kamala is the only one that keeps her identity secret from everyone else?

Really?
Do they not have any local stations airing Seinfeld? I imagine any NBC affiliate would use it to fill holes in the schedule.

Either way, this is irrelevant as most of the characters here live in fucking NEW YORK. THE ONE PLACE ABOVE ALL WHERE SEINFELD WOULD STILL BE BIG.

>everyone I know in the west coast has never even seen a single episode

I don't think you looked hard enough

>Do they not have any local stations airing Seinfeld?

Not him but they did used to air it in syndication. I haven't watched regular TV in a long while so I don't know if they're still doing so but if they still are, it'd mean that other user you were talking to doesn't talk to enough people.

Oi, stupid synth cunt just spoiled me Vision mini series.

Also at least young clops got to have good comedy.

Well actually Sam and Amadeus are both from Arizona, Viv never grew up, and Kamala is from New Jersey

Who the fuck knows what shows Miles remembers watching in the Ultimate Universe

I said most, not all. Besides, New Jersey is just New York's retarded cousin.

Sam's an idiot
Viv doesn't have one
Cho doesn't have one
Everyone knows who Cyke is
Only Miles should really have his mask on.

So at best Kamala and Miles might have watched it

And neither of them commented

is miles turning a little more african every issue?
he doesnt look latino at all anymore

Presumably an effect of having his past stitched into the fabric of Earth 616; bits and pieces of his timeline, including his ethnicity, get a little frayed around the edges as a result of friction between his actual origins and those which Owen Reece provided him with.

I Love Lucy and Gilligan's Island are even better examples of things that kept getting rerun back in the 90's.

But his parents have the exact same ethnicity as before.

I guess he's adopted now or something? The result of infidelity? Reece works in mysterious ways!

I feel like most afro-latinos look way way more black than they do latin

The one drop rule exists for a reason.

>Sam's an idiot
Hey he is the one to solve their retarded problems with the bad guys in the last arc with the most obvious and simple solution.

>>Kids don't read comics
Little girls do, just not Marvel.

I really hope Loveness gets a new book with Nova cancelled

That's right, only white people like Seinfeld.

I remember when my brother got me to see Seinfeld episodes...which were unfortunately some of the last episodes of the show.

So, the best way to get kid audiences is by making the whole marvel into a little girl fantasy?

That whole page is clearly an edit, is the date actually real though?

Nope. Bendis at various times made it look/sound like they came from the 60s even though it made no sense and other writers, like Waid in the OP, just have it be at some point 13 or 14 years ago.

Miles just loves taking his mask off

Just like peter parker.

I'm pretty sure they all know who she is right?

>Kids don't read comics
>Kids don't watch cartoons
>I'm exceptional and nihilistic with a wicked sense of humor

go meme yourself

>I imagine any NBC affiliate would use it to fill holes in the schedule.
that's not how syndication works

Being pulled from '63 wouldn't make sense to begin with. I mean they're teens, right? So that would mean that the "real" O5 would be like 70 years old. More likely Bendis just doesn't get how the whole sliding timeline thing works.

It's moot anyway since they're from an alternate dimension now and not just from the past, but still.

Reminder that Victor died for this cunt.