Sup Forums characters that started out as huge threats but degenerated into jobbers to demonstrate how strong others...

Sup Forums characters that started out as huge threats but degenerated into jobbers to demonstrate how strong others are?

Other urls found in this thread:

onepiece.wikia.com/wiki/SBS_Volume_43
twitter.com/NSFWRedditVideo

not that I'm complaining but One Piece is considered Sup Forums now? Plus isnt it more of a Japanese style to make big threats become jobbers? I mean in all things that is western comics big threats ussually stay big threats.

he was never considered strong by the actually strong. Why do you think he's just a captain guarding the entrance from the East Blue ie the weakest ocean of them all?

Because he mouthed off to superiors too much. This was actually stated.

Wolverine

General Grievous.

think about it.

Smoker had a reputation for being a character Luffy could never defeat and always had to run away from. The same guy that could take on a Warlord and basically god (Enel) among other people.

Now look at him.

Anything with logia powers is pretty high tier by default quite frankly.

Galactus would be said to be a jobber, and they wouldn't be wrong, he's a big threat and all but when there's thirteen to a dozen of characters that can whoop him around the threat is kinda null.

blame Haki for that

He was never said to be able to take on Enel
Luffy got fucking lucky taking on Enel, as Enel is (usually) top tier

Superman

but that doesn't stop him from being a huge threat because there are other beings that exists.
Jobber means he's no longer a threat to a main cast and story.

Superman has to job or he can't be interesting.

>as Enel is (usually) top tier

Oda himself said that Enel wouldn't be worth a shit in the New World in and there are plenty of people that could stomp him even without Luffy being a hard-counter.

People keep saying this but since Haki is around and luffy said there were stronger guys on the blue sea than Enel.

>Oda himself said that Enel wouldn't be worth a shit in the New World
I recall hearing the opposite, that he'd be worth a whole fucking lot. But sure, there are more people that can beat him than there are fingers and toes to count, doesn't mean that he can't whoop them back. Logia is next to always high tier, and a high tier logia makes you a werewolf amongst wolves from the get go.

From the SBS:

onepiece.wikia.com/wiki/SBS_Volume_43

D: Question!! If God Enel were to descend to the Blue Sea, how much would his bounty be? Also, what would happen if he did that? Would he rule the Blue Sea? P.N. Gorozoro

O: I see. Interesting question. Knowing how tricky he would be to beat, I'd imagine he could reach as much as Beli500,000,000. Luffy was lucky to be rubber. But like Luffy said, there all sorts of even crazier guys down on the Blue Sea. Enel would NOT rule it.

He said he "might" reach 500 mil, and we already have bounties far surpassing that after the timeskip.

We need a general thread for that guy

this
supes had the issue of being god and nothing could really beat him but a rock and other radiation.

ok there is one.

Oda just said that Enel wouldn't conquer the seas. He'd be a pretty big deal, just not the biggest deal like he was in Skypeia.

It's interesting, Logia is basically god mode and hugely powerful, but the really dangerous people in OP mostly have another type DF or none at all, with the exception of Blackbeard. I guess most logia users become to reliant on their powers and then don't improve themselves as fast as others

How did this guy go from a monster swordsman that could take on like five Jedi at once to always losing his hand and pulling a gun from his sleeve?

Oda said he'd be trickey, I would put him among the worst generation tier.

I could make one.

>wanted price indicates power levels
top lel

pretty much, or they are that much harder to employ Haki with, maybe that's how Ace died, Akainu used Haki lava to punch a hole in ace. That would make more sense than fire logia just stopped working because of Lava.

Even among the Logia class, Enel's fruit is known as one of the "invincible" devil fruit powers.

You have to really know what you're doing to be able to fuck with him.

>hurr bounties are meaningless

Stop with this. Bounties may not be a direct representation of power all the time so you have people like Buggy and Usopp who get slapped with high bounties not because of their individual strength but because of their charisma and followers. Or people like Robin who are wanted because of their ability to read the Poneglyphs. But strong people clearly tend to have higher bounties in pretty much every other case. They're based on how much of a threat a person is to the WG and general public whether it be because of their own personal power or because of knowledge they have or forces they control.

If they consider a guy that can literally destroy entire islands to only be worth 500 mil then clearly they feel they could handle him easily. It's not like Enel was a master genius or anything and he doesn't have any knowledge that would be detrimental to the world order or the WG's image. His bounty would be based purely on his power level, and being a Logia wouldn't even mean shit since everyone worth a damn knows Haki these days. He doesn't even have the strongest Kenbunshoku Haki, anymore and probably doesn't even have CoA Haki either, meaning he'd be fucked against any Admiral.

Ace made himself solid, stopped using his powers in order to protect

the cartoon isn't canon

Or just punch him with CoA Haki.

I guess the only roadblock would be getting close to him since he can nuke people from far away using his Haki, but in close range what is he going to do against someone with Haki? It's not like his speed or hand-to-hand combat is especially impressive. Pre-Gear, Pre-Haki Luffy was handling him like a ragdoll. He'd probably go down hard to even a non-Logia like Lucci once they got close.

>idiots now think that Haki automatically makes you stronger than someone without it

I want speed readers to leave.

But thats the thing, there are tons of people like that in the new world. Remember there is an island that rains lighting?

that does make more sense.

Nah. Logia are still OP as fuck if the user isn't a moron. They said that there are basically two kind of people with Logia. You have those that get one and assume they're invincible because they haven't ran into anyone that knows their weakness or can use Haki before. And then there are those that actually know what the fuck they're doing and how to deal with Haki.

Crocodile, the Admirals, and Smoker were all able to survive Haki-imbued attacks because Logia can still make themselves intangible at will to dodge things even if their opponent is using Haki. Crocodile and Akainu both got their heads cut off by people using Haki and just reformed themselves safely.

>But thats the thing, there are tons of people like that in the new world.

You mean like the Sui Sui fruit?

no one said that, they were pointing out that Enel wouldnt be as invincible as he was on sky island.

what weighs more a kilogram of steel or a kilogram of feathas?
that's right steel because steel weighs more.

That wasn't the point at all. The point was that in close combat Enel isn't anything special and would only have his Logia's intangibility to fall back on. There are multiple people who are shown to be faster and better than him at close combat, and without the "haha you can't hurt me" perk he has nothing else to fall back on. His only chance would be nuking people from far away like he used to do in Skypeia, but that's not going to do shit against another Logia. Even Raigo could only be used by being channeled through Maxim. He'd get fucked by someone like Kizaru, or hell even Marco.

He actually would have some degree of invulnerability. Do people forget that Enel had a flying warship that could destroy entire islands?

Like, what could they do even do about that. If he decided to just blow up Whole Cake Island for example, it's not like Big Mom could fly up to him.

what does a warship have to do with his invincibility? remember there are people who can float, like Carrot or sky walk like sanji. CP has a whole group of people who can jump on air.

Raigo took a fair amount of prep time and I'm pretty sure they'd notice if a giant flying ship suddenly appeared in the sky charging lightning. Even if he managed to do a sneak attack and take one island down, that would certainly put him on the Government's radar and they'd have someone like Fujitora meteor the ship before it could do it again.

oh yeah and we just found out about Germa 99 who has flight capabilities.

Slade
The Thing

People doubting Enel will just have to wait some years before he makes his inevitable badass return.

Oda doesn't forget what he writes and there's a lot unexplained about Enel's cover story.

No one is putting Enel in the jobber corner, but no is putting him in the yonkai level either. People are saying he wouldn't reck shop as much as people think, but he would put up a good fight.

Rusev
Undertaker

Zeus has been shown to be able to carry people. They also said that Big Mom is capable of destroying entire islands with Prometheus and Zeus. Considering what we've seen of her so far so would probably be able to tank Enel's island buster, then fly up there on Zeus and slap his shit.

>oda himself says there are many people that would be stronger than enel if he came to earth and he would not rule it at all
>enel is a god. y-you'll see...

I like Enel, but I don't understand why people overrate him so much.

after destroying half of the giant village and killing the an elder leader of the giants at the age of 5. Now fully grown and has A Sun and Lightning cloud that could destroy an entire island. Holy shit, bigMom is fucking scary.

Why do most manga villains always have to 1-up, the last villain?

Is luffy in a video game? He need to fight all bosses in order to be king of the pirates?

He was a really cool character inappropriately introduced in a shitty arc and when power levels were very different in a very different time for a story.

By different, I mean how Crocodile got whipped by Luffy comically spitting water at him but could later shittalk and duel Doflamingo, a guy who was so powerful the writing itself had to be twisted to have him beaten.

>shit casuals say

>Doflamingo, a guy who was so powerful the writing itself had to be twisted to have him beaten

I felt kind of bad for Doffy. Literally everything that could go wrong did go wrong for him. And not because he got cocky or made mistakes or anything, but the writing was simply against him just so the good guys could win.

japanese shonen manga is built like a video game.

>He was a really cool character inappropriately introduced in a shitty arc
says you Enel fag

The Pirate King is straight out considered the strongest pirate at the time on top of having One Piece. There are multiple people vying for the title. How else are they supposed to decide who's the stronger without beating the shit out of each other?

casual to supes?
yeah I am, I know about his recent shit and the addition of more superman powerful characters but before looking before he was just absurdly powerful. He shot rainbows for christ sake.

Tried making a General Grievous thread, but it died pretty quickly.
Welp, I tried.

he was too strong for his own good and I get the feeling Oda realized that somewhere during his outrageously long fight.

Like when Luffy threw him into the mountain, you'd think that was the end, but then he just smiles, fully establishes a new power level to DFs, and has to be punched into the center of the earth to finally be beaten.

And not long after, he's still alive somehow...

don't be too hard on yourself, we stuck in this jobbers thread with disagreement on Enel. You were fighting an up hill battle.

What, who has the strongest observation haki? I'm pretty sure Enel's covers the largest area.

Being defeated is just as bad as dying in one piece terms. This is what Oda said, he makes dying a permanent thing for the exceptions of zombies and Brooke.

His was pretty crazy, but gold Rodgers was way better he could hear the sea kings speak.

One of Big Mom's children can use their Haki to literally see into the future. Though it seems to have the weakness so far in that if too much shit happens at the same exact time it doesn't work fully because it can't keep up with rapid changes. But one-on-one he's basically Psycho Mantis.

that and he can't stop shit from happening every time.

I mean to be fair, he is just one person. He saw what they were planning before it happened and tried to warn Big Mom, but then like 50 things happened at the same time and you can only do so much when you're one guy.

>Dragon ball Goku lost against strong humans on more than one occasion
>Raditz nearly beat the Z fighters single handily
>Vegeta & Nappa are 10 times stronger than him
>Freeza is hundreds of times stronger than them
>Cell is thousands of times stronger than him
>Buu is hundreds of thousands of times stronger than him
>Goku is almost on par with actual gods now

Is Dragon Ball the worst offender of power scaling?

The power level disparity between pre and post-timeskip is one of OP's biggest flaws.

Remember when people thought pic related was the biggest badass? He looks like a faggot now.

Timeskip almost seemed like the beginning of the end of OP, most arks haven't been too good and the characters have even less time to show of now, so they are flanderised. At least the current ark is great
Has a timeskip ever worked out great? I can't think of any instance

Nigga got a promotion and is now working for an even more super secret section. He probably got stronger over the timeskip as well.

And I don't see how he looks like a faggot even taking the current power-levels into mind. He was one of the few people to go toe to toe with a fully serious, pissed off Luffy without any real gimmicks or fancy tricks. They just slugged it out for the most part. There hasn't been another Zoan user on his level yet either not counting Mystic shit like Marco.

well yeah it's almost like they invented it.

That one punk island, the one they visited after fish man island. That was awesome.

promoted for losing to a pirate, that seems ass backwards but it's one piece, ass backwards could be a devil fruit power.

>dragonball

so what's wrong with 17 getting stronger?

they say meditation is key for good training.

You get that from a watchmojo list?
Try reading a comic

>superman is the only comic
now who is being the casual.

you could have at least googled it you lazy fuck

If the writers were fair and didn't have a hate boner for either characters, could Batman feasibly ever defeat Superman

and dis

sure, I mean batman would exploit superman's weakness like a mother fucker.

assuming they didnt write superman like a retard? No.

>in a lot of stories, superman actually gives batman kryptonite in order to stop him
>he's perfectly aware that he's weak to kryptonite
>batman somehow still manages to sneak it up to him and shove it down his throat
Everything in superman's powerset just says there's no way batman should even be able to touch supes and yet here we are, superman is down on the ground while batman is kissing his green glowing rock

That's a fairly common trope although I can only think of a couple off the top of my head:

>Inferno from Beast Wars
>Hak Fu from Jackie Chan's adventures

Usually they're the most threatening new character, then they become comic relief in all subsequent appearances because their toughness and seriousness makes them fodder for jokes.

Yes because writers being fair means writers honestly writing each character and Superman would never nuke Batman from orbit with heat vision just like Batman would never kill Superman outright and so it comes down to Superman trying to use just enough power to bring Batman to heel while Batman tries to do the same to Superman.

Tien is awesome

in the end that is where they belong

this

Is there a story where Superman or a Superman expy just decided "fuck it" and used their powers to have the world (if not universe itself) at their mercy?

And the logical conclusion of almost no one being able to stop their reign of terror coming to fruition?

Smoker was more of a preview of things to come once the Straw Hats get to the Grand Line. A place where Devil Fruit Users are a lot more common, remember that Buggy, Smoker and eventually Alvida where the only Devil Fruit user Luffy encounter in the East Blue.

Injustice

>so it comes down to Superman trying to use just enough power to bring Batman to heel
except writers always make superman lose his powers before batman even pulls out the kryptonite
>bruce, i can see you have a lead-lined box in your belt
>i can hear your heartbeat getting faster, bruce. dont even think about putting your hand in there
>damn it bruce. i told you not to do it. good thing i stopped you from opening that pocket with my superspeed and ice breath
>here's a walkie talkie, lets talk this over when you thaw out. i'll just be hovering 10 miles above you in the meantime

I mean, would Red Son count as this? He didn't conquer anyone forcefully, but he pretty much ruled almost the entire world and ran it himself personally. No one could stop him, even, but his own guilt and decision to step away from it all.

wasn't their a cover story about cp9 escaping the government?

we sure about that any more? I mean with the flash being over powered, the spectre even though he wouldn't stop supes so never mind him, even villians like lex?

Well, there's some theories going on like they're now a part of CP9 or Lucci is an Underworld broker now (going by a silhouette that looked similar to him that showed up during the Punk Hazard arc, where some Underworld brokers were being treated to a show of what was basically a WMD).

The Flash didn't appear in Red Son? Neither did the Spectre, for that matter. I'm just saying, it's a story where nobody could do fuck all against Superman.

Lex was the one who "defeated" Superman by showing him the error of his ways (hence Superman's aforementioned decision to "step away").