How come when Japan does gore its gruesome and surreal and when America does it it's always campy and juvenile...

How come when Japan does gore its gruesome and surreal and when America does it it's always campy and juvenile (Superjail, Metalocalypse)?

Is it too much to ask for legitimately disturbing, grotesque and bizarre American animation with no punches pulled?

Other urls found in this thread:

youtube.com/watch?v=zabYCtwAJYs
youtube.com/watch?v=E3oSg7bNxSg
twitter.com/NSFWRedditGif

Cultural differences, lad. you f/a/ggots need to go outside and realize just how niche your mindset has become.

Because when you live in a repressed, introverted ant farm disguised as a country where everyone thinks the same and feels the same then even the idea of violence and bloodshed feels surreal. Japan has like, what, 8 murders a year? And half of those are perpetrated by either giant combiner robots or samurai ghosts.

Meanwhile in America there's a chance I might get shot in the face while buying milk tomorrow. By a cop. Who will take my corpse home and rape it for hours in front of his underaged teen sex slaves before cooking me and eating me. It happened to my cousin and you're a fucking liar if you try to say it didn't happen to your cousin too. Everyone in America has a cousin whose been killed and eaten by a cop.

Americans are already used to seeing people getting shot, so violence is just funny to them.

I don't browse Sup Forums, but I watched Shoujo Tsubaki recently and thought it was inspiring. Entirely hand drawn and unapologetically demented. It strikes me as somewhat queer that America where media has a long history of glorifying violence and lax standards in regards to that only comes up with gore for comedic effect, like a teenager's notebook doodles.

The Japanese people are repressed as shit so they take out their desires, frustrations, and individuality on fictional media.
If a man who hasn't eaten in while is presented with a large amount of food will over eat while one who has regular meals will simply eat whats needed.

watch things that aren't cartoons

God bless the beautiful nation.

what if you're the cop?

Violence in a comedic cartoon is usually reaching for shock value, but cartoons can still have surreal deaths ex: amon suicide from Korea and when jack first kills one of the daughters of aku

>by a cop
user are you black

>How come when Japan does gore its gruesome and surreal
You haven't seen Another.

>and when America does it it's always campy and juvenile
Because when America thinks of cartoons, they think it's shit for dumb kids like AT or for faggots like SU, which most of the time is true.

>it's another Sup Forums is insecure about Sup Forums thread.

Oh Another, the gory deaths in there are meme-worthy, my last Edgy gory anime was Ajin youtube.com/watch?v=zabYCtwAJYs , (Actually now that I think so should Re:Zero count? sure Subaru get many gory deaths,so does other characthers but is like gore is the main plot,right?) it was either that or Akame ga Kill and for what Akame is mostly Edgyness and Shock-value so I went with Ajin

Better question is why ain't you LEO yet m8. requirements are close to non existent and even (you) can do it.

Nothing beats Higurashi scenes in being meme-worthy youtube.com/watch?v=E3oSg7bNxSg

Japan likes using it for edgy shock-value

How many times have you seen the "tiny pupils omfg this is so dark!" scene? Shit is old-hat at this point

Boy, there's a lot of silly, over the top and juvenile death sequences and violence in anime and manga. Shonen shit is FILLED with it. The 90's was either action shonen/shojo shows or ultra violent schlock like Genocyber, MD Geist and Wicked City for example. Ever seen or read Akame Ga Kill? That shit is hilariously edgy. Same shit with Elfen Lied.

Even if you had a legitimate point (Which you don't, see all of the shit other people have mentioned), you're comparing comedy series to hardcore horror.

>How come when Japan does gore its gruesome and surreal and when America does it it's always campy and juvenile (Superjail, Metalocalypse)?

You're just not reading the right comics.

If you want to talk about anime go back to your containment board

>its a stealth anime thread

FUCK OFF
U
C
K
O
F
F

Americans in general have a very childish and hypocritical culture.

I wish Suehiro Mauro would stop randomly sticking loli in his works so they could actually be sold openly in the US. The guy draws good shit.

>Complaining about anime on the website dedicated to anime and whatever non-anime things anime fans want to talk about

Costs I'm sure.

The Spawn cartoon was super over budget.
And you can't go cheap on the art and still hope to be a good horror.

Not enough corruption to become rich quick like back when Miami Vice was real