Dr. Manhattan vs Superman

Can Supes beat him?

Superman can beat anyone OP

I still can't get over that this will be an event that will be remembered for years after it ends.

Only with PIS

Yes. With the power of hope

It will not be a fight, it will be about morals

Superman gets vaporized like Zoom.

This isn't the fight I'd want to see.

Now Dr Manhattan vs Plastic Man is a true meeting of the opposites.

Can flash beat it?

No because it's the strongest speedster in fiction

No

Who?

The shrike.

That you don't know says more about you being uncultured in novels then about the shrike being more obscure then flash.

/thread

it says more about your autism that you believe this

Manhattan stomps superbitch.

Dr. Fate or Firestorm would be a better match up for Manhatten.

Supes is gonna sing to Manhattan and he's gonna drop dead.

manhattan will just rearrange the atoms in superman's genitals making superman a woman.

lol ur a retarded fag and dan simmons fucks kids

Yeah but Eel would win, so it'd be boring.

dr manhattan is basically god amazo

I don't see how anything other than The Prescence could kill Manhattan.

If he can inistagib New Gods with a thought, it isn't even fair.

But isn't the point of this story going to be that we learned from after the events of Watchmen, Manhattan created the DC World, wouldn't that mean he invented the very same magic Fate uses?

I'm still thinking Superman is gonna get blown up but brought back.

Manhattan didn't create it, he altered it.

Let's not kid ourselves. Head on battle, power for power, Manhattan wins.

Metaphorically, Manhattan can't destroy Superman. Becuase you cannot destory a good idea, let alone an idea that lead to your own creation. The idea of the superhero.

Even Lex Luthor Jr gleaned it in Infinite Crisis.
>"Everything comes from Superman."

All Superman has to do is make him say his real name backwards.

>Namresto Nahtanoj

Then he goes back to the Watchman universe.

>firestorm
captain atom is more inline with manhattans powerlevel. firestorm is weaker. Im pretty sure thats the reason that captain atom now has his old looks again.
dr fate could fight against manhattan.

>Cheese ray

I've never understood the whole butthurt discussions of character X vs character Y. Shouldn't we instead discuss who is the better character from a narrative and psychological standpoint?

Pretty sure Manhattan would beat super man if it was a fight based off who is more powerful. But since super man is probably the good guy in this story than he would win. He'd fined out the button for Manhattan is like the ring for Sauron and just defeat him that way... because comics!

If we do that Dr. Manhattan wins that hands down.

Yeah but MUH POWERLEVELS.

There's some ridiculous thing that enters into newfags heads where they think that who can beat who in comics is a fixed hierarchy, and that how good a character is is entirely dependent on where in that ladder they fall.

Doctor Manhattan created Krypton...
Even if not, Doctor Manhattan could just disintegrate him.

>My mystery-loving butt is twitching

take that, Ralph!

>Dr. Manhattan
Disillusioned by human nature and truly believes humanity can only doom itself, driven by logic.

>Superman
Embraces humanity in spite of it's flaws and believes in the good humanity is capable of, driven by faith.

"Don't you see, Kal-El? The strings that pull us? The strings that bind us? The thought that yokes us? A thought at odds with itself. So fragile. How easily it can be tipped, and I pondered what it would take for your universe to crumble under the reality of human nature, much like my own. Yet still, the thought holds you in place, desperate to believe in the creeds you hold to. The same thought doomed myself POWERLESS to save humanity, grounded in a cynical truth that by all means must be a reality. Why Kal-El? Why go on under the whims of a thought divided against itself?"

"A thought that still believes in heroes, a thought that still reaches for a better day in the face of a seemingly bitter reality, is a thought that believes in hope. It is a thought worth fighting for. A never ending battle between the urge to surrender, and the drive to fight for tomorrow, Jon. It needs us."

"You truly are a super man."

I look forward to this only so people finally realize Manhattan is not that strong. Compared to other DC heroes, he's a B-lister at best.

The best possible outcome would be if Batman meets him, says "do you bleed?", puts on some anti-atomic-bullshit gloves and just starts punching the crap out of him

we don't know jack shit at this point
we might end up with Johns' weird dongu supes gay erotica adventure on 40 pages for all we know

>Ideas are bulletproof

>Batman meets him, says "do you bleed?", puts on some anti-atomic-bullshit gloves and just starts punching the crap out of him
Waste of digits.

This. Never liked the guy, specially after killing Rors. Always wanted to see him job being on an universe where he's just another super powered being.

Either way, someone is going to where trunks after this.

t. Snyder.

Of course.

Dr Manhattans power is like a bonfire and compared Superman's power is a candle. Jack shit, fuck all could be done to defeat Dr Manhattan. Hopefully when they fight, DM will be naked so his penis and testicles will be exposed so Superman ca

I thought Candlejack only takes you if you say hi

Johns said it won't be a straight up fight, this is about cynism vs hope.

Dr. M would pop supes like a pimple just as easily as he popped Rosch.

/thread.

Without condoning or condemning. Supes will beat him.

>I thought Candlejack only takes you if you say hi

No.. He only comes if you mention th

That really depresses me. Reminds me of that let down battle at the end of Final crisis.

First, they've all ready said it's not going to be a physical fight. They most likely will just talk it out. Second, Manhattan's reality wrapping isn't even that high. He just has really powerful telekinesis. Supes has handled way worse stuff than that.

Didn't he job in the sequel?

>dubs
It means its true

both Manhattan and Superman have desintegrated people

>really powerful telekinesis
he teleports things
instantly
theres more than just telekinesis

Even with that, he's a low-rate reality wrapper at best. If I throw Doctor Fate or the Spectre at him, he's toast.

Superman undoes Manhattans nihilism

Only one person I know who can bet the both of them

>it's going to end with a hackneyed speech about muh hope
>people will defend this gutting of watchmen

Sounds like Johns writing alright.

Didn't be explode a few New Gods?

Why didn't Zoom just go back in time to kill Manhattan before he got his powers?

Because they're not from the same earth.

Kiibou da speeches are always the best user

This shitty Candlejack meme was never funny.

Fuck off loser

How about classic Dr Strange vs Dr Manhattan?

Classic Fate, please.

Same thing.

spectre would toast him, and dr fate would be a good enemy.
Still, he is way above than superman. Superman has fought reality warpers before.

he doesnt know who jon is. And jon can timetravel too.

>truly believes humanity can only doom itself
Spotted the speedreader.

That depends, Manhattan's power is "lol I'm physics" but does that protect him from this?

manhattan has Intangibility

Basically
Pic related

>Can Supes beat him?

___________35
______minutes
_________________ago

This. If it's about who can see in the future or be more prepared than the goddamn Batman, recreate his body or go faster than the Flash, it will be boring.

Dr. Manhattan is a Superman Antithesis, born human and who was the only Superhero of his world. He connected with (almost) no one. He inspired nobody. He can barely see the difference between a corpse and a living pregnant woman.

Watchmen was about big questions, and the characters failed to answer them, but none of them were Superman.

>manhattan has Intangibility
Since when?

>I look forward to this only so people finally realize Manhattan is not that strong.

He survived total disintegration, can instantly teleport across the solar system, and has prescience limited only by FTL phenomena like tachyons. He has cosmic power on the level of the Silver Surfer or above.

Even with that, he might not be all that powerful, but Johns has apparently given him a huge upgrade that lets him casually kill Metron as well as meddle with the history of the entire DCverse.

ha, look at these stupid anons
>I know right, Saitama could kick both of their asses.

>That depends, Manhattan's power is "lol I'm physics" but does that protect him from this?

Morrison's meta-wankery would indeed fuck him up good.

The Flash can just outrun Manhattan's powers.

Well shit, looks like Doc M beats OPM.

Superman beats Mxyzptlk on a regular basis, and Mxy should be way, way above Manhattan on the god-scale.

Granted it's never been "who can punch hardest" kinds of battles, but wins are wins

>A story where Mxyzptlk trolls Manhattan
>It's the Gilbert Gottfried version of Mxyzptlk
>Constantly calls Manhattan "Doctor McGuirk"

I need this in my life

Supes would travel to our reality and bring back Alan Moore to deconstruct Dr. Manhattan.

Dr Manhattan's real body isn't actually the body everyone else sees.

It is more like a puppet and Dr Manhattan can appear anywhere in the universe.

Yeah, Doc is still like 4th dimensional at best

Isn't there a dc hero or villain that can kill manhattan's true body?

Except Dr Manhattan has more hope than Superman.

Dr Manhattan blows up and zaps Communists.

Superman can't even do that and is forced to lay low from the MAN.

Also, Dr Manhattan can swing his blue dick around in public which shows he has more freedom than Superman who would get arrested if he was streaking in public.

Dr Manhattan is simply more American than Superman and in a Superhero showdown, the more American Superhero wins and Dr Manhattan is more American than Superman.

Deal with it, Supermanfags.

Mxy has restrictions.

Dr Manhattan has no restrictions.

How the fuck is he going to beat the Beyonder?

The whole point of Dr. Manhattan's character arc in Watchmen is reconnecting with life. I honestly think by the end of it he's more hopeful about humanity and life itself than Superman ever could be, and that's saying something.

Then Johns doesn't understand Manhattan.

>Dr Manhattan has no restrictions.

You haven't even read watchmen, have you? A big plot point literally involves his restrictions.

Make a trip so I can filter you.

yeah it says you don't read enough comics

>he's more hopeful about humanity and life itself than Superman ever could be
Can one person really be THIS wrong?

The Shrike?