WONDER WOMAN Director Patty Jenkins Explains Why She Chose Not To Direct Marvel's THOR Sequel

>"It was painful and sad because I really loved those guys and I loved the idea of us making a Thor together, but it’s one of those things. You have to make sure that the movie you want to make is fully the right movie for that studio too. It was heartbreaking, but I also knew that it was good… I knew that it was good because I didn’t think I could make a great film out of their script. I envisioned it as Romeo and Juliet-esque space opera that hinged on the separation of Thor and Jane Foster, which would have featured a much larger role for Natalie Portman's character, and that's not what they were going for.

comicbookmovie.com/other/wonder-woman-director-patty-jenkins-explains-why-she-chose-not-to-direct-marvels-thor-sequel-a151405

>which would have featured a much larger role for Natalie Portman's character, and that's not what they were going for.
Eek, I can already smell the shitstorm if Tumblr ever read this line

Considering how well done Diana/Steve was this might have actually worked out.
Shame that we ended up having Jane still take up screen time while being also being annoying and useless

Hahahahahahaaaaaa Marvel is so fucked.

>I envisioned it as Romeo and Juliet-esque space opera that hinged on the separation of Thor and Jane Foster

As awful as more Natalie Portman sounds, that at least sounds like a cool premise. I wish Marvel put more thought into their movies, they could make some really great instead of the same old same old 3 times a year.

yeah it must really be awful for based marvel to put out that same old billion dollar grossing movie

>defending Thor 2
Come on user, NOBODY can defend Thor 2

> romeo and juliet sounds like a cool premise

how?

>more Natalie Portman

Sounds like we dodged a bullet, tbqh

Thor 2 was forgettable but fine for one watch

Did the Thor movies singlehandedly ruin Portman for you guys?

No, that was another series of fantasy films.

No id creampie her

>Character =! actor/actress

To some degree, isn't Portman's fault the character was so disgusting

Yes. I thought Star Wars might have been a fluke but no.

she's ass in everything but Black Swan so no

>I envisioned it as Romeo and Juliet-esque space opera that hinged on the separation of Thor and Jane Foster,

Thank God this didn't happen. MCU Thor is already too much of a faggot as it is.

>which would have featured a much larger role for Natalie Portman's character
no wonder she was so upset when Jenkins left

>he didn't watch Leon

>I envisioned Ragnarok as a story about how Thor is mopey about the wooden mannequin he left on earth.

I can, sort of.
For me, the worst parts of the Thor movies are the time spent on earth and scientific bullshit. Thor 2 has less of both compare to the first one.

Her role is also really bad in Star Wars. Just read the lines, they're awful.
She should choose her role better.

>which would have featured a much larger role for Natalie Portman's character, and that's not what they were going for.
>Warner Bros pitting Marvel against feminists
Fucking D E V I L I S H

As a DCfag, someone who's spent at least a few days worth of hours defending BvS on here, this bitch can fuck off.

And anyone saying this would have been good is a fucking WB shill looking to push the "DC is so progressive" agenda currently hitting the headlines. This is fucking stupid. The reason she didn't stay as director is because her and fucking portman wanted to go down the Whor road eventually. And since they were YASgirls together when that was shut down Patty fucked off and Portman got even saltier.

The only two people in the Thor franchise that matter are Tom and Chris. They're the only to that embraced the characters and haven't taken any chances to throw the films under a fucking bus. Elba's cool but nobody but black people and Sup Forums tards still salty about that care about heimdall.

Why should disney have sided with Portman when she would have just used the power having a more important part in the plot would have afforded her to demand absurd money like RDJ when she became "necessary".

The pendulum is swinging.

>Wonder Woman
>Batgirl
>Mera having a big role in JL and Aquaman
>Harley in Sirens vs BoP with Catwoman and Ivy
>Frost in SS2
>Possibly Cheetah in the inevitable WW2

Marvel literally can't compete in feminism with DC. They burned them by refusing to greenlight Black Widow and Carol is literally the only bone they can throw feminists.

Heck yeah fellow Marvelbro

To be fair, would you pass up Star Wars? It's fucking Star Wars

But how am I a Marvel bro?

After Nova ends this week I don't pull a single Marvel book any longer. And the only Marvel movies I would profess to liking would be the Cap trilogy, Doctor Strange and Guardians 1. All of which I don't think hold even a melted candle to BvS or MoS.

I'm about as DCfaggish as they come anyday I'm being honest with myself.

The headline trend has been quite obvious though. "Women are making capeshit better and DC is the company that cares about women!" It's just as obvious as it was when Marvel was releasing the ANAD info and faggots were YASSing about it as if they were saving comics.

She's done some of her "best" work since then though. Padme sucked, and she sucked as an actress, but those didn't ruin anything for her. Only sperges like us and a few losers on regular social media were openly hating the prequels until around the time TFA came out. Until Disney told everyone they suck most people just laughed off Jar Jar as being the only problem.

Which is fucking great, fuck Marvel and their shitty misogynist bullshit. The fact that Wonder Woman is doing so well just means that DC is finally going to take the reins from Marvel and produce actual quality films that don't rely on retarded quips and mediocre """""drama""""".

For more proof:

Look at this shit. these faggots are shills. Whether they're paid or not.

Real DCfags, like me, always knew there was no difference in the way each company treated women. Only shills will try to push that "their" company is better at it than "their" company.

>buttblasted obvious Marvelfag can't handle the fact that DC actually made a good fucking movie that outclasses Redditors of the Galaxy
>"I-I'm actually DCfag, and you guys are j-just plain wrong!"
Stay mad

Lol the difference is I'm right while you're making an assumption. One that happens to be very wrong.

They only have 4 movies to have billion dollar BO and only 1 is a solo movie
And just because it makes money doesn't make it good