Who was the worst adult in KND and why is it Common Cold

Who was the worst adult in KND and why is it Common Cold

Other urls found in this thread:

youtube.com/watch?v=Wh4McTVRE-4
sci-hub.cc/http://dx.doi.org/10.1037/fam0000191
acpeds.org/the-college-speaks/position-statements/parenting-issues/corporal-punishment-a-scientific-review-of-its-use-in-discipline/research-on-disciplinary-spanking-is-misleading
youtube.com/watch?v=L6aNzFYHyz
twitter.com/SFWRedditGifs

Because he's fuckin' gross, my dude.

They could have at least made a shitty pun with that name. Something like Commonder Cold.

I always though it was already a pun as its reference of the villain Captain Cold. He has the same weapon as him, but with snot instead of ice.

Mr. Boss. He didn't even have a power or a gimmick, he was just there because he was an asshole.

Easily Braceface. Dumb gimmick and had an annoying voice.

Spankula.

Because he's a fucking child abuser.

mr. wink and mr. fibb were just a shitty james bond reference

not even a reference to one of the good movies, either.

>gimmick
They gave him one later by making him the only proper "adult" whose child was in the KND. It was interesting to see how the obvious question of "what do the KND do regarding their parents, who are adults?" be answered using him.
Nightbrace.

>Spanking an adult is a crime worthy of being sent to jail over
>spanking a kid is just "lol they deserve it cuz theyre naughty"

KND writes must have been running mental Olympics to justify hitting a child or something because that is some bullshit. I guess rather or not its okay to hit someone varies with age now huh?

because all his episodes are fucking gross.
Despite what dumb marketers and target audience researchers might believe nobody likes gross out humor and you alienate a huge audience when you attempt it.

pretty sure all the of the adult bad guys were child abusers

>nobody likes gross out humor
I wouldn't say "nobody", but white trash trailer kids aren't exactly in a position to finance anything so functionally you are correct.

>retard that thinks spanking a child is child abuse

Let me guess, you think "time outs" work right?

but Spankula appeals to my fetish so i love him

If you can't get your shit across without violence you already royally fucked up as a parent.

It's not meant to be realistic it's meant to be from a child's morals. All the villains represent something children hate/despise or are a symbol of adult hood: Business, coffee, corporal punishment, going to the dentist, bullies, not being allowed to eat candy & drink soda etc.

People like you that cry "wah don't lay a finger on the wittle special snowflakes!!!" are the reason young people nowadays are spoiled and entitled.

Fuck off Stefan Molyneux

>hitting a woman or another man is considered a crime
>hitting a child is just "discipline"
>people still continue to do this even though every single child behavioral scientist and child expert says NOT to
>"lol wut do dey know...I know how ta raise my kids !" *belts kid across the hide for breaking a plate*

I wish blighters like you were all chemically castrated .

I'd rather kids be spoiled than be physically fucking abused, what the fuck is wrong with you? Jesus christ, you sound like a fucking sociopath.

Except child experts say spanking is ok when a child is engaging in dangerous behavior that may put their life or others in danger. And since when is spanking with your hand the same as hitting with a belt? I think you're overestimating the amount of physical damage spanking does.

Spoiled kids lead to entitled SJWs thinking they can get away with anything and everything. You sure you're okay with that?

Nah, just retarded parents giving thier children everything just because they scream autistically.

nah, robin food is worse

You realize spoiling children is a type of abuse, right? No better than physical abuse, which at least heals eventually.

except how often does a child ever even endanger someones like that?
Stop pretending like spanker parents dont just resort to hitting over every single thing because they're too lazy to actually parent properly, sitting down and using words.

>Spoiled kids lead to entitled SJWs You sure you're okay with that?

okay

this convo is over. Its so apparent the kind of person you are now.

>he thinks physical abuse is only physical
>he doesn't know that physical abuse causing all sorts of resentment and other negative traits such as them wanting to hurt others

I am convinced nobody on this board has autism anywhere near the same degree most of this board has autism tourettes.

Spoiled children also exhibit behavioral and social problems, including hurting other people because they feel they can get away with it.

On a level of being successful? The Toiletnator.

but what about his side kick,

If the only way you can properly raise a child involves violence, then you're a shitty parent.

you already said that you parrot

this

>Common Cold
>Worst

Reminder that he's essentially a Bio-terrorist targeting children

>In a meta-analysis of 26 studies, Larzelere and a colleague found that an approach they described as “conditional spanking” led to greater reductions in child defiance or anti-social behavior than 10 of 13 alternative discipline techniques, including reasoning, removal of privileges and time out (Clinical Child and Family Psychology Review, 2005).

reminder that knd faked a moon landing and fooled nasa

People like you should've been beat when there were kids.

>Shit I'm getting btfo'd, better repeat my statement

LICORICE
LICORICE
SWEET JUICY AND RED

IT GREW LIKE BAMBOO
TO THE HEAVENS IT SPREAD

>someone in this thread thinks children shouldn't be subjected to physical disciplinary actions
What the hell are you doing here? That opinion is so Tumblr it's been mocked countless times. Assholes like you are the reason spoiled brats are released onto the world

Spanking and the like just leads to angrier and more violent kids. Don't hit you kids.

that's only true of abuse

There was a period in comics and cartoons between when spanking became looked down upon/illegal and when writers admitted that they couldn't use the same jokes anymore.

What the fuck. He's voiced by Tom Kenny, too.

3:37 youtube.com/watch?v=Wh4McTVRE-4

some adults really deserve to get hit too if they act like fucking imbeciles. many states in our nation believe that they deserve to get fucking killed if they're big enough assholes.

I was a shithead as a kid, like I used to set grass on fire and throw rocks at cars, I'd probably be in jail if I wasn't spanked as a kid

Better them being violent than spineless sissies.

>nobody likes gross out humor and you alienate a huge audience when you attempt it.
>that episode where the nurse makes pastries out of pink eye crust and snot

He went to jail 2 times, pretty sure the writer don't think that was alright

Pretty sure Spankula was the only one who actively physically abused children who weren't the KND

obviously adults had to fight the KND so that isn't too bad, but when it came to how they treated regular children they never physically struck them.

No shit.

>that time Lizzle BTFO a bunch of Retirement home cafeteria workers

>Forgetting the time where Mr. Boss was going to send a bunch of children to Mars to work as slave labor

>Forgetting the time where Granny Stuffington literally shoved food down children's throat

>Forgetting that adult who stuffed kids into bottles

Twice

>out of all the villains in the show, he's the one who got an action figure

This guy was fucking sadistic.

Now this is a claim that is about something observable in the real world. So let's check it out! Got any evidence to support your statement? Oh wait.

He was more greedy than sadistic

what the fuck its literally the same character

WHAT THE FUCK

Okay, as someone actually pursing developmental psychology as the course of study for my professional career I feel like it's important to step in and end this conversation here. The social pushback to spanking isn't some "tumblr" thing or some "liberal" thing, this is something widely accepted by the psychology community as having detrimental results.

The Larzelere study has been superseded by last year's Gershoff meta-analysis, which covered a much more comprehensive fifty years of research across 160,927 children in 111 different cases.

>sci-hub.cc/http://dx.doi.org/10.1037/fam0000191
>Thirteen of the 17 child outcomes examined were found to be significantly associated with parents’ use of spanking. Among the outcomes in childhood, spanking was associated with more aggression, more antisocial behavior, more externalizing problems,
more internalizing problems, more mental health problems, and more negative relationships with parents.

My future career is going to be working with children so this is beyond important to stress here, and I've linked the article directly from a backchannel because I think that openness of information is important for combating ignorance in the realms of science. Please make an attempt to, at the very least, read the conclusions of the study, and understand that you're contending with the results of fifty years worth of collective psychological study when you continue to propose physical discipline as a healthy child-rearing strategy.

Just make him Italian and he's
>InfluEnzo
Or don't change a thing and he's still
>Public Phlegmeny
Or a more military theme
>General Malaise

I could go on with more shitty pun names, but whatever.

Would-be quack acts like he isn't part of the problem

Don't tout your psychology like it proves anything. Everyone outside the other pseudosciences knows that your entire field of study has been compromised by agendas. The fact disingenuous people like you are going to be responsible for the mental health of children is one hundred percent part of the problem.

The Larzelere study has been superseded by last year's Gershoff meta-analysis, which covered a much more comprehensive fifty years of research across 160,927 children in 111 different cases.
Huh, Funny you should mention the Gershoff study. Mind commenting on this?

acpeds.org/the-college-speaks/position-statements/parenting-issues/corporal-punishment-a-scientific-review-of-its-use-in-discipline/research-on-disciplinary-spanking-is-misleading
>The anti-spanking research suffers from three major fallacies or defects that invalidate its conclusions. These flaws are evident in a recent summary of research on spanking by Dr. Elizabeth Gershoff and her colleague, Dr. Andrew Grogan-Kaylor.
>Notably, only four of the 75 studies in the latest Gershoff overview ensured that spanking was used appropriately, and those four studies actually found disciplinary spanking to be at least as effective as the three alternatives with which it was compared.
>In contrast, all the evidence against spanking came from the other 71 studies which suffer from three major fallacies, any one of which would be a fatal flaw in medical research.
>Only 4 of their 75 studies were limited to two open-handed swats to the buttocks for child defiance. The other 71 studies lumped together all “spanking” regardless of how it was implemented and why it was used.

By the way, that "mind commenting" was facetious. Fuck off, "doc."

>Would-be quack acts like he isn't part of the problem
Don't tout your psychology like it proves anything. Everyone outside the other pseudosciences knows that your entire field of study has been compromised by agendas. The fact disingenuous people like you are going to be responsible for the mental health of children is one hundred percent part of the problem.

>The Larzelere study has been superseded by last year's Gershoff meta-analysis, which covered a much more comprehensive fifty years of research across 160,927 children in 111 different cases.
Huh, Funny you should mention the Gershoff study. Mind commenting on this?

>The anti-spanking research suffers from three major fallacies or defects that invalidate its conclusions. These flaws are evident in a recent summary of research on spanking by Dr. Elizabeth Gershoff and her colleague, Dr. Andrew Grogan-Kaylor.
>Notably, only four of the 75 studies in the latest Gershoff overview ensured that spanking was used appropriately, and those four studies actually found disciplinary spanking to be at least as effective as the three alternatives with which it was compared.
>In contrast, all the evidence against spanking came from the other 71 studies which suffer from three major fallacies, any one of which would be a fatal flaw in medical research.
>Only 4 of their 75 studies were limited to two open-handed swats to the buttocks for child defiance. The other 71 studies lumped together all “spanking” regardless of how it was implemented and why it was used.

By the way, that "mind commenting" was facetious. Fuck off, "doc."

third time's the charm

>retard thinks that hitting an adult is assault

Let me guess, you think "prisons" work right?

When I'm BTFOing quacks this thoroughly, anything less than a perfect looking post is a disservice.

>pun names

Toiletnator

Is there no thread that is safe from being derailed by politics or people who will more then likely never have children arguing about what the best way to bring children up is?

Get out Molyneux

>Dad got the shit kicked out of him when he was a kid
>Grew and had my brother an I
>Promises never to hit us
>Sometimes we acted like a little shit
>Get smacked upside the head
>Suddenly that has a much larger impact on behavior

You can't hit kids for every little thing. But if they are acting dangerously or like a complete asshole even by child standards it can work. At least it in our case. inb4 hurr durr anecdotal evidence

Genndy confirmed fucking hack

He feed numbah 3 to a bunch of sharks.

Don't be an ass. At least have the decency of reading over the abstract and conclusions in the linked article - you're contesting the product of fifty years of research on the subject when you act like this, and I'm going to be professionally responsible for dealing with the repercussions if we allow this sort of thinking to continue.

Most studies show that hitting children (or really, any physical punishment) causes them to lash out. They end up more obedient in front of their parents, but start fights/violently interact with children or those they don't see as above them in status. Obviously the degree to which you are hit matters (and not everyone is the same) but the overall picture is that physical punishments are not effective.

Shame and the feeling of being ignored are better modifiers of behavior typically.

See

Yeah, and those studies showed it to be (when properly regulated, which it rarely is when you are dealing with pissed parents) just as effective. Not MORE effective.

I was never hit once, but my parents put the fear in me. My parents were smacked all the time, and they told me all it made them feel was anger after a while, especially when they could pin it on an external ("IT WAS REALLY MY BROTHER'S FAULT").

..Uh yeah, Chester was far more a fucking demon than most of the other KND villains apart from Father and the Grandfather, even if his motivation solely stemmed from profit Because he disqualified himself as a human being in the process. He ran a sweatswop disguised as a camp. He opens a business that specifically tries to sell meat made from *children* to goddang sharks and then went and made a headband/mind control device that essentially trapped kids in a matrix that could be set to pleasant or fucking nightmare mode.

The moosebumps deal doesn't quite count since Numbuh 1 may have been making that up, but I'd be inclined to believe him.

Chester needed to be put down, FFS.

They're both a Sammy Davis, Jr. reference.

youtube.com/watch?v=L6aNzFYHyz

>every adult was themed after something kids hate like the dentist or school lunch food
>that guy who wore toilet paper as a costume and was bathroom themed
why?

another user with a vampire fetish i see

Grandma stuffums

Never liked her, but that one musical episode was great

While I never had any issues with the restroom. There was a woman I grew up with who hated the bathroom. She almost drowned in the bathtub as a kid and was scared of water.

I think that was for swirlies, but had to expand on the theme since not everywhere has a toilet.

>Babe
>It felt like scaramouche right there

Genndy and warburton must have had fun with his voice and making their respective characters with kennys voice

>Got my fetish from the moose bumps episode
>its transformation

At least it isn't worse

God he must kill thousands of Japanese every year.

>ITT: sad people from homes that hurt them attempt to rationalize beating their children

Shut up Sigmund, most of your ideas have been widely discredited

>the nurse who was keeping children infected with pink eye so she could harvest their eye crust to make baked goods
To this day still one of the nastiest fucking things I've ever seen in a kids show.

And don't forget the implication at the end of the episode that the baked goods' filling was phlegm/mucus.

>trying to eat lunch
>bunch of Errol Flynn looking faggots steal your lunch
The only way someone would get out of the cafeteria with my boat pizza or crispito is in a fucking body bag

For me, I ate my boogers as a kid, but watching that was something worse. It was nasty

What are your opinions on Calvin and Hobbes?

>mfw I thought they really looked tasty until the end

>comparing an adult to a vulnerable and easily manipulated person with a developing brain

we try crimes differently based on age for a reason Sherlock

it's okay, some men are born stupid

Why were they a walrus and a buffalo?