Lex Luthor

Has Lex ever won?

Other urls found in this thread:

comicvine.gamespot.com/52-35-rain-of-the-supermen/4000-107569/
twitter.com/SFWRedditGifs

Yes, in Red Son superman.

Superman 64 being a product of Lexcorp to make Supes look bad, should be an actual thing

Well he was the fucking US President for a while, maybe that small thing counts

Who was in the wrong?

As usual, first post is spot on.

>Lex GOD DAMNED Luthor

Why didn't this ever become a thing like the Goddamned Batman?

Followed by...

>Joker gets BTFO
>last panel on the page is Joker literally getting BTFO

what an absolute madman

>Tricks people into thinking he's fully reformed
>Starts giving people superpowers
>... Just so he can turn them off later for funsies/make it so no one ever looks up again in hope.

comicvine.gamespot.com/52-35-rain-of-the-supermen/4000-107569/

Remember that time Luthor gave up godhood and universal peace because he couldn't get rid of his Superman hateboner?

Wouldn't he be held responsible for this?

>Lex Luthor guaranteed eight hundred years of threesomes for every human being

You do understand the "funsies" part, don'tcha?

Of course not, that was me being comically oblique.

Luthor did it because his team refused to give him superpowers.

The Emprah approves

>Lex Luthor as the champion of America who brings us into one of the most utopian futures in DC comics
My patriotism boner can only get so hard

If I remember, she showed up later and shot Lex in public, right?

Yes. It was all according to his keikaku, though.

>a one-world government composed of artists, writers, philosophers, and scientists
>"the triple had replaced the couple"
Am I just being too overly cynical to 'get' this, or do those not sound all that great?

He MADE krypton.

I don't see what the downsides here are it's not like people had their freedoms taken away.

Oh yeah, I was aware of that. But isn't kind of pointless to clarify the progress of replacing "conventional politicians" with a bunch of deep-thinking hippies, and replacing "the couple with the triple".. When the only baseline knowledge there is about Krypton is that the politicians were too up their own asses to listen to a scientist's doomsday warnings, and then a straight couple sent their only son to a different planet?

>a one-world government composed of artists, writers, philosophers, and scientists

Does this guy wants the planet to face a major crisis?

Superman is currently Lex Luthor

Yes, only when Lex is a good guy

What's wrong with wanting scientists in government? Stops all kinds of bullshit.

>No environmental secretary trying to deny the existance of global warming or incoming pollution crisis
>No sudden changes in government due to some jackass making a comment about how women can shut down rape babies, get rid of periods etc
>Military projects and accomplishments based on tech can be analysed properly to get the best weapons solution, and not just what uses up the most metal
>Education actually comes to the forefront, with both skilled technicians and workers as well as white collar jobs being appreciated
>Tomato ketchup wouldn't become a fruit in legal terms
>No stupid crisis because the government didn't store rock salt for the roads in winter, or because a missile test got sent 90 degrees in the wrong direction

Not all of them are idiot savants like Carson

Their leadership skills would still be up in the air like anyone else's, but yeah I do agree they're the most qualified to wield authority on any academic or scientific matters.

It's the fucking artists and writers that really baffle me. What the fuck are they going to contribute? And as far as philosophers are concerned, who fucking knows what their end game is, it could literally be anything.

Give this man all the medals

>All these wins for Lex and so few against Superman
I'd even go so far as to say Lex's everlasting obsession with Superman means he will never ever "win". Even here, he considers his greatest accomplishment to be beating Superman. On his deathbed, still obsessed.

What do politicians contribute? Most of them have shit leadership skills too.

Lawyers/politicians are good at politics, which is why they make up the majority in our elected offices... but that's really only about getting into the job. Philosophers and artists would at least provide a unique perspective.

Pre crisis I think he got away with some pastries one time.

Do you know what I call a philosopher/artist who becomes an elected official? A politician with a hobby.
Now, you can suggest that more creative-minded people such as philosophers and artists ought to take up politics, and I would agree with you, but they can still be as shitty as non-creatives.
I'm an optimist but I don't think there is a solution to the kind of greed and selfishness that exists in most of the people who decide to take office.

Underrated post.

I doubt Luthor was just selecting them to be filling quotas. He likely found exceptional people for the government, regardless of their skill in obtaining that position.

No I know, I was just going off on a tangent.

No it Lex's future sounds awful.
First of all art is completely subjective, artists have no place in government. Same with philosophers. And for a world run by scientists it seems pretty stupid to have a bunch of threesome relationships running around when it's proven that it's not healthy for kids not to be raised by two parents.

Being able to express yourself is a valuable tool when your job is expressing yourself to people.

Think of it as advertising if you're too STEM obsessed to acknowledge the value of the humanities.

Public speakers are the type of people who can express themselves best through verbal communication, and journalist for expressing laws in writing at a lower grade level. I don't imagine laws are being expressed to the people via prose and paintings.

Just because someone's a scientist doesn't mean they're automatically not a stupid asshole. The whole anti-vaccination movement started with an authentic, licensed medical doctor.

Are we ignoring the possibility that Luthor was interested in creating a world utopia, leaving behind hyper American sentiments and modern politics were everything said is a political agenda and every thought of government is perpetuity and every international interactions is a war waiting to happen?
Couldn't it be that he is moving away from the status quo and that its a comic and he is just fixing all the issues the writers could think of?
Its fucking Lex Luthor.
Its not like we can just disagree with him.
Man revolutionized everything, my dudes.
I'd vote for him to be president (again)!

>The whole anti-vaccination movement started with an authentic, licensed medical doctor.

IIRC that guy wasn't stupid, he was intentionally manipulating date to get a paycheck

That's correct. Fuck Wakefield

Cringe. She did the right thing.

Lex is a millionaire CEO who does whatever the fuck he wants and gets away with it, and even we he actually gets caught, goes to jail, or whatever, it's not too long before he goes right back tot he good life.
The way I see it, Lex Luthor spends 90% of his time winning.