No no no

Other urls found in this thread:

variety.com/2017/film/news/guardians-of-the-galaxy-2-box-office-thursday-opening-1202410115/
variety.com/2017/film/news/wonder-woman-box-office-thursday-night-opening-1202450691/
twitter.com/AnonBabble

>females and libtards eat up capeshit about strong independent womyn
Color me surprised. And it's not like previous DC movies have sold badly.

You're right OP. It should have made more.

>Worldwide
Thats actually bad
Box office opening weekend should be about equal to production budget this isnt going to track well, with the weekend as thats when children get to see movies and parents will take them to the Dreamworks movie. Its going to struggle to meet Suicide Squad numbers and that didnt have to compete with any major studios on opening week.

You are a retard, do you think people watching this movie at 10 pm in Chile or new Zealand on May 31st were kids? Even in those tiny markets most people still wait till the weekend

Go cry on /pol

>Casting an Israeli war criminal as an emmisary of peace

It's like casting a neo-nazi as Superman.

>42M
>worldwide
that doesn't sound good at all

Nice, it's a damn good movie.

It's gonna go higher. Tracking was low because of DC's last two failures, but the good reviews and word of mouth are making more people want to see it.

>it made the same in thursday previews than gotg
>gotg went on to make 300M domestic
>word of mouth is good because the audience scores are already higher than gotg2

Good

>Only 42 million

AHAHAHHAHAHAHAHHAHAHAHAHHhahahahaha

Guardians had 80 opening weekend

DC IS DEAD

DEAD

Honestly the only reason I really wanted to see it was to see how they'd justify Diana quitting for 100 years but word of mouth indicates that was retconned out so fuck it.

In two days? Are you nuts?

You realize it's just Friday right?

>reading comprehension
>you
The issue us that its opened in almost 40 countries and even if it triples its weekend. DC movies are so geavily marketted its not making profit until after 800 gross, which is going to be very hard with how the last movies went

This was from Thursday night dumbass

Those are the current numbers you stupid fuck. We haven't reached the weekend.

Sounds like desperate rationalization to me.

Where was this defense for Nughostbusters, drone?

If females and libtards are so predictable, why did that movie bomb?

>“Guardians of the Galaxy Vol. 2” blasted off with $17 million on Thursday night in North America.

variety.com/2017/film/news/guardians-of-the-galaxy-2-box-office-thursday-opening-1202410115/

Now what

Blown the FUCK out.

Llike I said, word of mouth. The last two movies actually did significantly well in the first week, and then dropped off in the second. I suspect it will be like "Inside Out, where it does better in the second week than the first.

>$17 million

What was the worldwide instead? How Mib did WW make domestically?

>lol.what a shit weekend numbers!
>dude, the weekend didnt even start yet
>uh uhh no ur retarded!

Cool.
Keep it up DC.
Can't let Marvel have all the fun.

>it's pathetic mouse making gazillion meme again
Hmm

I'm sorry, can you word this in a way it makes sense?

Where is the template for this?

>Where was this defense for Nughostbusters, drone?
...On Rotten Tomatoes.

>Started being twice the budget
>Now its 5 times the budget just to recover costs

You are really trying too hard

knew it

DC is dead

Civil War memes

Got a link?

Sorry, user's post says GotG 2 opened with 17million domestically, what about WW? Because what OP posted is worldwide instead

This movie is going to do really well. I work at a movie theater with 24 houses, we had 12 showings of Wonder Woman sell out completely. We added a 13th showing and even that sold over half the seats despite not being listed online. And this was a Thursday night, Friday and Saturday will do much better, probably sell out 16 or 17 showings.

That's all I have (

>OP posts world wide
>You post domestic

What did this desperate user mean by this

$11 million
variety.com/2017/film/news/wonder-woman-box-office-thursday-night-opening-1202450691/

That amerishart premiere is only June 2nd?

What a failure

Domestically, WW made 11 million on Thursday night, Guardians 2 did 17. Minor 6 million difference.
Worldwide Thursday, WW made 42 million, Guardians 2 made apparently 54. 12 million difference.

That's fucking great actually. DC not even close to dead.

Fine. Let's even the playing field. Thursday openings:
Wonder Woman:
>$11 million domestically
Doctor Strange
>$9.4 million domestically
Thor: The Dark World
>$7.1 million domestically
Ant-Man
>$6.4 million domestically

Better?

It'll be funny if the movie turns out to "underperform" (whatever that means at this point), but we can all the agree the important part is that this officially destroyed the narrative that BvS and SS were badly reviewed only because Disney shilling or whatever excuse, no?

For better contrast, on the first thursday, Guardians 1 made apparently 37 million worldwide.
You can't honestly say that this is bad.

>one of DShit's Trinity can barely beat a group of z-listers despite people begging for a movie for decades
The he'll you can't

People like to make fun because of all the fanboys saying it was going to do astronomical numbers, that the MCU is fading away compared to DC etc.

It's fun/shitposting, take everything with a grain of salt

don't send this trash to Sup Forums, this is property of Sup Forums.

Good idea.

It's fine fellow Marvelfriend I've calculated that this movie needs 4.5 billion dollars to break even hahah

>No Avengers
>No Iron Man

(lol sure """""""""""""""'''even""""""""""""" playing field

>thats_the_joke.jpg

I like how eventually some DCEU fanboys decided to own the meme and started claiming Disney is achthually losing money on every new movie

>American education

I'm just showing you your all-powerful Marvel company isn't as great as you make it out to be. Also, comparing Wonder Woman to Avengers is a bit unfair and a poor attempt to grasp at straws wouldn't you say? Why don't we compare Justice League to Avengers come November?

As for Iron-Man
>Paramount thought Thursday’s advance screenings generated $5 million, but then discovered that $1.7 million ended up being for 12:01 AM shows so that money went towards Friday gross.

Anything else you would like to add?

>why did that movie bomb?
because the original ghostbusters was perfect in it's own way (and recent) and fems made it about them
I didn't like that so I didn't watch it.
I bet other people reacted the same way.

that isn't far from the truth actually, as with each film they make, they still are not able to pass what they made with the avengers in 2012

Like clockwork

How can people say that Disney shills still exist if WW is getting rated really highly?

>your brain on quips

because same forces going against DC and were helping Marvel took up their cause because it was something that aligned with their interest. WB is just on benefiting end because of it.

It could have been any woman character and they would have helped.

Are you forgotting MARKETING again?

Disney hasn't recouped their investment on the MCU though. Not even close

You would think Sup Forums would be happy that DC has a movie that's at least worth a watch instead of a two hour trainwreck.

That makes no sense, why would helping Batman and Superman not also align with their interests in keeping the cape genre alive and diverse?

This isn't Coke vs Pepsi here. People aren't buying coke OR pepsi. These are movies, coming out once every few months, that only cost like ten bucks. No one says "Hm, I guess i'll watch Wonder Woman instead of Guardians of the Galaxy 2". Most people simply watch both.

Sure, man, they must be desperate right now

Saw Wonder Woman opening night. Great movie. Really great. Really makes me wonder if people are going to stop watching Marvel movies after seeing something to beautiful and thought provoking. Really activated my almonds. Beautiful. Simply beautiful.

>52
HYPERCRISIS

Why did they use WW1 instead of WW2?

WW2 has been played out, also, Captain America took place in WW2...you wouldn't want any comparissons taking place now would you

So it wouldn't seem like they were copying Captain America. This is literally the only reason.

>Easier to handle because no official nazis or holocaust
>Supposedly a more gray war with no proper "bad" faction (not that it seems they did much with it)
>It'd be literally Cap America

Why should they use WW2?
Seriously, answer?

If you saw the movie you would know that they were going for a more complex story and that some stuff got cut.

Because WW2 has always been depicted as good vs evil war while in this movie the bad guy was war itself. Anyone saying it's because TFA hasn't seen the movie or is a shill

Once again this proves that Warner Bros. DC is its own worst enemy. If Wonder Woman fails it's not Marvel, not Disney's fault, but Warner Bros.

Seriously what kind of marketing did Warner Bros do for Wonder Woman? Jack and Shit. There hasn't been any aggressive marketing because the fuckwads at WB didn't think a female lead action movie would rake in the $$$.

>Why should they use WW2?
Because that's when Diana debuted in the comics.
I have no idea why Sup Forums would care about some shitty picture books tho.

Is this good or bad? I hope Wonder Woman doesn't underperform. It's actually good.

Has to sell twice production and marketing budget and pay back investors at a premium before making money and US box offices gwt 50% of all ticket sales.

Fuck off you cock gobbling shill, if you had anything to add in life you would have so take your yous and
>
And kill yourself for being this willfully ignorant of how the industry works.

Pretty good.

I don't understand why you people shill for Marvel this hard. Sure, their movies are fine but they're getting lazy and healthy competition is always a good thing.
I'm happy that DC finally made a single fucking good film, especially if that means we're going to get more superheroine movies later.

It's actually not a good start. WB was expecting a WW of $275 million for the weekend with many of the international slots opening this weekend with the US. A slow start like that isn't positive for hitting $275 given the US will make up on the high end of $90 million of it.

>42 million worldwide on its opening night in the US is bad

>Literally not even tallied for friday, saturday, or sunday, JUST thursday night.

>this is bad

>149M budget
>800M breaking even point
HAHAHAHAHAHAH man I love disney shills, the more stupid the better

Because while marvel may be the equivalent of movie mcdonalds
Dc is bk pretending that everyone thinks is a restaurant.

It's good, means if it's consistent it'll probably end up in the $500-600million range

But it'll cause shitposting nonetheless because according to DCEUnuchs themselves movies like Dr Strange or Ant-man making similar amounts were flops

Lets ignore how much shill marketing they do.
>even after they paid for my depend and tendies
>what people who know how the industry works and see the same patterns this one has with other financial failures.
>REEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEE

kill yourself kike, your jew sorcery doesnt work here.

THIS. DShit is a FLOP.