Does anyone else dislike all the unjust hate this show gets around here? I mean...

Does anyone else dislike all the unjust hate this show gets around here? I mean, Steven Universe isn't perfect but it's really good and the last few episodes proved it. Why the hate?

Sup Forums is for Sup Forumsntrarian.

>the last few episodes proved it

The were good in the context of the show itself, but pretty mediocre and didn't stand out overall when compared to the loads of other serialized shows out there. There were more interesting reveals and plot twists in something as cliche and to the point as ATLA than there have been so far in SU.

Sup Forums can't handle a non-conformant, non-atypical gender conformant MC. Just look at all the bitching about crying?

What the fuck? That's the problem with men, they think bottling up their emotions is ok and they demonized anyone who doesn't.

you must be new to the site.
bad shit is forgotten in a week.
good shit gets people mad about its flaws, and stays a relevant topic.

If you want a place where unpopular opinions aren't allowed you can always go browse reddit.

>Johnny Test
>NuPPG
>New Simpsons
>Family Guy

You were saying?

people loved PPG and Simpsons, so naturally they obsess about the flaws of new iterations.
idk about the other two though.

>(you)

I never see people talk about johnny test and Family guys just gets a thread every now and then.
SU gets talked about tons because its a very good show with flaws.

I really love the show but it does deserve some criticism.

Season 4 in general was a feverish foray into whatthefuckareyoudoing-land pacing and plot development-wise and I hope the show never goes there again. Plus one of the things that I like about the show, trying to do great things and deal with big issues, easily comes across as being a bit too preachy or progressive

Sure a lot of the hate is prejudice and the show is better than that, but still the flaws are there and they are numerous and holy fuck Rebecca letting individual storyboarding teams have all this power was a terrible mistake you shoulda ran a tighter ship

for every one person that doesn't like this show here there's another 20 who like it. don't take it so personally that some people have different taste. I say this as a fan of the show, don't take it so personal.

I like the base of the show. It has great concepts and characters. It's just poorly executed- badly written and visually underwhelming.

They need to push more dramatic lighting and work on naturalistic dialogue and realistic responses to stress.

I don't know if you're a reddit idiot who tries to piss people off or a newfag from tumblr but either way I want all of you morons to leave. There's too many of you to assimilate at this point and you derail any discussion with your trolling or SJW copypasta.

I will never forgive SU for the style shift after the pilot.

No it's a very flawed show with lots of buzz and "plot" it's not really good

>you can't post on more than one website at once!!!!11

Fuck off manbaby. Tell me THREE things wrong with being a Tumblr user other than your pathetic vendetta against women and minorities.

>SU gets talked about tons because
Because people want to stick their dicks into the gems, and is marginally deeper than the standard cartoon.

I think that SU is boring to watch. I try and watch it because everyone else loves it, and I like when shows push boundaries, but I just can't help but feel bored.

Retarded because there are good shows that don't get regular threads. People only give a shit about SU because of the shitty ass lore and the ugly ass waifus. Just look at /sug/

There's nothing wrong with using tumblr. But being a tumblr user is a different matter. A typical tumblr user, do not confuse with a person having a tumblr, is loud obnoxious, self righteous and a hypocrite. They tell other people how to live, usually while having no idea how the real world works, want some kind of revenge on men and straight people instead of actual equality while fetishizing all other groups, they jump on social justice bandwagons without checking anything, get mad and harass people because of imaginary issues and generally are comparable with an average /r9k/ user. You're clearly a teenager so I'll tell you that, stop believing things just because someone is very loud about them and read different opinions including the ones you disagree with, it gives you a better understanding of why people say things they say. This is Sup Forums and we're here to discuss comics and cartoons not gender politics. Oh, and stop assuming everyone who disagrees with you is a man you dumb fuck.

>is loud obnoxious, self righteous and a hypocrite.

Like you manbabies?

>They tell other people how to live, usually while having no idea how the real world works,

Again, like you manbabies?

>want some kind of revenge on men and straight people instead of actual equality while fetishizing all other groups, they jump on social justice bandwagons without checking anything, get mad and harass people because of imaginary issues and generally

The same for you all except you get irrationally mad about things having PoC and non-cis characters or body positive characters.

>Oh, and stop assuming everyone who disagrees with you is a man you dumb fuck.

Then stop acting like one you shitfaggots

Season 3, or whatever season we're currently on, has been really hit-or-miss and the show has changed direction a lot. The art is incredibly inconsistent, and it constantly puts potential members of it's audience off with completely unnecessary emotional plot points that are brought up and then solved immediately.

I know SU isn't an action show, but God damn did i not want a boat load of emotional drama going into this show.

Hate of what specifically?
>Hate for the fanbase
Because of a nasty history of /SUG/ devolving into a pit of degeneracy and "I want to fuck/lick the armpits of/get farted on/stepped on by [gem]"

>Hate for the show?
Too much crying, not enough action.

My bad, I thought you might actually be somewhat reasonable just misguided. You're a retard talking about shit you dont know anything about and are either a very unamusing troll or a complete hypocrite. You have to be at least 18 to post here, so fuck off right back to your favourite site with your fellow morons and don't come back.

Grow up

Apparently I did around the time you went to a primary school.

Because only the last few episodes have been any good. This last season and most of season 3 have been boring garbage.
There hasn't been something that's actually threatening or will change the plot.
Like the cluster, built up a huge amount and forgotten about in a single episode.
Jasper was dealt and poofed after three episodes.
Or the human zoo. Did anyone with two brain cells to rub together think anything bad was gonna happen to Greg?

And when the show isn't plodding along with nothing actually at stake they focus on characters that have been flanderized to all hell and back.
Most of the big events in the show are just made so the characters have something to interact with, there's nothing actually at stake most of the time.
Steven being slammed in the face by Jasper after she just poofed Garnet was a big deal, it changed the entire dynamic with homeworld and the rest of the crystal gems
Bubbling the cluster was more of a Peridot redemption arc instead of anything changing the direction of the show

TL:DR The show uses its conflict poorly and nothing bad ever happens with only a few exceptions showing otherwise

>unjust hate

It triggers the snob inside of Sup Forums when people call something thats either mediocre or below average as "Good" or even "Great", its a silly thing really, getting mad at cartoons is all around silly, but the internet is not a place for serious business

That said, we should stop all of these SU threads already, if you either love it or hate it just go to their general and shitpost there if you can

You are absolutely correct, but there's one thing nobody seems to take into account. It's a show for small kids and it has the same issues most shows made for children have. That doesn't make it good of course but it does mean that you shouldn't expect too much to begin with.

I think the show deserves it. Because it is "3-4 good or mediocre episodes then 10-15 episodes of utter boring shit, then repeat". Combine it with a horrible scheduling and boom, here goes hate.

Not him but it's somewhat heartbreaking for me becouse it has all the signs of being a great show but always misses its mark

But even then, some of the episodes are fantastic and actually do have meaningful consequences.
No one expected anything of this show at the beginning, then the lore and well written episodes came in, now they are failing to live up to their own hype

it deserves it
3-4 good/okay episodes a season doesnt make up for literally all the rest being uninteresting garbage

I hate the fans who over glorify it. I understand we all have our own taste but some of them take it to far.
"if you don't like this show you're a racist homophobe"

post examples

A significant portion of tumblr, on Sup Forums those are rare because we get people who constantly hate on it instead. Not that the show is perfect but it gets annoying after a while.

i'm not trying not to cry, i just generally don't. and it's never made me feel better any faster than not.

willing to take dive to screencap and prove a point?

But you see, a bunch of 14 year olds knows better what's good for you.

Nope, how would I even find it? I have no idea how to look for anything using their broken search and I'd rather avoid seeing all the garbage shipping art and inane theories.

so you don't even know how to use the site yet you expect me to just take your word

Are people not allowed to dislike things?

I do have tumblr actually, I just don't use it for finding content because there's too much terrible garbage to wade through. I follow artists who don't spam political and social crap so I'm a bit short on obnoxious SU fans.

Yes you are allowed to dislike things and people are allowed to dislike your constant whining about it.

>Guys i insist, like what i like.
>please i begging you
>I NEED YOUR APPROVAL.

No, fuck off cancer

The show can be very boring at times, some characters are really very boring (Connie) and the messages and behaviors that the characters show on screen are often incorrect or too exaggerated and make them obnoxious. Besides that it can be excessively formulaic (characters that cry)

But the main reason behind so much anger in / co / probably has to do with the level of stupidity and the amount of retards in the SU fandom, its fandom is detestable and annoying in every conceivable way, and it is normal for People develop a contempt for what these retards defend or certain ideas they have about the show.

Every day now there is one of these "Why do people hate SU" threads? I see them more than I see actual SU hate threads (which get deleted, since the mod here coddles your asses). Plenty of other shows get undeserved hate like SvTFOe, TLH, Adventure Time, and especially Samurai Jack, yet I don't see nearly the same amount of crying and bitching from their fanbases. Probably because the fanbases aren't completely estrogenic.

Well Star is disney shit and we all know it, that's because we don't really talk about how bad it is.

Lol fuck off.

Since when does STvoE gets hate?
Because they should be getting more, their cuck posting and cinnamon farts are starting to piss me off.

As a man it doesn't bother me that Steven cries a lot, but lately it's been annoying me since he's been nonstop crying for spans of episodes about problems he's made up in his own mind.

Throughout the entirety of the series he's been told by everyone to "just live," and yet he thinks they mean something else and is acting out all over the place about it.

I know people do go through these types of things and I like how it has been explored, but at some point he needs to grow up, (as a character,) he's hurting everyone else.

What gets me most is he's being portrayed as "selfless," when all he's done is act selfishly. He sacrifices himself in to Aquamarine to save everyone when that's not what anyone one wanted. You could argue that it was his best option possibly. And maybe it was, but that's not why he made that choice. It's because he thinks it'd be better for everyone else if he was gone. It's selfish. And I'm exhausted watching endless episodes lately of Steven being permitted to act like a shithead.

Also, nice generalization about men.

>It's because he thinks it'd be better for everyone else if he was gone. It's selfish.

You lost me.