Pitch an Elseworlds-type story for Marvel. Like a What If, but more developed

Pitch an Elseworlds-type story for Marvel. Like a What If, but more developed.

>What if Marvel civilians loved their heroes, a three issue miniseries

Other urls found in this thread:

comicvine.gamespot.com/what-if-46-what-if-spider-mans-uncle-ben-had-lived/4000-24621/
twitter.com/SFWRedditVideos

DUDE WHAT IF SPIDER-MAN WAS AN AZTEC
DUDE WHAT IF WOLVERINE WAS CHINESE
DUDE WHAT IF IRON MAN WAS EGYPTIAN
DUDE WHAT IF HULK WAS A MEDIEVAL PEASANT
DUDE WHAT IF CAPTAIN AMERICA FOUGHT IN THE CIVIL WAR
DUDE WHAT IF THE FANTASTIC FOUR WERE CIRCUS FREAKS

There's your Elseworlds. Fucking garbage.

What if Captain America was a nazi?

What if Captain America wasn't found until 2099?

>What if the Castle family was never killed?
>What if Tony Stark died in (Vietnam? Afghanistan? Iraq?)
>What if there was no sliding timeline and everyone aged?
>What if normal people were mutants and mutants were normal people?

>>What if normal people were mutants and mutants were normal people?
House of M.

what if marvel never made 34th issues of first 2 volumes?

No way man. Why would Marvel betray the fans like that?

> what if marvel civilians loved their heroes

I take it you haven't been reading the X-Statix storytime?

What if the X-Mansion was an actual school with teachers with actual degrees and a JROTC program for kids who wanted to use their powers for military or occupational uses?

What if Jean Grey was actually programmed by Prof. X to emulate present day girls because she was so broken by her friends death (best friend got hit by a car while in psychic connection)?

What if Aunt May got shot instead?

Would read.

>Avengers 2020
Bored and going through a sort of mid-life crisis, Arno Stark creates a new Avengers that straddles the line between the heroes of old and the mercenaries of the future.

So long as it had Cap wake up in some retro-future far removed from the 2099 universe. Like maybe have it be a false reality that Doom created to get Cap to unconciously tell Doom how to reverse engineer the super soldier formula

>What if Aunt May got shot instead?
That one was done in the 00s. Peter lets Uncle Ben in on the secret and Ben become Peter's mission control.

What if Marvel superheroes were buildings?

That's your fetish, isn't it?

But a big part of X-Statix is that the public is incredibly fickle. The thing that separates them from the rest of the heroes is that they literally have a PR department.

does danny the street count?

>What if Doctor Doom was an American?
>What if Bruce Banner recreated the super soldier serum?
>What if the X-Men became Inhumans?
>What if Steve Roger was bombarded with comic rays?
>What if T'Challa was adopted by Yondu?
>What if Storm possessed the Phoenix?
>What if the Red Skull became Galactus' Herald?
>What if Norrin Radd became Captain Mar-vell
>What if the meteor that crashed in Wakanda was filled with Symbiotes?
>What if Luke Cage was the Punisher?
>What if Thanos kidnapped a young Reed Richards?
>What if Miles was an avid supporter of Objectivism?
>What if Uncle Ben was Iron Fist?

>What if Aunt May was Black Widow?

>>What if T'Challa was adopted by Yondu?
Do you only watch movies or something

I can't believe no mark has pitched this
>What If Spider-man had stayed a wrestler?
Spider-Man and Marvel character re-imagined as wrestlers and wrestling type figures.
I mix of Shoot style (with the Super-Stars dealing with real backroom drama and life issues) and work (actions scenes are depicted like real fights)
Spidey is Hulk Hogan
Black-suit Spidey is NWO Hogan
Norman is Vince Mcmahon
The Blob could be Andre
Wolverine could be Austen I guess, even if he is Canadian, since they both drink and curse a lot.
You go from that.

Captain America was the first mutant, and the United States's secret to winning the war against the Nazis. This version he is just as strong and agile as Cap normally is, but it's from him being a mutant, not from super soldier serum. Also he has a healing factor just like Wolverine's, which helps him win on the battlefield and slows his aging so that he still looks fairly young decades later in the next age of heroes. Cap is recruited by Charles Xavier, along with Thor (who is Ororo Munroe), Spider-Man (Hank Pym), and Sorcerer Supreme Reed Richards

Together, they form the Ultimate Fantastic Avengers.

Rogues:
>Kingpin in a Hulkbuster armor
>Female Magneto with a cosmic cube
>a MODOK made out of Victor von Doom
>Norman Osborn is revealed to have been The Vision all along

What is geniuses and the technologies they created actually had an impact on the world.

Scarlet Witch is Sorceress Supreme, the result of a treaty between the Elder God's and the Vishanti, and battles against Lore, her dark counterpart, who is the avatar of Shuma Gorath.

What if Daredevil just shot Bullseye right in the fucking face and walked out the damn room

I was thinking about that. A gang turf war with each side trying to get there hands on muties and alien weapons in New York during the early 90's.

>What if superheroes emerged while humanity was still a bunch of hunter-gatherers (basically 1602, but cavemen instead of colonists)?
>What if Marvel bought the rights to every series they ever made a licensed comic of (e.g. ROM, Micronauts, Conan the Barbarian, Transformers, Beavis and Butt-head, etc.)?
>What if Marvel and DC crossed over all the time, stretching back all the way to the Timely and National days.

It's something that kind of bothers me about the real universe is that the army seems to find no value in actively recruiting mutants or Nuhumans. Though I have seen more powered people as members of SHIELD and other organizations in the background. And there was that time in one of the X-books with the mutant tattoo artist. But I also mean like when Starks buisness was seeing a down turn for a time why not take one of the power cells or batteries or Stark reactors that's years and years outdated and just sell that shit to the public or team up with some company for rights to put them in work equipment(after some safety modifications of course). Something that could power an Iron Man armor I'm sure could power a house for a few years.

>What if the X-Men were open about Xavier's School for Gifted Mutants
Series is set in the 60's and pretty much exactly the same from 60's era marvel X-Men except Charles never controls the minds of anyone who stumbles upon his school. He is upfront with everything he does and as a result is vilified for it. The X-Men themselves are exposed for their mutant abilities and treated as second class freaks and monsters to be feared from society. In reverse, however, Magneto chooses to keep to himself and has abandoned all of mankind. He and his Brotherhood of Mutants live far away in an unstoppable iron kingdom that acts as a safe-haven for all of mutant kind. Because of the time this is set in, the only mutants that would be referenced are the ones that actually appeared during Kirby's original run. Blob and Unus are arguably the strongest villains that the X-Men fight, but really they're just catalysts for the tension between man and mutant-kind. The ending of the book is a riot at Xavier's mansion after Iceman fails trying to save someone's life and in the process looks like he tried to kill an innocent civilian. During the riot, Charles refuses to act at all beveling that any use of violence would only further justify the hate of the average man, which results in the X-Mansion burning down. Charles and Iceman die in the flames as the rest of the X-Men flee from the scene entirely. The X-Men disband entirely after that. Cyclops and Angel have their mutant abilities removed surgically, and through the process Cyclops is left blind and Angel paralyzed from the waist down due to how his wings are attached to his spine. Jean Grey goes about her life completely normal, although she knows she will always live the rest of her life never achieving her full potential. And finally Beast seeks refuge with Magneto in his haven for Mutant-kind, where he spends the rest of his life using his knowledge to spread hate towards homo-sapiens. The fucking End

Dr. Strange and Dr. Fate meet in an extra-dimensional bar and brag about their favorite super heroes. After a half page of drinking, they decide to settle the dispute manually. Ergo...

>>Elseworlds: Spiderman goes to Gotham

and

>>What If: Plastic Man Joins the Avengers

>We already had the elseworld with aging heroes.

>What if the Hulk had two (2) dicks?

> what if spiderman had a sidekick

gay

Those are crossovers, not elseworlds

What if Peter Parker was Doctor Doom's protege?
Instead of going to the demonstration on radiation Peter goes to one on robotics done by Victor von Doom himself. He impresses Doom with his knowledge and the latter decides to keep an eye on him. After the death of Uncle Ben Peter gets a letter telling him that he's been chosen for a full scholarship to a prestigious Latverian university where he once again catches the attention of Victor. Eventually he develops his own armor and learns a bit of magic related to the Web of Life.

They kind of did a realistic take of that with "what if spider-man stopped the burgler"

Long story short spidy becomes a famous dick and drives JJJ to attempt to murder him because "muh son".

Something something Maximoff twins, something something plane

God Ramos is garbage

What if the majority of the world population were various monsters such as vampires or demons to the point normal humans were de facto discriminated against and developed in response they rapidly focused technological advancement to the point they made cyborg super soldiers from self-experimentation and became the real monsters?

>Greetings, faithful readers! I am Uatu, the Watcher. An observer of all that which occurs throughout the known and unknown cosmos. I peer through the infinite expanse of the multiverse, recording the endless parallel worlds that divert from the Earth you are familiar with. Shaped by the incalculable, infinitesimal changes of fate, these alternate Earths differ greatly from your own.

>I see an Earth where a Civil War between the world's mightiest heroes was resolved not with deception and violence, but with courage and understanding.

>I view an Earth where a group known as the Sentinels, not the Avengers, had been entrusted with the protection of the planet by it's inhabitants.

>I even perceive an Earth where the age of dinosaurs had started anew, the entire planet a savage land where mankind must compete with their prehistoric predecessors for survival.

>Before you, I present an Earth with a history most grim. A world shaped by violence and hatred, where brave heroes were found wanting in the face of an unstoppable war machine. This Axis of evil brought ruin to many cities with their bombs, and trampled upon many freedoms with their jackboots. It is a world almost absent of hope, but not for much longer. It is a world answers the question--

>WHAT IF... CAPTAIN AMERICA LOST THE SECOND WORLD WAR?

what if Cyclops became Captain America
what if the Agents of Atlas never disbanded
what if Mary Jane was Carnage

take all of the megacorporations owned by superheroes and supervillains and replace them with biker gangs

I'm so sorry for your loss.

Cabin America

Pretty unfunny. Look up necrophilia to know what I'm talkin bout

>wolfenstein the new order

What if Marvel didn't have a sliding timescale.
What if the MCU actually got good comics.

What if the government was actually competent?

I like miles better than him. He seem to be too boring.

What if Iron man went fucking nuts and build futuristic city fill with robots.

And become the king of future city.

What if Captain America fought in WW1?
What if Reed Richards became the Hulk?

> I like miles better than him.
> He seem to be too boring.

That's literally the plot of Fantastic Four Big Town, it kinda sucked.

what if it was canon in the main universe

>DUDE WHAT IF CAPTAIN AMERICA FOUGHT IN THE CIVIL WAR

But that did happen

>That one was done in the 00s.

It was also done in the 80's.

comicvine.gamespot.com/what-if-46-what-if-spider-mans-uncle-ben-had-lived/4000-24621/

An idea I've been toying with is having mutants be present since forever, but those mutations being subtle, and essentially just producing smarter, better humans. The crazy looking mutants are far and few between, scorned by the others.

We open in 2020 or something, with the mutant population being the majority, but still looking human. The well-known X-Men and whatnot are in positions of power all around the world.

The main powers are the House of Magnus (Genosha is the capital, but he also controls Australia), the Xavier Chapter (he controls all of America), the Empire of Doom (all of Europe plus Russia), the Wakandan Kingdom (all of Africa) & the Atlantean Republic (the seas).

So basically we live in an ultra-futuristic but also clean world, with the good looking mutants at the top. The ugly ones like Nightcralwer and Blob are living like peasants.

So you have all these Houses trying to one up one another, the Human Resistance, plus the Ugly Mutant Resistance all looking for war.

Towards the end only the House of Magnus would remain on Earth, with Doom colonizing another Planet. Then we'd get into some Celestial/Old Ones stories.

Such a Universe really has potential. House of M was a nifty idea, and it could be done in the vein of Dune/The Man in the High Castle.

What if Spider-Man survived a What if?

should also have 'Starklandia, the Iron Island' with Tony Stark representing tranhumanists who refuse to be left behind by homo superior but don't ideologically support the 'human resistance' because they would rather out-do mutants than just get rid of them. Emphasis on ideologically, plenty of members could have personal reasons for supporting the resistance on the sly

Damn good idea user. So you have:

>Magneto and his "if you're not a human-looking mutant with Top Tier powers, GTFO" mutants
The "only the elites" place. Nothing less is allowed.

>Charles and his "every mutant is welcome" mutants
So they're more open, but still the rulling class are the good looking ones, with some exceptions. If you're Toad, you can stay there, but you'll never get that Jean Grey pussy.

>Doom in his creepy castle
Straight-up out of a (creepy) fairy talebook. Victor is still stuck in medieval times. Churches everywhere, an all white population, all that jazz.

>Black Panther in his "Blacks Only" Safe Space
Nothing changes, really. Same as in the books, it's just all of Africa instead of Wakanda. All whites have been shipped off to Doom's Domain.

>Namor and his... sea people
Not much to say, really. He'd die pretty early.

>Stark's Utopia
Think Columbia from Bioshock: Infinite, but extremelly more high tech.

Old angry foreign spiderman takes on young american female apprentice and ends up saving her from a creepy super stalker.

wasn't that basically the What If with Spider-Assassin. They had him hook up with the young martial artist girl that kinda looked like Gwen

Not a what if but
>a Spidey/Peter vs Green Goblin story set in a folklorish world with the Goblin having actual ties to the fairfolk
>with lot's of beautiful and trippy artwork
A Halloween story maybe

>What if Peter Parker became the Punisher?
I'm actually a little frightened of that one.

welp

what if anything Cable did actually mattered and had an impact on the world and didn't become redundant because of some asspull/conflicting reason

What if Iron Man raped the Green Goblin

That would solve some problems pretty quickly.

what if generation x was relevant?