What are some of the best temporary art style shifts in cartoons?

What are some of the best temporary art style shifts in cartoons?

Other urls found in this thread:

youtube.com/watch?v=1EFA5p4WwXQ
youtube.com/watch?v=nljYRAOLtJc
youtube.com/watch?v=xvks9zNnNHc
youtube.com/watch?v=sqRL_YTTv0o
youtube.com/watch?v=H0Sy6GJAQto
youtube.com/watch?v=sQiGDdlJuPg
web.archive.org/web/20040525232041/http://savedisney.com:80/
web.archive.org/web/20040528091356/http://www.savedisney.com:80/news/se/killing_animation.asp
twitter.com/NSFWRedditVideo

a favorite

Absolutely perfect

Even if the episode itself was "squandered potential the episode", the Disney scene was nonetheless beautifully animated (probably has to do with it having actual Disney animators on board).

From the same episode.

That was pretty good.
That was meh. It was pretty good until it went full anime during the fight.

That Stewie is so damn cute

Does it count if its an entire episode? Because this was fucking great, I loved the coloring.

I liked how the background moved

Teen Titans go has a few episodes like this. Off the top of my head I can name "Squash and stretch", "40%, 40%, 20%", and "Two Parter"come to mind. As much shit as it gets they're really good at changing up the art style.

2000s core

>Does it count if its an entire episode?
Probably, I think OP is mainly excluding permanent shifts like American Dragon's art style for example.

>Because this was fucking great, I loved the coloring.
Agreed

A trend with TTGO seems to be that the good episodes are usually the ones that shift the art style

Technically not temporary, since it's an intro, but still.

AHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHH

I think that is more DeviantArt core than 2000's core. 2000's core would be either Gendy/Hartman imitation (normal art style) or faux-anime (pic related).

A little unnerving in practice, but an engaging idea.

I win

youtube.com/watch?v=1EFA5p4WwXQ

The D&D episode looked so fucking good, I would love to whatch a fantasy show on that style.

Dan Hipp's art is really mesmerizing to look at

I already has it up.

My favorite is the 80s aesthetic one.

Why was that like one of the most fugable versions of the characters? Makes me wish the other characters were drawn like this.

>Black
>Jewish

funny you should make this thread OP
youtube.com/watch?v=nljYRAOLtJc

Stop, my dick can't stand that Lois anymore than this.

Dammit Hartman stop wasting your life on FOP and make a new series already. Preferrably one that doesn't suck this time.

I love the wide shots in the Lego Movie that use mini models like this.

One of my favorite episodes.

KND was also pretty fun when it changed up its art style in Operation: REPORT & BRIEF

>Dat fucking ending.
this fucking nigga

Cant believe i fucking laughed at a cory in the house joke.

>bleedman.jpg

This was great, also the ninja assassin fight where he hid in the light.

God that episode's animation was fucking great

Fucking Cory

Is that supposed to be the Ralph Steadman art style

The Jimmy characters looked fine but Timmy and the faries looked absolutely atrocious.

Dragonball honestly has such a perfect artsyle. It's anime of course, but at the same time has such a creative uniqueness to it.

As much as I despise this show, every appearance of Starfire is great.

would love to see a Miami Vice Simpson show

What Jimmy to FOP succeeded at where FOP to Jimmy failed was that the former was a translation of character design to a new style while the later was attempting as hard as possible to imitate obviously not meant for 3D designs in 3D.

Bassically, 2D Jimmy doesn't look like a traced over render of Jimmy while 3D Timmy looks like a horrible attempt at an overtly faithful polygonal model of a Timmy drawing.

Not exactly a typical or even a great example of an art shift but it's such a unique one at least for me that I couldn't resist posting it.

I can explain if anyone wants explaining.

Ethiopian Jews and converts like Sammy Davis Jr. exist user. They aren't all dumb "Hebrew" Israelites.

I see that loss

goddammit

Pfft. Please, "nyeh' universe was where its at.

It's so weird. So much of Hartman's animated stuff looks really homogenized, but his linework here has a very natural feel. It may of the first time I've actually liked Hartman's art. Him talking so earnestly about Speed Racer was adorable. Neat Trixie Tang detail,
too

Fucking Cory

THE BROODWITCH

Sure. I have an idea on why it's good, but I'd like your take

SPEED RACERED

Left is so much better, that's a huge contrast.

Best anime

That's Bob on the left though.

PUSH IT TO THE LIMIT

the WHAT?

Timmy btfo by Hartman's OC fanfiction

god it really annoys me that they went with yet another lazy "Meg is Ugly" gag here, not to mention the whole Antisemitism gag ruined the whole bit(there's not even any truth to the whole "Walt Disney was an Anti-Semite" rumor, and yet it keeps getting parroted)

It's the only time Lois looked good. I don't know how people fap to the normal Family Guy artstyle.

>Mario & Luigi Paper Jam

youtube.com/watch?v=xvks9zNnNHc

youtube.com/watch?v=sqRL_YTTv0o

The jew

FUCK, I'm so salty that anime ended.

HEY BETER

qt raven

He was no more anti-Semitic than any other person of that time.

youtube.com/watch?v=H0Sy6GJAQto made by Studio 4C back in Japan

Damn... looks like I'm a Toot missile now

No joke this is the one and only time Cyborg ever looked cool.

go hentai titanger?

That one time when KND poked fun at DBZ.
youtube.com/watch?v=sQiGDdlJuPg

That whole shift of hatred towards Walt and the supposed rumour of Walt being a anti-semite came about during the 80s and 2000s when Roy E. Disney was being squeezed out of the Disney company.

web.archive.org/web/20040525232041/http://savedisney.com:80/

web.archive.org/web/20040528091356/http://www.savedisney.com:80/news/se/killing_animation.asp

It looks exactly the same

Neat joke.

He was, provably, significantly less anti-Semitic than other business owners of that time.

I'm legitimately upset at how good this animation is, because you don't see this kind of wonderful 2D animation anymore. The fact that we had to get this as a fucking Family Guy gag just makes me more depressed than anything.

also it's wasted on a song where the characters just say "pie" over and over. Everything about it is typical Family Guy laziness except the visuals

Cyborg's design kinda reminds me of Omac

I appreciate it having an impact on their television animation.

>the entire episode is a bunch of sketches/quick scenes with wildly different art styles
I miss this trope, KND pulled it off really well.

Kung Fu Panda are better than something like that has any business being.
1 is a surprisingly good movie, and not all of the humor falls flat.
2 is actually a really GREAT movie, with good pacing, good story, and good humor.
3 is kind of a stinker, the humor mostly misses and the plot mostly misses. But it has its good points.

I will never understand why people are afraid of this thing.

Didn't it spark a discussion in China about how it managed to present Chinese stuff better than Chinese movies or something?

>"Walt Disney was an Anti-Semite"
Yeah, it seems he wasn't personally all that antisemitic, but associated with a lot of antisemitic people in business. If anything they should go after the racism aspect which has a lot more weight to it.

I don't know, but they'd be right. They can blame the cultural revolution for that.