Voltron: Legendary Defender

Netflix has released a Japanese dub for VLD.
Here are some clips:
>twitter.com/sameppp/status/870704837695987712
>twitter.com/sameppp/status/870713963910053888
>twitter.com/sameppp/status/870723383696138240
>twitter.com/sameppp/status/870733893405507584

Other urls found in this thread:

twitter.com/sameppp/status/870739171047907328
youtube.com/watch?v=a-Fnx7BKviY
twitter.com/chan_lewd/status/870724270489468928
twitter.com/chan_lewd/status/870730763599323136
twitter.com/chan_lewd/status/870739275905740802
twitter.com/SFWRedditImages

I knew they would give Shiro a deep voice but not that deep lmfao

Is that Kenta Miyake as Hunk?

also is Shiro Katsuyuki Konishi or Tomokazu Sugita?

Klance is canon

all the guys sound way too old. allura and pidge are fine though.

They learned their lesson with the Western fandom and have aged all the Paladins up 10 years.

Keith sounds really deep. Lance is fine.

Hunk and Shiro are fine it's just Keith that sounds off.

praying that the based japs deliver us from tumblr fanart hell

>thinking the glorious nipponese would care
Buckle up for loli Shidge lads

From what I understand, it's still not airing in Japan yet, but maybe it will soon since it's dubbed now.

Yes, it's only available on Netflix America for some stupid reason. My Japanese friends have to use VPN.

Does it actually exist on Korean Netflix, or do they use a VPN too? Because it seems to be doing okay with Koreans.

Nips also like Klance. Expect more Klancerous growth.

Hoping getting seasons 1 and 2 all at once might persuade some people to ship Galra x Keith pairings.

I thought nips prefered Sheith.

Nips like Shidge.

The actors are pretty good but the localization is kinda weird. I don't think the translator was a native speaker. I wonder how the seiyuu felt when they were reading some of these lines.

Hunk and Pidge's voices suit them best. Lance has the Japanese comic relief archetype voice, kinda reminds me of Ataru from Urusei Yatsura. It suits him but it comes across like a slightly different character. People were saying Keith's voice is deep but I actually expected it to be deeper, it's just kinda husky.
Pairings like Sheith are fujo gold in Japan, but I don't actually expect the show to get that popular, anime-style western shows don't really catch on over there, and then there's the issue of the stiff localization that might be an obstacle for an audience.

The Japanese voice for Pidge is super cute

can anyone confirm any of the seiyuus.

Mice are shit

There's no credits so we can't confirm. There's this if you don't mind using google translate: twitter.com/sameppp/status/870739171047907328
Some of the names have multiple readings though so I'm not having much luck looking them up.

He's 40 years old now.

Nips liked NaruSasu as well. Fujos are strong.

She's kind of perfect. I'd like to hear a more serious scene.

Not getting the Japanese dub when I sign in to Netflix. I've got the French, Brazilian, Spanish, and German ones. I wonder if it takes a while to get to everyone or something. And yeah, I'm in the US.

They'll just get harassed by the fandom and delete all their stuff.

You have to change your account settings to Japanese.

The tweet is correct, those are the names listed in the JP credits. Should note only the Paladins and Allura are listed in the cast.

Lance: Mogi Takamasa
Keith: Katsu Anri
Shiro: Sugimura Kenji

These are the only ones I'm sure of. Pidge, Hunk and Allura I can't confidently say.

do you think Kaltenecker show up again? I know it's just a joke but I kinda want that fucking cow to have its own episode, turn out to be a wacky shapeshifting ayy lmao spy or something wild like that

So why are they using all the American names and not any of the original Go-Lion names from the version the Japanese are actually familiar with?

Their tastes aren't all that different to western fandoms most of the time, the difference is they don't have retarded tumblr problems and draw whatever they like.

>Keith: Katsu Anri

oh god now i remember his voice now. that's why it sounded familiar.

because it's an american show and not go-lion. beast king go-lion was a fucking nothing series in japan anyway so I doubt they care.

>Sugimura Kenji

Here's a funny one. Shiro is Finn from The Force Awakens Japanese dub.

>So why are they using all the American names and not any of the original Go-Lion names from the version the Japanese are actually familiar with?

The Japanese are very strict about making distinctions when a piece of media belonging to a Japanese franchise is made by people who aren't Japanese.

The 2008 Speed Racer movie was called "Speed Racer" in Japan and used all the US names, not "Mach Go Go Go", because they wanted to make it clear that it was the foreign version of the brand and not related to the original Japanese incarnation.

Transformers was weird.

G1 and Beast Wars had new names but after the movies they mostly keep the same names.

Still waiting for mice user...

Lance: Mogi Takamasa
Keith: Katsu Anri
Shiro: Sugimura Kenji
Hunk: Nakabayashi Toshifumi
Pidge: Omata Kana

Allura: Shimodoya Yui

I don't know who Coran is.

I'm ashamed to be looking forward to this. This fandom needs more pidge lewds and if it takes the lolifags to do it then so be it.

Allura: Shimodaya Yui

I don't know who Coran is.

i don't even into loli but I'm down just for all the expertly crafted interpretations of shiro's rod with culturally appropriate censor bar we'll get

They turned Voltron into SJW shit just like SU

They were taking a guess at Coran, he isn't listed by name in the credits but the Japanese name they gave is there. I'm guessing the bottom names are other cast members with no characters attached.

I've seen nip fanart for Sheith, Klance, Shidge, Shunk and Shklance, nothing else for now.

Any requests for a bored writefag?

coffee shop au where the dialogue is all Buffy quotes

This would probably be hilarious if I ever watched Buffy. Sorry fampai.

Sendak trying to keep himself entertained while floating in space. What does he think about? Does he fantasize about someone? Think about killing the paladins? Recall that time he saw Zarkon with his boots off and saw his crusty bunions?

Pidge builds a robot version of herself and copies her memories into it. Hijinks ensue. pance and/or shidge is fine too

Someone gets rule 63ed in a space accident. Everyone keeps waiting for them to go full slut or start wearing cute dresses or go into heat or something but it never happens.

I think that would work best with lance.

>They don't like my ship
Aww man.

coffee au where someone pisses in the drink and serves it to one of the paladins

Lance would do this to Keith.

Tears of a Rapper

youtube.com/watch?v=a-Fnx7BKviY

More clips
twitter.com/chan_lewd/status/870724270489468928
twitter.com/chan_lewd/status/870730763599323136
twitter.com/chan_lewd/status/870739275905740802

>Hunk: Nakabayashi Toshifumi

man i'm honestly disappointed it's not Kenta Miyake, it really sounded like him.

Writefag pls.

he does it to me and I maintain eye contact while drinking the entire coffee at once

He has a hard time directing the stream into the cup because of the phimosis.

Is this the FICTION IS REALITY!!!1 show?

Yes.

>3 months

The cast sure seems tired of this shit.

kek

Sometimes Bex is just completely done with their shit. It's funny, considering what a SJW she is. Even SJW have their limits with this fandom.

>ywn lick Lance's piss off the rim of a chai latte like it's the world's most retarded reconstructed hipster margarita

Lance will be the trans representation. Screenshot this.

Full episode rips when?

>pride month xDdd
June 8th is ocean day. If Lance's birthday is on that day then they might announce it tomorrow.

Someone is gonna English sub this Japanese dub for the weeaboo experience.

>"Why do you look nervous? My memories tell me I love you." Shiro was pinned to the floor under the youngest--and somehow heaviest--paladin. She sat crosslegged on him with a placid smile, chin in her hands and a dreamy look in her eyes.
>She leaned down until their faces almost touched, "Shiro, do you love me too?"
>"Uh, I, um," What was this? Had pidge been taken over by some kind of space parasite?
>"I'm not leaving until I get an answer. Do you love me, Takashi?"
>He hesitated, trying to search her for a hint at what was happening, but her face was frozen in that same smile. "Yes?"
>"Very well. Thank you. I shall tell Mis--"
>A glowing green boomerang clocked Pidge upside the head, capturing her attention. "Hello?"
> Shiro turned towards where it came from and found...Pidge? She stood in the doorway, trying to catch her breath. "Don't...Don't run away like that. You're not finished yet."
>"I'm not?" The Pidge on Shiro cocked her head to the side, "But I feel--"
>"Run emergency shutoff.exe" The fake pidge froze, allowing Shiro to push her off. "...Katie?" He turned to the Pidge in the doorway.
>"Yeah?"
>"What the hell is--"
>"She's an experiment. Don't ask. She didn't say anything weird, right?"
>"...Nope."

You probably didn't want slightly yandere pidgebot, but I could only think of slightly yandere pidgebot.

They announced the other birthdays like two weeks before the date, so that's probably not it. It'll probably be some time in the latter half of June.

Second best case scenario since it would make him a Gemini.

There's a few exceptions, like Japan changed Edge of Tomorrow back to All You Need is Kill.

Why do people hate Geminis?

Some stupid tumblr meme

Because they are the worst.

Actually, Cancerians are the worst.

No. Geminis from my experience are the worst kinds of people.

>Cancerians are the worst
we literally don't want to be bothered nor dragged into drama caused by careless strangers

Think they chose his birthday because of hitting the 50k mark on Twitter or did they always have him planned as a summer baby?

Wonder if this means Keith and Allura are going to have Autumn/Winter birthdays. The birthday calendar seems very front loaded.

is Lance I dare say mexican?

It's great user, thanks

He's Argentinian. Clearly white.

Yeah, its why they have till tomorrow to announce it if its on June 8th. Lance's day might be like Hunk's birthday where it isn't announced on a special day like how Shiro and Pidge's were.

t.Antonio Cambiasso

He should be a Virgo

Would they give him Ocean Day if he's going to be piloting Red anyways?

>Italians
>White
Pick one

Nah, I mean the actual date. First they say which Paladin's birthday it will be, and then some time later they announce the date, but they do it like 2 weeks before the actual birthday.

Fuck, I laughed so hard.

clearly lance is filipino

The most powerful race.

His image animal is a dolphin and he loves swimming on the beach back at home. He's already connected to water. They even said that each lion's powers are inspired by the Paladin, like Blue gets that sonar beam because it's good under water and Lance loves water, but also because it connects to Lance being loud. Even if he pilots Red it won't be permanent.

If you, uh, decide to expand on this story line... I'd be very grateful.

>image animal
If they're getting a Japanese dub, they're going to be needing image flowers now.

I have a sudden need for a shidge threesome with pidgebot.

Keith is AB blood type for sure