Try to see captain underpants with a friend and theres a bunch of kids here

>try to see captain underpants with a friend and theres a bunch of kids here
Kill me

That’s what you get for watching a kids‘ movie on opening week.

Movie was pretty good desu

honestly my favorite movie of the year. i was surprised by how funny it was. my only issue as a yuropean is that some jokes are very american like literally every joke about the awful school system so i'm not sure how that stuff would translate in dubs

>the awful school system
>not sure how that stuff would translate in dubs
The Latin American one will be just fine.

Just go on a weekday at a late showing. May not solve the problem because some parents are bad at their job, but it'll definitely push the kid audience down.

OP, you and everyone like you annoy me so fucking much. I remember when Finding Dory came out and I kept seeing people on Facebook like "I don't give a fuck, if any kids get in my way I'm shoving them out of the way and drop-kicking them, this movie isn't for you it's for ME!!"
God, just shut the fuck up.

I grew up on this book, fuck you for thinking im not entitled to it

You're not entitled to anything

Christ. You're not any more mature than the kids you're shitting on.

I was reading this shit when 80% of the audience weren't even alive.
A child next to me screeched non-stop
Up until the Dreamworks logo, because her father had the sense to teach her to hush when the actual movie started. The rest of the film went without incident except for some nigger child cutting a jig in front of me during the credits which was mildly hilarious.

Going to movies with kids isn't as big a clusterfuck as a lot of people think, and I live in a ghetto hellhole.
Just gotta go to early afternoon weekday showings, the single mother nigresses don't drag their gremlins to theatres until at least four pm

seriously though, kids now will not appreciate the movie the way everyone who grew up with the series would

They're not making any new captain underpants books; there is no connection to the media

I guarantee you it will just be a blip on the radar for today's attention deficit youth, just like SING or the Lego Movie or any other vibrant cartoon meme film

Going to see it in an hour with my friends. Since it's a 9:30 3D showing i'm hoping for a lack of little shits, but we'll see.

I'm greatly looking forward to this, books were great, though I admit I only read the first 5 or 6 as a kid.

And? You don't need to read the books to enjoy the movie. Face it you are just some dumbass mad at kids for going to see a kids movie.

Not him, but I'm entitled to be able to watch the movie I paid for.

>only read the first 5 or 6 as a kid
This is the case for pretty much everyone, his dad had (VAGUELY DEFINED TERMINAL ILLNESS) and he stopped for five or six years after purple potty people to take care of him.
I imagine this is what contributed to post-Potty books getting increasingly off the rails.

Same as everyone else who is there.

this. also small theaters in the middle of nowhere work too. they're cheap and empty.

>kids in a kids movie
gasp

I know what is the world coming too when mature adults like me going to see kids movies have to endure kids at said movies. Why are they not filled with mature and amazing people like me? Oh woe is the fate of the enlightened

>got a seat and a stupidly huge tub of popcorn/drink for just twelve bucks total
Felt goodman

An adult getting mad about kids attending a kid's movie sounds like something Dav Pilkey would make fun of

Definitely

They have those. Its called "go really late at night".

> Boss Baby
> Captain Underpants

Dreamworks is unironically having a better year than Disney or Pixar.

Was Boss Baby good? I haven't heard anything good about it.

i was expecting it to be utter shit but it's actually just extremely generic with the only good moments being tim's imagination where they change the animation style at times

They're called niglets.

casual racism, yay.

tumblr BTFO

where do you think we are, harold

Boss Baby was good and I have no idea why it became such a cool thing to bash the film.

>Boss baby was good

Ahahahahah

>Dreamworks is unironically having a better year than Disney or Pixar

Neither Disney or Pixar have released a movie in 2017

>Boss Baby
>Good

I once saw Finding Dory on opening night, there were only 5 or 6 people, all adults.
>pic related, the theater I went to

Why wouldn't you think there would be kids there?

It's pretty good.

So yeah, there weren't any real little shits, and one of the kids there was really getting into it which was fine.

Movie was way better than I thought it'd be, I had a great time. I also liked that they did try and do something nice for Mr. Krupp in the end too.

Brang me back to a chapter of my life in elementary school where those Captain Underpants comics were all I wanted to read from the school library. Good times.
It was pretty faithful and full of fanservice for people who read the books.

I have news for you user.

>Captain Underpants and Harry Potter books were the ones we had the most copies of in the library
>There were still waiting lists to checkout the books
Thank god my parents loved me enough to buy me my own copies of the series.

Pirate it home later, unless you are a moralfag.

it did make money

Why are there so many kids at a kids movie, guys?

Get fucking used to that feeling, OP.

Latinofags here. Are American cinemas that shit voer there that they just allow kids to screech constantly?

I have gone countless of times to see animated movies with the room filled with children and sure screech before and after the movie but I have never dealt with one DURING the movie.

It's like all those stories I heard of people speaking or clapping mid movie. Are cinemas over there that shit?

Making money does not necessarily mean a movie is good, user

I know kids are annoying during movies, but you really shouldn't be surprised when there are kids there to watch a kids movie. If it really bothers you, go at night or sometime late.

So how was the movie? I'm a bit bothered by the kids voices. They just sound off to me in the trailers.

Super Diaper Baby movie fucking when?

Does anyone remember that Ebola joke made by Poopypants?

I'll give the list of things that will/did piss off Captain Underpants fans who have read the books
WARNING MASSIVE SPOILERS FOR THE MOVIE!
>Mr. Krupp catching and separating the boy is not what happened in the book Mr. Krupp videotaped them and blackmailed them into being their servants
>The 3D Hypno Ring was not found in a cereal box and not destroyed in the end
>Where is Dr. Diaper he was the first bad guy in the first book
>The Turbo Toilet 2000 was accidently created by George and Harold and defeated by the Robo-Plunger not what happened in the movie
>Poopypants was the main villain in the 4th book why is he in the first movie also his motivations are drastically different in the book
>Captain Underpant did not get his powers through radioactive food it was the Extra-Strength Super Power Juice which was shown in the 3rd book the point of the first two and the first half of the third was he was an accidental hero
>the water reverse thing was not introduced until the end of the first book
Things they got right:
>George and Harold pranks especially the word switch one
>Weird Al did a song for the ost a clever node to one of George and Harold's pranks in the first book
>Everyone minus the main villain are all the same as in the book

Plant Squishies in the movie theater toilets. That'll show 'em

>go see rouge one with a friend
>see father and mother with their kid sit near the front
>fast forward to the end of the movie
>vader scene where he slaughters rebels
>hear kid burst out crying
>father is taking his kid out of the theater while he's crying on his shoulder
>trying to hold back the laughter