BEST ANIMATED FILM OF 2017 THREAD

Snap your fingers and he'll be right there!
That freaky bald dude in his underwear
He'll drop his trousers
And fight to save the day! the day! the day!

There he goes in his dashing cape!
Here he comes in his tighty whiteys
All the bad guys soil themselves every time they hear him say
Tra la la!

The animation for this movie is the best I've ever seen, and they keep to the source material amazingly while incorporating elements from multiple books. Overall a blast to see. except that Krupp got a happy ending

>post something you liked about the movie
>post your Name Changer Chart name

I'll start:

>The sock puppet sequence fucking killed me
>Snotty Wafflechunks

>tfw family keeping me stuck at home to do housechores while I missed the premiere of my childhood hero

fuck my life to be quite honesto familioso

I can't wait to see the film, but I have a question, are George and Harold's voices as jarring as they are in the trailer?

>best animation
>$38 mil budget
don't fucking tempt companies like that. the animation had some moments where you could tell how cheap it was, though admittedly it was funny how they joked about their low budget a few times in the movie

i got used to them after a bit
though when they sing it's pretty fucking awful. thankfully it doesn't last long and they squeeze a nice joke to soothe the pain

Is the movie worth me going to theater and looking like pedo?

The voices are strange, but you get used to it pretty quickly. What the movie lacks in casting it makes up for in visuals.

yes. there were many moments that i found myself laughing out loud. they have a good mix of well done potty humor, physical gags, sly commentary, etc. if it makes you feel better there was a good amount of adults at my screening. nearly 60% were adults

>You live in a time where you can enjoy a movie about your favorite childhood superhero.

has anybody scanned the art book yet? it's worth the full price of $40. i would scan it but my scanner is very small. but it's worth checking out, especially if you are also a cartoonist/animator.

>paying for literally anything full price
books especially, i can find the captain underpants movie artbook for $20

were they are parents, though? i feel like it should draw a good college crowd. i'm 24 and planning on going. i was going to wait a bit, but now...

>Captain Underpants -> CU
>Marvel Cinematic Universe -> MCU

What did they mean by this?

actually yeah most were parents. i think i was the only college kid but i didn't give a fuck. the movie's good and the kids were all quiet and not running around or screaming. i guess i got lucky

also i feel it's silly that you'd let something like this keep you from going to watch it. if you want to watch a movie, just go. no one really gives a fuck, and the theaters just want your money lol

I had a bunch of bookstore giftcards from a birthday that I had been waiting to use on something like this. I try to buy as close to the source as possible (that is, not amazon) so the artists get as much money as possible and will be able to make more things i like. plus if i bought the book secondhand it would not be registered as a sale.

i know this sounds strange, but it's less embarrassment and more wanting to not intrude on kids getting to watch the movie with a bunch of other kids.

i remember at toy story 3, though, it came out the summer before my senior year of high school and there were tons of other parents and high school aged kids there also bawling their eyes out. it was great.

TELL ME ABOUT KRUPP! WHY DOES HE WEAR THE TOUPEE?

eh, still not a good excuse. i've never once been to a full theater in america. even the new fancy ones barely get filled halfway through. i had read an article on how movie theaters in america are struggling to get full houses and i can actually see that.

I agree. I don't know what they were thinking after recording the Saturday song!

It legitimately upset me the way the changed the way Captain Underpants got his powers. The way he got them in the books was way better

Movie adaptations are never 100% like the source material

Edith is qt

It's weird to me that they gave her the name Edith. Considering his Secretary Ms. Anthrope's name is already Edith.

Well to be fair the name Edith Anthrope (Eat it and throw up) fits better for a cafeteria lady than a secretary

I can't believe Krupp finally got some!

>Eat it and throw up

I never noticed that

would you eat her tuna casserole

Almost every teacher has a pun name.
Terra Ribble (Ms.Ribble)
Edith Anthrope(Ms.Anthrope)
Mr.Meaner
Mr.Rected
etc.

of course I'll do
and her pussy too

Planning on watching it tomorrow, but I can't resist anymore

spoilers please?

what do you want to know?

Does flip-o-rama "works" in the movie?
What books it's the plot based on?
It's funny and fast paced like The Lego Batman movie?
Is Poopypants funny? or just a plot device?
Worth watching it on 3D?
How does the Krupp/Edith relationship goes?

During an action scene George interupts the action by giving the Flip-O-Rama disclaimer. Harold proceeds to explain all the action happening off screen through his own drawn flip-o-rama.

It's an amalgam of the 1st 4 books, with lots of easter eggs from the later ones. Most heavily it's a reference to the 4th one but is also very similar to the 1st one.

Pretty much.

He's funny, and they still keep him SOMEWHAT sympathetic.

I dunno. Didn't watch it in 3D

George and Harold actually set them up with a fake love letter prank. They go out to dinner together (which gets interupted by talking toilets and Krupp becoming Captain underpants once again)

Bless you user.

Does it end like "here we go again!"

If not, I'll cut my nutsack.
I hope it does well on the box office to get a sequel.

>that flip-o-rama
>that sock puppet gag
>that sympathetic krupp and him growing as a character
>edith a qt
>uranus
>that final scene
>credits

yeah at one point with the turbo toilet george and harold told the audience that the fight is too violent and expensive so they resorted to flip o rama. you see harold basically just flipping through a comic he made that's pretty much exactly like in the books. pretty funny. as far as which books, it mixes the first, second, and fourth book, basically how captain underpants came to be and poopypants with the turbo toilet. in the end you see the smaller toilets come to life and wedgie woman in the credits, as they allude to a sequel. the humor is kinda like lego batman but funnier to me, and pretty fast paced yeah. in a couple of parts the audience was laughing too hard at one joke and didn't hear the one afterwards only to catch on to it a second later with delayed laughs which was pretty funny in itself. poopypants is also hilarious, he makes a lot of commentary on the modern school system and kids that i think older audiences will appreciate. as for the 3D, i can't say since i stopped watching movies in 3D a few years ago. it never seems to be worth it in my eyes. as for krupp/edith, they end up dating at the very end from a "prank for good" by george and harold.

fuck you beat me to it

yes

IT DOES

Both George and Harold say "OH NO! and then later down the conversation stream Harold says "Well, Here we go again"

yum yum eat em up

This thread is a disgrace.

>Wedgie Woman
FUCK I CAN'T WAIT
I'm believing in you Dreamworks!

considering the film cost only $38 million to make it shouldn't be hard for it to be a financial success. i really want a captain underpants trilogy

nigga wut?

Seeing those arms wiggle around would be some top-tier animation effects.
I'm also hoping to see Bionic Booger Boys eventually.

Just like a young Dav Pilkey

>allude to a sequel
That was his secretary, Wedgie Woman is the gravelly-voiced teacher woman.

Unless I missed a second credits scene.

I want George's and Harold's giant robot versions so much

i mainly meant the talking toilets pointing towards an obvious sequel but wedgie woman is referenced in the background and during the actual credits, not the mid-credits scene. they might have just been showing the comics george and harold made but considering i only noticed wedgie woman and not something like the bionic booger man makes me think they'll have her in the sequel if it happens

great job with that spoiler tag, kiddo

nigga....

Oh, so posting about credit sequences requires a spolier now? Ridiculous but whatever.
He's implying when the credits row you see Wedgie Woman and various other references to the books from classic to recent ones like Melvin's tentacle suit.

So from 1 to 10
How qt is Edith?

I don't know what it is but Schaal doing anything but her usual screeching just gets my motor running

I dunno. Schaal's regular speaking voice turns me on pretty hardcore too.

Excuse me?

I'm so glad we got Afro George in the movie.

SAVED

IT STANDS FOR HOPE

Nobody's posting their chart names >:(

I think having the chart in the thread helps.

Chim-Chim toilet Sniffer
Didn't even have to look.

>greasy waffle lips
what did pilkey mean by this

Falafel Pizza Fanny

>Poopsie Toilethead
Fuck, fits too well

>Pinky Pizzabrains

Honestly not all that bad

Easily a 9 at minimum.

Man, when they got to the Flip-O-Rama and then when Harold ripped the page , me and my brother fucking started cracking up. Holy shit that was gold.

>Poopsie Lizardhead
Some people get all the luck. I dunno, mine sounds "wacky yet bland" at the same time.

My brother and I laughed hardest at the Saturday Morning song, specifically how its ends.

I want to see the robots kick the dodgeball into another film

Cheeseball Gizzardfanny here.

>spoiler
Yeah, that was relatable.

I'm Fluffy Pizzahead, I don't even have to look!

Stinky Gizzardbrain, I know without looking.

I'm not sure about sequel prospects since they straight up dumped a lot of pages from future books in the credits.

Was there any more credits scenes? I left after punchline for the On-Hold joke and the credit scroll started.

>All these spoilers

I can't wait to see it

I'm sick and tired of cartoons with children who act and sound like adults

Why can't you just get some VAs who sound like kids instead of trying to appeal to millenials?

They spend the entire movie freaking out over literally nothing and make comics that are just poop and underwear jokes
how much more childish do you want them to get

It's obnoxious and jarring to hear a 10 year old kid talking and making epic quips like a 21 year old college student

They do it so they can hire the same voice actors for the eventual sequel

Shit that was nice

and when people make shit where kids actually sound like kids people whine because (spoiler) kids sound/are fucking dumb

>Stinky Diaper Chunks

Fuck, I've got the feels again...

I never read this series as a child because a fat downy in elementary school ruined it for me by doing a book report on it and he went to the bathroom to change into a costume and it was him putting the underwear he was wearing that day on over his pants and there were large visible skid marks and he smelled horrible. I was sitting in the front row right by where he was giving his presentation and it was one of my worst school experiences.

>Buttercup Bananachuncks
I sound delicious

>Poopsie Gizzardtush

Fuck this takes me back.

And that's it

>I'm sick and tired of cartoons with children who act and sound like adults

you clearly haven't seen the movie then. they sound older than they should but they are pretty much like every elementary school kid you know