What is so great about Nolan's trilogy?

What is so great about Nolan's trilogy?

Other urls found in this thread:

youtube.com/watch?v=TKdjsu4-704
twitter.com/NSFWRedditVideo

Big guys

It takes itself seriously

youtube.com/watch?v=TKdjsu4-704

They were crime movies, not cape movies.

Babby's first action thrillers

>"Five dead. Two of them cops."
Who was the second cop? I think I know the other three, but not the other cop.

And how did Gordon find out about those killings so quickly and no indications of investigating?

>le bland batman with a raspy voice
>le edgy clown
>the big guy
>the worst catwoman ever
>muh realism
>the most overrated director of the decade

Nothing. Even Burton's Batman was better.

Music and memorable as fuck quotes.
Wasn't it the other guy with either Harvey or Dent in his name?

Good perfomances, good themes, good aesthetic, revolutionary approach to the superhero genre and lack of anything in said genre coming anywhere near since it ended

>the worst catwoman ever
C'mon user, that's not Halle Berry's Catwoman.

Pretty much this. Just rewatched rises for the fifth time yesterday with a friend and I can safely say people give it way too much flak. Sure it wasnt as good as TDK or as amazingly paced/stylized as Begins but Bane was amazing, John Blake was a great character and everyone gave mindblowing performances like always

My only real "gripe" with this series is that Batman shouldnt use the raspy voice while he talks normally. Maybe go into a slightly lower register or something, but save the roaring for when youre actually shouting

Its also sad that millions of capeshit contrarians hate these movies because they are popular/ well liked. Nolan treated batman and his mythos with 200% more respect than any other filmmaker to date and went beyond le cool muscle man fighting

No, the joker told them he did that, and was long before Rachel was killed.

The only possible second cop is Ramirez, but he only punched her instead of shooting her.

200% of .04 respect is still not a satisfying amount of respect

I was ok with Rises but its an incredibly stupid movie

>Oh no, these terrorists are killing people downtown and now have access to the nation's funds
>Fuck that there's Batman he killed Dent all cops get him

Begins and Knight borrow a lot from Year One and Long Halloween.

The Rachel character was a mistake and Rises is a total botch though.

How exactly did nolan not respect the source material you fucking contrarian kid?

No matter how deep or shallow you look at it, it is more batman than 99% of the shit that flies in your average batman serial

Begins borrows from year one/ the haunted knight

TDK takes from long halloween/ the killing joke

TDKR is obviously dark knight returns/ knightfall

I'm sure everyone agrees that was stupid.

Logan is on par with it I'd say.

No way. Logan is good but it's worse than Nolan, that third act with the clone shit would ruin any movie. Up until the hotel scene they were on par, I agree

Clone shit doesn't ruin it. Logan was engineered to be a mindless killer but he had humanity, and in the end he had to literally overcome a mindless killer version of himself to save people he cared about.

It was poetry.

>that third act with the clone shit would ruin any movie

Leave my board.

This

dude the clone shit was really good. it was the bad guy getting killed by those kids that wasnt very good.

>Nolan treated batman and his mythos with 200% more respect than any other filmmaker to date
No detective work, barely any gadgets, jobs to Bane for no reason (works in Knightfall because he was grieving after Superman's death), kills Ra's by putting him in a death trap and saying "don't have to save you :^)," falls from a building and doesn't use his grappling hook, which even the most casual of casuals know about, OC love interest that added literally nothing to the movies, terrible Bruce that doesn't care about his company or employees, and worst of all, an Alfred that betrays him. Despicable.

And this is just about the mythos, the other aspects of the movies were far worse.

I remember a lot of fans believing that this was the Riddler

>no detective work
literally every movie has him in the batcave analysing a bullet or scene. Also, that has always been the least interesting part of Batman.
>barely any gadgets
I guess but why is this a negative?
>jobs to bane for no reason
he was living in his house as a walking cripple where he got beat the shit out of someone bigger and faster than him. Also there's a few big ol speeche about him not believing in himself/fighting for the wrong reasons.

eat a dick. only negative of these movies is that the fighting looks like ass throughout.

Have you even fucking seen the movies you retarded kids?

>No detective work

are you fucking retarded? The whole second act of begins revolves around him tracking the narrows drugs, TDK has him trying to figure out the jokers identity, even going as far as reconstructing fingerprints from shattered bullets, the movie literally ending with him having a spy network of entire gotham. The only one where he barely does "detective" work is rises and thats because its more about batmans physicality

> barely any gadgets

batarangs, sparks, smoke bombs, grappling gun, multiple sonar tools, plastic explosives, switches to control lights

> jobs to Bane for no reason

how about Bane being a fucking bodybuilder being on what amounts to enhanced morphine/adrenaline while Batman is an old skinny man whose entire body has degenerated to the point that he can barely walk? The whole point of the fight was to parallel the mutant leader encounter where batman tries to beat a more capable man by resorting to what worked when he was in his prime

>kills Ra's by putting him in a death trap and saying "don't have to save you :^),

Ra's put himself in the death trap, Bruce had already saved him once before

>falls from a building and doesn't use his grappling hook

by latching onto fucking what? the glass wall of a skyscraper? maybe the buildings on the other side of the street so they can both get crushed by the swing?

>OC love interest that added literally nothing to the movies

waaah waaah why wasnt it le vicky vale again

>Bruce that doesn't care about his company or employees

What? When has this ever been a part of his character regardless of the medium? Wayne enterprises is a fucking multibillion dollar company with probably thousands of parts adding to the structure, wayne tower just being a big shit full of suits

>an Alfred that betrays him

Had you seen the movies/ were over 14 you wouldnt say something this retarded

this. logan doesn't do as much philosophical heavylifting or have as good of a villain(still a great villain) but logan does have those really sad heartfelt moments that make you tear up.

he's got water...

Nolan's Batman wasn't constantly crying for mommy and daddy. That alone was a great accomplishment.

>father teaches him to get back up again
>bruce actually has a legitimate reason to feel guilty this time
>actually has a struggle about what to do when he confronts chill and it eventually motivates him to start the journey to batman

honestly much more tasteful than any origin he has had so far

>Also, that has always been the least interesting part of Batman
>being a detective is the least interesting part of the world's greatest detective

Fun villains, good cinematography

It told a good hero's journey story over the course of 3 movies.

Begins: rise of Batman
TDK: fall of Batman
TDKR: redemption of Batman

nothing they came out at a time when people didn't know what good movies were

a dark time before based marvel

It revived Batman on the big screen after Batman and Robin. It took itself seriously (sometimes maybe too much) and as a result, normies began taking capes more seriously. TDK made it clear that big budget cape movies don't need to appeal specifically to kids to make big money.

TDK and Iron Man (both came out in 2008) arguably kickstarted the current cape movie craze.

>bruce actually has a legitimate reason to feel guilty this time
Yeah, I thought this was a good addition to his origin. He feels he's responsible for their death because he was a pussy who got scared by some bat costumes and made them leave the theater.

I liked the films, but I feel like they made Scarecrow too much of a pushover and otherwise brushed him aside. I don't really fucking care about Ras Al-ghul, they should have had Scarecrow as the main villain of Batman Begins instead of turning him into a comic relief character after their first encounter.

Way too seriously to the point it becomes a parody of itself.
>revolutionary approach to the superhero genre
There is nothing revolutionary in bland robotic dialogue delivered in equally robotic tones and baby's first attempt at introducing philosophy.

TDK definitely set the mood for the current DC movies. They just put an incompetent director to take care of things.

for (you)

I guess the biggest problem with rises was that its plot had to be rewritten after Ledger's death

>Re-written after Ledger's death.
Didn't Nolan not really want to do a third film at all?

Dark Knight was originally conceived as two movies, with Two Face being the main villain of film 3 after Joker scarred and corrupted him in 2. They ended up condensing the story arc into a single film by ditching the "Joker on trial" plot thread the original third film would have featured.

Because despite what contrarians might say, they were smart action thrillers with respectful adherence to source material while keeping the content realistic and credible, had an all-star cast of thespians that delivered great performances with dramatic weight, the cinematography was excellent and way better than it needed to be for this type of film, the writing and script were tight, AND they had a dark, gritty tone and atmosphere without being depressing or grimdark that enhanced the story it was tryin to tell

>they were smart
If you're a complete retard, maybe. Everything about those movies was on the nose and preachy because Nolan is incapable of subtlety.
>keeping the content realistic and credible
Oh, yeah. All organized crime is finished forever because power vacuum doesn't exist, you can abduct a crime lord in China and it's not against the law or anything, all people are absolute hivemind of "good" because it's not like people living in horrible crime-ridden shitholes would be embittered and adopt "survive at all costs" mentality. But hey, if someone started a riot and tried to blow up the other ferry, it would go against the feel-good message.

It's funny how the movies treat them like the mindless sheep rather than actual people.
So realistic and credible.
>delivered great performances with dramatic weight
Every performance save a few was absolutely bland and wooden and the "dramatic weight" was cheesiness due to trying too hard with how self-important the dialogues are, considering the movies were as corny as Raimi's Spider-Man but with none of the charm.
>the cinematography was excellent
It was utterly mediocre
>the writing and script were tight
You have absolutely no standards.
>le contrarians meme
Fuck off.

>no argument
>LE EBIN STRAWMAN
Ah, it's like I'm back in 2008 arguing with Nolanfags again.

>ll people are absolute hivemind of "good" because it's not like people living in horrible crime-ridden shitholes would be embittered and adopt "survive at all costs" mentality

To be fair, Nolan's Gotham seems to be way less crime-ridden than comics Gotham. In Nolanverse, Batman retired for 8 years and people were doing fine.

Nobody needs an "argument" to debunk a contrarian neckbeard. That "argument" has been had a million times already. Nothing you said was substantial criticism, it was "this was shit, this was mediocre, this was for retards, you have no standards"

>debunk
Not like you idiots can do it.
So you ignored a large chunk of my post as expected from a Nolanfag and only focused on (rightfully by the way) calling you a retard. Bravo.
Oh, and crying about lack of substance in a post when yours is
>it's smart masterpiece for intelligent people like myself, if you disagree you le contrarian
is a height of hypocrisy.

It may not be South Africa-tier Gotham from comics, but Begins Gotham was obviously a shithole. And even then, people feel too . There's almighty gods aka named characters and brainless easily influenced (even more so than real people) masses aka everyone else. For all the Nolanfag crying of realism, it's absolutely unrealistic. People don't behave like that.

*feel too dull