I miss Cartoon Network City

I miss Cartoon Network City

Other urls found in this thread:

youtube.com/watch?v=j27vdTSn7IE
cartoonnetworkads.tumblr.com/post/27532980261
youtu.be/YycQ9vP8U7g
youtu.be/3mTtJlBkack
twitter.com/SFWRedditVideos

Where the grass is green and the girls are pretty?

youtube.com/watch?v=j27vdTSn7IE

Precisely.

I just love how all the cartoons work together in the same universe

TAKE ME HOME

I miss the resort

join us

To this day I wonder if those four characters you played as were actually from some obscure cartoons or if they were just made up for the games.

Also the Bungalow games were fucking comfy as hell as well, if absurdly easy to win.

>we will never have this again
>Cartoon Network will never have more than five shows again

it hurts

Seriously, all this thread is reminding me of is how much variety of shows CN used to have. Hell, its a good day if they play more than 4 shows.

I just miss the respect they had for all their cartoons. Back in the Cartoon Cartoon era, you'd get bumpers that gave Fred Flintstone and Johnny Bravo the same amount of screentime. It really felt like Cartoon Network genuinely liked ALL their programming, not just the modern stuff.

I'm glad it happened.

And that they stopped before modern shows I didn't watch came around.

They were from old cartoons
I distinctly remember the caveman and the cactus having one

That to. I remember how much reruns of old shows they would have each day, it added even more variety. Imagine how much better CN would be if they had reruns from their 2000s shows, most of the modern audience would even be watching them for the first time. I have no clue why they think rerunning the same 5 modern shows all week is a good idea.

Especially with all the nostalgia stuff in recent years. Why do they just show TT:GO all day?

Even if they played reruns of regular show or adventure time from the early seasons it would be better. We are a bunch of freaks who will continue to watch cartoons for most of our lives, but most of their audience will watch until they are around 11 or so. So most of their older audience was 4 when regular, came out and a strong majority of their audience will not remember the show's release, they could just show that even though it ended recently.

>most of their older audience was 4 when regular, came out

R A R E P A I R

FUCK ASHI

THE HOMEWRECKER

REEEEEEEE

I FIRST SET MY EYES ON SWEET MOLLY MALONE

Red Guy really let himself go

>Dexter and Buttercup are paired up
HA! I FUCKING KNEW IT! I knew there was some semi-official justification for that crack ship!

>Bubbles and Courage

huh

I mean, to be fair the series had a massive run especially compared to other shows. I wouldn't let it bother you. In fact that might be one of the problems with CN, we had a revival of the channel with so many good shows, but they just dragged on forever its had to keep track of when they started and when they will end. Regular Show went out well, Adventure Time is fading into oblivion and Gumball is just kind of going.

Do kids these days feel attachment to certain channels like we did as kids? When I flip on CN now I cant help but notice how little effort is put into their scheduling and events. Theres never any marathons or special events, just those semi regularly rerunned movies Im not sure anyone watches.

>Do kids these days feel attachment to certain channels like we did as kids?
Kids these days have access to Netflix and YouTube, so dedicated cartoon channels aren't their only source of animated entertainment. I have a friend who has three young children (9, 8 and 4), and they only know Cartoon Network as "that channel that plays Teen Titans Go".

because of this thread I decided to check out what was going on with the CN scheduling this week on a day with no events or movies, next Tuesday, a completely average weekday runs 6 shows. And 2 of those shows is one episode of Clarence and one episode of Uncle Grandpa, so its really just 4 shows the whole day. In fact, its TTGO all day with 3 shows filling in the gaps between TTGO reruns Does that sound like a channel you could get attached to.

Why did US CN never air half of the Ben 10 crossover bumpers?

cartoonnetworkads.tumblr.com/post/27532980261

My niece wasn't even talking when Adventure Time first aired and now she's nearing ten. I'm baffled at how far 2003 felt for me but how recent 2010 feels. Hell, 2008 was almost a decade ago.

>Creepy stuff happens in the middle of Nowhere.
>Muriel is in danger.
>Bubbles saves the day.
>Courage can relax and be a normal dog.

I kinda like this ship.

No, because back then there was literally two dedicated cartoon channels and a handful of partial ones. You were either a nick kid in the 90s or a CN/ nick kid if you were watching from 98-05

>Daphne is uncomfortable because of seeing Eddy

Is this Canon to that Ed and Daphne Short

Ashi was a mistake.

Makes sense. That show dragged on way past its prime and its flame is dying out. We are getting a sort of Dark Souls thing going on. The embers are fading, we are in that crazy as fuck end of the world stage with just a few bits of the good old days remaining. We just need one guy at CN to re-kindle the flame. Genndy tried.

As opposed to now-a-days how there's only two dedicated channels with no handful of partial ones? And now Nickelodeon barely shows cartoons anymore.
>FOX BOX
>KidsWB
>ABC Mornings
>ToonDisney (Now DisneyXD)

And now channels that used to exist for a sole purpose in programming are just "The Original Network 2.0" like NickToons and Boomerang.

It's the way of the world, user.
>New media appears
>Entrepreneurs and artists jump on board with it
>Initial stilted/bronze age as artists learn to harness the power they have
>Silver age happens when people know what works a bit better, and do some really good work, the medium has more powerful
>Enter a golden age, artists have two generations or more of art to look over. They understand their medium, their audience, the underlying ideas and themes, what works, what doesn't, and how to make something that hits on all marks
>Gilded age where the quality fades, but people still pay attention, because even though it's owned by the biggest and best company or companies now, they have a long-standing history of quality
>A faded age comes forth- the art is a shadow of its former self, waiting for someone to come along and revive it in a new form
>Repeat loop

They're from obscure cartoon pilots
youtu.be/YycQ9vP8U7g
youtu.be/3mTtJlBkack

The creator of Foe Paws also made The Loud House

Kids are glued to the Internet, YouTube celebrities, and inane social media by age 10-12. There's less variety and quality for a reason these days.

meanwhile , in South America

BASED AQUAMAN

I miss when Cartoon Network had a schedule with cartoons.

>Eustace not dancing at all

ha

They did. The guys running the show back then mostly liked the content they worked with, and it was apparent. That same enthusiasm came out in the big guys like McCracken and Tartakovsky who'd always put respectful tips of the hat to other Cartoon Cartoons and even older properties.

You'll NEVER have him, Johnny.

>How many geniuses does it take to open a car
Top bants Dexter

Bleedman was right

OH FUCK I DIDN'T KNOW THERE WAS AN HD UPLOAD

Is this the short that made people think Jack was gay?