/LOSH/

I want to get into legion of superheroes, but I dont want to start with the silver age. Is pic related a good entry point?
Also LOSH general

Other urls found in this thread:

legionabstract.blogspot.com/2010/10/where-should-i-start-with-legion-of.html
twitter.com/SFWRedditImages

Yes.

Paul Levitz’s second run is definitely a great place to start.
legionabstract.blogspot.com/2010/10/where-should-i-start-with-legion-of.html

Can anyone beat Darkseid solo?

Uh yeah.

> Someone never read Superman and Batman: World's Funnest

Speaking TGDS, I will never understand just why in the flying fuck everyone was giving Dream Girl so much shit for being elected leader. Nura literally did nothing wrong, and was a highly competent leader who's decisions directly resulted in the Legion defeating fuckin' Darkseid!

That whole undertone of conflict was dumb, and forced, and Element Lad is a salty little bitch. Fuck you, Jan.

Can someone make a recommendation list of trades/hardcovers that are out now/soon to be released?

Levitz had everyone giving Dream Girl shit because she was never supposed to be leader PERIOD.

It was a long running gag, dating back to the late 60s, that DC basically let readers/fans outright VOTE for who would be the canon Legion leader each year.

DC never fucking liked this though, because the fans always did shit that pissed the writers off.

Case in point, in the mid-1970s, shortly after he joined the team (due to fan wanting him brought back over the will of the writers), fans voted overwhelmingly to make Wildfire leader, which led to DC spending his tenure as Legion leader having Superboy (who they wanted fans to make leader instead) shitting all over Drake and his leadership, going so far as to even say Drake was an "illegitimate" leader due to Drake coming in second in voting but winning leadership simply because Superboy was a part time member at this point and part time members can't be leaders.

Fans never fucking forgave DC for that bit of shittery, so when DC brought back the leadership fan poll contest (having retired it after Wildfire won it), the main Legion fanzine being published at the time organized a major fucking push to get Dream Girl made Legion leader as a retaliatory "fuck you" to DC. Mainly because DC writers like Levitz and Shooter HATED Dream Girl and considered her a dumb slut character.

So Levitz has Element Lad shit on Dream Girl during the Great Darkness Saga because he didn't fucking want Dream Girl being leader. He wanted Jan to be leader instead (Levitz was a huge Element Lad fanboy, going so far as to create him a girlfriend and pushing them heavily).

Levitz eventually DID own up to the idea that Dream Girl as leader made her an A-List Legion member as far as proving to DC she had a huge fanbase. Then promptly made her a whore that cheated on Star Boy with Atmos (an obnoxious asshole of a hero) and had her quit the Legion to shack up with him.

As much as it's a weird thing to say, I'd recommend Legion Of 3 Worlds. It got me to actually want to read older Legion stuff.
Then, TGDS and The Curse, since they're easy to come by and good reads. Levitz/Giffen was solid Legion.

Bump

It's as good as any. The only "problem" is that there isn't a clean jump-in point in this era. If you buy the latest print of that collection they do include some of the buildup, but you'll have to kind of hit the ground running as far as who everyone is and what their relationships are. It's not hard, but it can be a little awkward.

This is good too. Though for Johns stuff I would start with the Action arc (Superman and the Legion of Super-Heroes). Lightning Saga was the actual start of that, but it was kind of meh so I'd skip it at first then go back if you're curious.

Yeah, it's where I started.

Man what a terrible fucking idea. "Lets let people vote!"

"We didn't like the vote better have everyone be an asshole about it!"

"What do you mean everyone's stopped reading."

>establish fan poll
>flip readers the bird over their decisions
Power breeds pettiness.

>everything about Nura
Wow. Go fuck yourself, Paul. Nura was never a dumb slut. Her very first story has her concoct an elaborate scheme to save the Legion, and it worked. Even Brainy pointed out that she's way smarter than she lets on. Hell, she was confirmed as one of the four smartest Legionnaries in Universo Project!

And really, slutshaming? She likes to get her fuck on, preferably with her boyfriend. Cry the fuck more, dude. That Atmos bullshit makes way more sense now with outside context. That was one of the cringiest things ever.

>Then promptly made her a whore that cheated on Star Boy with Atmos (an obnoxious asshole of a hero) and had her quit the Legion to shack up with him.

I think you are misrepresenting what happened, like a lot.

It's literally the reason Orion exists, dummy.

Honestly just start with Bates at Superboy #183. Bates' stuff is good, you get the intro of characters like Wildfire and Cockrum art.

>start with Legion of Superheroes vol3.
If you like it then go read the great darknes saga (because is awesome and has some tie in with vol4) and treat yourself with LEGION and REBELS
>Then go read vol4
>Try a little of post zero hour legion, I like the final issues (legion of the damned, legion lost, rah`s al ghul, etc.)
>then it goes downhill with supergirl and the young legion
>Superman (geoff johns and gary frank) bring back the old Legion and finally Legion of three worlds.
>New 52 is sadly not good, but you can join us waiting for a new promised series.

superman, doomsday, mr miracle and galactus have done it.
Also Darkseid has no shit over Santa Claus

What do you want to see in the Rebirth Legion?

At least she was still regularly used. I love Chemical King whenever he shows up but it seems like writers didn't like him or couldn't figure out a use for him so unlike Shadow Lass he couldn't get saved from his fate.

im surprised the rampant Snyder haters havent started shitting on the comic for all of its FORCED BIBLICAL IMAGERY!!!!
But seriously, thats a great page.

to be fair, that has been retconned to just be a single aspect/expression OF the greater god/idea of darkseid

Lemire's roster and a good writer

and superman singing darkseid out of existence in Final Crisis?

im not sure, going to have to ask Morrison, but according Multiversity he still exists as a greater entity outside of the multiverse (like the endless and the old gods) and they just have multiple expressions/versions/aspects throughout the multiverse.

Which makes sense, because gods are just personifications of ideas.

That wasn't a solo feat, you're forgetting Barry bringing the Black Racer too. And Bruce's bullet helped.

But that's what fractured him iirc

The Universo Project was never about grabbing smart people: it was about will power.

It's how Nura found out that Atmos was raping her via telepathy: he was grabbed because his mind control powers would have helped him break free from Universo's control, the same way Nura's dream power and Saturn Girl's psychic power, would have helped her escape Universo's control.