This looks like a job for... the Batman

How was this show so good!?

Other urls found in this thread:

youtube.com/watch?v=WMR5a3VtxVo
twitter.com/AnonBabble

This is one of the few good episodes

Same thing that made Beyond good: freedom of writing.

Name a bad episode, fool. Hint: you can't.

It was written by people who know how to write a fun batman. Sadly, this is also one of the reasons it got pretty bad later. Pushing Barbara and the Justice League stuff. The former because she was always whining about "Weh, you don't respect me like a real partner!". The latter since it made a weird transition.

>The former because she was always whining about "Weh, you don't respect me like a real partner!".
>implying she was wrong in any way whatsoever

>this one The Batman poster who clearly was born in 1997 shitting up this board with these The Batman posts

I didn't care much for the show, but the theme song was the GOAT Batman theme

First season or the following ones? The first one grew on me.

>The latter since it made a weird transition.
Did you whine about Teen Titans season 5 too?
How does shit taste feel?

the first

youtube.com/watch?v=WMR5a3VtxVo

I was strongly opposed to the theme song change at first, but the new one really grew on me eventually. It also made sense, what with Batman now having young sidekick(s) and all.

A lot of the justice league team ups were pretty boring

see

They were rushed all in to one season with no foreshadowing

>A show where cameo heroes were very common
>Vs a show where it was JUST Batman centered for all but one season
Are you actually retarded or just don't know how to make comparisons?

But on the other hand Teen Titans introduced far more characters in its season 5. It's really a wash.

It was made by the same studio that did Jackie Chan Adventures I think. That's probably why everybody was suddenly a shaolin master, even the fat midget Penguin

To be fair, they specifically threw in a line about him training when he was on his trip before the series started. It's a handwave, but still.

I know everyone says that but personally I don't see much of a resemblance between the JCA art style and this show's. If anything it's more similar to Teen Titans in that sense.

They had an episode where he gave her a Batwave phone or whatever as a sign of trust, and then the very next episode she went right back to whining. Either it was poor story editing, or they aired the episodes in the wrong order.

I hate that shit though. I thought the whole point of the Kabuki Twins was so Batman could kung-fu fight in Penguin episodes, but then they have him know kung-fu and he starts flipping around like prequel Yoda? Fuck that. I can totally buy Oswald picking up a few judo or Chinese boxing moves, that still should last all of 2 seconds in a fight with a guy who's bigger and exponentially more trained.

And he would rarely last longer than it took Batman to get inside his guard. The only thing that kept him up was the umbrellas and running. He just didn't look stupid doing it.

It was character regression they forced on her to bring Robin in. That was the last episode she showed up for the season. Next time we saw her, it was the next season and they regressed her so she can earn Batman's trust all over again, but this time alongside Dick.

I find Gordon pretending to have always supported Batman and Yin going missing to be a bigger offense.

builds batman's trust over the episodes to be his partner/sidekick.

freaking manlet just becomes sidekick overnight.

>Penguin arbitrarily doing action shit was terrible, he's this short fat man who can somehow jump around like a ninja
>Joker underwent a really comprehensive redesign where the fighting style he uses to go to to to with Batman was inspired by gymnastics and trapeze, tying back into the circus clown elements of his design and the bare feet introduces a sort of monkey like angle

Why was this show so inconsistent with the redesigns? Joker turned out fantastic, so did Firefly. Freeze and Ivy were kinda bland as characters but fucking god tier visually (The Batman has THE best Freeze visual design. Ever. )

I think it worked. That one three-way fight between Batman, Joker, and Penguin for the Joker Toxin antidote for that would cure Batman was pretty good.

To be fair, Bruce did have a deeper bond with Dick than he did with Barbara, and he actually has him living under his roof and supervision.

I just wish they didn't regress Barbara just to repeat the same arc. Or at least explain why she went back to her old belt instead of the newer one.

I feel like this show could have really been something special if the writers were allowed to chase some of the more fun ideas they seemed to have. The detective becoming clayface was fun and Yin was an interesting new character, but later seasons felt like they were being forced to go more "by the book" in terms of Batman. I was even a little bit annoyed that they brought in Robin wildly after I thought they had established that they were going to do things different and have batgirl be the primary sidekick. I dunno, the show just feels like wasted potential (with SO many amazing re-designs. Even Bane's transform was cooler than normal)

I know everyone masturbates to "MUH NORA" Freeze, but this did try to actually go with the traditional versions of villains not done before, or at least not done in BTAS and remember that this series was the reason we got so many good JLA Unlimited episodes that were focused more often on side characters was DC's forced Bat Embargo.

>so did Firefly

patrician tastes

Dude I loved this show, but come on. How about the first Scarface episode, or when Firefly became knockoff Molten man?

However, that 2nd Scarface episode was 10/10 just for them doing a shot for shot remake of Kyle's trip to the refrigerator.

I actually liked their modern scarface. Old Mafia is cool and all, but since they were trying to modernize the show, it was an interesting twist.

It has one of my favorite penguins in it.
Riddler's design was crap but I enjoyed the mind games he did

I liked it too, but that first episode wasn't that good. Same for the Big Guy episodes.

>Pushing Barbara
She was the best part of the show, you double nigga. And I'd say she's the best version of the character, ever.