Will Priest ever Recover? Will Death Stroke, Titans or Teen Titans ever recover from this shit show?

Will Priest ever Recover? Will Death Stroke, Titans or Teen Titans ever recover from this shit show?

Other urls found in this thread:

lamerciepark.com/wp/?p=606
twitter.com/NSFWRedditImage

It was inoffensive and fine

it wasnt anything amazing but its not something someone has to recover from, its ok

That would be true if it didn't have long lasting changes to all 3 comics.

Geez user, the comic wasn't that bad.

I don't see it really affecting Deathstroke, the rest of the comic stands on its own and probably will continue being exceptional.

Teen Titans was garbage to begin with.

What long lasting changes? Seems like the things that they left cliffhangers for have enough meat to last like an arc or two before they'll get tied up.

As someone who hasn't been following much of Rebirth, this looks neat.

I shall retrieve a reading list. Thanks, Sup Forums.

It's pretty forgettable desu
So there fine

>Deathstroke starting to make team defiance
>Wally leaving to join him
>Damian devolving as a character and all the members hating him
>Wally going back to a 30 year old sickness
>Wally and Donna gonna bond a cuck Roy

None of that seems long lasting to me. Again that's 2 arcs max of material.

At least we now know Priest browses Sup Forums and takes criticisms personally.
Team defiance will be more than just a single Arc.

You can make variations of the same thread throughout the week, OP but it doesn't change the fact that it was far from terrible.

"Shit show" should be reserved for stuff like Civil War II and Shadowland.

Deathstroke will be fine. The Titans franchise however has been floundering for like 30 years. So no real surprise there.

Honestly you can read the crossover on its own and understand it fine.

Contextually reading the Deathstroke ongoing helps a lot because you will understand his relationship with his children better. And you might want to read the issues of the Flash ongoing that involve black Wally dealing with his evil dad stuff. The Titans and Teen Titans books don't really seem to inform the crossover all that much though.

This is my first thread. I just read it and saw how Priest was going nuts on his blog about how people on CBR and Sup Forums were attacking it.
Once a writer starts attacking fans it goes all down hill.

>This is my first hateboner
FTFY

I think the kids might stay in the team but Slade actually pretending to be good will end once the keikaku reaches its conclusion.

No, my first Hateboner was when Johns made Hal and Barry the "Official" GL and Flash.

There are some people who have been memeing since the first announcement about this story that it would be shit, so they are amplifying the flaws to suit their narrative. I don't get it though.

It wasn't good, but it wasn't bad enough to warrant such a strong response.

It is mostly because
>Wally acts out of character and gets scared and cries like a bitch fueling the anti Wally fags
>Damian acts out of Character and reverts back to retard cunt baby mode giving fuel to Anti Damian Fags
>Death stroke acts like a huge Marry Sue again
>Plot made no sense
>All 3 comics were on the decline before this and this was supposed to change that

>going nuts
He owns up to a lot of mistakes, recognized a lot of flaws and is genuinely looking to fix his problems in the future. The one thing that did peeve him was that some people said that the entire crossover was complete garbage with absolutely no redeeming points, he felt that was a bit too extreme.

I've been saying that it was going to drag down the quality of Deathstroke since it was announced and it did. The people shitposting that it was a shitshow are the charcetrfags.

Priest, if you are reading this. The only issue was that time travel made no sense in this issue and that characters weren't acting in Character. Really, read more of the character before you make an issue with them in it.
Also characters don't have to be perfect but dedoing the same flaws over and over gets boring. Wally has more to struggle with right now in his life than just rehashing what he went through 30 years ago. Damian could be set up to in such a way to show that he needs Batmans fathering to become a better child.

can i have a link to priest's blog? i thought the crossover was pretty good but its not that memorable. I'm still confused why it was called the lazarus contract

Jesus, the butthurt for this mundane crossover is incredible.

No one is as butthurt as Priest himself.

lamerciepark.com/wp/?p=606

> I find Dick Grayson to be the most boring Wonder Bread boilerplate character ever to pull on spandex. That’s just me. Tens of thousands of fans are *rabid* Dick Grayson fans. For the life of me, I couldn’t explain why. Grayson, in his various iterations, seems, to me, the ultimate expression of what I’m being harangued about around the web: the flattened-out character whose dealt with all of his shortcomings and character flaws. I see Grayson and I wonder, “And now what?”

DICKFAGS BTFO

B
T
F
O

HOW WILL THEY RECOVER?

Priest is just acting like a Marvel writer making up excuses for bad writing.

It's ok for Priest to be wrong. He still mostly did right by Dick.

>Why would anyone want to see a character develop
Is this man serious?

>characters need to have flaws to be good

Lol you serious?

>Re: Grayson: yes, I think it worked quite well, too.
Priest is quite literally /ourguy/

I'm astounded that there are Damian fans who don't want him to be a little asshole and wondering what books they're even reading featuring "nicer" Damian because I've never seen any.

>Beyond that, if somebody asked me (and they have not), I don’t see Dame that way at_all. I don’t see Batman as a nurturing individual. He’s a guy who shouldn’t own goldfish, let alone be raising kids. And I see Grayson as an adult survivor of child abuse; a guy with all of Batman’s skills but who overcompensates in the area where Batman is least effective: compassion. Dick is more human and more available for empathy and real human connection than Batman could ever be.

After reading the entire crossover, all I can say is that it was decent.
I think that yes, it has flaws, and yes, some things could've been done differently. That said, it's still enjoyable. Nothing stellar, nothing terrible. People just want to bitch about everything anymore, when we should all know by now that if there's ever any particular dark mark on continuity, it'll end up being retconned or forgotten anyway. It's only as important as the creative teams want it to be, for as long as they want it to be important.

Shit, guys. It's like Sup Forums doesn't read comics or something.

I think with Damian there is an issue of him regressing under every new writer instead of acknowledging how much he grew in the Dickbats run alone. But I didn't think he was too bad in the crossover.

Nah, Titans and Teen Titans will forget about it. Deathstroke will carry on, but whatever the new status quo is will be good enough to overshadow the shitshow

Regressing is making him a murderer again. Damian was still an ass.

But what if this fiasco ruins Priest and the Deathstroke book for good

by liking a better character than anyone priest ever wrote for

He fucking reaks of Marvel with his attitude that happiness equals boring and bad.

Plus his outrage at people expecting him to actually know a characters history and confusion when people get mad that he just completely ignores everything that's come before.

Is Priest Bendis in disguise?

There's a happy medium between bleak all the time and no-conflict-ever and Priest usually hits it.

He was fine in the cross over. The one questionable decision he made can be easily handwaved with "he was a kid feeling insecure around older heroes with more powers then him, he wanted to show off, and he over did it." It's a pretty standard "kid growing up" experience.

Sales are already in the gutter so it won't matter either way

>Will Priest ever Recover?
If he recover from Mystek fiasco he will recover from this

What will Titans and Teen Titans even recover from? Both were completely abysmal already.

No, Priest is just from a time when capeshit was actually good and had substance and not the unsalvageable fan fictiony shit it is now, thanks to retards like Johns.

EDDDDDGGGGGEEEEEE

Apparently he's just not a good enough writer to be able to come up with interesting stories unless the heroes are suffering. Which is incredibly lazy and can basically be done by anyone.

He's right though. Otherwise Nightwing would've had at least one good run.

Characterfags are never not>> butthurt.

Nah, most of great DC runs would've been called edgy by you modern day rebirthfags who just started reading with MCU or rebirth.

Mystek is a fictional character in the DC Comics universe. Created by Christopher Priest and Manny Clark

the team was on a mission to the planet Xanthcar, where another member of the JLTF was being put on trial. The cramped space-fairing pod proved to be too much for the extremely claustrophobic Mystek, and, after over two days of travel, she panicked, blasting her way into open space. She soon suffocated and died.

Mystek's sudden death was actually the result of behind the scenes workings. Created by Christopher Priest to be a creator-owned character starring in her own miniseries, Priest was told to put her in Justice League Task Force to generate hype for her in advance. When the plans for the miniseries fell through, Priest simply killed off the character.

>The decision to croak Mystek ws *mine*. I did not get a raw deal, DC Is Not Evil. It was a comedy of errors. I should *not* have written Mystek into DC continuity in advance of their decision whether or not to acquire the character. This was my fault. Me. Mine.

>Part of the reason M was so flat for so long was my treading water while waiting for a decision.

wtf I love Priest now

Priest..I want my money back.Damian does not deserve the shit.

Damian is completely out of character, all his development is erased basically like he was when he 1st arrived. You doesn’t get it and you has zero interest in getting it Priest-

It REALLY wasn't that bad. Calm your self.