Is this the best comic book vidya gaem ever made?

Is this the best comic book vidya gaem ever made?

Other urls found in this thread:

youtube.com/watch?v=XldnDCQPueM
youtube.com/watch?v=fInBTl_0GJU
youtube.com/watch?v=tpYjsuZnqMA
youtube.com/watch?v=tqG7cvgBBU8
youtube.com/watch?v=BA7DAGX_j_E
youtube.com/watch?v=YCzYqE7JxrY
youtube.com/watch?v=azIZwsCGjW0
youtube.com/watch?v=iiWyUOjmqdQ
youtube.com/watch?v=F4zcRwvr0Vg
youtube.com/watch?v=2ilzidi_J8Q
youtube.com/watch?v=G-uWeDRUfpU
twitter.com/AnonBabble

It's pretty damn good. Loved both games. Comics were neat too. Probably will never get a 3rd game though. Poor Jenny...

youtube.com/watch?v=XldnDCQPueM
That feeling you get when you know she's lost forever.

The games managed to be far superior than the original comics, which is incredibly rare.

What issue is this panel from?

Agreed. The games took the story and made it amazing. How they got both games to be that good we can only guess. All Jackie wanted was to leave the mob and skip town with Jenny. Poor Jackie was never meant to have a happy ending from the start.

The first game, PC release never.....Music is fucking great though
youtube.com/watch?v=fInBTl_0GJU

I go with Max Payne which is straight up a comic game

Solid games. Really bad movie though. Marky Mark? I mean come on!
youtube.com/watch?v=tpYjsuZnqMA

>second game ends on a cliffhanger
>third game never
>comic Jackie's last hurrah gets downgraded from a trade, went out like a chump

Jackie had a hard life

It sucks because I would have taken a bittersweet or generic ending over the cliff hanger we got. That literal leap of faith from Jackie at the end of 2 was pretty cool though.
youtube.com/watch?v=tqG7cvgBBU8

All I know is the game was really good

Haha, no.

Fucking hell dude, thanks for reminding me of that brutal cliffhanger.
But we can hope, right?
It took 15 years but Samurai Jack got its ending, maybe we can too?

then what is, chucklefuck?

She REEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEKS of INNOCENCE!!

Besides a mob boss, who else would greatly benefit as the host of Darkness?

it sounds extremely tempting, since as long as there's dark, and where I live in we practically have one really long as Day and an even longer night, I'd be tough to take down,
but I would also have random black outs and be 100% guaranteed to be sent to hell after I die, I'd probably leave a very long lasting but permanent dark mark on the world before I died off of course, no fucking way am I going down without a bloody and messy fight.

One can hope. I'd even settle with donating to a kickstarter for the 3rd game at this point. Hell, do a graphic novel.

A subway manager maybe? His demons could throw out or eat all the stale bread.

Well i don't think it has to be a crime boss, or even someone like a brutal dictator. Are there any lore anecdotes about more mundane Darkness hosts?

to

Rented the Punisher back in the day on Xbox not thinking it was going to be that great. Actually turned out to be a really solid game. Sigh, I wish Marvel would do more Punisher stuff.

I really wish there were more games like it. Narratively. Inner monologing voiceover noir meshes really well with video games to me. Hell I wish there was more of it in movies in general these days.
Sin City really should have had a game, such a no-brainer.

Really, I dunno why it's become such a lost art in movies and when it's used it usually has to be a throwback cliche and whatever. It could make so many movie genres today better.

youtube.com/watch?v=BA7DAGX_j_E
These scenes were so well done. You can really feel his desperation and despair.

Despised the Portugese-ness of MP3 and how bland most of the characters were but it still had its charm. I really want another MP, get rid of the portugese but keep some of the other developments like taking Max to locations he didn't hang around in the first 2 games. Really liked going through places like the swamp hideout and the yacht.

first game was good, second game was trash that played itself.

I just can't into first person games.

but yeah, inner monologs might have become corny to some people but I think they can still be used for an extra dimension of immersion. Is there ever gonna be a resurgence wave of those kind of movies?

me either most of the time but games like that or Deus Ex are an exception.

This one is very different from the usual stuff, even FPS haters should be encouraged to try.
Unless it gives you motion sickness.

>Sit down to watch movie with her
>Movie is actually playing on the tv
>Wow I wonder if it's a loop or you can watch the entire movie
>Sit there to find out
>She goes to kiss me then goes to sleep
>Get the good boyfriend achievement

oh gosh

Thoroughly enjoyed the second one. Fun characters and story.

>That moment you watch her killed in front of you
>That moment you realize there is no way to save her
;_:
youtube.com/watch?v=YCzYqE7JxrY

Yeah the second one doesn't let you go back to locations and doesn't have as much of a "comfy" vibe without the subway, but I don't think that's THAT much of a sacrifice.

Jackie tries his luck on the dating scene after being without Jenny for so long. Then, out of nowhere....

any other candidates other than ?

.....this happens. Jackie just can't catch a break.

If you love retro beat 'em ups this one is for you.
youtube.com/watch?v=azIZwsCGjW0

oh I remember that. But I think we were talking about actual comic book adaptations.

Like, is killing obligatory? Or can The Darkness just be fueled by shadows and maybe sins that aren't killing?

nigga of course
1/3

I'm not a huge fan of Deadpool but I thought the game was pretty decent. It's far from perfect but you can usually always find the game cheap. Beat the game 3 months ago and I feel like I didn't waste my time with it. You could always watch all the cutscenes on YouTube though. youtube.com/watch?v=iiWyUOjmqdQ

2/3

Saw that game get trashed when it came out but I liked it overall. Gets a little too repetitive as it goes on though, doesn't help that ruins of Genosha are a pretty bland landscape for the most part and you spend like 60% of the game there...
I was expecting for levels to escalate until you go on some kind of space adventure that makes fun of the Phoenix Saga or something but I guess not. Hope there's another game one day.

3/3

might not be the "best" but still props

Ultimate Spider-Man
Arkham Asylum
Uhhhhhh
Do Infamous games count

forgot pic

I really like Origins too. Hell i think I like it more than City overall.

Nah, comics were made for the game.

Also to name contenders for second place there's Hulk Ultimate Destruction.

>You will never be the host of a primordial evil that is voiced by Mike Patton

Grefberg is a great composer. What kind of genre is this?

That game was fucking great. I wish Universal would stop being pus-holes and let Ubisoft fucking sell it again.

They banned it? Why?

It's from the game

Great but not the best Wolverine game, bub

I love that Mike Patton was the voice of The Darkness, even if he over did it a few takes.

Don't think that's possible.

I thought that the games were better than the comics in the beginning. In the end, though, I ended up liking the Jackie in the comics a hell of a lot more because he felt more complex to me, like he's still a scumbag, but hell, he tried to do right so many times, but like he's still Jackie at the end. Still very bitter about his end because he goes down like a fucking chump.

Put it on easy mode and give it a chance. The games are well worth it.

I only ever played the games and read a little of the comics. How exactly does Jackie go down?

The games have their own separate canon. As for the comics I would like to know as well.

>Activision didn't port this to PS4 and Xbone to promote Logan
Missed opportunity.

This

I really need to get around to beating this. Played it years ago and never finished it.

license expiring

It most certainly is.
youtube.com/watch?v=F4zcRwvr0Vg

Good shit.

honestly I'm surprised we haven't gotten a current gen remaster of 2, would be fun to be able to do the multiplayer with an actual group

also I honestly hated the first game from a gameplay perspective, just wasn't any fun, the guns were awful, your powers weren't very useful overall, and you're made out of wet cardboard

You're saying that like it's an achievement of some kind.
Darkness comics are fucking awful.

>Jackie...it isn't your fault...

Nice.

I really wanted to love this game, the voice work is ace, the visuals are good, but the controls kinda suck. I haven't gotten too far into it, I can't seem to really get invested in it.

>retard from boston
He's a fine actor. Was just miscast in MP.

I was told that Jennie could be saved by beating the game on hard and use the powers as little as possible. Made for a challenging playthrough

kek

I am a huge Deadpool fan and cant stand this unfunny bullshit. Its all only funny once too.

Enlighten me, senpais. I thought this looked pretty cool and was thinking of picking it up.

Can someone explain the premise?

>The player takes the role of Jackie Estacado
>On the eve of his 21st birthday, Jackie is targeted for assassination by his Uncle
>Right as the assassination kicks off you gain god like powers
>Start killing your old crew and messing up your uncles business.
>Only person who loves and cares about you is your girlfriend
I liked Jackie from the games better. Better story and character. The comics felt like they were edgy just to be edgy. Worth your time if you haven't played them yet.

Alright, watch this. Think of this happening:
youtube.com/watch?v=2ilzidi_J8Q
And then this happens:
youtube.com/watch?v=G-uWeDRUfpU
Add a little bit of Zdzislaw Beksinski (pic related) and just a dash of waifu simulation and you have The Darkness game.

kek, very accurate actually.

Accurate.

they did THe Darkness instead of Witchblade? Why?

cuz its gay weeb shit

Dunno what you mean, I loved the gameplay, just had to git gud. Learn what powers to use and how to shoot right.

I might be the only one but I really liked this game, even if it's pretty repetitive.

Also Octopussy is the best Octopus.

I really liked being stealthy in a Spider-Man game, otherwise it was pretty standard.

This makes me wish Colder got a game based on it.

Daily reminder its been 13 years. still waiting for the next one

Nah.

List an example of one then.

I loved all the different universes plus having the old spidey voices back was nice too

good taste

Maybe they couldn't get the rights.

Comics were just ok. Not bad or great

He really nailed the voice.

can't say I blame you