>puts up with endless bullshit
>deals out the right amount of flak/dickery for it
>an old school english gentleman
>surrogate father to an otherwise alone and damaged man
>treats everyone with love and genuinely cares for the batfam
>can fight like a tiger despite being calm and collected
>kicked injustice supes in the face so hard his shoe exploded

hes just so based

Clever Servant has been a popular archetype forever.

Because he has those classy Englishman sick bantz. Also He isn't a nogunz faggot like Bruce. If you break into the Batcave, your ass is getting pumped full of buckshot.

youtube.com/watch?v=M8m8iVxf9fI

He calls everyone out on their shit. He's funny without being an asshole. We admire and kind of pity him for having to deal with all the bullshit around him.

Because in adaptations he's usually played by the oldest and best actor in the cast, and he doesn't ham it up as much as the rest, which makes Alfred seem like the more normal person in the room.

Before the '60s series the comics found Alfred so unimportant that they killed him off (and replaced him with Aunt Harriet). The TV producers demanded they revive him and ever since then, most versions of Alfred are the sanest person in Gotham.

Everyone else sucks Bruce's dick but Alfred isn't afraid to call him out when he's being an edgy faggot. He's totally unintimidated by Bruce. Also bants pretty good.

Most versions.

>Guns don't kill people. Witty butlers do.

Because things would be different if he was my dad.

AND YOU FIND GEOFFREY!

Because he's universally well written. Even shitty comics manage to make Alfred based.

Alfred appreciation thread? Don't mind if I do!

Fact: Alfred has a little TV set up down there so he can watch his soaps.

Fact: When the GCPD needs help with a case, they call Batman. When the FBI needs help with a case, they call Alfred.

Fact: It was Alfred that suggested they start keeping trophies in the Batcave.

Yeah but in that version Alfred is just giving a depressed Bruce Wayne an outlet for his fantasies.

Man do I fucking love Alfred threads.
We don't have enough of them.

He has a dad relationship that I don't think can be fulfilled by an actual dad. He has this intimate and simultaneously servile relationship with Bat Family that allows him to be caring and snarky. It's like a best friend that would do anything for you but gives you shit the entire time.

FACT: Alfred is Father Christmas.

Suave voice of reason who puts up with more shit than he should. He's practically the father of Batman.

>two seats

Does this mean Batman sometimes watches soaps with him?

FACT: Alfred gets progressively better with every kid left in his care.

He's not a butler; he's family. Better, he's the family that keeps you grounded, that stands by your side no matter what and makes sure you have a roof over your head and a bed to lay it in. Also, his dry wit helps relieve tension.

I didn't need to see this today... but I kind of wanted to.

While I'm not a big fan of Gotham I really like Sean Pertwee as Alfred from the few episodes I've seen.

>I'm a man of my word, Strange. You can walk right out as soon as you wake up.
>Wake up...?
>[chins the bitch]

Not that they appreciate it.

How much pussy has Alfred slain throughout his life do you reckon?

He was a stage performer was he not? Must've gotten plenty of groupies

I don't mind the yelling, but does he have to
ssssppppppiiiiit?

>dropping the can on the floor

FUCK YOU

Are there any old comics where Alfred goes on strike and refuses to clean up the Batfamilies shit?

>Are there any old comics where Alfred goes on strike and refuses to clean up the Batfamilies shit?

FUCK NO
Alfred would do anything for the family, ANY THING.

Doubt it. His work ethic is too strong. I mean, he let Bruce go off to fight crime wearing orange atomic skis, after all.

Remember the time Damian beat him up and locked him in a room?

Is he, though?

Granted the setup is that Alfred and a few of his old friends are basically play-acting for Bruce, but it doesn't say anywhere that he _didn't_ do all the stuff the Joker was responsible for in his run.

In fact, I think that, as he's supposed to have been that universe's Joker, the implication is that he did.

Which is why Damien is going to go bye bye in a reboot or two.

He beat Superman

Stiff upper lip? The man had a stiff upper everything above the soles of his feet.

Aw yeah, theater nerds always get the best bitches.

Naw but seriously, he dropped some French panties back in WW2 according to Pre-Crisis, and recently Julia Pennyworth was re-retconned into existence. So I assume he crushed a lotta puss in his spy work.

Alfred is the most solid member of the Batfamily on comics and adaptations.

there any universe where HE becomes Batman instead of Bruce, with young Bruce as his Robin?

Hey, what happened to Alfred in the Flashpoint universe?

youtu.be/QcdUJEBGdhA

FACT: Joker ain't got SHIT on Alfred.
youtu.be/sU8mj9lid0s

I doubt it, it doesnt make much sense either. Alfred never wanted bruce to be batman, he just understood what bruce had to do considering the death of his parents. He wanted bruce to grow up and be normal and have a normal life.

hes too sensible for that shit

Alfred Pennyworth was a spy working for the Outsider, having infiltrated the Resistance in England. Alfred was captured by the Amazons while still undercover and beheaded.

>52nd
Based Alfred confirmed for a fundamental ingredient of the HYPERCRISIS!!!

Gotham is crap, but if there's one prop I can give it, it's that I like the different approach to Alfred. Gotham's Alfred is a lot more rugged, and in a way dissonant, which makes him less of a sanity anchor for Bruce, but more of a logical one. Instead of a stuffy Brit, he's more of the underground, talk-with-your-fists Englishman, which again shows how Bruce got inspired to do what he does.

Also Sean Pertwee does a good job. His father was my favorite Doctor.

>>kicked injustice supes in the face so hard his shoe exploded
every time i happen to think about that, my day just gets that much better.

>implying a perfect physical specimen like Bruce Wayne would poison his system with caffiene

That Alfred had a different experience with Bruce, though. He saw Bruce finally separate from his war, saw a glimpse of him happy, then saw Bruce re-emerge himself to the point where he did nothing for years but sulk alone in his mansion and wallow in his injuries. Then after all that time, Bruce decides not only to put back on the cowl, but goes up against an enemy that pretty much screamed suicide, and wants to do it like he's 15 years younger.

That Alfred loved Bruce too much to see him slowly kill himself, and like burning the letter, he thought that him leaving could make Bruce quit vigilantism. Unfortunately for him, Bruce had a stubborness and will way beyond measure.

It's the world's most common performance enhancing drug.

plus you know a lot of late nights

It lowers your energy overall and absolutely wrecks your system. Only fools use it.

Hey G, would you make me a sandwich ?

And here I thought I couldn't hate Flashpoint Wonder Bitch any more than I already did.

>OIM A BUHTLAH
He's been consistently great the whole show.

The only sane character in BvS.

Daddy issues

He gets all the fun of being Batman without having to be Batman. He gets the mansion, the batcave, the gadgets, but he doesn't have to risk his ass fighting crime. Plus he's the jester who gets to point out when the emperor has no clothes. Really, he's in the best position in that universe.

it does almost nothing after a month due to tolerance, also the #1 source of antioxidants for most people and prevents bowel cancer

Loyal characters tend to be liked.

THE BUTLERING

Batman is the hero Gotham needed.

Alfred is the hero Bruce needed.

He's the most human out of all the characters.

He's also the dad you wish you had.

Has Bruce ever callled him father or something close to that?

Wait, what's that from?

whatever happened to the caped crusader. morrison run.

He did in a video message he left for him after his "death" in Final Crisis.

It's hard to be intimidated by someone whose diapers you've changed.

**Gaiman
It was immediately preceded by Morrison's run but RIP had concluded and B&R hadn't started up yet.

that's right. thanks for the clarification.

So he was a spy, an actor, a soldier and or Black Hawk, a butler, a field medic
Am I missing any jobs he had...

Father.

so now that Sup Forums's agreed Alfred si always perfect, how long tilll some shitty edgy too big for his shoes "writer" comes along and tries to do a new alternate, edgy take on him?

One that fucks with his characetr and development, and is iterated on millions of times until the charatcer is shit?

Oh yeah of course, how could I forget.

>MFW "Goodbye, dad."
>MFW this powerful moment was for nothing since Bruce would come back later on.

>MFW comic book deaths in general.

For shit like this.

Because Alfred is Bane!

>curbstomps Superman so hard his shoe explodes
I know he was superpowered in this comic but thats still pretty badass

That's the thing I hate the most about Cap and Batman dying. There were a lot of good stories and it barely lasted.

They watch Gray Ghost together.

What did he need Alfred to do?

And Alfred rolls his eyes every time Bruce fanboys over Gray Ghost.

>father figure
>who isn't his father at all
Also, I don't know why filmmakers of Lego Batman movie had to insert homosexual metaphor by saying "two dads line"
If anything Alfred is a Grandfather or a wise Uncle
and Bruce would be his son/brother

There's no reason why you can't have two dads and make it not gay. My dad was a shitty father and my grandpa was so much more of a father figure that I'm scared to tell him that.

>two dads line
Jim and Alfred?

Except in the comics sometimes Bruce and Alfred are one of their dads
Or Alfred being their mom

Hell Dick has a third dad with Clark

He's loyal and sassy.

Ohhhhhhhh, sorry I forgot that it was Batman and Bruce Wayne that the orphan was talking about. Sorry

The two dads line was about Bruce Wayne AND Batman being his dads. Robin doesn't find out they're the same until after Batman unmasks.