Moon Knight Complete Storytime

tl; dr in advance, I'm gonna storytime Moon Knight comics every weekend, if you want to hop in.

In celebration of his latest run ending this week, I've decided to do my first big storytime as a namefag(already did several storytimes before) by making it known(or making it so those who know already, know him even better) to all interested Sup Forumsfags on Moon Knight's story.

Created in the 70s as a one-shot villain for Werewolf by Night(I always thought this name was pretty silly, even by capeshit standards), Moon Knight, with his three personalities(Mark Spector, Jake Lockley, and Steven Grant -also happens to be the name of a Marvel writer-)(sometimes, he does have more personalities, but they rarely matter outside of the run they're featured on) has been going on and off as a recurring character in Marvel, going through almost every relevant Earth hero team in the years after his creation, all the while dealing with his schizofrenia/personality disorder. Spidey said it best: "Mooney rhymes with looney."

While this particular run is rather recent(2014), I'm also particularly fond of it for it's simplicity, since it's pretty damn light on words, and because it was also the one with which I started on the character. Some even say that this is perfect for the eventual Netflix adaptation, if he ever gets one. It's not exactly a good representation of what the character's known for, though, given that he only has two personalities here: Moon Knight, regular; and Mr. Knight, a sort of vigilante who helps with thug related crimes and other kind of crimes relegated to street work.

Anyway, after this the plan is to start full-on on the character's lore, since his very first appearance, to last wednesday's issue, which may or may not be the last time we see the character on a run of his own, depending on what Marvel decides. As such, this might take several weekends due to college stuff on weekdays, so let's try to make the most of it.

Enough said, on to the ride!

For some strange reason, 4chanX doesn't let me create threads, so I'll have to turn it off each time. Weird.

I also forgot to mention that this run is rather... episodic, in that it doesn't really have a connected story.

Bump

>stuck at 1 second before auto-posting

This has been happening more than I'd like lately, anybody know a way to fix it, or a 4chanX alternative?

the best thing about this artist is that they're fucking great with transition panels and the negative space of moon knight's suit.

it made me want moon knight to just have a white void of fabric when he has it on

No problem.

It keeps happening!

Absolutely. The art gives the comic a great atmosphere.

That sucks.

I really should listen to more jazz, it should be perfect for this.

>you'll never look so good on a white suit while facing a self-enhanced serial killer

This.

>tfw the later issues in this run are only 3x3 squares and rectangles and you never get this good shit ever again
JUST

I can't think of any good jazz off the top of my head besides the Gunpoint soundtrack. It might scratch that itch for you. It's also a great game.

Onto issue 2.

At least the quality of the art stays consistent. Mostly.

Thanks, will check it out.

Do they ever explain where he gets for money for all of this stuff? Some times he has a job and sometimes he doesn't.

Definitely do.

Thanks for the storytime, as well! Been hoping to get into this. Like it so far.

Not exactly, he just does, might just be the stuff he bought with his previous job.

You also have to remember that he's jewish, so that might explain some.

i always liked how the moondisc in his side looks like part of his machinery like it just barely stands out

He also doesn't have an expensive life, outside of his gadgets, as we'll see in later issues.

Bump

nah his parents weren't that rich. father was only a rabbi iirc

I can't help but ask how does this cape NOT bothers him when he's on ground, since it looks rather big.

Thanks m8.

True dat. Maybe he just got a shitload of dosh stashed somewhere from his merc/actor days?

It's from when he was a merc. He made a shit ton of money from all the jobs he did.

Tangentially related, but considering how they call him a crazier Batman, and how Bruce is also rich... where does Wayne industries get all its money? I never really knew that, despite knowing Bats for a long time.

This.

Bump.

Ellis' Moonie is kino in comic form.

They're just really good at everything business for plot reasons.

Is that the fucking casing?

oh yeah, jesus christ I forgot. I thought he wasted a bunch of that money eventually but I'm probably remembering it wrong.

It seems to be a lot of investing in small companies and taking a portion of the profits

And now I'm upset.

Issue 3: spooky time.

Agreed

Sometimes, I can't help but think that triggering /k/ommandos is one of comic artists's main hobbies.

the moon eye makes it look like an old disney cartoon

>cue Ghostbusters theme

This reminds me of Bedlam; especially the episodic nature of it all.

Don't remind me of Bedlam. That comic will never be finished. I should storytime it again and again until people are sick of it or until it gets so popular that Spencer has to get his hands off of twitter and get back to making it again.

Bump

I sure hope 4chanX doesn't fuck anything up while I go grab a bit for a while.

And this is what I meant on >captcha minds ellis

The fuckup happened just as I went.

Ain't that some shit.

Sorry for the delay.

jesus FUCK

I'll be honest, this looks more like a mix of mesoamerican-egyptian mix armor than an actual egyptian armor.

I thought it looked more shogun to me

That too, at least on the chest and thighs.

Time for issue 4, one of my favorites.

At least when it comes to visuals.

FUCKING GOLD!

If I covered the Bendis issues tomorrow would you be cool with that?

The best part about this is that he just fucking tosses it into the water like "Fuck this" and doesn't even give it a proper burial. It kinda says a lot about him and what kind of hero he is.