Why no love for goon? this is one of the most entertaining fucking comics ive ever read

why no love for goon? this is one of the most entertaining fucking comics ive ever read.

Sup Forums loves The Goon
It's just that there's nothing to talk about since it's been discussed to death

More like Sup Forums just like to talk about things they make them angry.

user if you want a Goon thread just story time we will loved

Just like Moore's Swamp Thing, Morel Oral, and Hellboy there's nothing that hasn't already been said, and that wouldn't just turn the thread into a long circle jerk, because we all fucking love it.

Goon is too damn good for regular discussion, as all we'd do is just talk about how much we love it.

We have at least one thread about it every week.

How's Hillbilly?

sorry fellow Sup Forumsmrade, i sadly do not have goon comics to storytime readily available. but if i see a demand for it i will happily oblige. love this nicca hope they make a movie

The movie is being on the fridge for like 6 years right?

im not too sure, i saw something about mishandled kickstarter funds.. havent looked into it too much

>More like Sup Forums just like to talk about things they make them angry.

That's because Sup Forums gets Goon.

>That scene where the Zombie Priest kills his familiar because he wanted its remaining eye and that it reminded him of his former coven
>He eats it later

I haven't read it in a couple months but good. I really like it and want to start picking it up again when I can.

"B-but, Cat gave you his eye!"
"I could have another."

Was the issue where the Goon told that weird thing that was a combination of two ghosts to fuck off the ending? It felt like the story should have ended there, but then Goon joined a circus or something, and it felt like there would be more?

IIRC, the last kickstarter email they put out said the animatics were done, but fuck knows where it'll go from there.

I'm still sad to see the series end, but I have hopes he'll do shorts/one shots now and then. I need some more Willy Nagel in my life. I'm still hoping for more or new figures

Anyone read this?

That's because there will be more. Powell is working on a Goon spin off called The Lords of Misery.

Reminder that he's right

Was that his backstory?
If so then I believe I did.

I ended up feeling enough pity for the Zombie Priest that I felt a little bad about how it all ended for him. If there's going to be more Goon stories in Lords of Misery, it would have been nice to have him around as a slightly less uneasy ally.

No it wasn't.
I think it was his adventures after saying goodbyes to The Goon
He had to die.
He was still a threat and the alliance he had with The Goon was an uneasy one

sounds about expectation

the original plan iirc was to raise the money to do the entire thing as animatics and a short full-finished section as proof of concept

which is a garbage way of doing things and suggests that whoever was running things wasn't prepared to accept any changes to the source material without their own approval, in advance of any changes being suggested

which means the kickstarter was a bust from the word go and Fincher (who was attached as producer) knew that, because he couldn't not know that projects like that never get full funding

so it suggests in turn that Fincher insisted on the KS as a means of getting out of his own basic contractual obligations and ending his involvement

now i know we all get precious about adaptations and there have been good and bad examples of movies and tv shows that changed comic book stories, characters etc, but

comic books are not storyboards

comic book creators have no experience of movie making unless they also make movies (of which there are plenty of examples like Whedon, JMS etc)

it is unreasonable in the extreme as a comic book creator with no experience of movie making to expect firstly to retain control of any adaptation and secondly to expect anybody to invest in your project under those conditions

shit like that is how movies like Food Fight get made

tl;dr it's dead and will never be anything but dead

Sup Forumsmblr got offended by this issue.

In all fairness, that issue could've been spent on something good.

Shitting on the big two and SJW is always good.

>why no love for goon? this is one of the most entertaining fucking comics ive ever read.

Sup Forums only talks about things it hates. Goon is universally liked, so there is nothing to discuss.

And regarding the Goon, I actually want to hear how a Tom Waits / Lil Jon duet would sound.

The bandaid DC logo parody cracks me up every time.

This came out in 2012, the parody has only gotten more real.

I like that Powell got right even details like the awful shiny coloring cape comics have. He jokes that haven't seen a cape comic since the 90s, but yet he got it right.
He shits on SJWs, Marvel, DC, Frank Millers writing, Liefeld drawing, edgy characters, Deodato's "art", reboots and now the comics may be even worse than the parody.

Worse. Abominations like America, Squirrel Girl and Hell Cat are way worse.