Oh look!

Oh look!

It's yet another new Canadian Flash Cartoon paid by the country's tax dollars with a derivative cal arts art style with writers stuck in the 90's but only using mediocre repetitive concepts. Once Sup Forums discover that one of the main characters has a vagina a small but vocal fan group will obsess over her even though she's in middle school.

Other urls found in this thread:

youtube.com/watch?v=bOR38552MJA
youtube.com/watch?v=BfdjNwsTM20
youtube.com/watch?v=zlebLWlmeKk
youtube.com/watch?v=IxoluYdVbII
youtube.com/watch?v=TkY234CTnjs
youtube.com/watch?v=3kSS7T3LE5g
youtube.com/watch?v=TUMN0w3bgfA
vimeo.com/25620136
vimeo.com/33277595
vimeo.com/33278166
youtube.com/watch?v=ffDKX3N33vg
youtube.com/watch?v=UCOJWkckllA
youtube.com/watch?v=VZskkxvy9x4
youtube.com/watch?v=GEXAISF07qo
youtube.com/watch?v=kED8B60nOKU
youtube.com/watch?v=-y5vOIyIqow
youtube.com/watch?v=ESVfnFwizdk
twitter.com/SFWRedditGifs

Canadians are weird.

Nice buzzwords, OP.

>a show that's only noticed by Sup Forums because of waifu(s)
What else is new.

I'm going to dig up as many samey Canadian cartoons as I can. There can't be that many, right?

>Once Sup Forums discover that one of the main characters has a vagina a small but vocal fan group will obsess over her
Nothing new under the sun.

I'll help

OP's post could apply to any of these cartoons, even the "middle school girl" part.

Come on Canada.

nope, fuck you don't put jimmy 2 shoes in the same place as that other shit

that show actually had ambition to be something amazing but was unfortunately watered down because of various reasons

youtube.com/watch?v=bOR38552MJA

They're in high school instead of middle school. That's considered "thinking out of the box" up there.

Is the blonde guy a nerd or a jock?

A Jock that took the wrong bus

i really want a jimmy 2 shoes comic

what is this about? just asking because of the magic girl and the hello kitty? is it like kappa mikey?

i swear someof these things have good concepts and ideas but canada doesn't let them get their full potential

wasnt my dad the rock star one?

To me this one was good
Wtf
Who?

So he's the stupid comic relief character?

Don't forget about me!

you mean " my son is a boring bitch"

yeah that cartoon seems pretty canadian, also wayside school

I went to a convention for hiring Canadian animators. They had a really illuminating lecture on why the Canadian animation industry is the way it is.

See, when Cartoon Network or Disney creates a TV show, they own the rights to it lock, stock, and barrel: most importantly, merchandising.

This means they can afford to be more experimental because their big hits fund everything else. The profits from Adventure Time bedsheets ALONE funded the entirety of Steven Universe season one.

The big animation networks in Canada, Teletoon and YTV, don't work that way. Something about how the government grant works prevents them from owning a series outright. The only profit they get is from selling ad space during the show, so the creators of shows are forced to play it "safe" according to Network execs stuck in the mid 90's.

I know it's popular to dump on Canadian animators, but they're in a pretty sad position. There are a lot of creative and talented people there forced into a rigid model because that's all the suits are willing to take a chance on.

That's slowly starting to change, though. The mild success of Dave Cooper's Pig Goat Banana Cricket encouraged the networks to take a chance on The Bagel and Becky Show, which was released to almost universal acclaim. The Canadian execs are finally starting to emerge from the dark ages, and are taking careful notice of what America is doing.

I've heard serial storytelling is something they're interested in experimenting with.

Well look at it this way Canada. At least you're not as bad as Australia. (Well actually, some of these are Australian-Canadian co-productions so maybe you are)

youtube.com/watch?v=BfdjNwsTM20
youtube.com/watch?v=zlebLWlmeKk
youtube.com/watch?v=IxoluYdVbII
youtube.com/watch?v=TkY234CTnjs
youtube.com/watch?v=3kSS7T3LE5g
youtube.com/watch?v=TUMN0w3bgfA

vimeo.com/25620136
vimeo.com/33277595
vimeo.com/33278166

youtube.com/watch?v=ffDKX3N33vg

youtube.com/watch?v=UCOJWkckllA

youtube.com/watch?v=VZskkxvy9x4

youtube.com/watch?v=GEXAISF07qo

youtube.com/watch?v=kED8B60nOKU

I can't stand the "MY FAMILY IS X- BUT I JUST WANNA BE NORMAL!!!" trope

Tell me more about the day your butt went psycho, user.

The ginger kid always made me think of pic related.

Pig Goat Banana Cricket did well?

I don't hear about it, at all.

If only those tax credits could be put into stuff like this.

Or this.

Well enough, apparently.

It's happened to everyone at least a couple of times a year.

That's interesting to note, user. But that last line just screams to me that Canadian execs will just shovel SU-type knockoffs down our throat.

that looks fucking awful.

I liked this one

>Canadian execs will just shovel SU-type knockoffs down our throat.

are you saying that steven universe invented the concept of ongoing stories

Can I join the club?

No, I'm saying they'll take what's popular in America when it comes to serial storytelling (SU) and mimic it to death.

The funny thing is, Johnny Test was actually lightly serialized in the first two seasons. Where whatever happened to the characters would be brought up or even have episodes dedicated to how a previous episode ended. The latter seasons dropped it.

These were actually decent
While looks so bad it could be good
The rest just look bland

Me too for some reason, also the drawings in the ending were neat.

I actually liked this show

Rob Boutilier cartoons are alright.

Is the CalArts look the "generic anime look" of the west?

SU-type knockoffs would be too much of a risk (less progressive nations wouldn't buy them)

I non-ironically thought that was good

Likewise (it's not fair to compare to it and pic related to the cliché stuff seen here)

uggh gross

im glad this is a post that no one has noticed i dont want other anons seeing that shit

But you know, im a mexican and i used to cringe at every single thing anima studios created, i still think the only way im ever going to make it is if i get on the level of Jorge R,Gutierrez

But look at Anima studiod now they finally got leyendas to look fine after many years

also alan turiel could be the guy that opens the gates to all the other mexican Sup Forumsmrades

i think australia can make even greater things after all you guys have rubber ross i bet his cartoon is going to go to undertales levels of popularity for better of worse

>cal arts art style
No such thing.
Get your head out of your ass, cunt.

>"For more fun an adventure, head over to YTV.com!"
I'm amazed they actually said that in the show after seeing this.

>Choice 1: Misha's bathing suit falls off during a canonball.
>Choice 2: You are rich enough to afford orangutans of your own.
> Choice 3: Joey is old and can't enjoy any of his youth.
> Mm-hmm. All so tempting!
No, he doesn't pick it.

omg is this like that one anime where the guy has headaches if he doesnt pick a choice?

It's like they're trying to appeal directly to Sup Forums.

I don't know what show you're talking about, but in the episode I watched he made his decisions almost right away and the idea of not choosing one was never addressed. They just seemed to happen at random times and he just goes along with it.

Is that Angela Merkel?

I'm not buying this, user. Teletoon used to be infinitely better at making original shows, even if they were still not quite as good as US series.

They also use to not be complete owned by Corus.

Saw some episodes on YT, was shit(shocker) but the bear sounded an awful lot like Thurop Van Orman.

Seriously though when is Canada ever going to make a good animated series ever again? Just by looking at the Teletoon site is downright depressing.

The major decline really happened when they were 50/50 owned by Corus and Astral though.

IMO it was Cookie Jar's 20% stake that was keeping the channel what is was back then. It was bought out in 2006... and then the channel completely rebranded into something virtually unrecognizable in 2007, and quickly started dropping its old shows. Coincidence?

(I also heard they relocated from Edmonton to Toronto in between that, dropping virtually the entire original crew of the station as a result.)

Holy shit so a canadian guy watched that anime

i think it was abreviated noucome, it's the exact same shit but in canadian cartoon

Cut-rate Emperor Zurg on the top left

You're supposed to pick one yourself online in a sort of CYOA YouTube thing.

They actually say in each episode to go to YTV.com to play some Chuck's Choice game.

Why the fuck does literally every single fucking canadian show always have fucking same artstyle?

I fucking hate them for infesting Australian channels with their cancerous shows.

>Australian complaining about animation being cancerous
see

Okay then, I take that back

Unless it was a Mr.Smarty Smarts episode, I couldn't stand this show. Too many fucking Peri and Entree episodes, they're shit-tier obnoxious cunt characters.

Everyone wants to forget you

They say that at the end of every 10 minute segment.
So. they actually do it TWICE per episode.

None of this excuses shitty humor, droning dialogue, and fart jokes.

It does when that's what the guy signing your paychecks demands fart jokes and dumbed-down dialogue.

Look at what happened to Jimmy Two Shoes.

I remember you guys were obsessed with this show for a while. It's the prime example of "watching shitty thing because waifu"

>Seriously though when is Canada ever going to make a good animated series ever again?
What were their good ones? Or at least, when would you say they stopped?

Around the time Harper got elected.

>No, he doesn't pick it.
Chuck confirmed for gay?

pepe is NOT blue!

Australian
cultural
TREASURE

I like the character design, but I agree the color scheme is pretty ugly.

You couldn't be any more wrong.
This is the nuCalarts. Not every western cartoon back then made in CA had to look identical in style. I personally blame Adventure Time for starting the whole trend, despite it actually being a good show.

i wanna bone the robot

Does this mean Bagel and Becky season 2

>Once Sup Forums discover that one of the main characters has a vagina a small but vocal fan group will obsess over her even though she's in middle school.

Yeah I know it's Sup Forums and all but this shit pisses me off to no extent.

Could be.

Good lord, and I thought American animation was bad. You Canucks and ausfags really take the cake; at least we occasionally shit out gold.

>show about the adventures of hamsters that are owned by a loli

But that already exists, and is presumably infinitely better

Still not sure why Bagel and Becky doesn't get much attention on Sup Forums.

I seriously hope you faggots didn't forget about me.
youtube.com/watch?v=-y5vOIyIqow
youtube.com/watch?v=ESVfnFwizdk

Why? Is it really so hard to avoid threads about things you don't like?

What pisses me off is people coming into threads about things I like and posting about how they hate the show, the fanbase, the waifufags, everybody in the thread, how it should be banned and sent to /trash/ etc. when they could have chosen any of the other 149 threads to talk about something, anything else.