ITT: We pitch ideas for Man of Steel 2

>Takes place between MoS and BvS, kind of like a prequel
>Actually show Henry Cavill doing Reeves-esque heroic acts with a smile on his face
>Clark exchanging banter with Perry and Lombard at the Planet
>Show some emotional depth exploring his relationship with Lois and his mother, also him suffering from guilt about not being able to save everyone
>Show him shifting a tectonic plate to stop an earthquake, like the newspaper article mentioned in BvS
>Have him face off against Intergang/Bruno Mannheim, effectively ending organized crime in Metropolis (also hint at New Gods/Apokolips) or Toyman
>Hint at Batman as some nutjob in Gotham beating up criminals
>Hint at Lex

What do you think?

Other urls found in this thread:

collider.com/man-of-steel-2-director-matthew-vaughn/
twitter.com/NSFWRedditGif

Not bad. Not sure they would set it between MOS and BVS though. Im thinking it would be post-JL.

I think they should take inspiration from Wonder Woman and keep it as a mostly self-contained story with maybe a couple nods to the other characters and the rest of the universe. Emphasis Superman's heroic and hopeful qualities too.

Wouldn't mind seeing Supergirl introduced and maybe hints at Braniac as a villain down-the-line. Mongul or Metallo should be the villain with Lex orchestrating things bts.

Also really develop Lois and Clark's relationship and Clark's role at the Daily Planet.

>Actually show Henry Cavill doing Reeves-esque heroic acts with a smile on his face
>Show some emotional depth exploring his relationship with Lois and his mother, also him suffering from guilt about not being able to save everyone
You can have him be a nice cartoon character or a real person, not both.

But how would they bring Clark back though? Technically he "died" at the end of BvS. They can't have Supergirl shape-shift into him and be buried underneath rubble, everyone that went to the funeral saw his body.

I think the villain should be Lobo. He really works as a great foil for everything that makes Superman Superman. It could really highlight how Superman's whole character is about saving the people who accepted him.

I just want Braniac

A good writer can do both.

>people can't be happy
and some people try and say Snyderfags aren't edgy teens.

>But how would they bring Clark back though? Technically he "died" at the end of BvS. They can't have Supergirl shape-shift into him and be buried underneath rubble, everyone that went to the funeral saw his body.

Im hoping JL provides an answer

I think at the end, superman should say "back into my home I go." And then we see him jump into a trashcan

Spider-Man says, "Hi."

No, but Byrne does a good job with it balancing it. All this "he's gotta be saving cats from trees while smiling!" is way too extreme. He can be heroic without being a bad cartoon character, and if you're going to explore the moral quandary of someone with Superman's power killing? It doesn't work to have him be that simplistic.

Look at the Spider-Man movies, he's a heroic character without being a smiling caricature.

OP here. That's pretty much what I was going for. Superman doesn't have to be full cheese, but he doesn't need to be grim, dark, and edgy like Snyder wants either.

>>Takes place between MoS and BvS, kind of like a prequel

why

Honestly I think a Marvel style quipfest would actually be great for a Superman movie so long as they toned it down just a little bit.And I say this as someone who feels like a lot of the jokes are misses in Marvel films

>implying stuff like this isn't cool

Why not? It fills the gaps and gives people what they want.

This is what has been confirmed for the Man of Steel sequel.

>Zack "The Emo Hack" Snyder is still directing but there are hopes that his daughter's suicide will somehow change his mind and leave the project.

>So far Brainiac is in the running as the major villain. There are talks that maybe Metallo might enter the picture in some way.

>The WB higher ups have mentioned in interviews that they're aware that fans were not happy with how the character was portrayed in Man of Steel and Batman v. Superman. Supposedly looking to bring in writers to help the script move away from the tone set in Man of Steel and try to stay closer to the character's roots.

The Toyman/Intergang feud from the animated series'd make a great movie. It'd be a callback to Supes's classic mobbustig days and show how crime is evolving to compensate for an invincible man who can fly, which is always the most interesting part of Metropolis's street gangs.

The fucking muggers have jetpacks for God's sake.

Superman breaking up a mob war between super-gangsters and a madman with an army of adorable robots is also a great way to involve both his reporter and superhero sides.

Spider-Man is supposed to be human. Superman is supposed to be an ideal.

what gaps? what people want more prequels?

REIGH OF THE SUPERMEN NIGGAS. SUPERBOY,STEEL AND CYBORG SUPERMAN OR WE RIOT

Do you think Snyder would adapt this scene?

in Snyder's version the girl talks Superman out of killing himself

Um where was any of this confirmed?

All we know is that a script is being written (according to Amy Adams).

The only other thing rumoured is that Mathew Vaughn is a potential director choice.

collider.com/man-of-steel-2-director-matthew-vaughn/

Just re-release Superman '78 with Cahill's face photoshopped over Reeves and call it a day.

The aftermath of Superman and Zod's fight is looked at more in-depth, show Supes actually helping people that were affected by the destruction. I had this idea where he helps a construction crew weld two pieces of metal together using his heat vision, to show he's still a champion of the working class. I don't know, just thought it would be a cool idea, and I'm bored lol.

Heat vision can't melt steel beams though

Eh fuck Clark. He should just be Kal/superman.

this would be a good idea maybe if BvS didn't already exist. If you insert your version of superman in between, at best, it's not going to seem like it fits before BvS

Could the scout ship be his Fortress of Solitude then?

Lex senior comes out of hiding.
Hates Superman for his classic reasons.
Gives zero shit about his son.

Sigh.

A confrontation between Superman and Lex in jail would be pretty sick. Lex can ham it up and taunt Superman, saying he'll never be one of us, that he'll never be able to save everyone, that he'll be back,. Then Superman can pull out the All-Star line and tell Lex that if he really wanted to save the world he'd have done it already.

Surely you jest

I honestly don't know what's sadder. That one of you made this picture or that you think it proves/disproves anything. Either way you DCEUfags are pathetic as fuck.

I never understood why the right is considered Bad. Superman is clearly not meaning to go through that building and accidentaly kill that person.

So are you saying all of those things didn't happen in the movie?

But because he doesn't smile he is basically a villain right?

I have issues with DCEU Superman but saying he wouldn't do the right thing or help people and suggesting that through silly memes like this is pathetic.

>how crime is evolving to compensate for superheroes

That's the plot of TDK and Homecoming though

But why not, as long as they can make it work.

>8 of those are lois or his mother
>12 are are bullshit ones like "willing to die for humanity that rejected him" and "inspires bruce wayne to become a better man"
>2 are for times where he just happened to be there
>3 are for things where those people are only in danger in the first place because of his direct actions
>4 are done in complete silence where he looks like he's sick to death of having to save these stupid people
So in 2 movies totally almost 6 hours Superman did 3 actively heroic things. That's muh Superman. Now fuck off back to DC_Cinematic

see

Could do both.

Just basically do the two parter from Superman TAS but it's Brainiac who hires Lobo.

a good writer is going to retroactively make BvS Superman match the one from this hypothetical movie?

>why werent the 6 hours of movie supes spent on a compilation of him pulling cats from trees?
>why were the characters he interacted with mostly ones involved in the main plot somehow?
>i didnt like his facial expressions
>he only did that heroic thing because he was in the neigborhood

Go be grumpy elsewhere

How about this: MoS2 ends with Lois taking an assignment in Africa to interview some warlord, and Clark jokes about being a helicopter boyfriend, that way it flows into BvS?

that's not the problem. The problem is you make a real Superman movie in between MoS and BvS, it's just going to raise further questions as to why Superman is all gloomy in BvS. Also you face the same problem as every prequel ever: the plot has to end up where the previous movie was. What do you get out of making a prequel?

>Daily Planet and traditional news media getting their asses handed to them by sensationalist news, etc
>Perry makes it a point to stick to their guns
>Daily Planet reporters exposing Intergang criminal activity leads to a hit being put out on Perry White
>Hit is unsuccessful when Superman prevents it from being carried out
>Daily Planet picks up a massive spike in popularity as it puts a serious dent in Intergang operations
>Competitors forced to layoff employees, this includes Leslie Harris, a popular radio personality who secretly controls electricity, and John Corben, former journalist who underwent an experimental procedure following an accident now with an upgraded suit provided by Intergang
>Approached by Intergang, they are hired to oversee their weapons dealings or provide distractions to authorities
>Livewire's inexperience with her powers makes her unpredictable and wild, and Metallo has a bit of an edge over Superman for some strange reason
>After a fruitless confrontation with the two, Clark does a bit more digging into who they are
>Discovers Metallo is unaware that Intergang placed Kryptonite into him as a new power source, and that they planned for him to poison Superman

I didn't take that into consideration... I guess it makes more sense to have it after JL. Problem is, you have to take Clark Kent out of the equation, seeing as how he's "dead" and no longer works at the Daily Planet.

>In their next confrontation, Clark tries to talk Metallo and Livewire down into turning themselves in, at first they refuse, but once Clark points out all the destruction they're causing, the shame causes them to reconsider
>Livewire is distraught over what she's done and causes her to spark up, accidentally overloading Metallo's body
>Metallo is now incapacitated and leaking radiation in such great amounts that it starts to have intense negative effects on humans as well in the nearby vicinity
>Superman meekly crawls his way to Metallo's body to shut down the power supply and prevent the radiation from harming anyone
>Metallo is in great pain, but describes to Superman how to shut him down, as Clark uses X-ray and heat vision to cut the power
>As he shuts it down and covers the Kryptonite, he passes out next to Metallo
>Livewire manages to get a hold of herself and pull him out of there to save him form succumbing to the radiation, and provide enough power to Metallo to keep him going until an alternative source is ready
>Due to no innocents being greatly harmed, Metallo and Livewire are placed in a rehabilitation program due to their change of heart and good word from Superman
>Event is covered by several media outlets, people question whether or not supervillain reform is plausible, Clark believes anything is possible, things end on a good note
>Meanwhile, Intergang is in shambles, but is contacted by someone who wants to supply them with weapons
>The sequel is never made when Hollywood reboots every franchise ever in the following year

Have it show all the feats from the newspapers in BvS as well as a funny scene where J. Wilbur Wolfingham tries the real estate plan from Superman 1 and Superman stops both missiles simultaneously.

Injustice 2 has got you senpai

too edgy

>Problem is, you have to take Clark Kent out of the equation, seeing as how he's "dead" and no longer works at the Daily Planet.

they should just scrap this universe and start over. Say the WW movie was never part of the DCEU, and build a universe around it

Helps some victims of the capital bombing
FTFY
He fucked off before they were all okay.

t. Snyder

Weren't there rumors lately that MoS2 would include Black Adam after they had that meeting with the rock? Also that the Shazam movie has been scrapped our folded into MoS2.