ITT: Okay shows with awful art styles

ITT: Okay shows with awful art styles.
Starting with pic related.

See, it's not the art style that gets me but the voice acting. I've tried a few times to watch Star, but whenever she starts to talk it's like nails on a chalkboard and I can't make it through an episode.

>star
>awful art style
please consider self homicide

OP has never seen Cramp Twins.

I'd have understood if you posted adventure time or something, but there's nothing wrong with Star Vs. artstyle. Even that whole anime thing with the hair covering the eyes is easy to ignore. In fact, I'd say at this point it wouldn't look right if they either filled in the hair or filled in the eyes.

Star's art style isn't bad, it's just generic. The biggest flaw with the show is its inconsistent writing.

The ending of season 2 where she raises her voice against her mom is pretty cringe. Sold it short and made the scene very awkward she needs to fucking commit!

The fuck you talking about? This is better, it just looks like she has bangs, which she does.

has got it right on the art style, it's just generic and you could really apply that word to the rest of the show, safe works too.

Lol what. The voice acting is fine. However I COULD NOT watch Steven universe because of how annoying his voice was. I made it like 5-6 minutes through the first episode before I dropped it.

There's a lot of expression missing when you do that, which I guess is why they did it their way. You can still tell she has bangs.

Lol what. They're both shit

Steven's voice improves as the show goes on, mainly because the actor's voice changes

>B-BUT STEVEN UNIVERSE!
Starfags, everyone.

How long does it last? I have heard a lot of recs, but his voice is super irritating.

No that looks mad gay. You can't see her eyebrows at all which makes it difficult to tell what she's expressing

She looks like a special needs kid

Maybe if modern artstyles weren't so shit, you'd be able to tell what she was expressing without the need for the eyebrows to simply tell you.

From what I can tell, her voice gets more tolerable later on. I just tried to watch from the beginning but had the same problem with her voice

But then a more recent episode was on(not sure specifically which but it involved her dad staying in the house) and the voice was better

That was the original concept, but Disney wanted an actual magical girl cartoon, instead of it just happening in her head.

You're exaggerating, grandpa. It's nothing to write home about, but it's by no means "awful".

>Maybe if cartoons weren't shit, we wouldn't need facial expressions to convey a character's emotions
Good troll, almost made me type something serious down here in response

Yeah, the first half the the first season was horrible.

It got good after that, though.

Not all the characters look like that though. Star specifically has bigger eyes and kind of a higher forehead than most other characters, so as a result her eyebrows and half her eyes would be covered all the time with opaque bangs.

Instead all bangs in the show are semi-transparent, not just Star's-- it's just most obvious with her because her hair is light and she's the main character. Plus that has some basis in reality anyway; the hair's not totally solid.

She is expressive in way more than eyebrows, her mouth, cheek marks, etc. But that's been a design element of her character since the creator's original drawings and so they keep it consistent for the show.

dude just watch the most recent episode and go back to season 1 you WILL notice a difference.

I usually like DJWs style but with Omniverse I didn't. It was ugly.

just admit it
anime art looks horrendous on the best of days
put it in 3d and it looks like the stuff of nightmares
that's not even counting the terrifying chibi series

This
They wanted a simplistic artstyle that was easy to animate

So I guess I will be the first to say a show with a ACTUAL awful art style
Mr.Pickles
Rick and Morty
Bobs burgers
Family guy
Squidbillies
TTG
And a lot of Nickolodeon shows I don't feel like listing but you can guess what they are