Spider-man Homecoming Trailer

What is Captain America doing in an American High School educational video Sup Forums? Wouldn't he be an international fugitive by the time of 'Spider-man Homecoming'?

Other urls found in this thread:

youtube.com/watch?v=Gm5PZGb3OyQ
twitter.com/SFWRedditImages

Why is the school showing such a video after Steve became a wanted criminal?

>not HD format.
Capt was probably frozen when that promo was made.

The suit is modern.

people still love cap, and its likely that people would still support cap enough to watch it
also, implying that he would not be seen as robin hood figure who escaped the law to continue his crusade for justice

i would take the cap challenge

Yeah, and the video is not widescreen format.
Meaning that it should been from 2007 or before.

>robin hood figure who escaped the law to continue his crusade for justice

But he's under arrest for abetting a HYDRA assassin who killed Howard and Maria Stark and probably JFK.

It's an old video and people are too lazy to make a new one

the public doesn't know about it, it be really bad if people found out if America's number 1 hero was a fugitive.

So whats the official story that 3/4 of the Avengers team is AWOL?

wait my mistake, didn't peter post this shit online? or did he just keep it on his phone.
Also they tell the public what ever, far as the public is concerned they don't know they went awol.

Judging by Cap's costume, it was probably filmed at some point between Avengers 1 and The Winter Soldier.

This makes the most sense.

The one of the actual "fugitives" that people would really notice as missing would be Captain America. Wanda is too new, Widow stays off the radar anyway (and how did her whole double-cross thing actually shake out for her in the end?) and Hawkeye is officially retired.

>Homecoming's plot is about Vulture stealing a plane load of Avenger weapons

>Black Widow is the only Avenger left that uses handheld weapons

Vulture's equipment could be some spruced up custom job Falcon wanted.

>Wouldn't he be an international fugitive by the time of 'Spider-man Homecoming'?
Not like committing war crimes ever stopped people in real life being used for marketing.

youtube.com/watch?v=Gm5PZGb3OyQ

>Public schools having the funding to not use over decade old learning resources

HAHAHAHAHAHA

Cap Was Right

The people know it.

It may LOOK like Steve but it's actually William Burnside, who was Cap briefly in the late 80s.

i picked up on this too, but that's his avenger outfit. which means....
in a world with hyper-advanced robotic armor, holograms and artificial intelligence, (assuming avengers is set in 2012) video technology is more than 5 years behind ours

He's wearing his Avengers costume which means it's an older video.

The point is supposed to be that Peter goes to an underfunded public school (having an older, out of date video, watching a video at all during gym class as a cheaper alternative to having dedicated gym instructors, using an old 4:3 CRT instead of a flat screen) while at the same time serving as a way to justify having a Captain America cameo in the film.

No. The public knows they are fugitives.

It's at least known by the public that they wrecked an airport and got thrown in the Raft.

Like how Sony spoiled the cameo.

Or, ya know, they just have shitty TVs at the high school...

yea this is a New York City public high school isnt it? or are they in the fancy science school? if at the latter, less excuses but if this is a public school theyre frankly lucky they have functional tv's at all

I think it's supposed to be a special school. Didn't Stark enroll him? Also, it has its own campus.

He's a propoganda tool. America's government doesn't admit their tools do anything wrong. Especially these days. Cap's fugitive state would be classified in a heartbeat.

>The champion of Truth and Justice is on the run from US government
Yeah, that sums the situatuion pretty well.

It's a technical public school that you need a particular level of grades to attend.

i mean i really dont want to start a big political discussion, but at least it fits with the themes of the real world (to some people's point of view)

Food poison.

There is your answer, moving on

Silly goy, continuity doesn't matter! Go see #Spider-Man Homecoming this summer! It has Iron Man in it!

I thought Peter was supposed to go to a fancy private school on scholarship in this film, which is how they justified wimpy flash.

It´s funny because he did all those horribles things in my country.

>War Criminal
What?

If you look at the costume, especially that shitty helmut, it's from the first Avengers movie meaning that educational video was made before the events of Civil War. Even if he is a wanted fugitive from the government the people still see him as a hero. An abstract example would be like Edward Snowden right now.

Likely made in the gap between Avengers and Winter Soldier.

two things

1) I think they chose that terrible costume on purpose to make it more cheesy looking
2) the trailer I saw before pirates basically spoils the entire movie, like there's literally no reason to even go see it. They just tell the whole story from start to finish in 3 minutes and I don't know why movies do that now

>have captain america show up only as a cameo
>have iron man of murder tutoring spider-man on how to be a "hero"
what did marvel mean by this?

> Tony is Peter Parker's mentor.

> Steve is Wanda's mentor.

In both cases the mentor sees themselves in the protege.

>What is a Roman Polanski film doing in an American cinema Sup Forums? Wouldn't he be an international fugitive by the time he made 'The Pianist'?

Why does the Avengers costume look like such shit in real life, but totally fine in other media?

my guess is the material it's made of. Isn't that the primary difference between his Avengers one and his Avengers 2/Civil War one?

> The Avengers were perceived as reckless murderers due to Lagos.

> The Avengers were despised by the public before the airport debacle.

> Steve aggressively aided a wanted assassin who had murdered a shit ton of people.

> Many people probably think Wanda deliberately killed the Wakanda as in Lagos due to her joining Steve.

> Scott was already seen as a criminal before CW.

> Sam and Clint are probably viewed as simply accomplices so less hated.

> Team Cap are seen as terrorists who betrayed their team-mates.

There is no reason for the public to view Team Cap sympathetically given they don't know what we know.

>Spider-Man had limited knowledge of what was going on in Civil war
>during his talk with Stark it's obvious his philosophy is more in line with Cap's than with Stark's

they have to be setting up for him to realize, he shouldn't be trying to impress Iron Man because Iron Man isn't worth it

Yeah, but Wanda was closer to Tony's philosophy when Cap spoke to her.

>greatest hero of World War 2 jumps straight out of a fucking history book to stop aliens from invading New York
>2 years later he exposes the biggest conspiracy in human history and reveals that the Secretary of Defense was planning to murder millions

the logical conclusion to for the everyday joes in that universe draw from everything you just posted is that it's a collusion between some shady element still entrenched in government and the (((MSM))) to ruin the reputation of the only guy who is onto their shit

by the end of the movie she got better

It looks fine in the movie too, it's the awkward condom helmet squishing Evans' face that ruins it

It's to force as many connections to the avengers as possible, same reason it's Iron Man 4

>Force

Remember when movies like Thor 2 and TWS came out and anons were bitching that the shared universe was just a big lie because solo adventurers were still going? Or when they complained that in Daredevil you couldn't even ever see Stark Tower?

You'll just complain about anything

let's be real though, how the fuck did the President get kidnapped without Captain America being on the case

I don't remember the movie enough. I guess only Tony knew the precise location? Or was SHIELD there too