Logan was disappointing

>Logan was disappointing
>GotG 2 was disappointing
>Lego Batman was disappointing
>Wonder Woman was disappointing
>Homecoming looks boring as shit
Should I just drop superhero movies all together? This stuff brings me no excitement anymore, the last year I enjoyed comic book movies was in 2014.

What do you guys see in them anymore? There are so many coming out right now that they completely lost their shine.

I haven't seen one since age of ultron, they just haven't appealed to me really

Maybe you should take a break from all those movies and read some comics.

Maybe you're just getting older and less interested in movies in general. Or your taste in film has moved elsewhere.

That's true. They need to slow down a bit with the cape movies. They became repetitive and unoriginal.

I just don't watch many of them anymore. I choose an occasional one to watch, and that usually keeps it more interesting.

Last year I watched 2, and they were unfortunate choices: X-Men Apocalypse and Suicide Squad.

So far this year I've seen only Wonder Woman, and I liked it. If I'd been watching every single capeflick I expect I would've been too jaded to enjoy it.

The problem is that people are anticipating superhero movies to be such a "big thing" in cape-entertainment.
But in the end, you shouldnt give a 2h superhero movie more importance than reading a comicbook for 2 hours.

Dont put the cape-flick on a pedestal and you can enjoy it.

wow original never heard that one before

The problem for me is that I see all these glowing reviews and reactions online and when I go see them, the movies are in no way that good.

People said that Logan was an out of this world comic book movie experience, turns out it was just an ok action movie. People were saying how GotG 2 was so much more emotional and exciting than the first one, turns out it was just like the first one but now a character I don't really care about died. People are saying how WW is an incredible TDK-tier movie that's like in the top 5 best cbms ever, turns out it's just an ok origin story that didn't do anything groundbreaking. On and on again people hype up these movies as if they're something out of the ordinary and not just enjoyable/passable blockbusters.

Is cape movies all you watch? How do you get tired of something that comes out ever couple of months? If the answer is you're reading up on all the tidbits and news coming out about them before they're released then that's a fucktarded answer.

This.

They are just passable blockbusters, nothing more.

>The problem for me is that I see all these glowing reviews and reactions online and when I go see them, the movies are in no way that good.
WOW it's almos tlike different people have different standards and normies's standards are generally lower because they don't give a fuck? Really sets the neurons wiring.

>Ever couple of months
user please we have already 5 movies (if you count Power Rangers) in 5 months, and 3 more to come this year. This is overkill.

>if you count Power Rangers
Why would you? It barely had any discussion on Sup Forums.

>5
What are they?

lego batman
power rangers
logan
gotg 2
wonder woman

>3 more to come this year
try 8 more

>read some comics
Sup Forums doesn'r read comics.

I-i do

The only comic book movie I've seen this year was Logan, and I thoroughly enjoyed it. Despite strongly disliking the X-men franchise and wolverine (even in comic form).

I think you might just be burned out from watching too many cape movies, bro. I have a standing moratorium from watching anything DC unless they do something with Blue Beetle. The next Mahvel movie I plan to see is Black Panther.

Well, what are you doing on Sup Forums then?

nah fuck you man, I enjoyed all of them

don't worry based Taika will save the day

>all those good movies disappointing you
maybe it just doesnt tickle your fancy

>didn't like Lego Batman
>hates fun

You should just drop everything. You sound like a miserable bastard.

I agree with the 2014 thing. Last superhero movie I was genuinely excited for was Days of Future Past and Guardians

Only one of those I saw was GOTG: Volume 2 and it was awesome.
If you aren't enjoying things, go do something else like...i dunno...go cry on the internet about how nothing is fun anymore.

CAPESHIT WILL NEVER BE AS GOOD AS BVS.

dubs speaks the truth.

I stopped watching them after age of ultron

>all those different movies were disappointing

what the fuck do you want

Rotten Tomatoes uses a flawed system that rewards mediocrity.

>>Logan was disappointing
Logan was one of the most fresh movies of the genre. It's great how evaded all the tropes and became its own thing
>>GotG 2 was disappointing
Didn't see it
>>Lego Batman was disappointing
What did you expect that left you so dissapointed?
>>Wonder Woman was disappointing
Wonder Woman was good tho
>>Homecoming looks boring as shit

>Logan was disappointing

No.

>GotG 2 was disappointing

Don't know or care.

>Lego Batman was disappointing

No.

>Wonder Woman was disappointing

Don't know or care.

>Homecoming looks boring as shit

Don't know or care.

>waaaahhh everything sucks that means everyone else is the problem waaahhhhh

nah, you're just a cynical little bitch. grow a spine and start sorting yourself out, faggot.

>Logan was disappointing
Ahh, I see.
A special kind of retard.

>not liking Guardians, Lego Batman and Logan

lul you're sad

>This stuff brings me no excitement anymore
This place will do that to you.
Sup Forums will find a reason to shit on literally anything.

whats did user mean by this?

>"This new cape movie will be Citizen Kane of superhero genre for sure."
>it's not
>"What a dissapointment!"
everytime

great post, really added to the conversation here, fuck off you apathetic entitled idiot

Are you sure the real issue isn't that you simply don't like comic book movies and are instead forcing yourself to see them due to their popularity?

I see them because all of my friends really like capeshit comics and movies, so we've seen most of them in the cinema as they've come out since a few years ago. Some of them are really good, some are bad, but the general theme is that they're entertainment and not much more. I don't watch movies outside of being with friends so it's hard to compare, but when it comes to comics I'd much rather read something with more substance.

>he doesn't like CBMs
You are a psychopath. Take yourself out of society at first chance.

How assmad are you, cunt?

>Logan was disappointing
No it wasn't you god damn philistine

lol

If you didn't like Logan, Lego Batman, or WW then yes superhero movies might not be your thing because they were all great.

There's nothing wrong with that though. Movies are not that important. Find yourself some entertainment you can enjoy.

i feel as assmad as OP feels smug

>Not liking Lego Batman

I smell a fun hater. That movie was good silly fun.

>Logan was disappointing

> I'm a retard that likes a generic protect the little girl movie with the villain being a fucking clone

>All the comic books made today are unreadable trash, so all the comic book movies are equally trashy.

Movies are better than the comics.

If you went in expecting Logan to be another high impact action movie then you deserve the disapoitment you got. It was obvious from all the trailers that it was more like a modern day western. I went in knowing exactly what type of movie it was and was not disappointed. But of course you got idiots going not muh wolverine or expected wolverine being a bad ass and dominating everyone. This wolverine was more like how he was originally depicted in the old X-Men comics, before his stupid power creep where he could survive nuclear explosions. Back in the day if wolverine took enough damage he could die. I wish these newer generation would read some older comics for once.

>>Logan was disappointing
Fuck off
>>GotG 2 was disappointing
Fuck off
>>Lego Batman was disappointing
Fuck off
>>Wonder Woman was disappointing
Fuck off

fuck those comics, gramps. we yaasss queens and epic crossovers for the wins.

i wish there was an easier way to access older comics