What are some good fights in western animation?

What are some good fights in western animation?

Other urls found in this thread:

youtube.com/watch?v=TPp1GhuIP4o
youtube.com/watch?v=lPlSdns_n1E
youtube.com/watch?v=pzlL5ouF0Ao
youtube.com/watch?v=xvks9zNnNHc
youtube.com/watch?v=u630r-mrOKY
youtube.com/watch?v=-7hBZNsPnyg
youtube.com/watch?v=WIj7gIDFDe4
youtube.com/watch?v=7nQLiq3PkG8
youtube.com/watch?v=gXXmhQ0GVhc
youtube.com/watch?v=qIPCPAdr72c
youtube.com/watch?v=Rw91Lkne_f4
youtube.com/watch?v=N-wIieqpNIM
youtube.com/watch?v=NS02T0YayJc&ab_channel=NeedleMouseProductions
sakugabooru.com/post/show/26521
sakugabooru.com/post/show/10405
youtube.com/watch?v=Yg5pA847n2E&ab_channel=Axel1234
youtube.com/watch?v=7I6QbXrL5TE
twitter.com/AnonBabble

None

The style doesn't allow it.

I love my hero academia, but don't reply to this thread. it's more east vs west garbage.

All Might vs Noumu fight was the absolute highlight/best thing from season 1 youtube.com/watch?v=TPp1GhuIP4o ... also nice anime for those that like capeshit

That part in Kubo where Monkey fights her sisters

Is this shit real?

The vast majority of western animation is targeted towards children so you can't really go graphic with your fight scenes, or sometimes you're not even allowed to let your characters land a good punch occasionally. Western animation has, like, 10 good fight scenes tops...

Needs more Dettopooru

Wakfu has a few decent fights.

watch samurai jack or some dc movie with Darkseid and you'll see great fighting or WW fights furies
youtube.com/watch?v=lPlSdns_n1E
youtube.com/watch?v=pzlL5ouF0Ao

Really makes you think
youtube.com/watch?v=xvks9zNnNHc

lol yeah, that is Studio 4C for anyone that wanted to know

Yeah, Kubo was pretty good.

This is a legit good fight scene
youtube.com/watch?v=u630r-mrOKY

""""""""western animation"""""""" .... many of the shows that has some cool scenes and such are animated outside US/Canada, most of them are a mix of Korean + Japan and some counted times Malaysia and Taiwan. Batman TAS was animated by many different studios, one of those made this anime

My body will never be ready for the All for One fight to be animated, but I fucking want it anyway.

I miss the days where Korea was once a capital to make hand drawn animation.

Too much CGI nowadays....

It was thanks to Cartoon Network that we had a second season .... even though it was .... it had nice waifus though

By that you mean UNITED STATES OF SMASH?

justice league unlimited had good fights
young justice maybe?

Maybe I'm still salty over the ending but I don't remember Samurai Jack's fights being particularly great.

depends of the show, but many popular cape characters like batman or spiderman at least deserve good fight choregraphy, sadly if doesn't happen much.

DESU many capeshit have good fighting animations.
Young Justice.
Justice league.
Most DC animated films.

Here's another few.

Star Wars: The Clone Wars have plenty
youtube.com/watch?v=-7hBZNsPnyg

Even the previous one has decent ones
youtube.com/watch?v=WIj7gIDFDe4

Also, since someone mentioned Samurai Jack, just keep an eye on Tartakovsk'sy work
youtube.com/watch?v=7nQLiq3PkG8

that is what makes it harder to swallow how all it ended
youtube.com/watch?v=gXXmhQ0GVhc

It's bizarre how MHA is able to have so many likable characters in comparison to other Shonen shows which are either underwhelming or boring as shit. Even One Piece doesn't have that many likable characters.

That was actually kind of a boring fight though. It worked better as a parody than an actual action scene.

It's amazing how once westerners started funding it, the show itself got more Japanese. All those pacing issues and convoluted plots the first season sidestepped so gracefully really brought that show down.

Young Justice had some great fights. I remember particularly enjoying it any time Cheshire or Sports Master were on screen.

Jack fighting the Daughters of Aku was without a doubt some of the most engaging action I've seen in years. Even with all the negatives that came with season five, that whole sequence was damn near perfect.

Bitch you know it.

Hero academia is shit tho

Motorcity oughta have something.

It was kinda short, but Moon's Fight with Toffee in the S2 finale f Star Vs the Forces of Evil was really good while it lasted. I actually mentioned to my roommate 'I didn't realize western animation could do a fight scene that effectively.'

Yeah Motorcity was great, I really liked Duke of Detroit youtube.com/watch?v=qIPCPAdr72c

shut up.

Any big fight in TLA and korra comes to mind. some boondocks and samurai jack fights as well.

I feel like the reason that American cartoons lack good fights is less because they can't do it and more because they're forced to tone down the violence by studios.

Like there was a point in time where Power Rangers was thought to be too violent.

reminds of batman beyond

This and because it's more expensive and less profitable as opposed to noodle arm comedy 777

Why does Marvel animation suck so much compared to DC?

>Shut up

Name a single good fight scene from this decade

>When Tarzan's trapped and the leopard slashes through the wood, letting light filter in
Beautiful and intense, makes me want to watch this one again. Good job, user.

youtube.com/watch?v=Rw91Lkne_f4
youtube.com/watch?v=N-wIieqpNIM
Now quick, Find me a good fight scene from an anime from this decade that doesn't interrupt the fight choreography every minute for some side character to tell you what you just saw. I'll wait. hell the fight in the OP doesn't even have fight choreography ffs. weebs have such shit taste.

Western action>Eastern action
If action shows were still profitable we'd be wiping the floor with the nips just like we do in story telling.

Tron Uprising had some pretty sweet fights
I think Wakfu didn't pretty well in that regard too

That's pretty much it. There are a few hype moments in SSM but they're not amazing for the actual sense of dynamism the fights have, they're made by the emotional connection.

>taking the bait
Every fucking time.

>Now quick, Find me a good fight scene from an anime from this decade that doesn't interrupt the fight choreography every minute for some side character to tell you what you just saw.

Flip Flappers, Shinsekai Yori, Uchouten Kazoku. Shit, man, just because you only know your Nurutus and Blechs doesn't mean other anime doesn't exist.

Also, why are you posting Korean action as an indicator of quality in western animation?

>Merely pretending to be retarded.

>I don't know how the animation process works
Why are weebs so retarded?

First you are going to answer me when was the last time we saw anything decent DC animated.

youtube.com/watch?v=NS02T0YayJc&ab_channel=NeedleMouseProductions

I don't see any links weebfag.

>Not liking Futa

What are, a fag?

fight scenes are for autistic children

if your favorite anime,cartoon or whatever has its best qualities having "good fight scenes"

then i have some bad news for your parents

You must be fun at parties.

they should name it Shinsekai *Yuri* ....

no u

I can name several of these just from the current season.

Re:Creators, Uchouten Kazoku, Berserk, BLAME!, Shingeko no Bahamut, Granblue.

I don't even like Re:Creators or Granblue, but they still pass your silly test.

Don't see any links faggot.

LEGO movie and LEGO batman have some really good fight scenes that really make the most of brickfilm-inspired animation

You're all a bunch of children endlessly arguing about who has the nicer toy instead of just enjoying your toys.

Sorry we don't all like villains that get reformed by crying at them.

But you have to consider that fight scenes, when done right, can completely change the outcourse of the plot and character's emotions with carefully planned twists that are represented in a battle. Shows very rarely do this though and are more about, "whats the coolest way to show someone being punched?".

Sort of like with horror movies, you can have the coolest fucking villain design with the best gore scenes, but if the story is shit, its all just for eye candy.

>Find me a good fight scene from an anime from this decade that doesn't interrupt the fight choreography every minute for some side character to tell you what you just saw

This is a carry over from shonen manga, where writers often have a character comment on the functions of whatever wacky ability they're using in an aside panel to make the rest of the fight easier to follow or shove some talking into the flow of the action since you can get away with it in that medium. Cheaper shonen anime, particularly ones done by the likes of Toei animation and stuff like Naruto, keep that stuff in their adaptions since they tend to just use the manga like a storyboard. Which doesn't work at all, it slows down the pacing tremendously in an animated format and most of the time it's totally unneeded, but when you have a money maker like One Piece or Dragon Ball Z a studio isn't going to really give a shit about quality control.

If you're claiming that all anime follows that format then it's pretty obvious you haven't explored the genre at all besides the most popular stuff to come out of Toonami. Take a look at anime originals, or hell, even recent super popular shonen adaptions like One Punch Man, Attack on Titan and My Hero Academia which are going some lengths to avoid those pitfalls. Educate yourself.

Dude, Re:Creators doesn't have action scenes, it's just Meteora explaining things to you.

Stop emb/a/rassing yourself.

t. some fag that never had nice toys

>spoonfeed me senpai!

sakugabooru.com/post/show/26521
sakugabooru.com/post/show/10405

Just click around this site.

don't see any links faggot.

I've literally seen two episode of it, and those episodes both had fight scenes that passed that faggot's test.

The series doesn't seem all that interesting overall, though.

What the hell? It doesn't count if you deliberately cut stuff out.

youtube.com/watch?v=Yg5pA847n2E&ab_channel=Axel1234

If you weren't a speedwatching faggot you would've known that Re:Creators is literally last anime to pass that faggot's test.

Jesus Christ, how new are you?

>character goes flying into the distance
>perspective cuts to other characters watching while the other fighter catches up

That's not really people interrupting the fight to explain it.

I don't spoonfeed shitposters

>it doesn't count because I said so
>Doesn't factor in the fact that what he posted isn't full fight
>that's full of that shit
>I WANT TO BE RIGHT REEEEEEE

>Watch full fight
>18 secs in character gets flung away, cuts to other characters explaining what we just saw.
Woah dude. anime.

>Find me a good fight scene from an anime from this decade that doesn't interrupt the fight choreography every minute for some side character to tell you what you just saw. I'll wait
Okay
youtube.com/watch?v=7I6QbXrL5TE
Idiot

>Flip Flappers
Why is this so underrated? It has no merch at all, no one talks about it and the people who have seen it just complain acting like it was Eva levels of 2deep4u or something.

The guy specified cutting away to explain to the audience what they just saw.

That's not what happened there. Showing people reacting to a battle is not the same as having awkward exposition dumps in the middle of them.

Webm of you being dumb

Polygon Pictures actually is one of the Japanese studios with alot of foreign artist/animators on it, I dont have the photo with me right now though but there is alot of them

Man, love how Westaboo Studio Trigger has been lately .... also Sushi best girl

The last 4 or 5 episodes sucked

>super strength
>but literally only super strength
>can jump so hard it breaks his fucking legs

I love how the show handles powers.

>cg
AHAHAHAHAHAAAHAHA

Fair enough but it really feels like it should be more than just that. It's just confusing.

This one happened just this week.

>acting like it was Eva levels of 2deep4u or something

Are children today insinuating that this is a bad thing?

Many of the animations of early Shippuden episodes where animated in Malaysia actually ... since they wanted to shit as many episodes as possible so the demand for the studios in Japan couldnt be met

Get in the fucking womb, Cocona.

Any fight with Ruel putting in at least mild effort was kino

Why would he need a link for that rather thorough explanation?

Do you need a fucking picture to help you understand?

gotta say, i don't like that dumb ninja show where no one is a real ninja and no one covers their face except for that one guy
but damn some of their fight scenes are really good

>fights in anime are bad but moe garbage is good
I swear moe anime fans are the worst

Some people are, or at least use it as an excuse so they don't have to think.

This one looks like shit. significantly Lowering the art quality for cheaper animation to the point where the character's features pop in and out of existence mid fight. fucking gross. This couldn't have been made in the 2010s.

Now this is impressive. Pretty shocking that Naruto is the pillar of anime though, real nice industry you got there.

I didn't mind them so much.

You're basing that all on a reaction image huh?

>talking about fight choreography
>I'll use my words instead of showing you fight choreography.
Nice.

Are we still pretending that this part of the fight was bad animation? Jarring? Maybe, but considering this was a fight between a erratic beast an a puppeted zombie, it worked well in my opinion.

Eh, the still-frames of it are ridiculous, but it really showed motion well.