THEY'RE MAKING A SECOND SEASON

WASN'T ONE ENOUGH?

Other urls found in this thread:

vimeo.com/ondemand/xiaolindragons
vimeo.com/217939701
us5.campaign-archive2.com/?u=72e5e554031c8b4144d6b495d&id=7e7ae4a762
twitter.com/NSFWRedditVideo

Source?

I haven't heard anything about a second season being made but yesterday, they released this Special Edition version of the first season.

vimeo.com/ondemand/xiaolindragons

They claim that the episodes were reedited but don't go into any more detail than that. I honestly think it's the same episodes just with some behind the scenes stuff added at the end. That's just a guess, I'm not spending $50 to find out.

I can't find anything on a second season but there was a kickstarter for a comic that was supposedly going to be closer to the original series in someway but it fell through.

I couldn't get throught the first few episodes.
Why do they have to emphasize trough several scenes, how disgusting dojo is while sensing the shen gong wus? Is this what passes for entretainment these days?

vimeo.com/217939701

how is she not broke and how is she able to continue making shit?

I never cared about this show, even back when it was "good". Was it ever really good? All I know is everybody kept posting about Jack Spicer, whose design looks very deviantart-edgy to me.

That's just a teaser for the special edition of season 1. You can even see the filename for one of the Doublesodes when she was showing that clip.

It won't.
us5.campaign-archive2.com/?u=72e5e554031c8b4144d6b495d&id=7e7ae4a762
>Well, Fans, after some thoughtful consideration, Xiaolin Chronicles—the way it came out—will NOT return. XC will be a standalone 26. But this doesn’t mean our Xiaolin adventures won’t continue… Quite the contrary…

She's still gonna butcher it in another way though I'm sure.

I remember kind of liking the first season and a half when I was a kid, but then I started sleeping in during Saturdays, and when I actually woke up early to see what was going on with Xiaolin Showdown, the main villain was a talking bean.

I also remember thinking Jake Long was a spinoff of Xiaolin Showdown because Jake looked a little like Raimundo.

>Was it ever really good?
Yes, it honestly was. Had a few bad moments here and there but overall it was a great show.
>Jack Spicer, whose design looks very deviantart-edgy to me.
Jack Spicer was the incompetent gag villain done right. He wasn't edgy at all and was actually quite likable.

Xiaolin Showdown was one of those shows I watched mostly because it was airing alongside Pokemon. So I didn't watch it because I liked it, but because I was a stupid kid who was too lazy to pick up the remote.

It's nice to see them directly acknowledge why the show turned out the way it did even if it's all stuff we figured out back when it started airing. Maybe the show's horrible writing can be blamed on the language barriers then? I don't know.

The kickstarter they mentioned at the end of that wasn't successful which is actually kind of a shame because a story going more into the creation of the Shen Gong Wu would be neat if it were done right and in Showdown's continuity.

Never bothered to watch the new show, what happened with Ray's sick black uniform from the end of the original?

Chronicles is really inconsistent with Showdown, so a ton of plot points from the first show are dropped and a lot of the Shen Gong Wu were changed. Also, the show became Omiwank.

Chronicles tried to be a sequel and a reboot at the same time and its continuity became a mess as a result. Merely one of many things wrong with the show.

And because of some laws about Canadian VAs, everybody except for Tara Strong and Jennifer Hale was fired and replaced with Canadian-born actors. Which means Chase sounds like Sesshomaru instead of Richie from Static Shock.

As a chink, it was weird to see the brief trend of western cartoons about Asians (Xiaolin, Jake Long, Juniper Lee, Jackie Chan Adventures, Avatar, etc.). Avatar and Jackie were pretty good, but others like Jake Long made me cringe. And the only things I remember about Juniper Lee were how it had the exact same plot as Jake Long, and the voice actor was Kari from Digimon.

>Juniper Lee and Jake Long come out at the same time
>Same basic theme and story
>Family and core cast is exactly the same, just genderbent
>Both even have effectively immortal talking dogs with humorous accents
This has been said to be a coincidence, I refuse to believe this. Something fishy must have happened.

>I'm not spending $50 to find out.
I would have to be payed $50 to watch it.

It's not like an original premise for an action story. And a lot of both shows rely on tropes for character creation. Danny Phantom and Static Shock has a ton of similarities with Juniper and Jake, too.

When a trend is happening (Anime is popular, make Asian-inspired action shows!) and you get pitches from hundreds of different people to capitalize on that concept, chances are, you'll run into similar things.

>Jack Spicer
>edge

Kek of the highest order. The guy's a top level joke villain who's only ever been a major threat when calling other villains for help.

Now that I think about it. I haven't seen what he looks like in the new show, but I'm not sure I want to.

>both leads have JL for initials
>family power skips their parents' generation

What's even more stupid is that $50 only gets you a one year rental for the episodes. They really need to find a better platform for this.

I dunno man, on the one hand you're right but on the other there's an insane amount of overlap between the two. They premiered only months apart and had way more things in common than just "Asian action show". Sure Danny Phantom and Static Shock were similar to some degrees, but they also had totally different tones, explored themes, settings, casts, and had 3 years between them.