Homestuck

hey, Sup Forums, what mspfa should i read now that Homestuck is over?

Other urls found in this thread:

gobolatula.com/ithurts/
twitter.com/SFWRedditVideos

Prequel

or Making a Cat Cry: The Adventure

UPDATE WHEN

UPDATE SOON (tm)

The six thousand spawned davekat fanfics.

There was a really good fansession, can't remember the name now. It was in another universe in a utopian society where nearly everyone has superpowers. It was a lot like Hivebent in how the comic glossed over a lot of meaningful events to save time. It was pretty cool for a fansession, played with some really interesting ideas.

>Remember OFF? Remember how YUGE it was in 2013?
>It was like 5 years old at that time, and all it took was bored Homestucks finding an ancient, one-off video game. Now, Homestuck is that ancient one-off found by bored fans of other things.
But OFF takes 6 hours to beat; even if you skip to A5 youll spend weeks reading homestuck. So either tumblr has an incredible reading dedication and is wasting in shit ways or just a bunch of posers following memes.

That one where the blood caste was inverted and Eridan was a bum.

Can you name them, Sup Forums?

Tauhid isn't in it so I'll give you that one for free.

i could never get into prequel despite being a pretty lore-heavy elder scrolls dude. I think when I first read it, it had only been going a small while.

I don't understand how somebody with such a winning formula would disregard the thing that made mspa so damn popular, the frequent updates.

that was okay until they shoehorned OCs into it, like so many other mspafanventures actually now that I think about it. which sucks when people get the actual characters' personalities right

I see the guy on the left with the turtle and I can't not think that he's just Ulrich Haarbürste, of wrapping Roy Orbison in Clingfilm fame.

If you want to read something like that, just read The Fisher-Prince by Roachpatrol

I prefer consistency to update speed since the vriskagram accident

how long ago was that made

ryan
I dunno
Byron
Andrew
Probably Betel
I dunno
Friman

Worm :^)

And Damara masturbates ghosts

>/hsg/ will never be able to migrate to /vg/ and end Sup Forums's suffering

One day, Hiveswap will be released.

It won't be worth more than one or two angry threads filled with betrayed tears, though.

Someone post "ghost blowjob"

just checked my homestuck folder to find that damara has the lowest amout of images of anything even closely related to homestuck in my collection (even ice cream man from and it don't stop has more related images than her), and they're basically all blowjob jokes.

sucky sucky five dorra

They're having consistent updates on the interviews at least, even if it confirms that they're using Unity.

she's literally an asian schoolgirl prostitute stereotype
of fucking course that's all the art of her

in any case, the dancestors were a mistake

We were supposed to have weekly updates FROM THE BEGINNING
Have you read the interviews? None of them are original readers, they all started in like 2016 and their favorite flashes are fucking Collide and Act 7

Now there's a crackship I can get behind.

as moirails

What have you done.
They would be so good for each other pale. Fuck.

The guy who helped make It Don't Stop is next though.
Plus you act like there are any original readers with talent left. That was seven years ago, they all got jobs with a better company.
And of course the current lot are going to toe the party line.

8 years have passed, but I do not age. Time has lost its effect on me.

wait, tauhid is working with them? I thought he jumped ship when paradox space was a failure

And yet, the suffering continues. Andrew's grasp chokes the past, present, and future. All hope is lost.

Nope, he's still on. I keep saying Hiveswap does in fact have talented people working on it, like Cohen said. It's just everyone in charge hasn't anything resembling talent.

Gotta get back. Back to the past. Prankster John.

lowas john was best john

EIGHT YEARS HAVE PASSED

>The guy who helped make It Don't Stop is next though.
Okay, that brings me back to caring a little.

What I'm saying is, regardless of whether it would be realistic to GET any original readers working on it, the fact that they AREN'T working on it is discouraging.

I remember when he posted this and some people on the forums took it seriously

The time someone started reading is irrelevant, what matters is their actual opinions. The problem isn't that they're saying they started late, the problem is that they loved act 7 and think Rosemary is anything but the burnt toast of relationships.
Also the problem is their creative director is a humorless shit.

>They kick back under the stars, sharing a roach and jamming. Damara talks about her shitty, shitty relationships. Karkat talks about his shitty, shitty leadership.

>she gives him a glimpse of relationship realism to contrast his romanticized view gleaned from romance novels
>she inspires a little more optimism to contrast with her usually cynical view of relationships
>then they hit the bong again and laugh together

>Movie night on the couch and they argue over who's watching what, while trying to arrange the popcorn, bong, and drinks.
>Karkat pushes for The Notebook and Hitch.
>Damara pushes for Chicago and Moulin Rogue.
>They later riff the fuck out of 50 Shades of Gray from both the romance and bondage angles.

The whole time the rest of the kids and trolls are there for movie night, watching awkwardly as Karkat and Damara debate the situational appropriateness of ball gags and leather.

if nothing else this is a cautionary tale about kickstarter

don't back projects before they're done because as soon as they have your money, you won't be the target audience anymore

>Aku, baby, I have the juiciest of news! You'll never GUESS what I just saw! You remember Andrew Hussie, right? Big lips, souless stare? It seems he lost his talent, babe!
>And I betcha you don't know how. The kicks-tar-ter babe! Unbelievable, I know! He doesn't even need ya unspeakable evil to fail! He was even getting pounded by Zoe Quinn.

>Too bad you weren't there, what a freak! Looked like a talking pussy.

This is a cautionary tale to actually vet the studios and people working for me.

kanaya is best girl
shes literally a pure virgin maiden

Exactly two years ago kanaya knocket karkat unconscious. Saay something nice to it!

there's no way it's been 2 years already.

I'm gonna be dead in no time

Read a comic that is more "homestuck" than Homestuck itself.

You get kids doing kid things and having fun, the end of the world, several meta layers, mental ascensions and the final reward. Except in a comic that isn't shit for a change.

help help i'm falling in love too quickly
i wish the lava had killed karkat! i love karkat!

And what was the point of that
What was the point of Karakt supposed to have lead the trolls when he ended up doing no such thing

don't you see? he got to lead the trolls as a figurehead in the snapchat story :^)

This is a cautionary tale about never getting emotionally invested in anything, ever

what comic is that?
sounds interesting

it hurts.

the art is terrible, the jokes are 2006 tier internet humour at best and the story seems a little full of itself

just like homestuck :^)

What comic is that user

it hurts!!!

The thing with Rosemary is that, like all ships in Homestuck, it stops working the second it goes from hypothetical to canon, because Hussie can't write functional relationships for shit.

It's cute and funny to see Rose trying to be an edgy snarky fuck while Kanaya is naive as fuck, but the second they get comfortable they drop all the quirks that make them interesting characters.

That's probably 90% of the reason why Davekat isn't canon yet and probably never will be.

I don't think that's entirely fair. There were plenty of warning signs that we should have picked up on to not get emotionally invested.

But he wasn't even a figurehead. Little troll girls want to dress up as Jade, not Karkat

Does this make Ashi Roxy or Vriska? It really depends who you ask, I guess.

gobolatula.com/ithurts/
The art is very messy in the beginning, but gets more stable as the plot progresses. Things will never be the same after page 100, but I recommend reading it whole to get familiar with the characters.

The reason why Davekat isn't canon is because Hussie knows people find it awful and never tries to risk anything.

I Still Walk Among You
With My Feet

It Hurts! is like if Sup Forums wrote Homestuck Act 5 Act 2. It 100% isn't the complete Homestuck experience, but it combines a lot of the dark humor, teen angst, ridiculous scale creep, internet humor, and overwhelming dread that made Homestuck so popular. The only reason why it never got big is because it's primarily only marketed to Sup Forums and, has shit art, and is opened with 100 pages of edgy slice of life that slides by primarily on its lengthy, hard to read snarky wordbubble dialogues. Like Homestuck Act 1 but somehow both better and worse.

Nah, the thing with Rosemary is that it was never good.

It's "canon" in the sense that it's probably happening but will likely never be acknowledged in the comic itself. Dave and Karkat will forever fluctuate between snarky bros, married couple, and flirty gay boys because Hussie can't write them as an open stable relationship.

>probably happening
Please, Jade got more shiptime with Dave in the final hours than Karkat did.

>falling for the orange jew's tricks

When will you fricking fricks learn. Homestuck is built on shiptease. Flirtatious one liners, charming blushes, teen awkwardness, etc etc. Shipping in Homestuck is a losing game, because it is more profitable for Andrew to keep you watching in the hopes that your ship becomes canon than to actually write a real loving relationship. Rosemary is only canon because he fucked up, and he keeps it in place for the diversity points. Meanwhile, AradiaSol, another accidental ship from the same time, gets thrown in the back and put on ice. Hussie thrives on teasing and breaking potential ships, and you're fucking supporting his bullshit. Rise above. Stop rooting for which teenagers should fuck.

>Homestuck is built on shiptease. Flirtatious one liners, charming blushes, teen awkwardness
>didn't read anything before act 5

Shit, yesterday I had a RL Kanaya dancing near me at the nightclub I work in. Fancy clothes, short hair, demure attitude. Coulnd't get my eyes of her.

>When Karkat finally gets a date, Damara shadows him the entire way there, looming just out of his vision, but clearly visible to the date's.
>She keeps flicking the needles in and out of her hair.
>Afterwards she grills Karkat to find out what they did on the date, and critiques the date's performance.
>She does this after he gets laid too. She has a ranking system.

>accidental
Please, we all know DaveJade was anything but, and was born out of Hussie's desire to fuck Betel.

>tfw I'm a security guard that refuses to work clubs or bars
I will never have gems like this

And also gets cosplayers fucking on camera.

I saw that. It was okay.

Andrew Hussie is a self-loathing betacuck numale whose been emotionally castrated by Halftruth and literally castrated by IPGD. All of his friends and employees are SJWs who demonize men and it comes through in his writing of all male Homestuck characters been wimpy and emotionally broken and the female characters as strong independent women who don't need no man.

>what is dave's first convo with jade
>what is terezi and john's entire relationship
>what is dave's every convo with rose
>what is dave strider
>what is wv and pm

It may have not consumed the story so utterly early on but it's always been there.

Ah yes, Homestuck. Totally the best webcomic ever. Then...

Act 6. Motherfucking Act 6.

>ANDREW HUSSIE IS A SELF-LOATHING BETAKEK NUMALE WHO HAS BEEN EMOTIONALLY CASTRATED BY HALFTRUTH. AND LITERALLY CASTRATED BY IPGD.
>ALL OF HIS "FRIENDS" AND EMPLOYEES ARE SJWS WHO DEMONIZE MEN AND IT COMES THROUGH IN HIS WRITING OF ALL MALE HOMESTUCK CHARACTERS BEING WIMPY AND EMOTIONALLY BROKEN AND THE FEMALE CHARACTERS AS STRONG INDEPENDENT WOMEN WHO DO NOT NEED NO MAN.

>Didn't make the U's lowercase.
0/10 calliope, you can't even pretend to be your brother.

>too stupid to remember that he stopped using his lowercase Us once Calliope died

>I AM FUCKING OUTRAGED.
>MY LOYAL FANBASE TURNING AGAINST ME. SIMPLY UNTHINKABLE.
>AND FOR WHAT?
>BECAUSE I GOT RID OF MY SISTER'S WEAKNESSES AND GOT THIS SICK ASS LIME TEXT?
>DISGUSTING. TRUE ARTISTS LIKE ME MUST BE FREE. FREE TO MIX UP THEIR STYLE FROM TIME TO TIME.

I'm pretty certain that Hussie, despite initially making fun of rabid shippers and SJW Tumblrites (Kankri), eventually realized that they form a potential sizeable audience, and began catering to them in earnest.

Duh. I think people overstate the effects of his pandering, but even in the Act 5 Act 2 days Hussie was actuvely aware if the monetary worth of his cancerous fanbase, and has been milking them ever since.

Ryan North, Tynic, Byrobot, Andrew Hussie, Betelgeuse, NotASenator, Michael Firman

I reverse image searched it. :)

Write it

oh so that's tynic.

she owns the fabled wizardology i think

Yeah but that marks the fifth davejade to fuck on camera, like what

*Act 5

I am glad Hussie raped Karkat this much and turned him into Dave's accessory.

L8L

Jade cosplayers are sluts, obviously.

THAT WAS YOU VRISKA!

YOU RAPED ME!

Considering the Kickstarter was in 2012, I'd say bout 5 years ago.

Post the picture. You know the one.

Kanaya having sex with Dirk on a hovercraft?